PDA

View Full Version : Democrats, the party of abortion

Chris
05-26-2019, 10:05 AM
True, even if slightly exaggerated.

Democrats, the party of abortion (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/democrats-the-party-of-abortion)

Democrats are not primarily driven to defend workers, equality, the environment, the poor, the elderly, or any of the other things they often claim they’re fighting for. They are, above all else, defenders of abortion on demand.

The Democratic Party is, bluntly, an arm of the abortion lobby.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, which oversees party efforts to win House elections, last week announced that it was canceling a fundraiser for Rep. Dan Lipinski of Illinois.

Lipinski once again faces a primary challenge based on the single issue of abortion. He is the last anti-abortion congressman in the party. The abortion lobby fell just short in a primary challenge to him last year, and now they’re making a second run at the ideological cleansing of their caucus.

...Planned Parenthood, NARAL Pro-Choice America, and EMILY’s List want Lipinski ejected, and Democrats are acting on marching orders from those groups.

...Consider all the Democratic politicians calling for boycotts of Alabama for passing a bill to outlaw most abortions. This isn’t merely a concerted push advocated by the abortion lobby, but is literally scripted by the abortion lobby.

...Democrats say a lot of things (almost anything, in fact) and stand for a lot of things. But ultimately they have only one irreducible ideal, and that is abortion. The party is the political arm of the abortion industry. So much for standing up for the little guy.

gamewell45
05-26-2019, 10:15 AM
True, even if slightly exaggerated.

Democrats, the party of abortion (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/democrats-the-party-of-abortion)

I would say that is pretty accurate. I'd like to add that both parties are extensions of various interests; As an example it was mentioned the democrats are an arm of the Abortion lobby. At the same time one could argue the republicans are an arm of the gun lobby.

While some people don't believe in abortion and some done't believe in gun ownership, both sides live with it and work to maintain what they feel is in their best interests.

Chris
05-26-2019, 10:42 AM
I would say that is pretty accurate. I'd like to add that both parties are extensions of various interests; As an example it was mentioned the democrats are an arm of the Abortion lobby. At the same time one could argue the republicans are an arm of the gun lobby.

While some people don't believe in abortion and some done't believe in gun ownership, both sides live with it and work to maintain what they feel is in their best interests.

I can agree that a focus of the Reps is guns but not the main focus and that focus supports gun owners in both parties.

gamewell45
05-26-2019, 10:52 AM
I can agree that a focus of the Reps is guns but not the main focus and that focus supports gun owners in both parties.

I would agree with that.

MMC
05-26-2019, 02:09 PM

Guns work against ghouls. Abortion doesn't. :tongue: