PDA

View Full Version : AP Exclusive: Accuser filed complaint in next job

wingrider
11-09-2011, 05:37 AM
WASHINGTON (AP) — A woman who settled a sexual harassment complaint against GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain in 1999 complained three years later at her next job about unfair treatment, saying she should be allowed to work from home after a serious car accident and accusing a manager of circulating a sexually charged email, The Associated Press has learned.

Karen Kraushaar, 55, filed the complaint while working as a spokeswoman at the Immigration and Naturalization Service in the Justice Department in late 2002 or early 2003, with the assistance of her lawyer, Joel Bennett, who also handled her earlier sexual harassment complaint against Cain in 1999. Three former supervisors familiar with Kraushaar's complaint, which did not include a claim of sexual harassment, described it for the AP under condition of anonymity because the matter was handled internally by the agency and was not public.

To settle the complaint at the immigration service, Kraushaar initially demanded thousands of dollars in payment, a reinstatement of leave she used after the accident earlier in 2002

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-accuser-filed-complaint-next-job-

seems what we have here is a woman who is using the harrassment laws to milk the system..she filed on Cain and then three years later filed again on someone else for thusands of dollars.. I think there is more to this smear of Cain and it is coming to the surface..

080946066.html

MMC
11-09-2011, 07:04 AM
WASHINGTON (AP) — A woman who settled a sexual harassment complaint against GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain in 1999 complained three years later at her next job about unfair treatment, saying she should be allowed to work from home after a serious car accident and accusing a manager of circulating a sexually charged email, The Associated Press has learned.

Karen Kraushaar, 55, filed the complaint while working as a spokeswoman at the Immigration and Naturalization Service in the Justice Department in late 2002 or early 2003, with the assistance of her lawyer, Joel Bennett, who also handled her earlier sexual harassment complaint against Cain in 1999. Three former supervisors familiar with Kraushaar's complaint, which did not include a claim of sexual harassment, described it for the AP under condition of anonymity because the matter was handled internally by the agency and was not public.

To settle the complaint at the immigration service, Kraushaar initially demanded thousands of dollars in payment, a reinstatement of leave she used after the accident earlier in 2002

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-accuser-filed-complaint-next-job-

seems what we have here is a woman who is using the harrassment laws to milk the system..she filed on Cain and then three years later filed again on someone else for thusands of dollars.. I think there is more to this smear of Cain and it is coming to the surface..

080946066.html

Of Course the left is going to play on it.....still this is not the Republican Chick out of Chicago.

Conley
11-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Ah, I thought it was the NRA chick. Too bad for Cain. Still why she hooked up with Allred is a mystery to me. I have never heard of a Republican cozying up to her. I guess she is good at harassment cases though.

MMC
11-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Cain is Toast.....did you hear his explanation. Thats not going to fly with the American people. Might Fly with his supporters tho. Already he is starting to drop in the polls.

Conley
11-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Cain is Toast.....did you hear his explanation. Thats not going to fly with the American people. Might Fly with his supporters tho. Already he is starting to drop in the polls.

No, I didn't hear it. What was his explanation?

MMC
11-09-2011, 10:09 AM

No, I didn't hear it. What was his explanation?

http://news.yahoo.com/presidential-candidate-said-abc-yahoo-interview-doesnt-remember-195233486.html

.....Your Friends' Activity1-0 of 0back next ..Let your friends be your guide to great content on Yahoo! News by connecting to Facebook. By connecting you'll be able to see friends' Activity and add your own. Learn more »
......Presidential candidate said in ABC / Yahoo interview he doesn't remember latest accuser
By Huma Khan | ABC News – 16 hrs ago....
Share15EmailPrint.....

Herman Cain today said that Sharon Bialek, the first woman to publicly accuse the GOP presidential candidate of sexual harassment, is a liar and that he can’t remember ever meeting her.

“I have had nothing but the utmost respect for any and all women as well as those who have worked under my leadership,” Cain told ABC News’ Jonathan Karl in the ABC News/Yahoo Newsmakers interview. “I can categorically say I have never acted inappropriately with anyone, period. And as far as these latest charges… I reject all of those.”

When I first saw her … I didn’t even recognize her,” Cain said. ”I am honestly telling you I can’t even recall knowing her back then.”

When asked if Bialek was lying, Cain replied, “Yes, I’m saying that as nice a way as I can.”

The former chief executive of Godfather’s Pizza, who has been accused by at least four women of sexual harassment, said that his wife is “angry” at these reports.....snip~

Herman Cain On Sharon Bialek: 'I Don't Even Know Who This Lady Is' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6c0R4S4MuI#)

[b]This is all I can find on UTube.....if you go to the link it has the full video. He keeps saying he doesnt remember her. Doesn't remember meeting her. Doesnt Recognize her.

Herman Cain Denies Harassment Charges (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqTxr8LvuzM#ws)

This is what he said on Fox Oct 31st.....I think they got him now. Allred will get the footage from that tea party Event in Chicago. I am willing to bet MSDNC will give it to her. They got him upgrading the hotel Room that Bialek was talking about.

I don't think they can prove anything on the He said, she said.....bullshit. But putting him anywheres else around her. Then they won't have to. It will be percieved that something took place. Not to mention she went to the Chicago Event to encounter him in the first place.

jgreer
11-09-2011, 10:18 AM
LOL what a lying piece of dirt. This is the best the Republicans can come up with? He must have cheated on his wife a lot to not be able to remember all the women he had affairs with. Try again next time Republicans

Conley
11-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Thank you MMC, I agree with your assessment. It is disappointing.

MMC
11-09-2011, 10:46 AM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1304245111641&id=c1334241f7b5e070e3966e7234611bb5&url=http%3a%2f%2ficanhascheezburger.wordpress.com% 2ffiles%2f2007%2f12%2ffunny-pictures-busted-cat.jpg

Yeah.....unfortunately. To bad the media world gets to play on it and more importantly drive it. There have been great leaders all thru-out history. Most of them had some quirk or another. Still it did not take from them obtaining that leadership.

Problem with our system is that the World of Media will dig on anything. Yet they already know. None are perfect. No one. So if thats what they are looking for in a leader. Then we are doomed.

Shaggy - It Wasn't Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s3vHFyybxk#)

All he can do now.....is play it for his wife! Wasn't me! O0

jgreer
11-09-2011, 10:54 AM
It isn't the repeated molesting that got him in trouble, it was the lying about it over and over.

Who am I kidding. The repeated molesting didnt help either LOL this guy is about as good a leader as that cat eating pizza in your photo. Is that Godfather pizza? hahahahhaha

MMC
11-09-2011, 12:38 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/details-emerge-cain-accuser-campaign-tries-contain-scandal-153623543.html

Kraushaar, who now works as a spokeswoman at the Treasury Department, is the second woman to step forward publicly to accuse Cain of sexual harassment, though she has yet to detail exactly what her claims were against the Republican presidential candidate.

She and Bennett are working to organize a joint press conference among the three other women who have accused Cain of sexual misconduct.

In an interview with Fox News's Sean Hannity, Block said the campaign had "confirmed" that Kraushaar was related to a reporter at Politico, which first reported the sexual harassment allegations against Cain almost two weeks ago.

"We've confirmed he does indeed work at Politico, and that's his mother, yes," Block told Hannity.

Block appeared to be referring to Josh Kraushaar, a former political reporter for Politico who left the publication in June 2010 to work for National Journal's Hotline. But he said in a message on Twitter that he's not related to Cain's accuser.....snip~

:o Works as a Spokesperson for the Treasury Dept.....uhm, he is not toast. Morelike breadcrumbs.....the Flock is going to tear him up now.

Conley
11-09-2011, 12:50 PM
I can't keep all the women straight to be honest. There definitely seems to be something here though, like you said there will be a record of him with the woman who he claims he does not remember.

GRUMPY
11-09-2011, 02:42 PM
ok boys and girls shall i attempt to provide a little balance to this discussion.....first the disclaimer, that being that i am not a supporter of cain.....he is inarticulate in his expressions of conservatism, he has obviously never given more than a seconds thought to foreign policy and a flat tax does not skip the poor or anybody else for that matter.....now, having worked for state govt and organizations associated or under contract with state and local govt i can tell you that the 90s was awash in harassment bs.....i would be willing to bet that i have attended 20 plus state mandated trainings regarding sexual harassment and of course diversity.....basically sexual harassment is anything and i mean anything that makes another uncomfortable regarding their place of work.....a word, look, mannerisms, too loud, too colorful in language, door closed, door open, i mean literally anything boys and girls.....as for cain, he is being asked to disprove events that he claims never happended some decade plus ago.....none of you nor could i defend ourselves against similar accusations in similar circumstance.....jgeer, in 1997 i saw you having sex with a german shepherd, i told two other people at the time and they will now attest to that conversation.....now prove that you don't have sex with dogs of the four legged kind....i am not saying that cain is clean on this i am just saying that there is a reason to pause before participating/celebrating the destruction of a man's reputation....the crazy looking gal out of chicago alleges that he stuck his hand up her dress and then tried to shove her head in his crotch.....she was not an employee at the time and that is not a description of sexual harassment but rather sexual assault.....she filed no charges and as i said had nothing to lose in doing so as she was not employed.....gal numero uno has played this card subsequent to cain....further all of the allegations against cain supposedly occur within the couple of years he worked for the national restaurant association, nothing before or after......do they put something in the water there or maybe he just snapped for a couple of years.....still more none of these allegations surfaced when he ran for public office in 2000 and 2004......finally all of this has the smell of a chicago/feminazi smear, remember obama secured office in the illinois legislature after i believe two of his opponents had divorce records released......cain as inarticulate as he is, is still possibly the last candidate they want to see square off with the one....just some food for thought.....

jgreer
11-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Grumpy I was going to say something really hard on you but I stopped myself. I have got to say though that by what you wrote no sexual harassment happened in the 90s. That is silly to blame it on the decade and not Cain. Here we have a pattern of behavior and at least four women who have stepped forward. There are probably more. You can blame it on the Democrats, you can blame it on the wild 90s (LOL), blame it on Chicago (uhh) but really the blame is all on Cain. He kept putting himself in these positions and obviously it was reported back when it happened because there were two suits that were settled. There really isnt much to discuss.

Mister D
11-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Grumpy I was going to say something really hard on you but I stopped myself. I have got to say though that by what you wrote no sexual harassment happened in the 90s. That is silly to blame it on the decade and not Cain. Here we have a pattern of behavior and at least four women who have stepped forward. There are probably more. You can blame it on the Democrats, you can blame it on the wild 90s (LOL), blame it on Chicago (uhh) but really the blame is all on Cain. He kept putting himself in these positions and obviously it was reported back when it happened because there were two suits that were settled. There really isnt much to discuss.

What? ???

GRUMPY
11-09-2011, 03:55 PM

son, i know that liberals can to a limited extent read, therefore it must be the comprehension aspect of reading that escapes you....i have not blamed anything on anyone.....sex and race have become get out of work and promote me or else cards, the blame for this being rooted withing the civil rights act of 64, the evolution of eeoc and feminism, you know generally ugly angry gals....what you have are accusations alleging behavior some 12-14 years ago....i have simply noted some aspects of this that too many are simply unwilling to even consider....you could not defend yourself in similar circumstance son....that said i have turned your case over to peta and the aspca, because i did after all provide you with the opportunity to "come clean and just admit you mistakes.".....the only difference between you and the german shepherd (beyond the fact that the dog is a useful and contributing member of society) is that the german shepherd can't get ms allred on the phone.....cain may well be guilty as sin still allegations of this nature with this kind of time elapsed should be held suspect until proven beyond a reasonable doubt.....and yes that is the criminal legal standard....and of course yes this is the liberal, left, chicago way of eliminating a potential adversary.....

Pendragon
11-09-2011, 04:00 PM
I do not agree with the comparison that has been made between Cain's acts and bestiality.

Sex with animals is far more heinous than what he is being accused of.

Furthermore I will add that these women have stepped forward to provide their accounts whereas in the case of animals they are unable to speak on their own behalf. Therefore this analogy is twisted and all together useless.

Mister D
11-09-2011, 04:10 PM
I do not agree with the comparison that has been made between Cain's acts and bestiality.

Furthermore I will add that these women have stepped forward to provide their accounts whereas in the case of animals they are unable to speak on their own behalf. Therefore this analogy is twisted and all together useless.

That wasn't the point, Pen. It makes no differenece whether he uses midgets, German Shepherds, or Extra Terrestrials.

Conley
11-09-2011, 04:19 PM

That wasn't the point, Pen. It makes no differenece whether he uses midgets, German Shepherds, or Extra Terrestrials.

:D :D :D

German Shepherds are beautiful dogs though. ;D

Mister D
11-09-2011, 04:25 PM

My brother had two of them flown in from Germany. ::) No thanks. I like my cat.

Conley
11-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Wow, that's someone serious about his dogs.

You really don't like them?

Mister D
11-09-2011, 04:31 PM

They're gorgeous but you don't realize how big (and strong) they really are until you get up close. I like dogs but they seem to be a lot of trouble.

Conley
11-09-2011, 04:35 PM

They're gorgeous but you don't realize how big (and strong) they really are until you get up close. I like dogs but they seem to be a lot of trouble.

Oh yeah, they are very dangerous if not properly trained, and even then there is risk with them. I will just admire them from the comfort of my computer desk. ;D

Mister D
11-09-2011, 04:49 PM

Oh yeah, they are very dangerous if not properly trained, and even then there is risk with them. I will just admire them from the comfort of my computer desk. ;D

They aren't cheap either. Pure breeds that is. I forget what he paid but it was more than I would ever pay for a pet. One thing was cool though. It was nice to see how much better pure breeds look compared to mutts. IMHO anyway...

Conley
11-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Eugenics! :o :o ;)

Mister D
11-09-2011, 04:58 PM
:D Well enough about dogs! We've derailed the topic.

GRUMPY
11-09-2011, 04:59 PM

well whatever you do son please don't report me to People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.....

GRUMPY
11-09-2011, 05:01 PM

yes they are and d is correct some have missed the rather obvious point.....

Conley
11-09-2011, 05:18 PM
I understand what you're saying Grumpy.

We shouldn't rush to judgment as to whether the man is guilty or innocent.

My interest is purely from a political perspective and I believe these accusations will be enough to keep him from the nomination. Whether it is fair or not I don't know, but fairness doesn't really go with politics.

GRUMPY
11-09-2011, 05:55 PM
maybe like most libs these liberal white gals were not quite as liberal as they thought and not used to being in the presense of a black man who was their superior and not standing in line for their handouts.....

Mister D
11-09-2011, 07:41 PM
maybe like most libs these liberal white gals were not quite as liberal as they thought and not used to being in the presense of a black man who was their superior and not standing in line for their handouts.....

:D Ouch.

Conley
11-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Liberal white gals? Didn't one work for the NRA? :D

GRUMPY
11-09-2011, 08:27 PM

libs have no problem lying and fraudulently presenting themselves for a dollar.....i guess maybe i should apologize to jgeer, not intending to pick on him i just want people to understand how impossible this is for cain and how wack the whole sexual harassment pc bs is as well....unless you have been there and seen it up close and in person you really cannot appreciate....

Mister D
11-09-2011, 08:33 PM

libs have no problem lying and fraudulently presenting themselves for a dollar.....i guess maybe i should apologize to jgeer, not intending to pick on him i just want people to understand how impossible this is for cain and how wack the whole sexual harassment pc bs is as well....unless you have been there and seen it up close and in person you really cannot appreciate....

Working closely with human resources everyday I know that the past "settlements" are meaningless in terms of Cain's guilt or innocence. I've seen severance packages given simply to avoid a legal hassle. It happens quite a bit.

Conley
11-09-2011, 09:09 PM

Did Grump just use the word 'wack' ???

O0

Is this the real Grump?

Perhaps there was an accident at the Lighthouse and someone else is using his account?

Just kidding Grump :-* (<--- grounds for a sexual harrasment lawsuit ;) >:( :-\ :D)

wingrider
11-10-2011, 12:35 AM
Private investigator TJ Ward said presidential hopeful Herman Cain was not lying at a news conference on Tuesday in Phoenix.

Cain denied making any sexual actions towards Sharon Bialek and vowed to take a polygraph test if necessary to prove his innocence.

Cain has not taken a polygraph but Ward said he does have software that does something better.

Ward said the $15,000 software can detect lies in people's voices.

CBS Atlanta's Mike Paluska played Cain's speech for Ward into the software and watched as it analyzed Cain's every word.

If he is hiding something this thing would have spiked way down here," said Ward. "He is being truthful, totally truthful. He is a man with integrity and he talked directly about not knowing any incident he is accused of."

The software analyzes the stress level and other factors in your voice. During the speech, when Cain denied the claims, the lie detector read "low risk." According to Ward, that means Cain is telling the truth.
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/16002149/investigator-herman-cain-innocent-of-sexual-advances

Cain has offered to take a lie detector test to prove his innocence,, what more do you think he should do before you all get off the hatchet in his back?

and this investigator says he he innocent.

Conley
11-10-2011, 09:13 AM
We didn't put the hatchet there, and we're not twisting it around. We just saw it sticking out of his back and think that it's bad for his future.