PDA

View Full Version : Trump's ethanol plan goes into effect.....

MMC
05-31-2019, 01:25 PM
The Environmental Protection Agency on Friday officially opened up year-round sales of higher ethanol fuel blends, called E15, fulfilling a promise President Trump made to Iowa corn farmers.

Trump has firmly backed the year-round sale of 15% ethanol fuel, despite opposition by the oil industry and refiners who argue the fuel would harm vehicle engines.

The E15 rule, a boon to corn farmers, follows billions of dollars the administration has doled out to farmers as compensation for the losses they’ve suffered from tariffs imposed in the trade war with China.

Farmers and the ethanol industry have been calling for the reversal of EPA’s Reid vapor restrictions on the fuel for years to allow E15 to be sold year-round, instead of just in the winter.

Most of the U.S. gasoline supply already contains 10% ethanol. The 15% blend is being sold by such large gasoline chain stores as Sheetz and KwikStop in anticipation of the rule’s rollout. Iowa Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley recently told the Washington Examiner that the ethanol rule would give Trump an edge over his Democratic rivals in the 2020 presidential election. He explained that it would be hard for his rivals to demonstrate the same commitment to farmers as Trump has in passing this new rule.....snip~ https://newsbanc.com/trumps-ethanol-plan-goes-into-effect/

Trump keeps another campaign promise, while outsmarting the Demos again.

Collateral Damage
05-31-2019, 01:37 PM
The Environmental Protection Agency on Friday officially opened up year-round sales of higher ethanol fuel blends, called E15, fulfilling a promise President Trump made to Iowa corn farmers.
Trump has firmly backed the year-round sale of 15% ethanol fuel, despite opposition by the oil industry and refiners who argue the fuel would harm vehicle engines.

The E15 rule, a boon to corn farmers, follows billions of dollars the administration has doled out to farmers as compensation for the losses they’ve suffered from tariffs imposed in the trade war with China.

Farmers and the ethanol industry have been calling for the reversal of EPA’s Reid vapor restrictions on the fuel for years to allow E15 to be sold year-round, instead of just in the winter.
Most of the U.S. gasoline supply already contains 10% ethanol. The 15% blend is being sold by such large gasoline chain stores as Sheetz and KwikStop in anticipation of the rule’s rollout. Iowa Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley recently told the Washington Examiner that the ethanol rule would give Trump an edge over his Democratic rivals in the 2020 presidential election. He explained that it would be hard for his rivals to demonstrate the same commitment to farmers as Trump has in passing this new rule.....snip~ https://newsbanc.com/trumps-ethanol-plan-goes-into-effect/

Trump keeps another campaign promise, while outsmarting the Demos again.
Stupid, unless you want to keep replacing your lawn mower, chainsaw, and any other small engines.
Ethanol is a marketer's wet dream, the stuff just speeds up the planned obsolescence process.
Letting farmers actually grow edible crops, instead of corn for ethanol, may solve a few other important problems, like the price of groceries, and those supposed people who have 'food insecurity'.

alexa
05-31-2019, 01:38 PM
Should make the soybean farmers very happy.

Common
05-31-2019, 01:43 PM

soybean farmers already hate democrats, they dont need encouragement

MMC
05-31-2019, 02:01 PM
Stupid, unless you want to keep replacing your lawn mower, chainsaw, and any other small engines.
Ethanol is a marketer's wet dream, the stuff just speeds up the planned obsolescence process.
Letting farmers actually grow edible crops, instead of corn for ethanol, may solve a few other important problems, like the price of groceries, and those supposed people who have 'food insecurity'.

Iowa Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley recently told the Washington Examiner that the ethanol rule would give Trump an edge over his Democratic rivals in the 2020 presidential election. He explained that it would be hard for his rivals to demonstrate the same commitment to farmers as Trump has in passing this new rule......snip~

All cars from 2007 on up are compatible.

As for the smaller engines they will need to use a fuel stabilizer. Leftists will have to learn to take care of their equipment for once in their miserable existence. Or spend more to buy new smaller engine equipment. But really how many of those mopes take care of any equipment or even have the ability to cut grass.

I don't disagree about farmers growing edible crops. That has already started to take place. Due to the ethanol restrictions. Nebraska was one of the first to reduce corn and soybeans.

MMC
05-31-2019, 02:03 PM

Oh you mean those in the Demo controlled states like Illinois, Minnesota, and Blue speckled Iowa? That lead the Nation.

Soybeans aren't good for people anyways. But it is amusing how your kind wants to fill your ilk up on the shit.

Collateral Damage
05-31-2019, 02:59 PM
Iowa Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley recently told the Washington Examiner that the ethanol rule would give Trump an edge over his Democratic rivals in the 2020 presidential election. He explained that it would be hard for his rivals to demonstrate the same commitment to farmers as Trump has in passing this new rule......snip~
All cars from 2007 on up are compatible.
As for the smaller engines they will need to use a fuel stabilizer. Leftists will have to learn to take care of their equipment for once in their miserable existence. Or spend more to buy new smaller engine equipment. But really how many of those mopes take care of any equipment or even have the ability to cut grass.
I don't disagree about farmers growing edible crops. That has already started to take place. Due to the ethanol restrictions. Nebraska was one of the first to reduce corn and soybeans.
So, dump more corn syrup in the gas that screws up small engines, so the average joe can go out and have to buy engine treatments, to fix the governmental CF regarding ethanol. Yeah, I'm all over that.....

Personally, I don't care if it gives Trump 'an edge' with the farmers, and likely the auto industry as it benefits them too, but the rest of us can just grab 'em.

Nope, sorry, that ain't selling over here.

MMC
05-31-2019, 03:14 PM
So, dump more corn syrup in the gas that screws up small engines, so the average joe can go out and have to buy engine treatments, to fix the governmental CF regarding ethanol. Yeah, I'm all over that.....

Personally, I don't care if it gives Trump 'an edge' with the farmers, and likely the auto industry as it benefits them too, but the rest of us can just grab 'em.

They wont stop producing the 10% Ethanol.

Captdon
05-31-2019, 05:41 PM

This is wrong. The average joe doesn't benefit from this. I don't need to "stabilize" my fuel. That's the gas company's job. Trump fails on this one.

Don29palms
05-31-2019, 05:53 PM
E85 works great in off road vehicles. Love that stuff.

Peter1469
05-31-2019, 06:32 PM
Cars made since the late 1990s can run off 100% ethanol with very minor fixes. But as I have said before it can be made without corn.

countryboy
05-31-2019, 06:48 PM

I sure as hell won't be using it in any of my small engines. I pay about four bucks a gallon for 93 octane alcohol free gas for my small engines.

Sergeant Gleed
05-31-2019, 08:44 PM
soybean farmers already hate democrats, they dont need encouragement

Only Rodents eat tofu.

Sergeant Gleed
05-31-2019, 08:47 PM
Cars made since the late 1990s can run off 100% ethanol with very minor fixes. But as I have said before it can be made without corn.

If ethanol was an economic product, i.e , there was a viable market for it as a FUEL, it would not need gigabucks in taxpayer subsidies.

If farmers wanted entry into the ethanol marjet, they should have been demanding relaxation on federal whisky laws.

Captain Obvious
05-31-2019, 08:52 PM
Trump's ethanol plan is designed to increase shareholder returns and support for his re-election.

Has nothing to do with the environment or increased operational capacity.

Facade's and lemmings are a big part of the plan's execution.

MMC
06-01-2019, 06:50 AM
Trump's ethanol plan is designed to increase shareholder returns and support for his re-election.

Has nothing to do with the environment or increased operational capacity.

Facade's and lemmings are a big part of the plan's execution.

So you are all in. Now why isn't that surprising. Just can't shed your natural, huh?

Peter1469
06-01-2019, 06:54 AM
If ethanol was an economic product, i.e , there was a viable market for it as a FUEL, it would not need gigabucks in taxpayer subsidies.

If farmers wanted entry into the ethanol marjet, they should have been demanding relaxation on federal whisky laws.
Ethanol has two big problems today: First, the corn lobby has caused us to focus on a rather inefficient fed crop where there are many others that are more efficient and do not compete with food crops. Second, there is very little infrastructure to pump alcohol gas into vehicles. Without that infrastructure the cost of alcohol fuels is not very relevant.

Collateral Damage
06-02-2019, 12:06 PM
They wont stop producing the 10% Ethanol.

Like that's much better. *sarcasm* I'd rather they stopped forcing that shit, 10 or 15%, on the public.... no net benefit except for those who produce engines. Planned obsolescence, as I said.