PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Rand Paul Delivers Tea Party Response To State Of The Union

Chris
02-13-2013, 09:07 AM
"What America needs is not Robin Hood but Adam Smith."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7iEJ75z13Ao#!

Text @ Sen. Rand Paul Delivers Tea Party Response To State Of The Union (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/02/12/sen_rand_paul_delivers_tea_party_response_to_state _of_the_union.html).

Mainecoons
02-13-2013, 10:20 AM
What a stunning indictment of the Democrat Big Lie of being for the common man.

One in six people in povety.
Record long term unemployment.
Record numbers and growth in food stamps.
Small savers decimated by zero interest rates and money-printing caused inflation.

Carygrant
02-13-2013, 10:36 AM

Small savers decimated by zero interest rates and money-printing caused inflation.

I cannot understand an intelligent guy like you , who even loves the EPL , being so bamboozled by Mickey Mouse Stats .
We are facing a depression worse than that of the thirties .
All of the developed world is facing the same , and some countries are under far greater pressure than the US and many have performed much worse in economic and financial terms .
So how logically ( forget silly party affiliation) do you imagine that the US could could have done better than it has done , versus other developed world major countries : and why do you even begin to imagine that the roots of all present troubles have emerged since 2008 ?
It is selectivity run riot . Bigotry for its own sake .
Isn't this mad two party blame game system the root of your present woes ?
Isn't it about time that you found men who could rise above the petty two party war mongering system?

There's a black guy in Washington who ticks most of the boxes . So I have heard .

Cigar
02-13-2013, 11:36 AM

Yea ... it should make a big impact in 2016.

KC
02-13-2013, 11:39 AM
I wasn't so impressed by Rand Paul's response. It was much better on substance than the other two speeches, but it seemed a little dry.

Chris
02-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Dry but substantial compared to the other two speeches.

It's expected progressives like those above would not like it.

JackRuby
02-13-2013, 04:06 PM
I cannot understand an intelligent guy like you , who even loves the EPL , being so bamboozled by Mickey Mouse Stats .
All of the developed world is facing the same , and some countries are under far greater pressure than the US and many have performed much worse in economic and financial terms .
So how logically ( forget silly party affiliation) do you imagine that the US could could have done better than it has done , versus other developed world major countries : and why do you even begin to imagine that the roots of all present troubles have emerged since 2008 ?
Isn't it about time that you found men who could rise above the petty two party war mongering system?

There's a black guy in Washington who ticks most of the boxes . So I have heard .

Grant people who get on forums I have noticed typically have a partisan banner to wave. The good news is that people are leaving those two parties by millions. We have a minority rule here, and a minority of people back the two parties. Makes real sense hey?

Jack

Chris
02-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Speaking for the tea parties, Paul is nonpartisan when he says "The path we are on is not sustainable, but few in Congress or in this Administration seem to recognize that their actions are endangering the prosperity of this great nation." And "Congress is debating the wrong things. Every debate in Washington is about how much to increase spending – a little or a lot. About how much to increase taxes – a little or a lot."

Also liked "What America needs is not Robin Hood but Adam Smith. In the year we won our independence, Adam Smith described what creates the Wealth of Nations. He described a limited government that largely did not interfere with individuals and their pursuit of happiness."

Peter1469
02-13-2013, 04:59 PM

Yes, governments in Europe and the US committed far more tax money for obligations, present and future, than exists, or will exist. No wonder we are on the brink of economic collapse.

GrumpyDog
02-13-2013, 06:20 PM
http://www.teaparty-platform.com/

Chris
02-13-2013, 08:52 PM
http://www.teaparty-platform.com/

Looks good, as one of the tea parties. For that matter, Rand sounds good, as representing one of the tea parties.