PDA

View Full Version : Mueller report to be heavily edited.

Lummy
04-15-2019, 05:51 PM
The most consequential editing process in the country is almost over. Lawyers from the Justice Department and the special counsel’s office have gone word by word, sentence by sentence through the nearly 400-page confidential report that Robert S. Mueller III completed last month, using color coding to conceal classified or other protected information.

The Justice Department will release the redacted report on Thursday morning, a spokeswoman said Monday.https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-mueller-report-redaction-release-20190415-story.html

Common Sense
04-15-2019, 06:03 PM
Redacted and edited are two different things.

Captdon
04-15-2019, 06:05 PM
Read your post and then think about what you were trying to say.

Lummy
04-15-2019, 06:45 PM
To whom are you talking?

Lummy
04-15-2019, 06:46 PM

Redacting is heavy editing.

countryboy
04-15-2019, 06:48 PM

Redacting is not editing at all. Two entirely different things. Perhaps a remedial course in fifth grade English is in order.

Lummy
04-15-2019, 06:54 PM
Well, that wasn't very nice. And you are wrong. That would be strike two.

countryboy
04-15-2019, 07:14 PM
Well, that wasn't very nice. And you are wrong. That would be strike two.

You're right, it wasn't very nice. I was just being a smart aleck. I apologize.

Sergeant Gleed
04-15-2019, 09:59 PM

No.

Redacting is FOLLOWING THE LAW.

I can understand how the Rodents want to see the names, so they can torture those who didn't lie for Mueller or who told Mueller the truth, but, guess what? Those people have a right to their privacy.

You used the incorrect word deliberately to impugn the Attorney General.

Tahuyaman
04-15-2019, 10:52 PM

Tell us the difference.

Lummy
04-16-2019, 03:05 AM
Redacting is not editing at all. Two entirely different things. Perhaps a remedial course in fifth grade English is in order.

No.

Redacting is FOLLOWING THE LAW.

I can understand how the Rodents want to see the names, so they can torture those who didn't lie for Mueller or who told Mueller the truth, but, guess what? Those people have a right to their privacy.

You used the incorrect word deliberately to impugn the Attorney General.

And you're a dog's ass with the dumbest post on this board. ^^^

"redact: to obscure or remove (text) from a document prior to publication or release." -- Merriam Webster. (no legal reference is made)

"redact: to remove words or information from a text before it is printed or made available to the public" -- Cambridge Dictionary. (again no legal reference)

see also: https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/redact

Why am I being trolled about this?

stjames1_53
04-16-2019, 03:56 AM
And you're a dog's ass with the dumbest post on this board. ^^^

"redact: to obscure or remove (text) from a document prior to publication or release." -- Merriam Webster. (no legal reference is made)

"redact: to remove words or information from a text before it is printed or made available to the public" -- Cambridge Dictionary. (again no legal reference)

see also: https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/redact

Why am I being trolled about this?

Well, editing is a form of redaction. Try to submit something for publication to a publisher. You might be told to "edit" your piece. That means it is too long, irrelevant material, or portions are unneeded. Redacting is legalized editing.

Peter1469
04-16-2019, 04:50 AM
I don't think that I learned what redaction meant in the 5th grade. But I went to a Louisiana public school.

Peter1469
04-16-2019, 04:52 AM
Any agency that provided information that got into the report would get a crack at redactions. I do this sort of thing often.

countryboy
04-16-2019, 06:21 AM
Well, editing is a form of redaction. Try to submit something for publication to a publisher. You might be told to "edit" your piece. That means it is too long, irrelevant material, or portions are unneeded. Redacting is legalized editing.
And it's not really "editing" per se, as in, changing the wording. It's simply blocking out portions so they can't be seen.

countryboy
04-16-2019, 06:26 AM
I don't think that I learned what redaction meant in the 5th grade. But I went to a Louisiana public school.
Lol, I was making a stupid joke. I apologized to Lummy for it.

I probably knew what the word, "redaction" meant, in fifth grade, but I was an exceptional reader. I actually got a "D" in seventh grade English one quarter, because I always had my nose buried in a book, instead of doing my work.

Common
04-16-2019, 06:44 AM
Redaction is a form of editing where they combine sources to make a single document.

Lummy
04-16-2019, 08:22 AM
I'm sorry but lawyers are not going to take over the dictionary like they've taken over a lot of whatever else.

Go fish.

alexa
04-16-2019, 08:27 AM
Redaction is a form of editing where they combine sources to make a single document.

No.

stjames1_53
04-17-2019, 05:12 AM
No.
Yes, last word

suds00
04-17-2019, 11:51 AM
editing may mean some changing of content.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2019, 01:45 PM
The Democrats are going to hyperventilate when the Mueller report is finally released. They will claim that everything redacted is the proof of collusion, obstruction and other criminal conduct by Donald Trump.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2019, 01:50 PM
Redact.....revise, edit....

redact

[ri-dakt]
EXAMPLES|WORD ORIGINSEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR redact ON THESAURUS.COM (https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/redact)

verb (used with object)

to put into suitable literary form; revise; edit.
to draw up or frame (a statement, proclamation, etc.).
to hide or remove (confidential parts of a text) before publication or distribution, or to examine (a text) for this purpose:

fbond02
04-17-2019, 02:17 PM
Any investigation would involve speaking with the authority figure. If you’re driving down the road and you’re hit by a Acme Trucking vehicle, when there is an investigation done into the driver, a visit to the boss would be in order. What was the driver’s record, was he actually and employee, was he cited for negligence or violations before, etc… This would go for the Boeing Max 8 debacle, the Wells Fargo scandal, etc… It’s investigation 101.

No such questions were asked of the boss in the Trump Campaign (Donald Trump). Thus the investigation is incomplete or, if you prefer, not thorough.

If the AG was working for the people instead of the President…he wouldn’t have accepted the report of Robert Mueller as being complete.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Most people have their mind made up. To those people the Mueller report is irrelevant.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2019, 02:57 PM
Any investigation would involve speaking with the authority figure. If you’re driving down the road and you’re hit by a Acme Trucking vehicle, when there is an investigation done into the driver, a visit to the boss would be in order. What was the driver’s record, was he actually and employee, was he cited for negligence or violations before, etc… This would go for the Boeing Max 8 debacle, the Wells Fargo scandal, etc… It’s investigation 101.

No such questions were asked of the boss in the Trump Campaign (Donald Trump). Thus the investigation is incomplete or, if you prefer, not thorough.

If the AG was working for the people instead of the President…he wouldn’t have accepted the report of Robert Mueller as being complete.
The AG is following the law. How do you know the Mueller report is incomplete? Did Mueller tell you that? How do you know what questions were or were not asked? Do you have special access no one else has?

suds00
04-17-2019, 03:00 PM
whatever the report states trump will claim vindication

Tahuyaman
04-17-2019, 03:04 PM
whatever the report states trump will claim vindication
Whatever the report doesn’t say, you will claim it incriminates Trump.

fbond02
04-17-2019, 03:37 PM
The AG is following the law. How do you know the Mueller report is incomplete? Did Mueller tell you that? How do you know what questions were or were not asked? Do you have special access no one else has?

was the President interviewed under oath?

if the answer is no, the investigation is not possibly complete.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2019, 04:29 PM

He responded to written questions. Do you have knowledge of those questions?

The Xl
04-17-2019, 04:58 PM
Naturally

Mini Me
04-17-2019, 06:14 PM
Lol, I was making a stupid joke. I apologized to Lummy for it.

I probably knew what the word, "redaction" meant, in fifth grade, but I was an exceptional reader. I actually got a "D" in seventh grade English one quarter, because I always had my nose buried in a book, instead of doing my work.
You must be the smartest guy in your room! LOL!

Mini Me
04-17-2019, 06:16 PM
Its settled! We aren't going to see the full Mueller report!

AND THE COVERUP CONTINUES!

countryboy
04-17-2019, 06:17 PM
You must be the smartest guy in your room! LOL!

I'm definitely the smartest guy in this post, but that's not exactly anything to brag about.

countryboy
04-17-2019, 06:18 PM

Damned rule of law!

stjames1_53
04-17-2019, 06:18 PM

Like Trump's taxes, this is not within your purview to see

countryboy
04-17-2019, 06:19 PM
Like Trump's taxes, this is not within your purview to see

Aww man, that was just cold blooded. No need to kick a man while he's down.

Peter1469
04-17-2019, 07:45 PM

Any president would be stupid to answer any questions under oath.

alexa
04-17-2019, 07:59 PM
Certainly a criminal like the current one would be.

MisterVeritis
04-17-2019, 08:17 PM
In my opinion no report should be released.

Peter1469
04-18-2019, 04:24 AM
Certainly a criminal like the current one would be.
Mueller should have hired you as an investigator.