PDA

View Full Version : The desire to impeach Donald Trump

pjohns
05-19-2019, 03:48 PM
Brenda Wineapple, in The New York Times, had recently penned an article, "Impeachment Is a Form of Hope," in which she suggests the impeachment of President Trump. She likens the situation, in fact, to the impeachment of Andrew Johnson (just following the Civil War) and the near-impeachment of Richard Nixon.

But a plan always needs an endgame. And the endgame here most certainly resides in the Senate--where a two-thirds supermajority (needed to convict) most certainly does not exist. In fact, there is nothing even close to that.

So I see the desire for impeachment as nothing more than a feelgood measure.

Comments?

MMC
05-19-2019, 04:33 PM
Yes, that is how desperate the Leftness and Never Trumpers are. Even got Biden out saying Trump is an illegitimate President.

Biden seems to pull that shit when around his own kind.

Question is.....when will the real Americans stand up and call that mope out. Where are the Repubs and their response and why aren't they crashing these Leftist gatherings.

Those on the Rght need to treat the left as they treat others.

Peter1469
05-19-2019, 04:47 PM
Brenda Wineapple, in The New York Times, had recently penned an article, "Impeachment Is a Form of Hope," in which she suggests the impeachment of President Trump. She likens the situation, in fact, to the impeachment of Andrew Johnson (just following the Civil War) and the near-impeachment of Richard Nixon.

But a plan always needs an endgame. And the endgame here most certainly resides in the Senate--where a two-thirds supermajority (needed to convict) most certainly does not exist. In fact, there is nothing even close to that.

Comments?
I think it is extreme TDS.

MMC
05-19-2019, 04:55 PM
I think it is extreme TDS.

You are kind. :grin:

Peter1469
05-19-2019, 05:08 PM
Romney disagrees with GOP congressman's conclusion on Trump's 'impeachable conduct' (https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/19/politics/justin-amash-mitt-romney-trump-impeachment-cnntv/index.html)

Mitt disagrees and also says Trump would never be convicted by the Senate.

MMC
05-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Schiff: 'We may have to follow with impeachment' if Trump admin won't hand over material (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/schiff-we-may-have-to-follow-with-impeachment-if-trump-admin-wont-hand-over-material)

http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/lmfao.gif

MMC
05-19-2019, 05:12 PM
Romney disagrees with GOP congressman's conclusion on Trump's 'impeachable conduct' (https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/19/politics/justin-amash-mitt-romney-trump-impeachment-cnntv/index.html)

From one RINO Never Trumper to another, huh?

On another note.....Romney also said he don't agree with Alabama's Abortion Law.

Message to McConnell. Lets not have Romney talking to much.

Tahuyaman
05-19-2019, 05:17 PM
The impeachment thing is going to completely consume the Democrat controlled House of Reps. This is a clear indication that TDS is real and it has developed into a true mental disorder.

Tahuyaman
05-19-2019, 05:21 PM

Romney is right in that the Senate is never going to allow Trump to be removed from office through impeachment.

midcan5
05-19-2019, 05:50 PM
That is why the smart tactic for the democrats is to talk impeachment of 'Cadet Bone Spurs' but continue to bring forth the reality of his idiocy and dishonesty. Do as Trump tool Barr does but do it honestly, show America what Trump is.

"What is patriotism? Let us begin with what patriotism is not. It is not patriotic to dodge the draft and to mock war heroes and their families. It is not patriotic to discriminate against active-duty members of the armed forces in one's companies, or to campaign to keep disabled veterans away from one's property. It is not patriotic to compare one's search for sexual partners in New York with the military service in Vietnam that one has dodged. It is not patriotic to avoid paying taxes, especially when American working families do pay. It is not patriotic to ask those working, taxpaying American families to finance one's own presidential campaign, and then to spend their contributions in one's own companies. It is not patriotic to admire foreign dictators. It is not patriotic to cultivate a relationship with Muammar Gaddafi; or to say that Bashar al-Assad and Vladimir Putin are superior leaders. It is not patriotic to call upon Russia to intervene in an American presidential election. It is not patriotic to cite Russian propaganda at rallies." Timothy Snyder https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33917107-on-tyranny

FN "Cadet Bone Spurs, as Illinois senator and Iraq war vet Tammy Duckworth called Trump,"

Peter1469
05-19-2019, 06:12 PM
That is why the smart tactic for the democrats is to talk impeachment of 'Cadet Bone Spurs' but continue to bring forth the reality of his idiocy and dishonesty. Do as Trump tool Barr does but do it honestly, show America what Trump is.

"What is patriotism? Let us begin with what patriotism is not. It is not patriotic to dodge the draft and to mock war heroes and their families. It is not patriotic to discriminate against active-duty members of the armed forces in one's companies, or to campaign to keep disabled veterans away from one's property. It is not patriotic to compare one's search for sexual partners in New York with the military service in Vietnam that one has dodged. It is not patriotic to avoid paying taxes, especially when American working families do pay. It is not patriotic to ask those working, taxpaying American families to finance one's own presidential campaign, and then to spend their contributions in one's own companies. It is not patriotic to admire foreign dictators. It is not patriotic to cultivate a relationship with Muammar Gaddafi; or to say that Bashar al-Assad and Vladimir Putin are superior leaders. It is not patriotic to call upon Russia to intervene in an American presidential election. It is not patriotic to cite Russian propaganda at rallies." Timothy Snyder https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33917107-on-tyranny

FN "Cadet Bone Spurs, as Illinois senator and Iraq war vet Tammy Duckworth called Trump,"
Extreme TDS.

stjames1_53
05-20-2019, 07:16 AM

you prove that TDS is incurable after two years, you still have the delusion that Trump will be impeached. That is all you liberals are using as a platform to run for offices.
"Vote for us. We hate Trump!" snicker

alexa
05-20-2019, 09:19 AM
Change the name from Trump to Obama and the hypocrites on the right would be out with pitchforks and torches.

lol

stjames1_53
05-20-2019, 09:20 AM
Change the name from Trump to Obama and the hypocrites on the right would be out with pitchforks and torches.

lol

weak and lame................Obama cannot run again, but Trump sure can

alexa
05-20-2019, 09:25 AM
weak and lame................Obama cannot run again, but Trump sure can

If Obama had tried to declare a national emergency as an end run around Congress for any reason, you'd wet yourself.

Trump Defense Syndrome. Sad.

MisterVeritis
05-20-2019, 09:47 AM
If Obama had tried to declare a national emergency as an end run around Congress for any reason, you'd wet yourself.

The difference is like night and day. Obama hated (and still does) this country and Real Americans. President Trump loves the people and the country.

The Democrats are the enemy. Democrats stand with this nation's enemies. Democrats are blocking effective actions to stop the invasion. What should happen to the Democrats?

Hoosier8
05-20-2019, 09:55 AM

Comments?

The whiners have been calling for impeachment from day one of the election. This is all about butt hurt and not actual issues.

alexa
05-20-2019, 10:07 AM
The difference is like night and day. Obama hated (and still does) this country and Real Americans. President Trump loves the people and the country.

The Democrats are the enemy. Democrats stand with this nation's enemies. Democrats are blocking effective actions to stop the invasion. What should happen to the Democrats?
They should be forced to listen to you with a straight face.

Collateral Damage
05-20-2019, 10:15 AM
The whiners have been calling for impeachment from day one of the election. This is all about butt hurt and not actual issues.

The investigations have all been about finding something to support the hope of impeachment... while not only do most people not understand what impeachment actual is, or does, but by some miraculous event, removes both Trump and Pence, but make Hillary POTUS.

While Trump is not on my Christmas card list, the Democrats are making fools of themselves continuing this garbage. They are actually alienating a great number of people and going to undermine themselves come 2020.

Safety
05-20-2019, 10:43 AM

Bullshit, the only difference is that Trump has an R behind his name, even knowing that he was a lifelong democrat, he will not be able do do any wrong in your or your ilk's eyes. He could declare himself president for life and you would eat it up like Michael Moore eats cake.

If there was anyone that was this nation's enemy, it would be those that think like you.

MisterVeritis
05-20-2019, 10:46 AM

They should be forced to listen to you with a straight face.
If Democrats were capable of listening they wouldn't be Democrats.

MMC
05-20-2019, 10:48 AM

Like Dennis Prager said....one doesn't fundamentally change what they like.

But then Leftists can never comprehend that shit. The Peeps stuttering confused them so that could be tricked as marks.

MisterVeritis
05-20-2019, 10:50 AM

Bullshit, the only difference is that Trump has an R behind his name, even knowing that he was a lifelong democrat, he will not be able do do any wrong in your or your ilk's eyes. He could declare himself president for life and you would eat it up like Michael Moore eats cake.

If all Democrats believed and acted in this nation's best interests I would be a Trump Democrat. Fortunately, Candidate Trump laid out a pro-American agenda and is fulfilling it. He has shown, through his actions that he supports and defends the nation and its Constitution.

If there was anyone that was this nation's enemy, it would be those that think like you.
No. It is you. It is your gang.

Safety
05-20-2019, 10:50 AM
The investigations have all been about finding something to support the hope of impeachment... while not only do most people not understand what impeachment actual is, or does, but by some miraculous event, removes both Trump and Pence, but make Hillary POTUS.

While Trump is not on my Christmas card list, the Democrats are making fools of themselves continuing this garbage. They are actually alienating a great umber of people and going to undermine themselves come 2020.

Gee, I don't know if I would call garbage something that resulted in four prison sentences and a shitload of guilty pleas. Then again, we are living in a "up is down and down is up" world now, because I would think an investigation like Benghazi and #emailgate that spanned two years with no convictions, no indictments, nor anybody going to jail, would be the one that an intelligent person would call garbage....

However, we all know that the real motivation behind those investigations were to do exactly what happened, do anything to prevent Clinton from being in office. So, when I see idiotic shit posted calling a legitimate investigation as "garbage" no less from those that tout themselves as the "law and order" party (at least that was what Trump's campaign rallies were saying) should be qualified as material proof enough to institutionalize someone.

Safety
05-20-2019, 10:53 AM

If all Democrats believed and acted in this nation's best interests I would be a Trump Democrat. Fortunately, Candidate Trump laid out a pro-American agenda and is fulfilling it. He has shown, through his actions that he supports and defends the nation and its Constitution.

If I ever wondered how someone could go along with the things Hitler did and still be considered a functional human, I don't have to go far to see it....

I believe in karma, and I just hope I'm around to see it applied firsthand.

Collateral Damage
05-20-2019, 11:31 AM
Gee, I don't know if I would call garbage something that resulted in four prison sentences and a $#@!load of guilty pleas. Then again, we are living in a "up is down and down is up" world now, because I would think an investigation like Benghazi and #emailgate that spanned two years with no convictions, no indictments, nor anybody going to jail, would be the one that an intelligent person would call garbage....
However, we all know that the real motivation behind those investigations were to do exactly what happened, do anything to prevent Clinton from being in office. So, when I see idiotic $#@! posted calling a legitimate investigation as "garbage" no less from those that tout themselves as the "law and order" party (at least that was what Trump's campaign rallies were saying) should be qualified as material proof enough to institutionalize someone.
Clarifying what those 'convictions' were for may change the premise you are trying to use..... If you've bothered to pay attention to all of the claims and basis for impeachment that are out there, you would understand why I call it all garbage. An investigation based on..... misrepresented and unverified 'report' is a little different than an actual event that cost American lives.

Trump is a twit, he's rude, crude and socially unacceptable IMO, but none of that is illegal as of this posting. Continuing to demand investigations to try and find something to hold up and say 'See?? See??' will likely be a unpaid parking ticket. Trump is not stupid, for all his arrogance.

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 11:45 AM

lol
Obama was the US president for eight years and that didn't happen then, so....

Safety
05-20-2019, 11:47 AM
Clarifying what those 'convictions' were for may change the premise you are trying to use..... If you've bothered to pay attention to all of the claims and basis for impeachment that are out there, you would understand why I call it all garbage. An investigation based on..... misrepresented and unverified 'report' is a little different than an actual event that cost American lives.

Trump is a twit, he's rude, crude and socially unacceptable IMO, but none of that is illegal as of this posting. Continuing to demand investigations to try and find something to hold up and say 'See?? See??' will likely be a unpaid parking ticket. Trump is not stupid, for all his arrogance.

So you are saying now that a crime, is not really a crime because you agree with the ideology of the person committing it? I mean, that is exactly what you posted.

Safety
05-20-2019, 11:50 AM
Obama was the US president for eight years and that didn't happen then, so....

That's because like usual, you and your ilk are all talk and no action.

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 11:58 AM
If I ever wondered how someone could go along with the things Hitler did and still be considered a functional human, I don't have to go far to see it....

The best way to prove that you are someone who should be dismissed is to drop the Hitler line.

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 11:59 AM

Was there talk of impeaching Obama?

Safety
05-20-2019, 12:00 PM
The best way to prove that you are someone who should be dismissed is to drop the Hitler line.

Does your definition of "dismissed" mean to follow someone around and nip at their ankles? Otherwise, it appears as if you are too ignorant to communicate efficiently.

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 12:04 PM
Once you throw out the Hitler line, you have demonstrated that you have no substantive argument to stand on. No amount of recycled snark can create a recovery from that.

Safety
05-20-2019, 12:05 PM
Was there talk of impeaching Obama?

In October 2010, prior to the elections in which Republicans won control of the House, Jonathan Chait published an article in The New Republic called "Scandal TBD" where he predicted that if Republicans were to win control of the House, and Barack Obama were to win re-election in 2012, the Republicans would try to impeach Obama and use any reason possible as pretext.

This must have been more of the uncanny phenomenon of you having memory loss or selective partisan hackery blinders.

Safety
05-20-2019, 12:06 PM
Once you throw out the Hitler line, you have demonstrated that you have no substantive argument to stand on. No amount of recycled snark can create a recovery from that.

Do the clouds answer when you yell at them like that?

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 12:07 PM

Do the clouds answer when you yell at them like that?

That doesn't work either.

Collateral Damage
05-20-2019, 12:08 PM
So you are saying now that a crime, is not really a crime because you agree with the ideology of the person committing it? I mean, that is exactly what you posted.

No, try reading what I actually posted.

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 12:09 PM
This must have been more of the uncanny phenomenon of you having memory loss or selective partisan hackery blinders.

The New Republic made a prediction which never happened. Cool.

since when did the New Republic become part of the legislative branch of government?

Captdon
05-20-2019, 12:34 PM

Comments?

Johnson was saved by one vote.(Profiles in Courage)

Nixon would have been convicted if he hadn't resigned. Goldwater went to him and told him there were 81 certain voted for removal. (Around at the time)

The Clinton impeachment was a joke. (Around for this one too)

Captdon
05-20-2019, 12:36 PM

lol

They had control of the House and no impeachment was even attempted. Read a book,

Captdon
05-20-2019, 12:38 PM
if obama had tried to declare a national emergency as an end run around congress for any reason, you'd wet yourself.

Trump defense syndrome. Sad.

D A C A

Short term memory loss is a bitch, I bet.

stjames1_53
05-20-2019, 12:39 PM
Bull$#@!, the only difference is that Trump has an R behind his name, even knowing that he was a lifelong democrat, he will not be able do do any wrong in your or your ilk's eyes. He could declare himself president for life and you would eat it up like Michael Moore eats cake.

since you seem pretty sure that Trump is a democrat, why do you have issues with that? He is, after all and according to you, to be one of you.

Captdon
05-20-2019, 12:42 PM
Bull$#@!, the only difference is that Trump has an R behind his name, even knowing that he was a lifelong democrat, he will not be able do do any wrong in your or your ilk's eyes. He could declare himself president for life and you would eat it up like Michael Moore eats cake.

All you do is bitch about him but that's okay to your ilk. You're two-faced and you shouldn't wear this out in public.

Captdon
05-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Gee, I don't know if I would call garbage something that resulted in four prison sentences and a $#@!load of guilty pleas. Then again, we are living in a "up is down and down is up" world now, because I would think an investigation like Benghazi and #emailgate that spanned two years with no convictions, no indictments, nor anybody going to jail, would be the one that an intelligent person would call garbage....

However, we all know that the real motivation behind those investigations were to do exactly what happened, do anything to prevent Clinton from being in office. So, when I see idiotic $#@! posted calling a legitimate investigation as "garbage" no less from those that tout themselves as the "law and order" party (at least that was what Trump's campaign rallies were saying) should be qualified as material proof enough to institutionalize someone.

Enjoy the moment. Barr is going after the real criminals. Then you have to change your Depends more often.

Captdon
05-20-2019, 12:47 PM

Action put Trump in the WH and Hildsbeast in the woods with all the other critters.

Captdon
05-20-2019, 12:49 PM
Does your definition of "dismissed" mean to follow someone around and nip at their ankles? Otherwise, it appears as if you are too ignorant to communicate efficiently.

Now, there's the Safety so many laugh at. You can't argue so you snark. You are not good at it but you do try. Bite my ankles about this. Trinn was right.

MisterVeritis
05-20-2019, 01:01 PM
he Democrats are the enemy. Democrats stand with this nation's enemies. Democrats are blocking effective actions to stop the invasion. What should happen to the Democrats?

Hitler was your team.

If karma is true you will be present when it destroys you.

Abby08
05-20-2019, 01:05 PM
Why do Democrats keep making reference to Republicans screaming at the clouds? Aren't they the ones who did that, when Trump won?

I think, they even had, cloud screaming workshops, for the poor triggered Dems, who couldn't except the election results?

MisterVeritis
05-20-2019, 01:09 PM
In October 2010, prior to the elections in which Republicans won control of the House, Jonathan Chait published an article in The New Republic called "Scandal TBD" where he predicted that if Republicans were to win control of the House, and Barack Obama were to win re-election in 2012, the Republicans would try to impeach Obama and use any reason possible as pretext.

Is this the sort of headline one would write as a Conservative Republican?

I Wrote an Article Suggesting Trump Was Compromised by Russia. I Was Right.If you have any close friends ask them if they believe you are a kook.

alexa
05-20-2019, 01:14 PM
D A C A

Short term memory loss is a $#@!, I bet.
I imagine it is, let me know when you remember.

Then you can list the monies that Obama misappropriated from the Defense Dept. to enable DACA and link the text to the declaration of emergency that brought DACA about.

lol

alexa
05-20-2019, 01:15 PM
Why do Democrats keep making reference to Republicans screaming at the clouds? Aren't they the ones who did that, when Trump won?

I think, they even had, cloud screaming workshops, for the poor triggered Dems, who couldn't except the election results?
Keep thinking.

Safety
05-20-2019, 01:19 PM
he Democrats are the enemy. Democrats stand with this nation's enemies. Democrats are blocking effective actions to stop the invasion. What should happen to the Democrats?

Hitler was your team.

If karma is true you will be present when it destroys you.

Let's think about this as if you have a positive number IQ....most intelligent people find what Hitler did: rounded up all the Jews, invoked a "paper's please" authoritarian system, based his persecution upon an ethnicity...about as despicable as a human can get. Now, based solely on posts here at tPF...which one of us is on record for saying stupid shit like "shoot them at the border", "invasion", "round them up", "they are diseased, dumb, poor", "they are rapists"....?

Yea, that would be you and your ilk. So, please don't try to whitewash history because you keep finding yourself on the wrong side of it.

Safety
05-20-2019, 01:20 PM
Keep thinking.

Please don't encourage them to do that, none of them have shown the ability to undertake that action. It will just frustrate them into being more annoying than they currently are.

alexa
05-20-2019, 01:23 PM
Please don't encourage them to do that, none of them have shown the ability to undertake that action. It will just frustrate them into being more annoying than they currently are.

They're not annoying; they're an endless source of entertainment.

Safety
05-20-2019, 01:41 PM

I Wrote an Article Suggesting Trump Was Compromised by Russia. I Was Right.If you have any close friends ask them if they believe you are a kook.I did, they told me to ask you if you have a history of strokes.

MisterVeritis
05-20-2019, 01:41 PM
Let's think about this as if you have a positive number IQ....most intelligent people find what Hitler did: rounded up all the Jews, invoked a "paper's please" authoritarian system, based his persecution upon an ethnicity...about as despicable as a human can get. Now, based solely on posts here at tPF...which one of us is on record for saying stupid shit like "shoot them at the border", "invasion", "round them up", "they are diseased, dumb, poor", "they are rapists"....?

Yea, that would be you and your ilk. So, please don't try to whitewash history because you keep finding yourself on the wrong side of it.
Let's see. Who has supported this nation's enemies including the invasion? Democrats.

And evil Hitler? He was an early member of your team.

MisterVeritis
05-20-2019, 01:44 PM

I Wrote an Article Suggesting Trump Was Compromised by Russia. I Was Right.

If you have any close friends ask them if they believe you are a kook.

I did, they told me to ask you if you have a history of strokes.
This is fascinating. You believe someone as goofy as you writing about his fantasy of Republicans impeaching Obama, something that did not happen, represents the House Republican views.

This is goofy stuff, even for you.

Lummy
05-20-2019, 02:00 PM
Now, based solely on posts here at tPF...which one of us is on record for saying stupid $#@! like "shoot them at the border", "invasion", "round them up", "they are diseased, dumb, poor", "they are rapists"....?

A certain, extra special ethnicity seems to be on the wrong side of the law a disproportionately large number of times, and statistics prove this out. It isn't anyone's fault but their own. No pity, no favors, no money, no nothing for you.

Safety
05-20-2019, 02:08 PM
A certain, extra special ethnicity seems to be on the wrong side of the law a disproportionately large number of times, and statistics prove this out. It isn't anyone's fault but their own. No pity, no favors, no money, no nothing for you.Cool story, bro. Make sure you look under your bed at night.

Safety
05-20-2019, 02:09 PM

I Wrote an Article Suggesting Trump Was Compromised by Russia. I Was Right.

If you have any close friends ask them if they believe you are a kook.

This is fascinating. You believe someone as goofy as you writing about his fantasy of Republicans impeaching Obama, something that did not happen, represents the House Republican views.

This is goofy stuff, even for you.I must be in good company then.

Safety
05-20-2019, 02:10 PM
Let's see. Who has supported this nation's enemies including the invasion? Democrats.

And evil Hitler? He was an early member of your team.When all else fails, continue talking as if you are saying something...

Lummy
05-20-2019, 02:10 PM
Cool story, bro. Make sure you look under your bed at night.

Is that a threat?

Lummy
05-20-2019, 02:11 PM
I must be in good company then.
You are in good company. Unfortunately, we are not.

Safety
05-20-2019, 02:17 PM
Is that a threat?Is that an intelligent question?

Safety
05-20-2019, 02:18 PM
You are in good company. Unfortunately, we are not.Who is holding a gun to your head making you stay?

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 02:20 PM
Now show me where the congress was considering the impeachment of Obama.

Safety
05-20-2019, 02:27 PM
Now show me where the congress was considering the impeachment of Obama.In 2010, Rep. Darrell Issa said Obama*could face impeachment*after Rep. Joe Sestak claimed the White House offered him a job to prevent him from challenging Arlen Specter in a primary.

In 2011, Rep. Michael Burgess*told a local Tea Party group*that Obama's impeachment "needs to happen," without specifying why.

In 2012, Sen. Jon Kyl said*"impeachment is always a possibility"*over Obama's immigration policies.

Last May, Rep. Jason Chaffetz said he was not pushing for impeachment, but didn't rule out that Obama*could be kicked out of office*over the Benghazi affair.

In 2013, Sen. Tom Coburn*told the audience*at a town-hall meeting that Obama was getting "perilously close" to qualifying for impeachment. Coburn's fellow Oklahoma senator, James Inhofe,*agreed.

In 2013,*Rep. Kerry Bentivolio said*his legislative dream would be to impeach Obama.

During the debt-ceiling crisis, Rep. Louie Gohmert*told an interviewer*that defaulting on the U.S. government's debt would be an "impeachable offense."

While Sen. Ted Cruz has demurred on calls for Obama's impeachment in the past, but has called it*"a good question"and*"a question for the House to assess."

Any more deflections you want to cast?

Lummy
05-20-2019, 02:32 PM
Who is holding a gun to your head making you stay?

:yap:

Lummy
05-20-2019, 02:36 PM
Last May, Rep. Jason Chaffetz said he was not pushing for impeachment, but didn't rule out that Obama*could be kicked out of office*over the Benghazi affair.

He should have been impeached, removed from office and thrown in prison, along with Hillary, for Benghazi.

pjohns
05-20-2019, 02:36 PM
It is not patriotic to avoid paying taxes, especially when American working families do pay.

I think that someone here may be confusing tax evasion with mere tax avoidance.

I am not at all sure that either has anything to do with patriotism.

But the former is illegal--and dishonest.

The latter is entirely legal--and the intelligent thing to do, it seems to me.

It is not patriotic to call upon Russia to intervene in an American presidential election.

No, it certainly is not.

But just what evidence do you have that this is something that Donald Trump did, anyway?

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 02:37 PM
In 2010, Rep. Darrell Issa said Obama*could face impeachment*after Rep. Joe Sestak claimed the White House offered him a job to prevent him from challenging Arlen Specter in a primary.

In 2011, Rep. Michael Burgess*told a local Tea Party group*that Obama's impeachment "needs to happen," without specifying why.

In 2012, Sen. Jon Kyl said*"impeachment is always a possibility"*over Obama's immigration policies.

In 2013, Sen. Tom Coburn*told the audience*at a town-hall meeting that Obama was getting "perilously close" to qualifying for impeachment. Coburn's fellow Oklahoma senator, James Inhofe,*agreed.

In 2013,*Rep. Kerry Bentivolio said*his legislative dream would be to impeach Obama.

During the debt-ceiling crisis, Rep. Louie Gohmert*told an interviewer*that defaulting on the U.S. government's debt would be an "impeachable offense."

While Sen. Ted Cruz has demurred on calls for Obama's impeachment in the past, but has called it*"a good question"and*"a question for the House to assess."

Any more deflections you want to cast?
There was never a time the congress was actively beating the impeachment drum during Obama's eight years. Never.

Answering a question asked by a partisan looking to make news isn't a good example.

pjohns
05-20-2019, 02:38 PM

Perhaps you would like to cite some evidence here?

Or is it sufficient for you to merely throw out some bile, with nothing to back it up?

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 02:40 PM

Gibberish.

pjohns
05-20-2019, 02:44 PM
while not only do most people not understand what impeachment actual is, or does, but by some miraculous event, removes both Trump and Pence, but make Hillary POTUS.

I will not pretend to be any expert on the matter; but it is my understanding that if Trump were impeached by the House (a possibility), and then convicted by the Senate (not a serious possibility), that would make Mike Pence president--with the Speaker of the House next in line.

pjohns
05-20-2019, 02:51 PM

Although this post was not directed at me, personally, I think that it deserves a response.

Those who despise Donald Trump also despise those of us who voted for him, over The Anointed One (a.k.a. Hillary Clinton).

They think of us as mere marionettes, unable (or, at least, unwilling) to think for ourselves.

In other words, they have it all figured out: Trump voters (and his supporters) must be rednecks, with IQs of, oh, roughly 85, on average.

The seething hatred of the anti-Trumpers--the "Resistance"--is really not a pretty thing...

pjohns
05-20-2019, 02:55 PM

That is precisely my own view!

pjohns
05-20-2019, 03:05 PM
Please don't encourage them to [keep thinking].
More snark.

It would really be nice if those on the left would begin to engage in civil (and intelligent) discussion...

pjohns
05-20-2019, 03:06 PM
I did, they told me to ask you if you have a history of strokes.

And still more snark...

Ethereal
05-20-2019, 03:07 PM
More snark.

It would really be nice if those on the left would begin to engage in civil (and intelligent) discussion...

What right does a Trump supporter have to lecture others on civility and intelligence?

pjohns
05-20-2019, 03:07 PM
Cool story, bro. Make sure you look under your bed at night.

And even more snark...

pjohns
05-20-2019, 03:12 PM
"[L]ast May"?

As I recall, last May, Barack Obama was not president--Donald Trump was--and Jason Chaffetz was no longer a representative from Utah.

Or did you just do the copy-and-paste thing, from an old periodical?

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 03:22 PM
I will not pretend to be any expert on the matter; but it is my understanding that if Trump were impeached by the House (a possibility), and then convicted by the Senate (not a serious possibility), that would make Mike Pence president--with the Speaker of the House next in line.
If the president was removed from office, the VP would indeed be sworn in as POTUS and then he would appoint or nominate a VP to take his place. This nomination would need congressional or senate confirmation.

Look back to Gerald Ford's actions after he took over for Nixon. Also, LBJ after the Kennedy assassination

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 03:27 PM
"[L]ast May"?

As I recall, last May, Barack Obama was not president--Donald Trump was--and Jason Chaffetz was no longer a representative from Utah.

Or did you just do the copy-and-paste thing, from an old periodical?

The fact is, you did not see this impeachment garbage floated about when Obama was POTUS. Not even after the corruption of his two AG's and various agencies was made public.

alexa
05-20-2019, 03:44 PM
I think that someone here may be confusing tax evasion with mere tax avoidance.

I am not at all sure that either has anything to do with patriotism.

But the former is illegal--and dishonest.

The latter is entirely legal--and the intelligent thing to do, it seems to me.

No, it certainly is not.

But just what evidence do you have that this is something that Donald Trump did, anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b71f2eYdTc

I tried to find a video of Trump condemning Russian interference, but oddly, none seems to exist.

Peter1469
05-20-2019, 03:58 PM

He did- to send aid to Ukraine. Nobody wet the bed over it. Or even cared.

Safety
05-20-2019, 04:06 PM
More snark.

It would really be nice if those on the left would begin to engage in civil (and intelligent) discussion...When you chastise your fellow ideologues for the same snark, I will give a crap about your virtue signaling.
And still more snark...Same as above.
And even more snark...And even more the same as above.
"[L]ast May"?

Or did you just do the copy-and-paste thing, from an old periodical?So, you see several examples where the year is displayed, and it is ranging from 2010-2013, yet you are not bright enough to conclude the other examples would be during the Obama administration? That is just sad, and even more pathetic is the ones that thanked your post.

Sergeant Gleed
05-20-2019, 04:14 PM
The fact is, you did not see this impeachment garbage floated about when Obama was POTUS. Not even after the corruption of his two AG's and various agencies was made public.
They didn't even try to impeach Dick Holder

Sergeant Gleed
05-20-2019, 04:16 PM
If the president was removed from office, the VP would indeed be sworn in as POTUS and then he would appoint or nominate a VP to take his place. This nomination would need congressional or senate confirmation.

Look back to Gerald Ford's acyptions after he took over for Nixon.

With less than two years to go in the term there probably would not be a VP nomination.

And Nancy Pelosi would not be allowed in the White House kitchrn.

MisterVeritis
05-20-2019, 04:24 PM
Gee, I don't know if I would call garbage something that resulted in four prison sentences and a shitload of guilty pleas.
Did any involve collusion or obstruction? Were any related to the Trump campaign?

Mueller ruined six people. The Dirty Cop and his henchman did it because they could.

MisterVeritis
05-20-2019, 04:28 PM
You believe someone as goofy as you writing about his fantasy of Republicans impeaching Obama, something that did not happen, represents the House Republican views.

I must be in good company then.
You are out of gas...

MisterVeritis
05-20-2019, 04:30 PM
Who has supported this nation's enemies including the invasion? Democrats.

And evil Hitler? He was an early member of your team.

When all else fails, continue talking as if you are saying something...
Uh-huh.

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 04:40 PM
With less than two years to go in the term there probably would not be a VP nomination.

And Nancy Pelosi would not be allowed in the White House kitchrn.
There would be a VP nomination.

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 04:46 PM

Facts generally expose partisan dolts.

MMC
05-20-2019, 05:26 PM
You believe someone as goofy as you writing about his fantasy of Republicans impeaching Obama, something that did not happen, represents the House Republican views.

You are out of gas...

Are you saying the smart powers have a duration for a small limited amount of time? LMAO.

Now why isn't that surprising. LOL

Safety
05-20-2019, 05:34 PM

You are out of gas...

No worries, you have enough for all of us.

MisterVeritis
05-20-2019, 05:41 PM
No worries, you have enough for all of us.
Given that you are a leftist perhaps I should have realized you are coal powered.

Abby08
05-20-2019, 06:03 PM
Keep thinking.

Start, thinking.

alexa
05-20-2019, 06:04 PM
He declared an emergency on March 6 and Congress appropriated money on March 27.

That's not the case here, not that I expect a Trumpswab to admit it.

alexa
05-20-2019, 06:05 PM
Start, thinking.
Learn grammar.

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Learn grammar.

Try not to be a troll.

Safety
05-20-2019, 06:18 PM
Try not to be a troll.

Try not to be a Tahuyaman.

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 06:42 PM
Try not to be a Tahuyaman.
Theres No reason to believe that you will ever try to contribute anything of value to any discussion.

Captdon
05-20-2019, 06:49 PM
I imagine it is, let me know when you remember.

Then you can list the monies that Obama misappropriated from the Defense Dept. to enable DACA and link the text to the declaration of emergency that brought DACA about.

lol

Deflection. DACA was a run around the Congress. Okay, you don't have short term memory loss. That would leave lying. Let me know which one it was.

Captdon
05-20-2019, 06:55 PM
When all else fails, continue talking as if you are saying something...

No, you do that. I wouldn't do anything you'd do. That's why I write intelligent responses instead of the g junk you write.

Captdon
05-20-2019, 06:58 PM
What right does a Trump supporter have to lecture others on civility and intelligence?

Because we are allowed to speak the truth.

Captdon
05-20-2019, 06:59 PM
And even more snark...

Man,it's all he has. He isn't intellectually able to do much more.

Captdon
05-20-2019, 07:02 PM
When you chastise your fellow ideologues for the same snark, I will give a crap about your virtue signaling.Same as above. And even more the same as above. So, you see several examples where the year is displayed, and it is ranging from 2010-2013, yet you are not bright enough to conclude the other examples would be during the Obama administration? That is just sad, and even more pathetic is the ones that thanked your post.

You said last May. Not a sign of intelligence.

Abby08
05-20-2019, 07:07 PM
Man,it's all he has. He isn't intellectually able to do much more.

He and his little buddy, alexa.

Safety
05-20-2019, 07:19 PM
It must be feeding time...

Safety
05-20-2019, 07:20 PM
No, you do that. I wouldn't do anything you'd do. That's why I write intelligent responses instead of the g junk you write.

Did you move your box to a new corner?

Safety
05-20-2019, 07:22 PM
You said last May. Not a sign of intelligence.

Intelligence is not something you are familiar with, no wonder you miss the signs.

Tahuyaman
05-20-2019, 08:40 PM
Safety and alexa are trying to drive out everyone who disagrees with the liberal hack view.

MisterVeritis
05-20-2019, 09:59 PM
Safety and alexa are trying to drive out everyone who disagrees with the liberal hack view.
Safety lacks talent. Alexa is a troll.

Jeb!
05-20-2019, 10:18 PM

Comments?
The inpeech fotey-figh imbeciles have this strange fixation on Nixon, who was never impeached, but never mention Bill Clinton, who actually was impeached. Weird.

MMC
05-21-2019, 08:58 AM

Its funny in another thread he said.....the posting was about him. And yet here he is making it about someone other than the topic. :laugh:

Safety
05-21-2019, 09:46 AM

Its funny in another thread he said.....the posting was about him. And yet here he is making it about someone other than the topic. :laugh:

:roflmao:

Tahuyaman
05-21-2019, 11:23 AM
This might be the first time in history a political party stood for impeaching a president just because he won an election he was supposed to lose in a landslide. That combined with him being a political outsider and that just can't be tolerated.

MisterVeritis
05-21-2019, 11:27 AM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MisterVeritis http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=2607448#post2607448)

:roflmao:
Awesome. Thank you for your kind consideration.

pjohns
05-21-2019, 04:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b71f2eYdTc

I tried to find a video of Trump condemning Russian interference, but oddly, none seems to exist.

Your source--the BBC--leans appreciably to the left.

Would you be okay with my quoting Fox News, or would you consider that to be a bit less than neutral?

Standing Wolf
05-21-2019, 04:24 PM

Thanks for the laugh, T. Most of the threads I have opened so far this week have consisted of seven or eight Rightist forum members falling all over themselves trying to outdo one another with the derisive insults and hyperbolic descriptions of "leftists" and "Democrats". Yet when a member with an alternative perspective pops their head in, you say they are guilty of "trying to drive out everyone" who disagrees with them...? That's funny.

Standing Wolf
05-21-2019, 04:26 PM

Would you be okay with my quoting Fox News, or would you consider that to be a bit less than neutral?

Do you think the BBC created a fake video of Trump speaking?

My god, this place just gets dumber by the hour.

pjohns
05-21-2019, 04:28 PM
When you chastise your fellow ideologues for the same snark, I will give a crap about your virtue signaling.
I am not "signaling" any special "virtue." I am merely calling for civility and intelligence in our discussions.

Or do you believe, perhaps, that these are now anachronistic?

Tahuyaman
05-21-2019, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the laugh, T. Most of the threads I have opened so far this week have consisted of seven or eight Rightist forum members falling all over themselves trying to outdo one another with the derisive insults and hyperbolic descriptions of "leftists" and "Democrats". Yet when a member with an alternative perspective pops their head in, you say they are guilty of "trying to drive out everyone" who disagrees with them...? That's funny.
Whatever...

Tahuyaman
05-21-2019, 04:44 PM
Do you think the BBC created a fake video of Trump speaking?

My god, this place just gets dumber by the hour.
What was wrong with what he said. It was a description of what could have and probably happened because of Mrs. Clinton's careless and criminal handling of classified data and the willful destruction of evidence.

Standing Wolf
05-21-2019, 04:53 PM
What was wrong with what he said. It was a description of what could have and probably happened because of Mrs. Clinton's careless and criminal handling of classified data and the willful destruction of evidence.

I happen to remember when this happened, T, and people - not just Liberals, but the intelligence community, U.S. military leaders, etc. - were aghast. A Presidential candidate inviting the Russians to engage in computer hacking. Not in so many words...in those words.

MisterVeritis
05-21-2019, 05:01 PM
I happen to remember when this happened, T, and people - not just Liberals, but the intelligence community, U.S. military leaders, etc. - were aghast. A Presidential candidate inviting the Russians to engage in computer hacking. Not in so many words...in those words.
In my opinion this is an idiotic comment.

Standing Wolf
05-21-2019, 05:12 PM
In my opinion this is an idiotic comment.

Of course you do. I'll consider the source of the criticism.

Tahuyaman
05-21-2019, 05:13 PM

Rational people laughed. It was viewed as a joke. The only people who were aghast were those who are aghast about a ything and everything Trump.

Most People already believed that her email server had been compromised already by Russia, China, Iran and probably North Korea.

MisterVeritis
05-21-2019, 08:20 PM
Of course you do. I'll consider the source of the criticism.
If you did consider the source you would change your statement.

suds00
05-22-2019, 11:36 AM
trump is asking for it.eventually maybe he'll get it.

suds00
05-22-2019, 11:39 AM
This might be the first time in history a political party stood for impeaching a president just because he won an election he was supposed to lose in a landslide. That combined with him being a political outsider and that just can't be tolerated.what a bunch of[insert word here]

alexa
05-22-2019, 12:00 PM

So you're saying the video is phony?

Okay. Is C-Span acceptable? How is posting a video "quoting" a source?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kxG8uJUsWU

Safety
05-22-2019, 12:14 PM

Can't please everyone, especially those with myopic vision.

stjames1_53
05-22-2019, 12:26 PM
what a bunch of[insert word here]

instead of insulting, prove him wrong

Captdon
05-22-2019, 02:57 PM
I am not "signaling" any special "virtue." I am merely calling for civility and intelligence in our discussions.

Or do you believe, perhaps, that these are now anachronistic?

They are beyond his talent.

Captdon
05-22-2019, 03:02 PM

It was not a serious comment. Only liberals thought it did.Military officers rarely speak out. No one one except the intelligence agencies and liberals were aghast. It was only Obama people making a fuss.

Captdon
05-22-2019, 03:04 PM

Next Friday.

Tahuyaman
05-22-2019, 03:08 PM
instead of insulting, prove him wrong
He can't. When he does, it will be a first.

pjohns
05-22-2019, 03:25 PM

And what, precisely, is "it"? (You never did specify.)

pjohns
05-22-2019, 03:38 PM
Of course not.

That seems like a rather odd conclusion for you to have jumped to.

The video, as regarding which I was commenting, said the following:

"Donald Trump 'encourages R..."

I am guessing that the full text--which was never shown--was that President Trump has encouraged "Russian interference in our elections."

If that is indeed the case, then the video never made a case for it...

Tahuyaman
05-22-2019, 04:16 PM
No one argued that the video was fake. Rational people just refute the whacky liberal spin.

Tahuyaman
05-22-2019, 05:12 PM
This desire to impeach Trump is a product of TDS. It's origins go back to election night when liberals on CNN were literally crying and the MSNBC crew was expressing extreme anger claiming America is now NAZI Germany.

It's never gotten any better and it's only going to get worse. When impeachment fails to remove him from office, I would not be surprised if Democrats call for an armed coup. That's the logical next step.

pjohns
05-23-2019, 06:56 PM
When impeachment fails to remove him from office, I would not be surprised if Democrats call for an armed coup. That's the logical next step.

Impeachment, by itself, is necessary, but not sufficient, to remove a president from office. It would need to be confirmed by the Senate--which would simply never happen.

An armed coup is (sadly) possible. But such a step would (1) fly in the face of roughly half the country; and (2) even worse, perhaps, destroy American democracy.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2019, 07:12 PM
Impeachment, by itself, is necessary, but not sufficient, to remove a president from office. It would need to be confirmed by the Senate--which would simply never happen.

An armed coup is (sadly) possible. But such a step would (1) fly in the face of roughly half the country; and (2) even worse, perhaps, destroy American democracy.
I believe that there are many on the left who don't care if they destroy American democracy. I think in many cases that's their goal They believe American democracy is evil, sexist, homophobic and racist in nature.

An armed coup would absolutely destroy our democratic form of government How would that new leader be replaced? Only through another armed coup.

Don29palms
05-23-2019, 08:03 PM
I believe that there are many on the left who don't care if they destroy American democracy. I think in many cases that's their goal They believe American democracy is evil, sexist, homophobic and racist in nature.

An armed coup would absolutely destroy our democratic form of government How would that new leader be replaced? Only through another armed coup.

An armed coup by who? The military won't fight against the people unless it's to protect the president.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2019, 08:20 PM
An armed coup by who? The military won't fight against the people unless it's to protect the president.

I said that I wouldn't be surprised if the Democrats call for the military to conduct a coup when their impeachment effort fails. I didn't say that would happen.