PDA

View Full Version : Iraq War II Relitigation

Ethereal
04-16-2019, 11:31 PM
Another thread started to drift too much, so I decided to make a new thread here.

I'd hate to tell you this, but there was one perfectly valid reason to invade Iraq.

Make that two:

1) Pincer movement on Iran. Yes, you're ignorant of military strategy, so run along and look it up.

2) By what RIGHT does the tyrannical dictators have to claim the throne they stole is theirs forever and no one else has the right to contest it and take it if they can?

Saddam took that throne by force, did he not?

Yes, he did.

So, then what moral code prevents ANYONE else from taking that throne from him, by force, anytime they desire?

Right.

He existed in his position SOLELY on our sufferance and the sufferance of everyone else. We got tired of him, finally, and removed him, as we had a right to do because he was not a leader duly elected by honest and free elections of the people he ruled over.

He had no right to stay, we had every right to remove him.

You aren't very good at the morality of history, are you?

I'll come back in a bit, gotta take a leak...
Instead of going over this point-by-point, I'll just refer you to the statements of one, Donald Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ThZcq1oJQ

PLENTY more where that came from.

Tahuyaman
04-16-2019, 11:35 PM
The point?

Ethereal
04-16-2019, 11:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=076HJcu-5lc

Trump is obviously "anti-American" for making such statements.

Sergeant Gleed
04-16-2019, 11:58 PM
The point?

He lost the argument because I said I did not care about Iraq and that any nation, at any time, had every right, if they so desired, to use force to overthrow a bloodied dictator like Saddam "Spider Hole" Hussein.

He can refute neither position.

Now he's giving us a picture of Jeb! to laugh at, or something.

Ethereal
04-17-2019, 12:19 AM
He lost the argument because I said I did not care about Iraq and that any nation, at any time, had every right, if they so desired, to use force to overthrow a bloodied dictator like Saddam "Spider Hole" Hussein.

You're defending a war which virtually everyone, including Trump, agrees was a historic disaster for the US. You lost the second the argument began.

I can easily refute them. But I thought it was more poetic to let Trump make my argument for me.

Actually, it's a YouTube video of Trump saying the Iraq war was a disaster. I totally agree with Trump on this one, as do most informed Americans.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2019, 12:20 AM

Dismiss him.

Ethereal
04-17-2019, 12:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NllVMlu0g1Y

Classic!

Tahuyaman
04-17-2019, 01:38 AM
Oh my.

Is anyone surprised by idiots?

Peter1469
04-17-2019, 04:29 AM

Those positions are in opposition to international law. And they are stupid.