PDA

View Full Version : Trump to impose Tarrifs on Mexican Goods

exotix
05-31-2019, 05:13 AM
Today

More Trump taxing you to Death because of his ignorant personal hatreds

Trump Says U.S. Will Hit Mexico With 5% Tariffs on All Goods

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&ei=Xv3wXOy1N8ja5gLzorngAQ&q=Trump+to+impose+Tarrifs+on+Mexican+Goods&oq=Trump+to+impose+Tarrifs+on+Mexican+Goods&gs_l=psy-ab.12...2042.2042..3543...0.0..0.94.183.2......0.. ..2j1..gws-wiz.....0.yu1Menq10ZY

President Trump said Thursday that he would impose a 5 percent tariff on all imported goods from Mexico beginning June 10, a tax that would “gradually increase” until the flow of undocumented immigrants across the border stopped.

https://res.cloudinary.com/luvckye9s/image/upload/v1559297585/9_yhwpul.png

stjames1_53
05-31-2019, 06:21 AM
Trump said he would get Mexico to pay for the wall........................and you've got an issue with that. Better to buy American, isn't it?

alexa
05-31-2019, 06:25 AM
Today

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&ei=Xv3wXOy1N8ja5gLzorngAQ&q=Trump+to+impose+Tarrifs+on+Mexican+Goods&oq=Trump+to+impose+Tarrifs+on+Mexican+Goods&gs_l=psy-ab.12...2042.2042..3543...0.0..0.94.183.2......0.. ..2j1..gws-wiz.....0.yu1Menq10ZY

President Trump said Thursday that he would impose a 5 percent tariff on all imported goods from Mexico beginning June 10, a tax that would “gradually increase” until the flow of undocumented immigrants across the border stopped.

The idiots who vote for him will claim this is Mexico paying for the wall. :rofl:

alexa
05-31-2019, 06:37 AM
The economic consequences of Trump’s new plan could be swift and severe. Tariffs are paid by companies that import products, so U.S. firms would pay the import penalties and then likely pass some costs along to consumers. Mexico exported $346.5 billion in goods to the United States last year, from vehicles to fruits and vegetables. And many manufactured items cross the border several times as they are being assembled.

White House officials did not immediately explain how driving up the cost of Mexican goods might stem the flow of migrants. If the tariffs damaged the Mexican economy, more of its citizens would try to cross the border to find work in the United States, experts said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/trump-prepares-to-threaten-mexico-with-new-tariffs-in-attempt-to-force-migrant-crackdown/2019/05/30/0f05f01e-8314-11e9-bce7-40b4105f7ca0_story.html?utm_term=.9a732805942d

The problem is that Trump is as stupid as his supporters.

Raising tarriffs to stop illegal immigration is like setting yourself on fire and waiting for the guy next to you to die of smoke inhalation.

Dummies.

Standing Wolf
05-31-2019, 07:24 AM
The idiots who vote for him will claim this is Mexico paying for the wall. :rofl:

That was a safe prediction.

Trump said he would get Mexico to pay for the wall........................and you've got an issue with that. Better to buy American, isn't it?

donttread
05-31-2019, 07:37 AM

It may incentivise manufacturing to move back here. Although a consumption tax and no corporate taxes would be better. I am a little disturbed that he can apparently do this without congressional approval.

mamooth
05-31-2019, 08:17 AM
Tariffs are taxes on American consumers.

Thus, American consumers are paying for Trump's wall.

And the Trump cult loves it.

exotix
05-31-2019, 08:47 AM
Tariffs are taxes on American consumers.

Thus, American consumers are paying for Trump's wall.

And the Trump cult loves it.Correct, the importers ... not the exporters .... pay the Tariff where the cost is then passed onto consumers ...

Safety
05-31-2019, 08:49 AM

You must be clairvoyant based upon the post above yours.

Common
05-31-2019, 09:08 AM
Fantastic idea so much better than the wide open border ideals of the democrats and the phony idiots that vote for them

Yanno the democrats on the forum that tell us they arent for wide open borders and unbridled illegal immigration but then support everything the idiot democrats do and condemn anything trump does to try and stem it. Bullshit the baker you get a bun bullshit me you get none.

Im all for tariffs on anything mexico to stem illegals from being more crime and disease into our country and costing us a fortune and to get greedy corporations to bring jobs back to america

I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY MORE FOR ALL THAT, rather than spend it on Illegal immigrants and enrich greedy corporations.

Captdon
05-31-2019, 09:42 AM

This is low grade tripe. The subject is the tariffs. You go off topic pretty easily. That's what trolls do.

Peter1469
05-31-2019, 06:51 PM
Fantastic idea so much better than the wide open border ideals of the democrats and the phony idiots that vote for them

Yanno the democrats on the forum that tell us they arent for wide open borders and unbridled illegal immigration but then support everything the idiot democrats do and condemn anything trump does to try and stem it. Bullshit the baker you get a bun bullshit me you get none.

Im all for tariffs on anything mexico to stem illegals from being more crime and disease into our country and costing us a fortune and to get greedy corporations to bring jobs back to america

I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY MORE FOR ALL THAT, rather than spend it on Illegal immigrants and enrich greedy corporations.
Don't buy stuff from Mexico. Then you are not paying for the tariffs.

jimmyz
05-31-2019, 07:04 PM
In the produce section I buy NO produce with the "Product of Mexico" little stickers or labeling on packaging. Initially it was for their use of US banned pesticides and fertilization contamination. I will continue now that their stuff is under tariff restrictions for facilitating the invasion of illegals.

I will buy no more Chevy Silverado trucks assembled in Mexico.

Those are about the only ways Mexican products interact with me financially.

I will NEVER visit that corrupt hellhole 2nd world nation as per usual.

testsubjectalpha
05-31-2019, 07:44 PM
I just have to sit here a chuckle at this garbage. Liberal Progressive Democrats complaining about higher taxes. How truly ironic.

Today