PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Social Security won't be able to pay full benefits by 2035

Peter1469
04-23-2019, 06:50 AM
Social Security won't be able to pay full benefits by 2035 (https://www.hulu.com/watch/d68a0198-811f-42e9-b533-32317b4a20b2)

I am not sure why CNN thinks this is breaking news. For the last several years I have gotten my social security benefits letter stating that in 2035 we would see a 25% cut in benefits.

If Congress doesn't act soon, tens of millions of Americans will only receive about three-quarters of their Social Security benefits when they retire.

Social Security's trust funds will be tapped out by 2035, according to an annual report released Monday by trustees of the government's two largest entitlement programs, the other being Medicare. That's one year later than last year's report projected.

The new projection doesn't mean retirees will no longer get checks in 16 years. But the program will at that point only have enough revenue coming in to pay three-quarters of promised benefits through the end of 2093.

Their answer is just to print more money.

The fools. Everyone who fell for the Ponzi Scheme are fools.

DGUtley
04-23-2019, 07:09 AM
Fell for? Peter, we were compelled into this system. Mordor took 12% of my money and kept telling me MAYBE I will get some back. We should outlaw PERS STERS. etc and force government employees onto SS. I bet it would be better ran then.

Personally, I figured I’d never get a nickel and planned accordingly.

FindersKeepers
04-23-2019, 07:09 AM
Social Security won't be able to pay full benefits by 2035 (https://www.hulu.com/watch/d68a0198-811f-42e9-b533-32317b4a20b2)

I am not sure why CNN thinks this is breaking news. For the last several years I have gotten my social security benefits letter stating that in 2035 we would see a 25% cut in benefits.

Yes, it's old news. They're probably trying to find a way to blame Trump for it.

Tahuyaman
04-23-2019, 10:49 AM

When I was a young kid, my mother used to tell me that I needed to find a good career and learn how to invest for my future as the social security system is not sufficient to support your retirement and at some point in the future it will cease to exist. I don't want to tell you how long ago that was, because I'd be dating myself.

Tahuyaman
04-23-2019, 10:50 AM
Yes, it's old news. They're probably trying to find a way to blame Trump for it.

I'm certain that they can find a way to claim that Trump is speeding up the collapse.

MisterVeritis
04-23-2019, 10:52 AM
Fell for? Peter, we were compelled into this system. Mordor took 12% of my money and kept telling me MAYBE I will get some back. We should outlaw PERS STERS. etc and force government employees onto SS. I bet it would be better ran then.

I planned to get about $200K or so.

Peter1469
04-23-2019, 01:58 PM
When I was a young kid, my mother used to tell me that I needed to find a good career and learn how to invest for my future as the social security system is not sufficient to support your retirement and at some point in the future it will cease to exist. I don't want to tell you how long ago that was, because I'd be dating myself.
Smart advice. Those who rely on social security are stupid fools. They deserve misery in their old age.

Tahuyaman
04-23-2019, 02:07 PM
Smart advice. Those who rely on social security are stupid fools. They deserve misery in their old age.
The number of people who are relying only on social security for their retirement is in decline.

Dr. Who
04-23-2019, 08:26 PM

If they separated SSI from Social Security and stopped pilfering the money, there would be no problem.

MisterVeritis
04-23-2019, 08:56 PM
If they separated SSI from Social Security and stopped pilfering the money, there would be no problem.
The thieves have been thievin' for a very long time.

nathanbforrest45
04-23-2019, 09:04 PM
The thieves have been theivin' for a very long time.

Security Security pays money to people who have not paid a dime into the system. That is why its going broke.

MisterVeritis
04-23-2019, 09:06 PM
Security Security pays money to people who have not paid a dime into the system. That is why its going broke.
It is broken for many reasons. First among them was its design.

Dr. Who
04-23-2019, 09:06 PM
The thieves have been theivin' for a very long time.

A) SSI has no business being funded by SS unless the SSI recipient has worked and contributed for the qualifying number of years.
B) SS is funded by workers - it is not tax money, so pilfering it is pension fund fraud and the government should be prosecuted and sued for touching any of that money for anything other than pension benefits.

MisterVeritis
04-23-2019, 09:08 PM
A) SSI has no business being funded by SS unless the SSI recipient has worked and contributed for the qualifying number of years.
B) SS is funded by workers - it is not tax money, so pilfering it is pension fund fraud and the government should be prosecuted for touching any of that money for anything other than pension benefits.
Stealing wealth is what governments do.

We could limit the government. We have a reasonably good, but unused Constitution we might draw upon.

Mister D
04-23-2019, 09:41 PM
And this whole time I thought low wage earning Mexicans had already saved the system

Luther
04-24-2019, 04:32 AM
And this whole time I thought low wage earning Mexicans had already saved the system

Excellent point

Common
04-24-2019, 04:49 AM

Peter 3 times in my lifetime theyve said the same thing were over 40 yrs past the first time they said it.

There are two programs that should always continue and be salvaged Social Security and Medicare because they are mostly people that worked all their lives.

There has to be a reward to work in low paying jobs with no benefits or pensions or NO one will and just stay on the dole instead of work.

There are MILLIONS of people who work who dont earn enough to save a FORTUNE for when they are retired and to have health care. Its just not possible, and if theres no social security or medicare society will pay through the nose anyway. At least they contribute to SS and Medicare. Other programs is all on us.

Luther
04-24-2019, 05:10 AM
And of course our vain politicians will only increase more legal immigration as well as raising the eligibility age yet again to counter

Shame on them and shame on the American people for this

MisterVeritis
04-24-2019, 10:26 AM
Peter 3 times in my lifetime theyve said the same thing were over 40 yrs past the first time they said it.

There are two programs that should always continue and be salvaged Social Security and Medicare because they are mostly people that worked all their lives.

There has to be a reward to work in low paying jobs with no benefits or pensions or NO one will and just stay on the dole instead of work.

There are MILLIONS of people who work who dont earn enough to save a FORTUNE for when they are retired and to have health care. Its just not possible, and if theres no social security or medicare society will pay through the nose anyway. At least they contribute to SS and Medicare. Other programs is all on us.
Both programs are unconstitutional. They are the antithesis of limited government. They are a means to entrap and enslave you. The politicians have succeeded.

Ethereal
04-24-2019, 10:34 AM
Both programs are unconstitutional. They are the antithesis of limited government. They are a means to entrap and enslave you. The politicians have succeeded.

The constitution was destroyed a long time ago. It's now unfixable because it was flawed from the beginning. Many of the founders warned that this would happen. As always, we should have listened.

Ethereal
04-24-2019, 10:35 AM
Clearly, they have not saved anything. But their labor does contribute significantly to the US economy.

MisterVeritis
04-24-2019, 10:40 AM
The constitution was destroyed a long time ago. It's now unfixable because it was flawed from the beginning. Many of the founders warned that this would happen. As always, we should have listened.
Two things.

First, the Constitution is not unfixable. We can amend it to take into consideration that the people and the politicians are corrupt.

Second, nothing ever created by people is perfect.

MisterVeritis
04-24-2019, 10:42 AM
Clearly, they have not saved anything. But their labor does contribute significantly to the US economy.
And welfare programs transfer wealth from those who created it to those who did not. Their presence burdons communities. My taxes were raised to pay to educate people I do not want here. That is unfair to me, a taxpaying citizen.

Tahuyaman
04-24-2019, 10:49 AM

If all of them were working above board....

Mister D
04-24-2019, 11:11 AM
They also cost us through social services and education in particular. CA's demographic changes and seemingly perpetual budget crisis are not coincidental.

Mister D
04-24-2019, 11:12 AM
If all of them were working above board....
It doesn't matter where anyone making $10 an hour is working. It's not going to have any effect on the sustainability of SS.

Ethereal
04-24-2019, 11:14 AM
Two things.

First, the Constitution is not unfixable. We can amend it to take into consideration that the people and the politicians are corrupt.

Second, nothing ever created by people is perfect.
There is no "we". There never was. And that's why it's unfixable.

Ethereal
04-24-2019, 11:15 AM
And welfare programs transfer wealth from those who created it to those who did not. Their presence burdons communities. My taxes were raised to pay to educate people I do not want here. That is unfair to me, a taxpaying citizen.
I agree. That's unfair. Let's put an end to it. Still, their labor does contribute to the US economy.

MisterVeritis
04-24-2019, 11:15 AM
There is no "we". There never was. And that's why it's unfixable.
We disagree.

Ethereal
04-24-2019, 11:17 AM
They also cost us through social services and education in particular. CA's demographic changes and seemingly perpetual budget crisis are not coincidental.

It's true. There are costs. But there are also benefits. We should try to minimize the costs and maximize the benefits.

Ethereal
04-24-2019, 11:19 AM
We disagree.

But only one of us will be proven right.

MisterVeritis
04-24-2019, 11:22 AM
But only one of us will be proven right.
How would that happen?

Let's say we do have an article V convention of states and the liberty amendments are passed and ratified. The Republic will be safe for another hundred or so years. Does that mean I am right?

Let's say we do not pass the liberty amendments and we move into the civil war phase. Does that mean you are right?

Tahuyaman
04-24-2019, 11:29 AM
It doesn't matter where anyone making $10 an hour is working. It's not going to have any effect on the sustainability of SS.

Of course it would. If we were back to a time where there were 15 or more people paying into the system for every beneficiary, it would make a tremendous difference.

Mister D
04-24-2019, 11:55 AM
Of course it would. If we were back to a time where there were 15 or more people paying into the system for every beneficiary, it would make a tremendous difference.
We're not going back to such a time without more than doubling our population. Should we import another 200 million Latin Americans? Sounds great. Are you shooting up at your local Starbucks?

Orion Rules
04-24-2019, 12:07 PM
We're not going back to such a time without more than doubling our population. Should we import another 200 million Latin Americans? Sounds great. Are you shooting up at your local Starbucks?

Yes, send them all to Texas royalty company, it has not seen anything yet, but the floods.

Tahuyaman
04-24-2019, 12:17 PM

we could be there now if everyone employed was paying into the system. Millions of government employees at all levels are exempt. Then add in those are here illegally and working.

Social Security was destroyed years ago and there are more options today than there were when Social Security was created. Social Security should be eliminated.

Mister D
04-24-2019, 12:30 PM
we could be there now if everyone employed was paying into the system. Millions of government employees at all levels are exempt. Then add in those are here illegally and working.

Social Security was destroyed years ago and there are more options today than there were when Social Security was created. Social Security should be eliminated.
No, we wouldn't. Not even close.

Whether Social Security was destroyed years ago, yesterday or last week is irrelevant. Low wage earners from Latin America are not going to save it or even significantly impact its sustainability.

Tahuyaman
04-24-2019, 12:41 PM
No, we wouldn't. Not even close.

Whether Social Security was destroyed years ago, yesterday or last week is irrelevant. Low wage earners from Latin America are not going to save it or even significantly impact its sustainability.

The system could be saved, but there are too many people like you who refuse to recognize and take the steps necessary to do so. I'm not sure why that is.

Peter1469
04-24-2019, 03:06 PM
Yes there would. There are too few workers to retirees. SS is a Ponzi Scheme.

Peter1469
04-24-2019, 03:08 PM

What are they going to do? The system is broke.

Tahuyaman
04-24-2019, 03:25 PM

Social security payees vs beneficiaries, that's the key. But yes, that does make it a ponzi scheme. Using today's payees to pay current beneficiaries.

There was was a time when there were dozens of payees for every beneficiary. We are creeping to that ratio being one for one.

Dr. Who
04-24-2019, 04:52 PM
The last time I checked there wasn't a declining population growth. Legal Immigrants are coming in and paying into SS as will the children they have.

Peter1469
04-24-2019, 08:37 PM
The last time I checked there wasn't a declining population growth. Legal Immigrants are coming in and paying into SS as will the children they have.

Whoever told you that was lying to you. (https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v70n3/v70n3p111.html)

The concepts of solvency, sustainability, and budget impact are common in discussions of Social Security, but are not well understood. Currently, the Social Security Board of Trustees projects program cost to rise by 2035 so that taxes will be enough to pay for only 75 percent of scheduled benefits. This increase in cost results from population aging, not because we are living longer, but because birth rates dropped from three to two children per woman. Importantly, this shortfall is basically stable after 2035; adjustments to taxes or benefits that offset the effects of the lower birth rate may restore solvency for the Social Security program on a sustainable basis for the foreseeable future. Finally, as Treasury debt securities (trust fund assets) are redeemed in the future, they will just be replaced with public debt. If trust fund assets are exhausted without reform, benefits will necessarily be lowered with no effect on budget deficits.
The author is the Chief Actuary of the Social Security Administration.

Acknowledgments: This article is possible only as a result of the consistent efforts of the Social Security Board of Trustees and their staffs in producing a highly professional and informative report each year. Particular appreciation is extended to Karen Glenn of the Office of the Chief Actuary for her invaluable review and editing of the article. In addition, Michael Leonesio, David Weaver, and Jason Fichtner of the Office of Retirement and Disability Policy provided critical and constructive comments on the draft that contributed substantially to the end product.

The findings and conclusions presented in the Bulletin are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Social Security Administration.

Dr. Who
04-24-2019, 09:01 PM
Whoever told you that was lying to you. (https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v70n3/v70n3p111.html)
I understand that the boomers are basically retiring en masse. However an increase in legal immigration could offset that deficit sooner than 2035.

MisterVeritis
04-24-2019, 09:04 PM
I understand that the boomers are basically retiring en masse. However an increase in legal immigration could offset that deficit sooner than 2035.
We do not need more people who will go on welfare.

Tahuyaman
04-24-2019, 09:05 PM

How is illegal immigration helping?

Dr. Who
04-24-2019, 09:28 PM
We do not need more people who will go on welfare.
If you bring people in to fill the jobs that are going begging, then they won't be on welfare.

Dr. Who
04-24-2019, 09:28 PM
How is illegal immigration helping?
I said legal immigration. What does one have to do with the other?

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 03:57 AM
If you bring people in to fill the jobs that are going begging, then they won't be on welfare.
That is not the immigration system the Democrats set up. About half the people go on welfare. But they vote Democrat. And they tend to turn the nation hard left.

Common
04-25-2019, 04:12 AM
lol, doc illegal immigrants not only shouldnt be in social security, they should NOT be in the country and theres a handful paying social security most of them work under the table because thats where employers recognize their biggest labor savings. Illegal immigrants are saving NOTHING for americans they are sucking us dry, just their incarceration costs are HUGE

Luther
04-25-2019, 04:43 AM

But their labor does contribute significantly to the US economy

And the Billions upon Billions of Remittance are leaving our economy to their country of origin also right?

We won't even get into the % of them on some sort of welfare...

Keep the faith

Luther
04-25-2019, 04:52 AM

Many of the founders warned that this would happen.

BS

We've come about 230 years or so from our founding and we've become the greatest country on earth (Although changing for the worst because of selfish people)

The Articles of confederation only lasted around 10 years(LOL)

You missed the point that Our Founders knew our system of Gov relied on a "virtuous" citizenry and not a selfish one

Luther
04-25-2019, 05:05 AM

However an increase in legal immigration could offset that deficit sooner than 2035.

Could: Possibility (No guarantee)

You're falling for it. Increasing more already out of control legal immigration is only more Rome failure syndrome. In other words, it only opens up more can's of worms

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 10:48 AM
BS

We've come about 230 years or so from our founding and we've become the greatest country on earth (Although changing for the worst because of selfish people)

The Articles of confederation only lasted around 10 years(LOL)

You missed the point that Our Founders knew our system of Gov relied on a "virtuous" citizenry and not a selfish one
Who is selfish, Bo?

Explain who the selfish are in your messages.

nathanbforrest45
04-25-2019, 11:05 AM
Who is selfish, Bo?

Explain who the selfish are in your messages.

That's easy, Mr. V. The selfish ones are those who want the rest of us to pay for their lives. Those that believe the government's only purpose is to insure them a rich and fulfilling life.

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 11:23 AM
That's easy, Mr. V. The selfish ones are those who want the rest of us to pay for their lives. Those that believe the government's only purpose is to insure them a rich and fulfilling life.
You and I agree. I knew we would.

I want to know what Bo believes. I know he calls himself by another name here this time around. I believe he is the same radical leftist concealing himself as best he can.

Captdon
04-25-2019, 04:56 PM
I'm certain that they can find a way to claim that Trump is speeding up the collapse.

The truth is that his economy will slow it down.

Captdon
04-25-2019, 05:04 PM

There is going to be a run on dog food.

Captdon
04-25-2019, 05:11 PM

I doubt that SSI is breaking the bank. It's us living too long.

Captdon
04-25-2019, 05:17 PM

The workers who don't pay in don't draw either. Your math doesn't work.

Captdon
04-25-2019, 05:20 PM

What makes you think we are retiring en masse? We were born from 1945-1964. How could we retire en masse?

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 05:23 PM
The workers who don't pay in don't draw either. Your math doesn't work.
My math does work. Right now the ratio is getting closer to 1 to 1. That means it’s unsustainable. People paying into the system aren’t generally beneficiaries. If Social Security is to survive, we need many more payees than we have now. Future retirees are paying for current retirees.

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 05:24 PM
My math does work. Right now the ratio is getting closer to 1 to 1. People paying into the system aren’t beneficiaries. If Social Security is to survive, we need many more payees than we have now.
It is unconstitutional and it is failing. Retire it. Return to the Constitution.

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 05:30 PM
What makes you think we are retiring en masse? We were born from 1945-1964. How could we retire en masse?
Baby boomers are flooding the system. This isn’t arguable.

Common
04-25-2019, 05:32 PM
I bet the ones that complain about SS the most are accepting the check every month.

If you dont have social security the govt will have to pay for millions of older americans anyway

Dr. Who
04-25-2019, 05:33 PM
lol, doc illegal immigrants not only shouldnt be in social security, they should NOT be in the country and theres a handful paying social security most of them work under the table because thats where employers recognize their biggest labor savings. Illegal immigrants are saving NOTHING for americans they are sucking us dry, just their incarceration costs are HUGE
I was talking about legal immigration, not illegal immigration.

Dr. Who
04-25-2019, 05:35 PM
Could: Possibility (No guarantee)

You're falling for it. Increasing more already out of control legal immigration is only more Rome failure syndrome. In other words, it only opens up more can's of worms
Why would you say that legal immigration is out of control?

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 05:35 PM
It is unconstitutional and it is failing. Retire it. Return to the Constitution.
That's a different issue.

Common
04-25-2019, 05:36 PM
Why would you say that legal immigration is out of control?
OMG come on doc its more than out of controls its totally INSANE and everyone knows it.

Dr. Who
04-25-2019, 06:21 PM
OMG come on doc its more than out of controls its totally INSANE and everyone knows it.
Legal immigration i.e. where you apply from a foreign country and wait for years to be accepted or denied?

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 08:07 PM
Legal immigration i.e. where you apply from a foreign country and wait for years to be accepted or denied?
That’s not how it works. People come in on a visa which expires before they can complete the process.

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 08:11 PM
I bet the ones that complain about SS the most are accepting the check every month.

What specifically do you think they’re complaining about?

Dr. Who
04-25-2019, 08:20 PM
That’s not how it works. People come in on a visa which expires before they can complete the process.
Some do, many don't.

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 08:22 PM
Some do, many don't.
Nearly all do. They enter on a visa, apply and the visa expires and they overstay.

Dr. Who
04-25-2019, 08:37 PM
Nearly all do. They enter on a visa, apply and the visa expires and they overstay.
You really believe that.

Here you go: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/WaitingList/WaitingListItem_2018.pdf

Captdon
04-25-2019, 09:23 PM
My math does work. Right now the ratio is getting closer to 1 to 1. That means it’s unsustainable. People paying into the system aren’t generally beneficiaries. If Social Security is to survive, we need many more payees than we have now. Future retirees are paying for current retirees.

More payees means more payout.

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 09:40 PM
More payees means more payout.
You need to keep a steady supply of payees. That’s how Ponzi schemes work.

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 09:44 PM
You really believe that.

Here you go: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/WaitingList/WaitingListItem_2018.pdf
A majority of illegals entered the country legally and overstayed their visa.

Dr. Who
04-25-2019, 10:00 PM

I was talking about legal immigrants.

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 10:41 PM
I was talking about legal immigrants.
They started out as legals.

Abby08
04-25-2019, 11:06 PM

We could stop issueing visas. Do we really need more people here, legal or, otherwise?

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 11:32 PM
We could stop issueing visas. Do we really need more people here, legal or, otherwise?
We should place a pause on immigration like we’ve done in the past.

zachroidott
04-25-2019, 11:42 PM
Certain industry sectors think we do, specifically, from the sub-continent and other parts of Asia. They have lobbying power.

Captdon
04-27-2019, 10:59 AM
Baby boomers are flooding the system. This isn’t arguable.

No one said we weren't. It's not en masse.

Captdon
04-27-2019, 11:01 AM

If you dont have social security the govt will have to pay for millions of older americans anyway

Some of them would just kill every one of us.

Captdon
04-27-2019, 11:02 AM
What specifically do you think they’re complaining about?

That it should be terminated.

Captdon
04-27-2019, 11:08 AM

A guest worker system wouldn't apply to that. No doctor is coming in and then go into hiding. We are soon going to have a shortage of doctors if we don't already. We do have a shortage in rural areas. Of course, they are the dregs and deplorables so, maybe, we can cur Social Security that way.

The student visas are a problem and need ended or better controlled.

montgomery
04-27-2019, 12:09 PM
A guest worker system wouldn't apply to that. No doctor is coming in and then go into hiding. We are soon going to have a shortage of doctors if we don't already. We do have a shortage in rural areas. Of course, they are the dregs and deplorables so, maybe, we can cur Social Security that way.

The student visas are a problem and need ended or better controlled.

It's always easy to agree with people like you who understand that your country is a complete mess and approaching total breakdown of the system. You can't open your mouths without betraying the truth.

But most of you continue to reject the ideas of the way up and out of it.

A hint: The problems are not being caused by immigrants, legal or illegal. If anything, immigrants are an asset that can be employed to help fix the mess. But you won't understand any of that will you skipper!

Tahuyaman
04-27-2019, 12:40 PM
No one said we weren't. It's not en masse.

It is. It’s en masse enough to break the system completely.

montgomery
04-27-2019, 12:49 PM

the rest of the world are pretty sure that Trump's ignorant racist stance is going to break America completely sweet cheeks!

Can America ever come completely back to reverse all of the horrible effects of the Trump regime? Other countries aren't going to forgive and forget quite as easily as Americans are thinking!

Take nothing off the table to stop this evil and insane man!

Captdon
04-27-2019, 12:52 PM

We can charge on a higher income.

We can raise the rate.

There's two thing we can do if the government chooses.

Captdon
04-27-2019, 12:54 PM
It's always easy to agree with people like you who understand that your country is a complete mess and approaching total breakdown of the system. You can't open your mouths without betraying the truth.

But most of you continue to reject the ideas of the way up and out of it.

A hint: The problems are not being caused by immigrants, legal or illegal. If anything, immigrants are an asset that can be employed to help fix the mess. But you won't understand any of that will you skipper!

Why don't you just fuck off.

Captdon
04-27-2019, 12:57 PM

Look up en masse. Then use it in a sentence,

Example: Boomers are not retiring en masse.

montgomery
04-27-2019, 01:02 PM
Why don't you just $#@! off.

Just when you're starting to take the message to heart, which makes you uncomfortable?

Best try to ignore it skipper.

Tahuyaman
04-27-2019, 01:28 PM
Look up en masse. Then use it in a sentence,

Example: Boomers are not retiring en masse.
The boomers are retiring in numbers which are crashing the system. Quit arguing a losing position.

Tahuyaman
04-27-2019, 01:35 PM
the rest of the world are pretty sure that Trump's ignorant racist stance is going to break America completely sweet cheeks!

Can America ever come completely back to reverse all of the horrible effects of the Trump regime? Other countries aren't going to forgive and forget quite as easily as Americans are thinking!

Take nothing off the table to stop this evil and insane man!

That was a comply ignorant off topic rant. I’m not sure why you thought that was going to be received as a serious comment?

montgomery
04-27-2019, 01:46 PM
That was a comply ignorant off topic rant. I’m not sure why you thought that was going to be received as a serious comment?

The American way is going to crash the system sweet cheeks, just in case you are trying to start a discussion with me. Trump pushes to enrich the very wealthy and build on the income inequality and that's the exact wrong direction for your country's survival.

America is still a hugely rich country and there's no reason in the world for SS to fail. Why are you hard rightists failing to understand that?

This is all about your much needed change to 'socially responsible capitalism' honey. That's how it works in all the other hugely successful capitalist countries in the world. All you'alls need to do is begin to understand that they are all hooked on capitalism and will never turn to something that resembles socialism or communism.

But you can't do that yet! You're going to need to do it soon though because Trump is edging closer to making it impossible.

edit: Can we talk about health care together some time?

Tahuyaman
04-27-2019, 01:50 PM
Oh my.

Social security isn’t going to crash because income tax rates are cut allowing people to keep more of their earnings.

montgomery
04-27-2019, 01:57 PM
Oh my.

Social security isn’t going to crash because income tax rates are cut allowing people to keep more of their earnings.

If you can't be serious then I'm not going to waste any more time on you. I was just trying to be polite with you but I should have known that you're a one-trick-pony who's stuck on the oneliner spamming.

Shouldn't you have tried to use the troll accusation against me by now?

Tahuyaman
04-27-2019, 02:01 PM
If you can't be serious then I'm not going to waste any more time on you. I was just trying to be polite with you but I should have known that you're a one-trick-pony who's stuck on the oneliner spamming.

Shouldn't you have tried to use the troll accusation against me by now?

What about my comment was rude or considered trolling?

montgomery
04-27-2019, 02:13 PM
What about my comment was rude or considered trolling?

No, no, I didn't accuse you of trolling. I meant that you haven't resorted to accusing me of trolling yet, but you probably will.

You did say something worth considering a few posts back. That is, when you got on about the 1/1 ratio. This could lead us into a discussion on the fact that employement opportunities are declining and it's just simply a fact that industry, agriculture, and commerce in general is at the point which there is a demand of sharing the wealth that automation has brought. Or in simple terms, paying people to sit around on their fat as-es.

But you hard righties can't fathom that concept and can't wrap your minds around finding solutions for the growing problem. Although you at least are trying to relate to the 1/1 issue!

Rather, you prefer to harp on like an empty bottle on the evils of liberals and liberalism.

So do you have something rational to say or do we just sign off now with each other?

Tahuyaman
04-27-2019, 02:32 PM
No, no, I didn't accuse you of trolling. I meant that you haven't resorted to accusing me of trolling yet, but you probably will.

You did say something worth considering a few posts back. That is, when you got on about the 1/1 ratio. This could lead us into a discussion on the fact that employement opportunities are declining and it's just simply a fact that industry, agriculture, and commerce in general is at the point which there is a demand of sharing the wealth that automation has brought. Or in simple terms, paying people to sit around on their fat as-es.

But you hard righties can't fathom that concept and can't wrap your minds around finding solutions for the growing problem. Although you at least are trying to relate to the 1/1 issue!

Rather, you prefer to harp on like an empty bottle on the evils of liberals and liberalism.

So do you have something rational to say or do we just sign off now with each other?
Employment opportunities are declining? They certainly are not declining in the US.

montgomery
04-27-2019, 06:05 PM
Employment opportunities are declining? They certainly are not declining in the US.

You silly little thing. Have you no concept at all of how employment is now measured in accordance with how many people are working two or three part time jobs that pay about 7 bucks an hour or less?

And America is the greatest country in the world?? Dohhhhhhhh!

montgomery
04-27-2019, 06:08 PM

You silly little thing. Have you no concept at all of how employment is now measured in accordance with how many people are working two or three part time jobs that pay about 7 bucks an hour or less?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/duncanmadden/2018/03/27/ranked-the-10-happiest-countries-in-the-world-in-2018/#1e0c877c73e9

Your shit hole country doesn't even come close to making the cut sweet cheeks. Why do you conservatives take so much pleasure out of your own pain?

Tahuyaman
04-27-2019, 06:44 PM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/duncanmadden/2018/03/27/ranked-the-10-happiest-countries-in-the-world-in-2018/#1e0c877c73e9

Your $#@! hole country doesn't even come close to making the cut sweet cheeks. Why do you conservatives take so much pleasure out of your own pain?
Are you just trolling trying to bait people into insulting you so you can report them?

montgomery
04-27-2019, 06:52 PM
Are you just trolling trying to bait people into insulting you so you can report them?

Now comes the troll accusations. What took you so long? I don't report anybody. I just get in some shots at you cons and some points worth bringing up for a short time until I get banned for the trolling excuse.

You truly are an empty bottle sweet cheeks. You and the skipper should get out and play in the traffic more.

Tahuyaman
04-27-2019, 06:58 PM
Now comes the troll accusations. What took you so long? I don't report anybody. I just get in some shots at you cons and some points worth bringing up for a short time until I get banned for the trolling excuse.

You truly are an empty bottle sweet cheeks. You and the skipper should get out and play in the traffic more.

I’m sorry. I mistook you for a serious member for a very short time.

montgomery
04-27-2019, 07:04 PM
I’m sorry. I mistook you for a serious member for a very short time.

I never mistook you for anything but daddy's lonesome and frustrated little fatty.

Tahuyaman
04-27-2019, 07:23 PM
I never mistook you for anything but daddy's lonesome and frustrated little fatty.
What? Do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

gamewell45
04-27-2019, 07:33 PM
Captdon has been thread banned for violation of rule no. 1 & 5

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/108444?p=2589176#post2589176

DGUtley
04-27-2019, 08:07 PM

WARNING montgomery, please refrain from name-calling and insults.

zachroidott
04-28-2019, 03:49 AM
Some of them would just kill every one of us.
Fuck yeah, they would. Can’t imagine why. Keep talking about climate change and th righteous brothers.

montgomery
04-28-2019, 11:16 AM
And so to wind up this thread by going back on topic: Yes, unless the American people finally break free of the establishment that is holding the people back from equal prosperity to the world's happiest countries, the people will indeed be left with no social apparatus of any sort, and will consequently begin dying in the streets as is the norm for third world countries.

Trump and the rabid extreme right are all for throwing all social platforms and social responsibilities out the window. The rabid right profess that ideology quite openly. We hear them screaming it loud and clear.

Will they even attempt to deny it?

Peter1469
04-28-2019, 02:14 PM
And so to wind up this thread by going back on topic: Yes, unless the American people finally break free of the establishment that is holding the people back from equal prosperity to the world's happiest countries, the people will indeed be left with no social apparatus of any sort, and will consequently begin dying in the streets as is the norm for third world countries.

Trump and the rabid extreme right are all for throwing all social platforms and social responsibilities out the window. The rabid right profess that ideology quite openly. We hear them screaming it loud and clear.

Will they even attempt to deny it?
Trump is center left.

NapRover
04-28-2019, 02:19 PM
I don't get how many think that Trump et al are "trying to cut SS and Medicare". I mean if they do nothing, both of the above will simply run out of money without any help from et al.

montgomery
04-28-2019, 02:43 PM
I don't get how many think that Trump et al are "trying to cut SS and Medicare". I mean if they do nothing, both of the above will simply run out of money without any help from et al.

A revealing comment inasmuch you show that you know in your heart that Trump is taking America down and down and to the dogs, but your comment denies he's behind the effort.

I can tell you honestly American, to the eyes of the rest of the world's democracies, this is very frightening. This is a time and an instance where comparisongs need to be made with Nazi Germany in the 1930's.

nathanbforrest45
04-28-2019, 02:56 PM
I wonder what he has been smoking?

montgomery
04-28-2019, 03:00 PM
I wonder what he has been smoking?

Who? Trump or me? If you are going to try some personal insults against me then don't be a coward about it.

Or on second thought, are you going to say you meant Trump? Either way, we'll accomplish something together here and now!

Choose Trump and I'll happily agree that he's smoking someting. Choose to insult me and next time you get reported.

Peter1469
04-28-2019, 03:32 PM
For the last several years, my annual SS statement said I should expect at least a 25% cut by 2035.

Peter1469
04-28-2019, 03:34 PM
A revealing comment inasmuch you show that you know in your heart that Trump is taking America down and down and to the dogs, but your comment denies he's behind the effort.

I can tell you honestly American, to the eyes of the rest of the world's democracies, this is very frightening. This is a time and an instance where comparisongs need to be made with Nazi Germany in the 1930's.
Why go off into TDS land when this thready is about Social Security?

No sane person could compare current day US of A with 1930'a Nazi Germany. The nice people with the white straitjackets will be coming if you keep it up.

DGUtley
04-28-2019, 03:55 PM

Trump has done nothing you suggest., other than talking about protecting our borders, forcing more balance in out trade treaties and trying to hold China told the law.

When you compare the USA to NAZI Germany, you really lose people and demonstrate that you know nothing about what is going on in this country.

nathanbforrest45
04-28-2019, 04:25 PM
Interesting statistics about unhappy poverty stricken Americans
The unemployment rates in various happy, affluent European countries are
England 4.7%
France 8.8%
Spain 13.8%
Sweden 6.2%
Germany 3.1%
Norway 3.9%
United States 4.0%

Yes yes, we are a poverty stricken nation alright. As far as being happy is concerned if you discount the leftwing Democrats and the perpetual victim class I believe you will find this is the happiest country on the planet.

nathanbforrest45
04-28-2019, 04:27 PM
Who? Trump or me? If you are going to try some personal insults against me then don't be a coward about it.

Or on second thought, are you going to say you meant Trump? Either way, we'll accomplish something together here and now!

Choose Trump and I'll happily agree that he's smoking someting. Choose to insult me and next time you get reported.

I wouldn't dream of insulting you. You are not actually worth the effort. You don't really know Sh!t from Shinola about the United States and as far as I am concerned you are nothing more than a troll and a shill for the Communist Party.

nathanbforrest45
04-28-2019, 04:53 PM
The average family income for the above countries are

England: $36696.49
France: $31137.00
Germany: $33652.00
Spain: $23129.00
Norway: $35739.00
Sweden: $30553.00
United States: $56516.00

Add to this the average federal tax bite ranges from 25% down to 13%, with Germany at the top and the United States at the bottom

Horrible Horrible country we live in.

montgomery
04-28-2019, 06:08 PM
Trump has done nothing you suggest., other than talking about protecting our borders, forcing more balance in out trade treaties and trying to hold China told the law.

Nothing Trump is doing is at all rational or even the least bit morally acceptable in the eyes of the rest of the world Gutley. We are miles apart on that and we'll never come to see eye to eye on it.

When you compare the USA to NAZI Germany, you really lose people and demonstrate that you know nothing about what is going on in this country.

There are few times in history when any country could be equated to Hitler's rise in the 30's, but America under Trump has broken the mold. The similarities are standing out as no others have since the end of WW2. And I will also say that it's a continuation of the US track record since WW2, with it's close to 40 wars of aggression against small countries with huge resources the US intends to consolidiate onto it's ledger.

Glad for the discussion Gatley. You've shown you're more than just a spammer and a troll. My efforts are starting to pay off on this board. Continue on the high road Gatley!

montgomery
04-28-2019, 06:15 PM
The average family income for the above countries are

England: $36696.49
France: $31137.00
Germany: $33652.00
Spain: $23129.00
Norway: $35739.00
Sweden: $30553.00
United States: $56516.00

Add to this the average federal tax bite ranges from 25% down to 13%, with Germany at the top and the United States at the bottom

Horrible Horrible country we live in.

Good response! Or at least it is for the standard being set on this forum.

But sadly, on a more elevated and more intelligent forum, the question is going to be quickly asked on how that translates into weighted average. And that's likely when it gets above the average American's head.

Stay with me on this now! I'm going to hint at the fact that income inequality is so much greater in the US that it skews your statistics to becoming meaningless. And so, we must once again look to the happiest countries in the world for the answers.

A hint: Far too many multi-billionaires make far too many people dying of starvation, etc. Or living life in the richest country in the world without affordable health care.

Something the rest of the civilized world takes as a given in this 21st. century.

nathanbforrest45
04-28-2019, 06:20 PM
If there is anything I can't stand more than tailgaters on the highway it arrogant little twits who think they know all the answers and insult everyone who may disagree with them.

Common
04-29-2019, 03:00 AM
[QUOTE=DGUtley;2590090]Trump has done nothing you suggest., other than talking about protecting our borders, forcing more balance in out trade treaties and trying to hold China told the law.

Nothing Trump is doing is at all rational or even the least bit morally acceptable in the eyes of the rest of the world Gutley. We are miles apart on that and we'll never come to see eye to eye on it.

There are few times in history when any country could be equated to Hitler's rise in the 30's, but America under Trump has broken the mold. The similarities are standing out as no others have since the end of WW2. And I will also say that it's a continuation of the US track record since WW2, with it's close to 40 wars of aggression against small countries with huge resources the US intends to consolidiate onto it's ledger.

Glad for the discussion Gatley. You've shown you're more than just a spammer and a troll. My efforts are starting to pay off on this board. Continue on the high road Gatley!
You have recieved a 24hr infraction for continuous name calling

NapRover
04-29-2019, 08:18 AM
A revealing comment inasmuch you show that you know in your heart that Trump is taking America down and down and to the dogs, but your comment denies he's behind the effort. I can tell you honestly American, to the eyes of the rest of the world's democracies, this is very frightening. This is a time and an instance where comparisongs need to be made with Nazi Germany in the 1930's.If this is down, I can't wait for it to go up.Wait, you don't actually think Beto can help, do you?

p.s. note to self: don't call DGU any names:-)

nathanbforrest45
04-29-2019, 09:48 AM
If this is down, I can't wait for it to go up.Wait, you don't actually think Beto can help, do you?

p.s. note to self: don't call DGU any names:-)

Excellent advice

nathanbforrest45
04-29-2019, 01:09 PM
Income inequality. 400 households in Germany own 4.7% of the country's wealth. This is out of a population of approximately 83 million. The top 1% hold about 34%, the top 5% hold 50% of the wealth. This is on par with most other industrialized nations including the United States

Tahuyaman
04-29-2019, 01:51 PM
Social Security won't be able to pay full benefits by 2035

Actually this is a phony issue. The social security trust fund was raided and broken back in the 1960's by the LBJ administration. The system has been broke for years. It's basically just a bunch of IOU's now.

There technically is no Social Security trust fund. It's just another entitlement now which is part of the federal budget.

zachroidott
04-30-2019, 08:42 PM
Social Security won't be able to pay full benefits by 2035

Actually this is a phony issue. The social security trust fund was raided and broken back in the 1960's by the LBJ administration. The system has been broke for years. It's basically just a bunch of IOU's now.

There technically is no Social Security trust fund. It's just another entitlement now which is part of the federal budget.

Then how are full benefits being paid now?

Tahuyaman
04-30-2019, 08:46 PM
Then how are full benefits being paid now?

Out of the general budget. There is no longer a Social Security Trust fund. That was raided in the mid to late 60's by LBJ to pay for the war in Vietnam. It was never restored.

The so called Social Security Trust a Fund now is nothing but an accounting device used to tell government how much money is brought into the treasury through the withholdings.