PDA

View Full Version : Thank goodness for Obamacare

Agravan
02-08-2013, 11:03 PM
I just can't tell you guys just how grateful I am for obamacare. I mean, my wife who is on several heavy duty pain meds because of her debilitating MS, just found out today that all of her, previously affordable, medications have been moved from a tier where she paid $8 a script, to one where she now pays $121 per script. with our health insurance, her scripts (10 of them), would cost us $80 a month. We just found out today that her scrips would be costing us $1200 a month. But hey, maybe she can just take an aspirin or two.
Thank you obamacare. It was just terrible to have all that excess money just laying around for other bills when it really should be going to the government for higher medical costs. I am so happy because obamacare is really helping us as the liberal messiah said it would...

Chloe
02-08-2013, 11:05 PM
I just can't tell you guys just how grateful I am for obamacare. I mean, my wife who is on several heavy duty pain meds because of her debilitating MS, just found out today that all of her, previously affordable, medications have been moved from a tier where she paid $8 a script, to one where she now pays $121 per script. with our health insurance, her scripts (10 of them), would cost us $80 a month. We just found out today that her scrips would be costing us $1200 a month. But hey, maybe she can just take an aspirin or two.
Thank you obamacare. It was just terrible to have all that excess money just laying around for other bills when it really should be going to the government for higher medical costs. I am so happy because obamacare is really helping us as the liberal messiah said it would...

Can she just try and change her plan or different medicines that are less expensive?

GrassrootsConservative
02-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Can she just try and change her plan or different medicines that are less expensive?

Even if she could, she shouldn't have to.
Why should Obamacare force her to change her medications?

Chloe
02-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Even if she could, she shouldn't have to.
Why should Obamacare force her to change her medications?

I don't really know I'm sorry

birddog
02-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Obama is the worst president in the history of our country, and serves his masters, the corporate interests.

Peter1469
02-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Obama is the worst president in the history of our country, and serves his masters, the corporate interests.

It is way too soon for any respectable historian to come to that conclusion.

Agravan
02-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Chloe, remember "If you like your plan, you can keep it."? Sure you can, you'll just pay out the nose for it.
She is using heavy opiates, it's the ony thing that works anymore. Some have been denied her because the insurance company has decided they were only for cancer patients. The ones that actually ease her pain have now been priced out of our reach. We both knew this was going to happen, and now, it has.
Once again, Democrats concoct a plan that makes them look compassionate but does more harm than good. But that's ok, because their intentions were good and that's how this boondoggle will be judged a success.

Carygrant
02-09-2013, 02:05 AM
Divorce .

Mainecoons
02-09-2013, 07:57 AM
This is just a beginning example of the rationing by denial of care and driving health care premiums way up that we warned you about.

Obamacare did nothing to reduce medical costs. Trial lawyers, big contributors to the Democrats, continue to pillage the medical system and drive liability insurance to the moon. Doctors are loaded with regulations and paperwork, driving up costs.

Remember, fools, that Obama stated in public his real goal--to destroy the private system and replace it with his version of single payer.

It has begun.

Peter1469
02-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Chloe, remember "If you like your plan, you can keep it."? Sure you can, you'll just pay out the nose for it.
She is using heavy opiates, it's the ony thing that works anymore. Some have been denied her because the insurance company has decided they were only for cancer patients. The ones that actually ease her pain have now been priced out of our reach. We both knew this was going to happen, and now, it has.
Once again, Democrats concoct a plan that makes them look compassionate but does more harm than good. But that's ok, because their intentions were good and that's how this boondoggle will be judged a success.

What about medical marijuana?

Rich Saenz
02-09-2013, 08:52 AM
I don't really know I'm sorry

Most liberals don't know anything thanks for being honest.

Rich Saenz
02-09-2013, 08:55 AM

Too bad the 1960's are long gone back then people had guts and people like Obama would not be alive if they stepped too far out of line.

Sunbelt
02-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Can she just try and change her plan or different medicines that are less expensive?Perhaps she could. Afterall, it's about the people working around & serving the government, not vice-versa, right?

Chloe
02-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Most liberals don't know anything thanks for being honest.

I just didn't know how to answer his question

Agravan
02-09-2013, 03:35 PM
What about medical marijuana?

Not in Texas. Certainly not with a minor child in the house.

Agravan
02-09-2013, 03:37 PM
I just didn't know how to answer his questionJust ignore this putz. He's only here to try to stir up trouble. Very likely he's just a liberal plant.

Agravan
02-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Divorce .
Is that how you would deal with it Cary? Just abandon the woman you supposedly love because of a few bills?
Yeah, you'd be a real catch for any woman in your pathetic excuse for a country. Liberal scumbag.

Sunbelt
02-10-2013, 10:23 AM
I just didn't know how to answer his questionWhy was it necessary for you to answer his question when you didn't know how to answer it in the first place?

Chloe
02-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Why was it necessary for you to answer his question when you didn't know how to answer it in the first place?

I asked agravan a question out of curiosity and then another person asked me the follow up question that I didn't know the answer to. I didn't know how to answer his follow up question so I told him that I didn't know so that he wouldn't think I was ignoring him. FYI they were two separate questions. Why do you even care?

Adelaide
02-10-2013, 03:08 PM

I'm honestly confused. If you already had a health insurance plan, why are you having to pay the government money? I have a basic understanding of Obamacare, so some clarity would be good. I was under the impression people without a plan would be taxed to encourage them to get one? Or something like that.

It's too bad you don't live closer to Canada - our drugs are cheaper due to government interference.

Dr. Who
02-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Medical marijuana has been shown to be effective in treating the pain associated with MS. Hopefully Texas soon makes it possible for MS suffers to obtain it legally. It would most certainly cost less than $1,200/month.

Agravan
02-10-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm honestly confused. If you already had a health insurance plan, why are you having to pay the government money? I have a basic understanding of Obamacare, so some clarity would be good. I was under the impression people without a plan would be taxed to encourage them to get one? Or something like that.

It's too bad you don't live closer to Canada - our drugs are cheaper due to government interference.
I'm not paying the government. The Insurance company moved those drugs into a different, higher costing, tier.

Adelaide
02-10-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm not paying the government. The Insurance company moved those drugs into a different, higher costing, tier.

Ah... well, that's stupid. Could you change providers?

Dr. Who
02-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Not in Texas. Certainly not with a minor child in the house.
You can use marijuana without smoking it, if that's your concern. Those opiates you have in the house can also be misused by minors. In fact they are big business in the dope dealing trade on the streets. But I know that medical marijuana is not yet legal in Texas, so that option would currently be an illegal one.

Agravan
02-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Ah... well, that's stupid. Could you change providers?

I really don't think so. From what i understand, this tends to be industry wide...

Agravan
02-10-2013, 10:37 PM
You can use marijuana without smoking it, if that's your concern. Those opiates you have in the house can also be misused by minors. In fact they are big business in the dope dealing trade on the streets. But I know that medical marijuana is not yet legal in Texas, so that option would currently be an illegal one.
True, but marijuana has a distinctive odor that she will soon experience in school and among friends. The opiates are just pills that she's been around her entire life.

Dr. Who
02-10-2013, 11:01 PM
I really don't think so. From what i understand, this tends to be industry wide...
Would Medicare be cheaper?
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/info/medicare-medicaid/

lynn
02-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately, what has happened with your wife will also effect everyone else that take medications on a regular basis. The insurance companies see Obamacare as an excuse to raise everyone's premiums plus out of pocket costs to such a degree that it should be criminal. Our government was bought off by the insurance companies so no regulations were done to stop them. Obamacare was not intended to provide healthcare to people, it was designed so all those new premiums and penalties to go into a earmark fund so the government can spend it anyway they want to. It won't be on healthcare.

Our government bankrupt our social security fund back in 2006 and put IOu's with no intention on paying it back. They applied the money they stole from us and added it as public debt. Obamacare will add to public debt and it is projected that public debt in 2016 will be 20 trillion. The only way for that to happen is they are going to borrow the money from the Obamacare fund to spend it anyway they want to and the public is out of luck once again.

patrickt
02-13-2013, 01:52 PM
The government drives prices up and then uses that as an excuse to nationalize health care and drive prices farther up and reduce health care.

And, remember folks, not a single person who is happy with their health insurance will lose it. Not a single person. Millions will but not a single person. And, Obamacare will bring prices down. And, taxes won't go up one thin dime. Oh, and I almost forgot Obamacare will not benefit criminal aliens.