PDA

View Full Version : $2 Trillion Infrastructure Package

MisterVeritis
04-30-2019, 01:00 PM
Democrats, Trump Agree to Aim for $2 Trillion Infrastructure Package

Democratic congressional leaders said President Trump agreed to aim for a $2 trillion infrastructure package in a White House meeting on Tuesday, though it remains unclear how they will seek to pay for it and whether Capitol Hill Republicans will go along.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democrats-trump-agreed-on-2-trillion-infrastructure-package-11556640992

Is anyone concerned?

Tahuyaman
04-30-2019, 01:02 PM
Nah.... Just pay for it. That's the new plan from the Democrats.

Tahuyaman
04-30-2019, 01:04 PM
Two trillion dollars. That'll make Obama look like a fiscal conservative.

Common
04-30-2019, 01:45 PM
Wow

alexa
04-30-2019, 01:47 PM
Nah.... Just pay for it. That's the new plan from the Democrats.
As opposed to Trump's plan, just don't pay for it.

montgomery
04-30-2019, 01:48 PM
Wow

Common, thanks for forgiving me for calling your friend daddy's little fatty. Maybe you're not quite the miserable co-ksucker I took you for after all. Maybe you're just a c-cksucker!

luv ya'all.

I'm outta here!

Tahuyaman
04-30-2019, 01:55 PM
Where did that come from? Trump has not been unwilling to join in with Democrats on spending more money we don't have.

alexa
04-30-2019, 01:59 PM
Where did that come from? Trump has not been unwilling to join in with Democrats on spending more money we don't have.
It came from my keyboard.

Trump routinely stiffed his sub-contractors, employees and creditors, or didn't you know that?

Tahuyaman
04-30-2019, 02:02 PM

Trump routinely stiffed his sub-contractors, employees and creditors, or didn't you know that?
What does that have to do with his willingness to sign on to the Democrats massive soending schemes?

NapRover
04-30-2019, 02:08 PM

Democratic congressional leaders said President Trump agreed to aim for a $2 trillion infrastructure package in a White House meeting on Tuesday, though it remains unclear how they will seek to pay for it and whether Capitol Hill Republicans will go along.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democrats-trump-agreed-on-2-trillion-infrastructure-package-11556640992

Is anyone concerned?
Very concerned-Obama's package didn't show me any significant improvement. Trump seems to keep his promises, hopefully it'll be different under him.
And, since he won the election, I would hope that red states would get far more $$ than blue.

Tahuyaman
04-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Very concerned-Obama's package didn't show me any significant improvement. Trump seems to keep his promises, hopefully it'll be different under him.
And, since he won the election, I would hope that red states would get far more $$ than blue.
Obama's infrastructure package wasn't ever intended to go to restoring our infrastructure. It was always intended to be payback to his big donors. He even admitted that those "shovel ready" jobs did not exist.

What Trump should have proposed and stuck to was all the revenues created through cuts in corporate tax rates would go to a national infastructure restoration project.

alexa
04-30-2019, 02:20 PM
Obama's infrastructure package wasn't ever intended to go to restoring our infrastructure. It was always intended to be payback to his big donors. He even admitted that those "shovel ready" jobs did not exist.

What Trump should have proposed and stuck to was all the revenues created through cuts in corporate tax rates would go to a national infastructure restoration project.
That's some funny stuff right there.

ripmeister
04-30-2019, 02:30 PM

Don't they already?😁

DGUtley
04-30-2019, 02:34 PM
Democrats, Trump Agree to Aim for $2 Trillion Infrastructure Package Democratic congressional leaders said President Trump agreed to aim for a $2 trillion infrastructure package in a White House meeting on Tuesday, though it remains unclear how they will seek to pay for it and whether Capitol Hill Republicans will go along. https://www.wsj.com/articles/democrats-trump-agreed-on-2-trillion-infrastructure-package-11556640992 Is anyone concerned?

Yes, I am concerned. I called the WH and left a message. I called both of my senators to express my displeasure and to urge voting against it unless they had full pay-go and did the same for my rep.

MisterVeritis
04-30-2019, 02:36 PM
Yes, I am concerned. I called the WH and left a message. I called both of my senators to express my displeasure and to urge voting against it unless they had full pay-go and did the same for my rep.
I am not concerned in the least. I have seen President Trump use this technique several times before.

MMC
04-30-2019, 02:39 PM
What does that have to do with his willingness to sign on to the Democrats massive soending schemes?

Not a damn thing. But you know how the left likes to get into that whataboutism. LMAO.

MMC
04-30-2019, 02:46 PM
I am not concerned in the least. I have seen President Trump use this technique several times before.

2 Trillion.....tell the Demos to fuck off. First handle the border issue. Baby Steps....its all they can handle.

NapRover
04-30-2019, 02:58 PM
Don't they already?
Swing states should get a lot more! OH, WI, MI, PA, NC, FL

Tahuyaman
04-30-2019, 03:26 PM

That's some funny stuff right there.
Maybe, but it's the truth.

Chris
04-30-2019, 03:29 PM
"The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it." -- P. J. O'Rourke

Chris
04-30-2019, 05:51 PM
“If Congress wants to find money to modernize our roads and bridges, we encourage them to look to their own pockets – Americans have been filling them up for years,” Americans for Prosperity’s head of government affairs Brent Gardner said. “Instead of proposing a $2 trillion catch-all ‘infrastructure’ bill and asking hard-working Americans to fund it by paying more at the pump, Washington lawmakers should cut the red tape and stop wasting the tax dollars we give them.” -- Americans for Prosperity

Luther
04-30-2019, 08:19 PM

Is anyone concerned?

Is anyone concerned?

You Betcha!

Trump has had a BIG "hard on" for infrastructure for a long time

Just like democrats(wink)

Captdon
04-30-2019, 08:35 PM

You still don't know it. You don't understand the written word.

Captdon
04-30-2019, 08:39 PM

I would hope they don't receive any federal money. If a bridge needs replaced the state should do it. If it crosses two states, Congress should allow then to form a compact to do it.

MisterVeritis
04-30-2019, 09:28 PM
You Betcha!

Trump has had a BIG "hard on" for infrastructure for a long time

Just like democrats(wink)
I am not concerned.

zachroidott
05-01-2019, 12:12 AM
How much did we spend on Afghanistan infrastructure?

Luther
05-01-2019, 03:34 AM
I am not concerned.

I know you aren't.....

If Trump told you to hop on one foot and go in a circle, you would(wink)

Luther
05-01-2019, 03:37 AM
How much did we spend on Afghanistan infrastructure?

A lot

Your point?

Luther
05-01-2019, 04:03 AM
Wow

That's it Common?

Just wow?

Luther
05-01-2019, 04:05 AM
i am not concerned in the least. I have seen president trump use this technique several times before.

(lol)

Luther
05-01-2019, 05:08 AM
2 Trillion.....tell the Demos to $#@! off. First handle the border issue. Baby Steps....its all they can handle.

Ah.....

No mention of Trumps Hard on for infrastructure?

donttread
05-01-2019, 07:34 AM

Is anyone concerned?

Well you know where they'll get "the money". I would question how much of this infrastructure should fall to the states.

MMC
05-01-2019, 07:44 AM
Ah.....

No mention of Trumps Hard on for infrastructure?

I didn't see you mentioning the Repubs aren't exactly thrilled with it, and that isn't even focusing on the Patsies for the Demos. You know, the Never Trumpers.

MMC
05-01-2019, 07:47 AM
Well you know where they'll get "the money". I would question how much of this infrastructure should fall to the states.

To be honest it should be given to Counties. They know what needs to be done. One thing is for certain. DC doesn't have a clue. Plus, lets not forget how Democrats that control states are always fuckups and will find a way to steal funds.

MisterVeritis
05-01-2019, 11:54 AM
I am not concerned.

I know you aren't.....
If Trump told you to hop on one foot and go in a circle, you would(wink)
I am not concerned because I am smarter than you.

I have seen President Trump use this tactic at least twice before to get the Democrats on the record.

Bo.

MisterVeritis
05-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Almost all infrastructure costs fall to the states or to private businesses. Almost none falls to the Federal government.

See Article I Section 8 for the complete list.

MisterVeritis
05-01-2019, 11:56 AM
To be honest it should be given to Counties. They know what needs to be done. One thing is for certain. DC doesn't have a clue. Plus, lets not forget how Democrats that control states are always fuckups and will find a way to steal funds.
No federal money should be given...

jet57
05-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Common, thanks for forgiving me for calling your friend daddy's little fatty. Maybe you're not quite the miserable co-ksucker I took you for after all. Maybe you're just a c-cksucker!

luv ya'all.

I'm outta here!

Boy, that's for sure.

Luther
05-03-2019, 05:16 AM
I didn't see you mentioning the Repubs aren't exactly thrilled with it, and that isn't even focusing on the Patsies for the Demos. You know, the Never Trumpers.

I didn't see you mentioning the Repubs

And I see you failed to mention "Trump" by name on this

Move along as fast as you can!!!!

Luther
05-03-2019, 05:18 AM
I am not concerned.

I have seen President Trump use this tactic at least twice before to get the Democrats on the record.

Bo.

Really?

Did it include 2 $$$$TRILLION$$$$?(LOL)

(LOL)

Luther
05-03-2019, 05:21 AM
Notice no one is bringing up and asking, What the He!! has our Fed Gas tax been paying for all these years?

$$$$ 36 BILLION(fiscal year 2016)

MMC
05-03-2019, 08:58 AM
And I see you failed to mention "Trump" by name on this

Move along as fast as you can!!!!

LMAO......and how many times do you have to be told he is no conservative?

MisterVeritis
05-03-2019, 11:12 AM

Bo.

Really?
Did it include 2 $$$$TRILLION$$$$?(LOL)
(LOL)
The nature of the enticement is unimportant. What is importance is President Trump's goal.

Did I mention I am not concerned because I am smarter than you?

Bo.

Captdon
05-03-2019, 11:15 AM

Get a new keyboard. This one is typing nonsense. We're talking about infrastructure. Pay attention. Let the states fix their own problems.

alexa
05-03-2019, 11:21 AM
Get a new keyboard. This one is typing nonsense. We're talking about infrastructure. Pay attention. Let the states fix their own problems.
That's going to be hard for the red states like yours to do, being used to sucking the government tit until there's nothing left.

Peter1469
05-03-2019, 07:38 PM
Notice no one is bringing up and asking, What the He!! has our Fed Gas tax been paying for all these years?

$$$$ 36 BILLION(fiscal year 2016)
Maintenance?

Luther
05-03-2019, 07:45 PM

Bo.

The nature of the enticement is unimportant. What is importance is President Trump's goal.

Bo.

What is importance is President Trump's goal.

Progressivism?

So far, I haven't seen it(wink)

Luther
05-03-2019, 07:45 PM
Maintenance?

36 BILLION a year?

Peter1469
05-03-2019, 07:47 PM
36 BILLION a year?
More. (https://www.bidnet.com/resources/business-insights/us-government-spending-highway-infrastructure-en.jsp)

Luther
05-03-2019, 07:56 PM
More. (https://www.bidnet.com/resources/business-insights/us-government-spending-highway-infrastructure-en.jsp)

Lets pick 2009? Was any of that from the Fed Stimulus money from the great recession?

Notice that there was only 2 billion that year Maintenance

Comparatively, in 2009, $41 billion in federal funding was spent on highways; of that, $39 billion went to capital projects while $2 billion was spent on operations and maintenance.

Mini Me
05-03-2019, 08:06 PM

Of course he wont pay for it! Deficits don't matter to the GOP!

But if they spread it over a few years it wont hurt so much.

Will Mitch the Bitch approve this?

Peter1469
05-03-2019, 08:09 PM
Of course he wont pay for it! Deficits don't matter to the GOP!

But if they spread it over a few years it wont hurt so much.

Will Mitch the Bitch approve this?
Deficits matter just as much to the dems if you look at our budgets over the last 10 years.