PDA

View Full Version : Bill Weld, former Massachusetts governor, launches GOP primary bid against Trump.....

MMC
04-16-2019, 08:47 AM
Bill Weld, a former two-term Republican governor of deep-blue Massachusetts, officially entered the 2020 presidential race Monday, mounting the only GOP primary challenge against President Trump's reelection bid so far.

"It is time to return to the principles of Lincoln — equality, dignity, and opportunity for all," he added.

Weld, who launched an presidential exploratory committee (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-weld-2020-ex-massachusetts-governor-takes-step-to-primary-trump/) in February, recently rejoined the Republican Party after spending several years as a Libertarian, including in 2016, when he was the Libertarian Party's vice presidential nominee and running mate to former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson......snip~

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-weld-2020-republican-ex-governor-says-hes-running-for-president-against-trump/

Ahahahahah…..a Left leaning libertarian will primary Trump. Thinking he knows what it is to be a Conservative. So far all he has is soundbites of what Trump said when he was running for the Presidency in 2016.

Weld is like Romney lite. LOL

Lummy
04-16-2019, 09:09 AM
Trump is invincible.

alexa
04-16-2019, 09:24 AM
You misspelled invertebrate.

I'll vote for Weld again if only to remind me of the time when Republicans had spines.

Sergeant Gleed
04-16-2019, 09:29 AM
So a RINO from Massachusetts steps up to be embarassed.

Since Weld is pro-invasion, he won't last long.

MMC
04-16-2019, 10:12 AM
So a RINO from Massachusetts steps up to be embarassed.

Since Weld is pro-invasion, he won't last long.

Made in the Mold of Romney. Another spineless and weakass leftist/Wannabe Republican.

Trump will have fun with the Never Trumper. The Warm up before destroying the Clown from the leftness.

Tahuyaman
04-16-2019, 10:33 AM
He'll drop out.

pjohns
04-16-2019, 10:41 AM
The only possible reason that one might have to primary the sitting president--well, other than, perhaps, a book deal--is to weaken him for the general election.

In other words, it would appear that Weld is a die-hard Never Trumper; he would rather a Democrat win than that Trump should win re-election.

I really think that it would be well to be clear on this point...

alexa
04-16-2019, 10:55 AM
Weld is everything that Trump wishes he was and therefor hates.

It should be quite amusing as Weld probably has no fucks to give about what Trump tweets.

MisterVeritis
04-16-2019, 10:55 AM

It should be quite amusing as Weld probably has no fucks to give about what Trump tweets.
Weld is irrelevant.

alexa
04-16-2019, 10:57 AM
Weld is irrelevant.
As are you.

Perhaps the two of you can get together and sing kumbaya.

MMC
04-16-2019, 11:00 AM

Come back to reality.

Oh and if Weld didn't give a damn about what Trump tweets. He wouldn't be bitching about what Trump Tweets. Just an FYI there. For you that would be a clue.

Try and keep it realistic rather than come with those TDS feelings you can't escape.

MisterVeritis
04-16-2019, 11:03 AM
Weld is irrelevant.

As are you.

Perhaps the two of you can get together and sing kumbaya.
I am not running. Stay focused.

MMC
04-16-2019, 11:03 AM
The only possible reason that one might have to primary the sitting president--well, other than, perhaps, a book deal--is to weaken him for the general election.

In other words, it would appear that Weld is a die-hard Never Trumper; he would rather a Democrat win than that Trump should win re-election.

Whomp…..there it is. But know the flashing lights and bell whistles aren't enough to cause the leftness to filter that down.

MMC
04-16-2019, 11:10 AM
Weld is irrelevant.

I am not running. Stay focused.

Cmon now.....you can't tell It to stay focused. That would confuse the damn thing even more. :laugh:

suds00
04-16-2019, 11:15 AM
good luck to him.it would be a great improvement if weld was nominated.

MisterVeritis
04-16-2019, 11:17 AM
good luck to him.it would be a great improvement if weld was nominated.
Weld is irrelevant. Weld has been irrelevant for decades.

alexa
04-16-2019, 11:29 AM
Come back to reality.

Oh and if Weld didn't give a damn about what Trump tweets. He wouldn't be $#@!ing about what Trump Tweets. Just an FYI there. For you that would be a clue.

Try and keep it realistic rather than come with those TDS feelings you can't escape.
The only one with Trump Defense Syndrome is you.

Ask your caretaker for more nap time.

Dr. Strangelove
04-16-2019, 11:59 AM
You misspelled invertebrate.

I'll vote for Weld again if only to remind me of the time when Republicans had spines.

That is a time from long, long ago!
The 70's? We had Nelson Rockefeller, Ev Dirkson and a few more.
But the Goldwater cult prevailed, and gave us Reagan, and it was all downhill from there with the GOP!

MisterVeritis
04-16-2019, 12:00 PM
That is a time from long, long ago!
The 70's? We had Nelson Rockefeller, Ev Dirkson and a few more.
But the Goldwater cult prevailed, and gave us Reagan, and it was all downhill from there with the GOP!
I wonder if you have confused your decline as applying to the Republican party?

Dr. Strangelove
04-16-2019, 12:06 PM
I wonder if you have confused your decline as applying to the Republican party?

Ok, I'll say what you want me to say; Both parties have been in decline for a long time now!

Weld may represent Rethugs who are sick of Trump! There needs to be this pushback!

MisterVeritis
04-16-2019, 12:08 PM
Ok, I'll say what you want me to say; Both parties have been in decline for a long time now!
Weld may represent Rethugs who are sick of Trump! There needs to be this pushback!

Weld is irrelevant.

MMC
04-16-2019, 12:19 PM
The only one with Trump Defense Syndrome is you.

Ask your caretaker for more nap time.

You do know that trying to sound intelligent with your derangement syndrome. Only makes you sound like Jethro when he is ciphering.

Think about getting an upgrade as those 2 brain cells just aren't activating your wonder powers. No matter how much you rub them together.

Captdon
04-16-2019, 12:22 PM

It should be quite amusing as Weld probably has no $#@!s to give about what Trump tweets.

Weld is a nobody from a nothing state. He will be amusing as he squirms at his rallies. All 4 people there will laugh.

pjohns
04-16-2019, 12:53 PM
Donald Trump certainly has his weaknesses--most of them as regarding his temperament and personality--but I surely have no indication that he wishes to be more like William Weld. (The latter is not even a conservative, establishment Republican--but a full-fledged RINO. He is the sort of politician that Democrats and liberals--to the extent that this is not redundant--tell us that Republicans should be more like--even though they would not desert the Democratic Party in the general election, in any case.)

alexa
04-16-2019, 02:22 PM
You do know that trying to sound intelligent with your derangement syndrome. Only makes you sound like Jethro when he is ciphering.

Think about getting an upgrade as those 2 brain cells just aren't activating your wonder powers. No matter how much you rub them together.

Shouldn't you be sculpting Trump out of your own fecal matter?

MisterVeritis
04-16-2019, 02:24 PM
Is that how you guys came up with Barack Hussein O? It would explain why we still know so little about him.

alexa
04-16-2019, 02:27 PM
Donald Trump certainly has his weaknesses--most of them as regarding his temperament and personality--but I surely have no indication that he wishes to be more like William Weld. (The latter is not even a conservative, establishment Republican--but a full-fledged RINO. He is the sort of politician that Democrats and liberals--to the extent that this is not redundant--tell us that Republicans should be more like--even though they would not desert the Democratic Party in the general election, in any case.)

Trump would love to be old money and he never will be.

Weld is old money. It really has nothing to do with his politics. It has everything to do with class.

It's funny how everyone's a rino to you guys- Bush, Weld etc.

MisterVeritis
04-16-2019, 02:33 PM
... It's funny how everyone's a rino to you guys- Bush, Weld etc.
Here are five statist positions of Bill Weld that should give libertarians pause.
Gun controlWeld is a gun-grabber. He supported gun control measures in Massachusetts.
Eminent domainLike Donald Trump, Bill Weld believes in the power of the state to take land for private developers.
Affirmative actionWhen debates swirled around ending many federal affirmative action programs during the 1990s, then-Gov. Weld stood firmly with the statists who wanted to keep them.
Environmental regulationsWeld was a supporter of stricter environmental regulations being promulgated by the EPA. In 1997 (http://archive.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/william%20weld,%20have%20pressed%20the%20epa%20to% 20establish%20stricter%20limits%20on%20smog.html) he joined Republican Gov. Christine Todd Whitman of New Jersey in pushing the EPA to establish “stricter limits on smog.”
In 1994, Weld led his administration in pushing for the EPA to require an electric car mandate.
Complete endorsement of Barack ObamaOnly a statist would have ever endorsed Barack Obama over John McCain, who was hardly an orthodox conservative in 2008. Obama was already known to be a radical leftist in 2008, when Weld endorsed him. There is nothing remotely libertarian about Barack Obama.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/5-statist-positions-make-libertarians-run-candidate-bill-weld/

Republican In Name Only.

pjohns
04-16-2019, 03:33 PM

Weld is old money. It really has nothing to do with his politics. It has everything to do with class.

No, Trump is not "old money."

But just how this might indicate "class," I really have no idea.

In any case, Donald Trump has many times more money than William Weld does. (I will, however, concede that at some point, it really becomes superfluous--although the two million dollars that William Weld is reportedly worth may not quite make it to that point.)

The only additional person you have named is Bush. And it would probably be a good start to know which one you actually mean.

George W. Bush was certainly no RINO, it seems to me. (He was sometimes right, and sometimes wrong, in my opinion--although the former, much more often than the latter.)

On the other hand, George H.W. Bush--the late George H.W. Bush--was a bit more centrist. (I really do not care for the term "moderate" in this context, as it necessarily implies that all to the right of the man are immoderate--which is to say, extremist. But perhaps that is the implication which the left intends.)

I do think that George H.W. Bush was a good man. And, in any case, I certainly would not wish to speak ill of the recently departed.

I just sometimes disagreed with his centrist philosophy.

(For the record, I am not a hard-right type--more of a center-right type--but I do find it heartening that Donald Trump is actually doing some of the things that presidents of both parties simply said that they would do.)

By the way--and I know that this is not directly related to anything that you have said--William Weld endorsed Barack Obama in 2008, over John McCain. And this is hardly the action of a reliable Republican (even though liberals just love this sort of "Republican").

alexa
04-16-2019, 04:08 PM
No, Trump is not "old money."

But just how this might indicate "class," I really have no idea.

In any case, Donald Trump has many times more money than William Weld does. (I will, however, concede that at some point, it really becomes superfluous--although the two million dollars that William Weld is reportedly worth may not quite make it to that point.)

The only additional person you have named is Bush. And it would probably be a good start to know which one you actually mean.

George W. Bush was certainly no RINO, it seems to me. (He was sometimes right, and sometimes wrong, in my opinion--although the former, much more often than the latter.)

On the other hand, George H.W. Bush--the late George H.W. Bush--was a bit more centrist. (I really do not care for the term "moderate" in this context, as it necessarily implies that all to the right of the man are immoderate--which is to say, extremist. But perhaps that is the implication which the left intends.)

I do think that George H.W. Bush was a good man. And, in any case, I certainly would not wish to speak ill of the recently departed.

I just sometimes disagreed with his centrist philosophy.

(For the record, I am not a hard-right type--more of a center-right type--but I do find it heartening that Donald Trump is actually doing some of the things that presidents of both parties simply said that they would do.)

By the way--and I know that this is not directly related to anything that you have said--William Weld endorsed Barack Obama in 2008, over John McCain. And this is hardly the action of a reliable Republican (even though liberals just love this sort of "Republican").
Class as in a member of a class.

I've heard all the rest before.

/shrug

Sergeant Gleed
04-16-2019, 04:20 PM

Yes. Neither the Never Trumpers nor the Rodents can afford to have Trump taking victory laps during primary season.

I guess those fools don't remember how much fun the Americans had with that show.

Sergeant Gleed
04-16-2019, 04:21 PM

It should be quite amusing as Weld probably has no $#@!s to give about what Trump tweets.

Billionaire or President?

Sergeant Gleed
04-16-2019, 04:22 PM
Weld is irrelevant.

Welds are almost always weaker than the parent materual.

Sergeant Gleed
04-16-2019, 04:26 PM

And suddenly the fascists LOVE inherited wealth.

Sergeant Gleed
04-16-2019, 10:02 PM
He'll drop out.

Be more fun watching him getting kicked out, though.

Trump isn't going to be nice to these people. These damn RINOs, who should have been helping him help America, have been supporting the Rodents.

Tahuyaman
04-16-2019, 10:18 PM
I'm still laughing about some idiot saying Weld was a Republican who showed some backbone. He was one of the original neutered Republicans.

MMC
04-17-2019, 06:55 AM

Nah....I'm not a sculptor. I'm a painter. Hence you getting tattooed every time you rub those 2 brain cells together.

MMC
04-17-2019, 07:03 AM

LMAO.....the only class you know about is that classroom wherein you sit in corner with the dunce cap covering over those 2 brain cells you carry. :grin:

countryboy
04-17-2019, 07:19 AM
Just when you thought libs couldn't get any more childish.....

suds00
04-17-2019, 11:48 AM
weld will surprise people

MMC
04-17-2019, 11:54 AM

Possibly Democrats, and only for new material they can use against Trump.

MisterVeritis
04-17-2019, 11:54 AM
If true it will be the dullards who are surprised.

We had our pick of republicans in name only. We rejected them.

MMC
04-17-2019, 11:56 AM

We had our pick of republicans in name only. We rejected them.

http://i0.wp.com/nyoobserver.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/143671223.jpg?quality=80&strip&ssl=1

suds00
04-17-2019, 03:04 PM

We had our pick of republicans in name only. We rejected them.wrongly so

Tahuyaman
04-17-2019, 03:18 PM

No he won’t.

Captdon
04-17-2019, 09:47 PM
Class as in a member of a class.

I've heard all the rest before.

/shrug

Your class is under the outhouse.

Captdon