PDA

View Full Version : De Blasio wants teens charged with robbery, assault freed without bail

Common
05-28-2019, 07:03 AM
De Blasio wants teens charged with robbery, assault freed without bail
Do you agree with this or Not

Mayor Bill de Blasio hopes to “more than triple” the number of teens who are released from city jails with no bail on charges as serious as armed robbery, assault and burglary, The Post has learned.

New guidelines from the Mayor’s Office of Criminal Justice will also “significantly” expand the number of adults eligible for de Blasio’s no-bail Supervised Release Program, according to a memo sent to top city judges this month and obtained by The Post.

The policy changes — which take effect on Saturday — will let defendants between ages 16 and 19 qualify for the program’s Youth Engagement Track, which is now capped at age 17, except in Brooklyn.

It primarily covers “high-risk” teens charged with misdemeanors or nonviolent felonies but will be expanded to include first- and second-degree robbery, assault and burglary.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/27/de-blasio-wants-over-three-times-more-teen-criminals-freed-without-bail/

stjames1_53
05-28-2019, 07:18 AM
this has the propensity to bite NYC in the ass..................

EvilCat Breath
05-28-2019, 09:40 AM
He's legalizing the polar bear hunting game. Don't you want black teens to have fun?

The Xl
05-28-2019, 10:38 AM
That's pretty nuts. I get and support easing up on nonsensical "crimes" but assault and armed robbery aren't that.

Sergeant Gleed
05-28-2019, 10:54 AM
I think it's an absolutely awesome idea for all the liberals in New York City to have all the teens that Rob and steal to be let go without bail. There's nothing better for Rodents than to live in the shithole they are trying to force everyone else to live in.

Sergeant Gleed
05-28-2019, 10:56 AM
this has the propensity to bite NYC in the ass..................

Ain't it great?

I hope he gets what he wants.

A disarmed city with wild primates attacking everyone in sight.

Tahuyaman
05-28-2019, 10:58 AM
Is De Blasio the worst Mayor NYC has ever had? I'd be interested in hearing the views of New Yorkers.

gamewell45
05-28-2019, 11:05 AM
Is De Blasio the worst Mayor NYC has ever had? I'd be interested in hearing the views of New Yorkers.

I personally think he's a knucklehead, but I don't care since I don't live or travel to NYC, but food for thought, he's on his second term as Mayor so obviously he's doing something right in the eyes of the residents of the city.

Cannons Front
05-28-2019, 11:08 AM
This plan should help his presidential run....

Tahuyaman
05-28-2019, 11:29 AM
I personally think he's a knucklehead, but I don't care since I don't live or travel to NYC, but food for thought, he's on his second term as Mayor so obviously he's doing something right in the eyes of the residents of the city.
Has any NYC mayor not been reelected? Again, I'd like to hear the views of those who actually live in NYC.

Tahuyaman
05-28-2019, 11:31 AM
This plan should help his presidential run....
Help it what? Crash and burn?

As if he had a chance in the first place.

Cannons Front
05-28-2019, 11:54 AM
Help it what? Crash and burn?
As if he had a chance in the first place.
It was intended as sarcasm. I think he has between little and no chance at all, his run will be short I think he will not make it to the first primary vote.

Tahuyaman
05-28-2019, 11:59 AM
It was intended as sarcasm. I think he has between little and no chance at all, his run will be short I think he will not make it to the first primary vote.

There are 20+ Democrats running. How many of them register 0 to 1% support?

Don29palms
05-28-2019, 12:00 PM
If you're a criminal move to NYC then you'll have a job.

Sergeant Gleed
05-28-2019, 12:52 PM
Has any NYC mayor not been reelected? Again, I'd like to hear the views of those who actually live in NYC.
That's not what's important.

What is important, and something g that DeBlasio is not going to change, is thst no mayor of New York City has, as far as I know, ever been elected to a higher office after msyor-hood.

Giuliani came closest, but no cigar.

At least, this is what I've read, certainly feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, I'd like to know.

Tahuyaman
05-28-2019, 01:03 PM
That's not what's important.

What is important, and something g that DeBlasio is not going to change, is thst no mayor of New York City has, as far as I know, ever been elected to a higher office after msyor-hood.

Giuliani came closest, but no cigar.

At least, this is what I've read, certainly feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, I'd like to know.
I believe some have gone on to become governor of NY.