PDA

View Full Version : Can America Ever Find its Way Back From Depravity?

montgomery
04-25-2019, 12:22 PM
Is Trump gaining in popularity? Has the Trump depravity gone too far now for America to break free and come back to normalcy?

Trump now has the totally corrupted Scotus and ignoring subpoenas seems to be a safe stance? America has abandoned the rule of law and as with any fascist takeover in history, there's no peaceful way back to being a Democratic republic.

Opinions please? How can Trump be stopped now? Is the Kennedy method on the table and being discussed as we speak?

The Xl
04-25-2019, 12:32 PM
Your first mistake was assuming their was ever any rule of law when it came to the political elites in the first place.

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 12:35 PM
Is Trump gaining in popularity? Has the Trump depravity gone too far now for America to break free and come back to normalcy?

Trump now has the totally corrupted Scotus and ignoring subpoenas seems to be a safe stance? America has abandoned the rule of law and as with any fascist takeover in history, there's no peaceful way back to being a Democratic republic.

Opinions please? How can Trump be stopped now? Is the Kennedy method on the table and being discussed as we speak?
Relax. In the war between the abnormals (your team) and the Normals (my team) you are still winning.

Yes, President Trump, specifically his winning policies are becoming more popular. They work.

Here is the good news:

Retribution is coming.

Cotton1
04-25-2019, 12:35 PM

Exactly what "Trump depravity" would you be referring to?

montgomery
04-25-2019, 12:37 PM
Your first mistake was assuming their was ever any rule of law when it came to the political elites in the first place.
You've sidestepped the question but it was expected of some of you.

jimmyz
04-25-2019, 12:38 PM
Troll thread hackery

montgomery
04-25-2019, 12:39 PM
Relax. In the war between the abnormals (your team) and the Normals (my team) you are still winning.

Yes, President Trump, specifically his winning policies are becoming more popular. They work.

Here is the good news:

Retribution is coming.

Thank you for your opinion. It counts as one, whereas Xi's doesn't. Maybe he/she will try again.

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 12:39 PM

Are you proposing the the radical leftists, the Abnormals, are plotting to murder a President? I have no doubt your team has been plotting to murder President Trump since the night he won the election. It is what the Left does. It is a continuation of the Left's coup attempt. This is why the Terrible Twenty must be tried and executed. It is why the Dirty Thirty must be exposed, investigated, ruined, bankrupted and imprisoned for life with no chance of parole. It is why the Dreadful Three Hundred must be exposed, fired, ruined, bankrupted, tried, and imprisoned for the rest of their lives.

This is how we stop your team cold, for the next hundred years.

montgomery
04-25-2019, 12:40 PM
Troll thread hackery

This is also expected from those who are afraid to contemplate the truth. You fear the truth.

montgomery
04-25-2019, 12:43 PM
Are you proposing the the radical leftists, the Abnormals, are plotting to murder a President? I have no doubt your team has been plotting to murder President Trump since the night he won the election. It is what the Left does. It is a continuation of the Left's coup attempt. This is why the Terrible Twenty must be tried and executed. It is why the Dirty Thirty must be exposed, investigated, ruined, bankrupted and imprisoned for life with no chance of parole. It is why the Dreadful Three Hundred must be exposed, fired, ruined, bankrupted, tried, and imprisoned for the rest of their lives.

This is how we stop your team cold, for the next hundred years.

I don't think the Kennedy solution has been seriously considered for all that long but I suspect that it is now, due to the defiance of subpoenas. This is a step down the road to fascism that emulates that of 1930's Germany in how quickly it's happening.

Your SCOTUS is in Trump's hands and it's totally and completely corrupt now.

Good contribution to the discussion! You're suggesting the next 100 year Reich, or at least it's equivalent.

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 12:43 PM
This is also expected from those who are afraid to contemplate the truth. You fear the truth.
I admit I laughed.

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 12:44 PM
I don't think the Kennedy solution has been seriously considered for all that long but I suspect that it is now, due to the defiance of subpoenas. This is a step down the road to fascism that emulates that of 1930's Germany in how quickly it's happening.

Good contribution to the discussion!
Are you familiar with the US Constitution? Let's begin there.

Cotton1
04-25-2019, 12:46 PM

What "truth" would that be?

montgomery
04-25-2019, 12:49 PM
Are you familiar with the US Constitution? Let's begin there.

Yes let's. There is likely nothing in your constitution that can stop Trump now. He has the Scotus and is likely to demand a favourable decision on even the most important questions of law. His defiance of subpoenas is the foot in the door that can tell us that your constitution will be unable to stop him. You tell me how? It would be a good contribution to this discussion.

montgomery
04-25-2019, 12:51 PM
I admit I laughed.

You may have laughed but you addressed the point in your next post. Now you can try to tell us how your constitution is able to stop Trump. I'm suggesing it could be too late.

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 12:51 PM
Yes let's. There is likely nothing in your constitution that can stop Trump now. He has the Scotus and is likely to demand a favourable decision on even the most important questions of law. His defiance of subpoenas is the foot in the door that can tell us that your constitution will be unable to stop him. You tell me how? It would be a good contribution to this discussion.
Let's test your understanding of the Constitution. Where in Article I do you find a power to harass the Executive Branch?

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 12:53 PM
You:This is also expected from those who are afraid to contemplate the truth. You fear the truth.

Me: I admit I laughed.

You may have laughed but you addressed the point in your next post. Now you can try to tell us how your constitution is able to stop Trump. I'm suggesing it could be too late.
I laughed at the preposterous idea that you know the truth (about anything).

montgomery
04-25-2019, 12:56 PM
Let's test your understanding of the Constitution. Where in Article I do you find a power to harass the Executive Branch?

Let's just stick to my challenge of you telling us how your constitution can stop Trump. I'm of the opinion it can't and I'm giving you the opportunity to prove it can.

I'm starting by saying that Trump own the Scotus and nothing can stop him now. Am I right?

montgomery
04-25-2019, 12:57 PM
So you're done veritas? Just as quickly and as easily as that?

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 12:58 PM
Where in Article I do you find a power to harass the Executive Branch?

Let's just stick to my challenge of you telling us how your constitution can stop Trump. I'm of the opinion it can't and I'm giving you the opportunity to prove it can.

I'm starting by saying that Trump own the Scotus and nothing can stop him now. Am I right?
Pay attention. I am educating you. You do not understand the very simple to understand US Constitution. That is why you pose your idiotic questions.

montgomery
04-25-2019, 01:05 PM

Pay attention. I am educating you. You do not understand the very simple to understand US Constitution. That is why you pose your idiotic questions.

You're done veritas but at least you're not laughing now and you've turned serious in ignoring the question.

Fwiw, I have no idea what your article 1 is, nor do I care. Your Scotus is more powerful than any article in your constitution. If not then you are being asked to debate the point. And you can't.

But thanks for keeping the thread alive!

The point is, Trump has already demonstrated his lack of any concern for the law. No constitution could have stopped Hitler and none will stop Trump. That's the question being asked by this thread. Can it? And how?

montgomery
04-25-2019, 01:09 PM
What "truth" would that be?

You're more of an empty bottle than veritas.

Peter1469
04-25-2019, 01:10 PM
Does anyone remember when Team Obama ignored subpoenas? Eric Holder?

montgomery
04-25-2019, 01:21 PM

If he did then it would have been the beginning of a departure from democracy. But my guess is that it didn't get far.

You'll never get an argument from me on either political party being not corrupt. I'm consistent on that!

But now you concede the point on Trump's corruption by bringing up the comparison. That's a fair contribution to this thread Peter!

The title of this thread is a question, not a statement of fact. Can you point out how your constitution has the power to stop Trump. Veritas suggests article 1 but can't elaborate.

Peter1469
04-25-2019, 02:06 PM
If he did then it would have been the beginning of a departure from democracy. But my guess is that it didn't get far.

You'll never get an argument from me on either political party being not corrupt. I'm consistent on that!

But now you concede the point on Trump's corruption by bringing up the comparison. That's a fair contribution to this thread Peter!

The title of this thread is a question, not a statement of fact. Can you point out how your constitution has the power to stop Trump. Veritas suggests article 1 but can't elaborate.
Eric Holder Is Defying the Law by Resisting Subpoena (https://www.usnews.com/debate-club/was-the-house-right-to-hold-eric-holder-in-contempt/eric-holder-is-defying-the-law-by-resisting-subpoena)
You should vote like me- third party.

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 02:10 PM
You're done veritas but at least you're not laughing now and you've turned serious in ignoring the question.

Fwiw, I have no idea what your article 1 is, nor do I care. Your Scotus is more powerful than any article in your constitution. If not then you are being asked to debate the point. And you can't.

But thanks for keeping the thread alive!

The point is, Trump has already demonstrated his lack of any concern for the law. No constitution could have stopped Hitler and none will stop Trump. That's the question being asked by this thread. Can it? And how?
You have been measured and found wanting. Have a goofy, but nice day.

Ethereal
04-25-2019, 02:33 PM

Depravity has been the US political norm long before Trump showed up.

Ethereal
04-25-2019, 02:35 PM
You've sidestepped the question but it was expected of some of you.
The question is based on a false premise.

This "depravity" you speak of has been around a lot longer than Trump. It's nothing new.

The problem with the US political system goes much deeper than just one man.

Ethereal
04-25-2019, 02:41 PM

Okay, we can start with the fact that the SCOTUS is the weakest branch of the federal government. All they can do is issue opinions. Whether the other branches and divisions of government - executive, legislative, State & local - actually listen to those opinions is another matter entirely.

Then there is the fact that presidents are subject to regular elections every four years, and that they can only serve a maximum of two terms. So even if Trump wins in 2020, it will be his last term regardless of what else happens.

Lastly, the congress has the power to fund or not fund whatever it wants. It also has the power to repeal or make new laws. There are many constitutional means for obstructing Trump's agenda.

Don29palms
04-25-2019, 02:46 PM

Your delusions are not the truth. How about answering What Trump depravity do you speak of?

Captdon
04-25-2019, 02:58 PM

Good contribution to the discussion! You're suggesting the next 100 year Reich, or at least it's equivalent.

When was the last 100 years Reich?

Captdon
04-25-2019, 03:01 PM

He can only hold the office for 8 years.

Congress can remove him.

Congress can refuse to allow him to spend any money.

Quit knocking your head against the wall. It isn't helping you.

You're good for a laugh but not much else. Thanks for playing.

Mini Me
04-25-2019, 03:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/CMzGtgD.jpg

The Xl
04-25-2019, 03:35 PM
The question is based on a false premise.

This "depravity" you speak of has been around a lot longer than Trump. It's nothing new.

The problem with the US political system goes much deeper than just one man.

Bingo

montgomery
04-25-2019, 03:54 PM
There has been some depravity but not to the degree at which it is now being promoted by Trump. You know that.

Okay, we can start with the fact that the SCOTUS is the weakest branch of the federal government. All they can do is issue opinions. Whether the other branches and divisions of government - executive, legislative, State & local - actually listen to those opinions is another matter entirely.

No, that's obviously not true that the Scotus is limited to issueing opinions and that's not a point worth debating further other than saying that the Scotus can declare any law they choose to be unconstitutional. The US constitution is a worthless document that can be interpreted in dozens of different ways.

Then there is the fact that presidents are subject to regular elections every four years, and that they can only serve a maximum of two terms. So even if Trump wins in 2020, it will be his last term regardless of what else happens.

No, wrong again and there is precedence to prove you wrong. The question being asked here is relevant to this issue in that the US may not be a democracy by the end of Trump's 2nd. term. A major war with China would be one instance.

Lastly, the congress has the power to fund or not fund whatever it wants. It also has the power to repeal or make new laws. There are many constitutional means for obstructing Trump's agenda.[/QUOTE]

The fascist dictatorship which the US is headed for is not the same as a democracy and so you would be wrong here too. It's obvious why if you consider that a fascist dictator has the support of the military and no imagined constitution has the power to interfere..

Stick to answering the question asked by the thread title. You're already over your head.

montgomery
04-25-2019, 03:56 PM
He can only hold the office for 8 years.

Congress can remove him.

Congress can refuse to allow him to spend any money.

Quit knocking your head against the wall. It isn't helping you.

You're good for a laugh but not much else. Thanks for playing.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. See my post #35.

But also consider that many of Trump's followers would likely support a fascist takeover of your government.

montgomery
04-25-2019, 04:01 PM
Bingo

You and veritas are empty bottles making an annoying noise. But at least we're getting some good comments from some others now.

Ethereal
04-25-2019, 04:20 PM
There has been some depravity but not to the degree at which it is now being promoted by Trump. You know that.

No, I don't know that. Judged according to historical standards, Trump is frankly pedestrian.

No, that's obviously not true that the Scotus is limited to issueing opinions and that's not a point worth debating further other than saying that the Scotus can declare any law they choose to be unconstitutional. The US constitution is a worthless document that can be interpreted in dozens of different ways.

Yes, it is true. There is nothing in the constitution that gives the SCOTUS any actual power to enforce its opinions on the other branches or divisions of government. They are obviously the weakest branch of government according to any realistic construction of the law. And I'm not alone in that view. Jefferson was of the same opinion. But I guess you know more about the law than Thomas Jefferson.

No, wrong again and there is precedence to prove you wrong. The question being asked here is relevant to this issue in that the US may not be a democracy by the end of Trump's 2nd. term. A major war with China would be one instance.

I wasn't wrong about anything.

The president undergoes regular elections every four years. And a president cannot serve more than two terms. Those are facts. They cannot be wrong.

Whether or not Trump abides by those laws is pure speculation and another matter entirely.

The fascist dictatorship which the US is headed for is not the same as a democracy and so you would be wrong here too. It's obvious why if you consider that a fascist dictator has the support of the military and no imagined constitution has the power to interfere..

So you believe the US military wants and supports a fascist dictatorship with Trump at its head?

Stick to answering the question asked by the thread title. You're already over your head.

I did answer the questions you asked.

The supreme court is the weakest branch of government, easily ignored or confounded by the others.

The president is subject to regular elections and may serve no more than two terms.

And congress has control over both the creation of law and the appropriation of money.

Those are three aspects of the constitution that serve as a hindrance to Trump's allegedly fascist agenda.

montgomery
04-25-2019, 04:29 PM
No, I don't know that. Judged according to historical standards, Trump is frankly pedestrian.

Yes, it is true. There is nothing in the constitution that gives the SCOTUS any actual power to enforce its opinions on the other branches or divisions of government. They are obviously the weakest branch of government according to any realistic construction of the law. And I'm not alone in that view. Jefferson was of the same opinion. But I guess you know more about the law than Thomas Jefferson.

I wasn't wrong about anything.

The president undergoes regular elections every four years. And a president cannot serve more than two terms. Those are facts. They cannot be wrong.

Whether or not Trump abides by those laws is pure speculation and another matter entirely.

So you believe the US military wants and supports a fascist dictatorship with Trump at its head?

I did answer the questions you asked.

The supreme court is the weakest branch of government, easily ignored or confounded by the others.

The president is subject to regular elections and may serve no more than two terms.

And congress has control over both the creation of law and the appropriation of money.

Those are three aspects of the constitution that serve as a hindrance to Trump's allegedly fascist agenda.

I'm glad you have the confidence to keep kidding yourself.

But you are refusing to look ahead and out of the box. The US political system is set up in such a way that it would be easy for a president to usurp all power away from the congressional branch of government, and he's already started the process. And fwiw, the R controlled Senate is a willing partner in Trump's crimes against your constitution because he's their party and they are cooperating.
And then then there will be no power except that held by the judicial and the executive branch.

Trump owns the Scotus but I think there have been much greater minds at work to make that happen. It started by stealing Obama's nomination to the Scotus.

You know, it's rather painful talking to Americans that know less about the workings of their government than a Canadian!

montgomery
04-25-2019, 04:35 PM
ethereal: So you believe the US military wants and supports a fascist dictatorship with Trump at its head?

That is entirely possible of the military heads that are in control. The US is starting to get into a fight with China that military minds know can't abide by any civilian interference. When a country abandons the law, it isn't done piecemeal.

Don29palms
04-25-2019, 05:41 PM
Hey Montgomery what shithole country do you live in? You're obviously a foreigner that has absolutely no understanding of the United States of America.

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 05:48 PM

Where did you get this kooky idea that the Supreme Court is under the control of Donald Trump?

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 05:49 PM
But that was different.

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 05:53 PM
You and veritas are empty bottles making an annoying noise. But at least we're getting some good comments from some others now.
This is amusing. You'll call him an empty bottle making an annoying noise and he'll call you a clapping seal.

countryboy
04-25-2019, 05:57 PM

Ignoring subpoenas? WTF are you talking about? If you expect to be taken seriously, you might want to minimize the idiotic rhetoric. There's nothing "depraved" about Trump or his supporters. Did libs learn NOTHING from your "basket of deplorables" debacle?

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 05:59 PM
This is amusing. You'll call him an empty bottle making an annoying noise and he'll call you a clapping seal.
He is an empty-head. Nothing more.

Tahuyaman
04-25-2019, 06:03 PM
He is an empty-head. Nothing more.
C'mon. I'm still laughing about the clapping seal thing.

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 06:11 PM
C'mon. I'm still laughing about the clapping seal thing.
I promise to use it again when a clapping seal presents itself. There are many on the left. It won't be long.

donttread
04-25-2019, 06:20 PM

Our "normalcy " was no better

montgomery
04-25-2019, 06:47 PM
Hey Montgomery what $#@!hole country do you live in? You're obviously a foreigner that has absolutely no understanding of the United States of America.

Is there any country that isn't referred to as a shit hole by Trump and his nomind followers?

You're a pretty scary looking teenager Don. Are you any closer to your sister now that you've married her?

montgomery
04-25-2019, 06:51 PM
Ignoring subpoenas? WTF are you talking about? If you expect to be taken seriously, you might want to minimize the idiotic rhetoric. There's nothing "depraved" about Trump or his supporters. Did libs learn NOTHING from your "basket of deplorables" debacle?

I'm not a liberal. Trump's supporters can't be blamed for their resorting to Trump in their desperation. And I pity them at least a little bit because Trump lied to them and now they're going to have to start all over again with trying to dump the establishment that has made them poor and penniless.

Ignorant braindead twits.

Dr. Who
04-25-2019, 07:53 PM
I'm glad you have the confidence to keep kidding yourself.

But you are refusing to look ahead and out of the box. The US political system is set up in such a way that it would be easy for a president to usurp all power away from the congressional branch of government, and he's already started the process. And fwiw, the R controlled Senate is a willing partner in Trump's crimes against your constitution because he's their party and they are cooperating.
And then then there will be no power except that held by the judicial and the executive branch.

Trump owns the Scotus but I think there have been much greater minds at work to make that happen. It started by stealing Obama's nomination to the Scotus.

You know, it's rather painful talking to Americans that know less about the workings of their government than a Canadian!
What you are saying would have more merit if there were a Republican controlled House, but it's now a Democrat stronghold.

While SCOTUS has shifted to the right, they are not handing off the edge of the right cliff. Ginsburg, Kagan, Sotomayor and Breyer are definitely of the left inclination, Roberts and Kennedy tend to be centrists and Gorsuch has been occupying that middle ground as well, leaving only Thomas and Alito firmly on the right.

As for Trump, apart from his SCOTUS appointments, most of his bragging rights stem from his use of executive orders, which will only last as long as the next administration permits. Legislatively, he hasn't had much impact: https://www.bustle.com/p/what-laws-trump-has-passed-in-his-first-two-years-vs-obama-say-so-much-about-their-priorities-13186888

Has he got Hitler's level of control - no. Hitler's control came from his vast popular support and the Enabling Act of 1933 that gave Hitler the power to enact laws without the involvement of the Reichstag. Trump cannot unilaterally enact any laws as much as he may want to.

Mister D
04-25-2019, 07:57 PM
Why is anyone engaging this clown?

countryboy
04-25-2019, 08:01 PM
I'm not a liberal. Trump's supporters can't be blamed for their resorting to Trump in their desperation. And I pity them at least a little bit because Trump lied to them and now they're going to have to start all over again with trying to dump the establishment that has made them poor and penniless.

Ignorant braindead twits.
Lol, way to demonstrate my point, PERFECTLY. Thanks!

countryboy
04-25-2019, 08:05 PM
What you are saying would have more merit if there were a Republican controlled House, but it's now a Democrat stronghold.

While SCOTUS has shifted to the right, they are not handing off the edge of the right cliff. Ginsburg, Kagan, Sotomayor and Breyer are definitely of the left inclination, Roberts and Kennedy tend to be centrists and Gorsuch has been occupying that middle ground as well, leaving only Thomas and Alito firmly on the right.

As for Trump, apart from his SCOTUS appointments, most of his bragging rights stem from his use of executive orders, which will only last as long as the next administration permits. Legislatively, he hasn't had much impact: https://www.bustle.com/p/what-laws-trump-has-passed-in-his-first-two-years-vs-obama-say-so-much-about-their-priorities-13186888

Has he got Hitler's level of control - no. Hitler's control came from his vast popular support and the Enabling Act of 1933 that gave Hitler the power to enact laws without the involvement of the Reichstag. Trump cannot unilaterally enact any laws as much as he may want to.

While I agree that the SCOTUS isn't in any way "right wing", Justice Kennedy retired, and was replaced by Justice Kavanaugh.

Dr. Who
04-25-2019, 08:18 PM
While I agree that the SCOTUS isn't in any way "right wing", Justice Kennedy retired, and was replaced by Justice Kavanaugh.
Sorry, I forgot. So then it's 4 left, three right and one centrist and one mostly centrist. If Ginsburg retires and is replaced by an extreme conservative then SCOTUS will be potentially lopsided.

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 08:30 PM
Sorry, I forgot. So then it's 4 left, three right and one centrist and one mostly centrist. If Ginsburg retires and is replaced by an extreme conservative then SCOTUS will be potentially lopsided.
I admit I laughed. Every justice should be an originalist.

countryboy
04-25-2019, 08:32 PM
No worries Doc, just pointing out your mistake. We all make them, even me, lol.

Dr. Who
04-25-2019, 08:45 PM
I admit I laughed. Every justice should be an originalist.
They would have to be AI. Human beings are influenced by their beliefs even when they think that they aren't.

Don29palms
04-25-2019, 09:00 PM
Is there any country that isn't referred to as a shit hole by Trump and his nomind followers?

You're a pretty scary looking teenager Don. Are you any closer to your sister now that you've married her?

So the answer the question. Don't you know what shithole country you live in? It really is a simple question. Answer the question or just admit you are a POS troll.

MisterVeritis
04-25-2019, 09:02 PM
They would have to be AI. Human beings are influenced by their beliefs even when they think that they aren't.
Nonsense. Adhere to the Constitution as written. It is a simple test.

EvilCat Breath
04-25-2019, 09:46 PM
When you said depravity I automatically thought of the perversions forced on us by lbgt. The lives destroyed by refusing to accept abomination. I thought of the way gays destroyed the Boy Scouts and turned the Girl Scouts into a lesbian practice club.

I thought of the depraved hearts that kill babies and sell the body parts. The killing has moved beyond unborn children to full infanticide. That's depraved.

The depravity you are selling is the depravity of pedophilia, forcing girls to accept grown men in their lockers and showers.

There is more depravity in the self righteousness of destroying industries and throwing people out of work so you can pat yourselves on the back. It's the cost of hoax climate change.

Actually when you said depravity the immediate image was what democrats have done to our cities. Raw sewage in the streets, open drug use, needles discarded in parks and playgrounds. That's depravity. Block after block of tents where the homeless exist. Rats and disease stewing in depravity. Typhus, chagas, fevers, flesh eating bacteria, open sores running bloody pus. All fully supported by democrat policies.

No discussion of depravity is complete without recognition of the destruction at our borders. Democrats have lured families, caused business men to abandon thier work with wild stories of the free ride and generous welfare. Depravity is using a three year old boy to cross the border as a family then dumping the kid in a cornfield. That's depravity.

And you talk about Donald Trump. What a joke that is. The fact is, as a nation we have been so poisoned by democrat depravity we may never cleanse it away.

zachroidott
04-25-2019, 11:48 PM
They would have to be AI.
Wait for it...I guess?

gamewell45
04-26-2019, 12:08 AM
Montgomery has been thread banned --No family allowed--

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/108523?p=2587909#post2587909