PDA

View Full Version : October 2020 Real ID

Peter1469
06-16-2019, 06:56 AM
October 2020 Real ID (https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/do-you-have-questions-about-real-id-weve-got-answers/2019/06/15/94fc6030-8c5c-11e9-8f69-a2795fca3343_story.html?utm_term=.65f20d95dc9d)

In October 2020 if you want to fly or enter a federal facility on your state ID you will need a Real ID compliant ID / drivers license. Other forms of acceptable ID will be a passport, a passport card, military ID, Green Card, or Global Entry traveler card.

My VA drivers license is not Real ID complaint, but I can travel on either my passport, military ID, or Global Entry card. So I am not renewing my drivers license until it expires in 2027.

Good news. The Real ID will be a great voter ID card.

DGUtley
06-16-2019, 06:57 AM
I am good to go:

Ohio Real ID
Global Entry Card
Passport

Beevee
06-16-2019, 07:06 AM
Whatever happened to freedom of choice in the USA?
Has it taken a back seat under the Trump administration?

Peter1469
06-16-2019, 07:06 AM

9-11.

Beevee
06-16-2019, 07:10 AM
9-11.

So Americans lost their freedom of choice because New York was the subject of a terrorist attack?

Peter1469
06-16-2019, 07:12 AM
So Americans lost their freedom of choice because New York was the subject of a terrorist attack?

The nation was subject to a terrorist attack. The nation remains vulnerable to another if we ignore the threat.

DGUtley
06-16-2019, 07:14 AM
Whatever happened to freedom of choice in the USA? Has it taken a back seat under the Trump administration?

That's right -- as typical - Blame Trump!!!!!! C'mon man - the Real ID Act of 2005 is what started this. It has nothing to do with Trump and is a direct response to 9-11. The Obama Administration deferred the last phase dealing with drivers license until 2020.

[/URL][URL]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_ID_Act (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_ID_Act)

Peter1469
06-16-2019, 07:19 AM
That's right -- as typical - Blame Trump!!!!!! C'mon man - the Real ID Act of 2005 is what started this. It has nothing to do with Trump and is a direct response to 9-11. The Obama Administration deferred the last phase dealing with drivers license until 2020.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_ID_Act
Don't stress him out. He is suffering from an extreme case of TDS.

Common
06-16-2019, 07:23 AM
My wife and I have real id and passports

Beevee
06-16-2019, 08:15 AM

[/URL][URL]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_ID_Act (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_ID_Act)

It seems that, as a lawyer, you are unable to differentiate between a statement and a question. Why is that?

DGUtley
06-16-2019, 08:17 AM
It seems that, as a lawyer, you are unable to differentiate between a statement and a question. Why is that?

Awww, c'mon -- your question was a statement. Now you're being silly. Why is that?

Beevee
06-16-2019, 08:36 AM
Awww, c'mon -- your question was a statement. Now you're being silly. Why is that?

Because I am a member on this forum and believe that being silly is attributable to all who post here.

DGUtley
06-16-2019, 08:43 AM
The Real ID thing is an interesting issue. I take it that you probably have no constitutional right to air travel without the proper ID. Do you have a constitutional right to enter public buildings? We have always been a NO "Show me your papers" country. Is this a start on that slippery slope? In Ohio, you have the right to refuse to show ID or to Identify yourself unless the police have probable cause to believe you have witnessed or committed a crime.

Captdon
06-16-2019, 08:53 AM

Trump wasn't President in 2005. Do try to keep up.

Captdon
06-16-2019, 08:56 AM

No, most people pay enough attention to know even this. It's been in all the news. It was a Trump attack.

Beevee
06-16-2019, 08:58 AM
So, what happened to the right of freedom of movement?

Beevee
06-16-2019, 09:00 AM
Trump wasn't President in 2005. Do try to keep up.

He isn't a President now. He just acts it out as an apprentice.

Captdon
06-16-2019, 09:06 AM

Then why all the bitching and lying about him? You have stage 4 TDS.

DGUtley
06-16-2019, 09:09 AM

I looked in the CUSA and I didn't see the right of international travel as a right. If I missed it, I apologize. I don't see this ID as hindering the right of freedom of movement guaranteed in the constitution through the Privileges and Immunities Clause of the Constitution. Do you?

Don29palms
06-16-2019, 09:11 AM

Why does it matter to you either way?

Peter1469
06-16-2019, 09:16 AM
The Real ID thing is an interesting issue. I take it that you probably have no constitutional right to air travel without the proper ID. Do you have a constitutional right to enter public buildings? We have always been a NO "Show me your papers" country. Is this a start on that slippery slope? In Ohio, you have the right to refuse to show ID or to Identify yourself unless the police have probable cause to believe you have witnessed or committed a crime.
What if you are a party to a federal lawsuit but don't have the proper ID to get inside the court building?

Peter1469
06-16-2019, 09:17 AM
Do you try to prove how stupid you are?

MMC
06-16-2019, 09:25 AM
October 2020 Real ID (https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/do-you-have-questions-about-real-id-weve-got-answers/2019/06/15/94fc6030-8c5c-11e9-8f69-a2795fca3343_story.html?utm_term=.65f20d95dc9d)

In October 2020 if you want to fly or enter a federal facility on your state ID you will need a Real ID compliant ID / drivers license. Other forms of acceptable ID will be a passport, a passport card, military ID, Green Card, or Global Entry traveler card.

My VA drivers license is not Real ID complaint, but I can travel on either my passport, military ID, or Global Entry card. So I am not renewing my drivers license until it expires in 2027.

Illinois the Demo alleged Stronghold went with Real ID. So the leftness just wont be able to use the lame excuses about how Voter ID suppresses people from voting.

Oh and the Demos have some deal about if they can't afford one. They can get assistance. Kind of like.....Wimpy and paying for his hamburger next Tuesday. :laugh:

Beevee
06-16-2019, 09:31 AM
Why does it matter to you either way?

Because it elicits a response from a deplorable and shows you up for who you are. Uncaring. Selfish. Detestable.

Beevee
06-16-2019, 09:33 AM

You need proof? Who's being stupid now?

Peter1469
06-16-2019, 09:33 AM
Because it elicits a response from a deplorable and shows you up for who you are. Uncaring. Selfish. Detestable.
You should be a strategist for the DNC. It is utterly stupid statements like this that caused Hillary to lose to a non-politician.

Peter1469
06-16-2019, 09:34 AM
1. Good point.
2. You.

DGUtley
06-16-2019, 09:40 AM
What if you are a party to a federal lawsuit but don't have the proper ID to get inside the court building?

That is a good point. I don't know what they'd do.

Don29palms
06-16-2019, 10:05 AM

It doesn't apply to you so you're the one showing your stupidity. It is none of your concern either way.

DGUtley
06-16-2019, 10:09 AM
It doesn't apply to you so you're the one showing your stupidity. It is none of your concern either way.

WARNING - Don29palms - Nationality is irrelevant on contributing to a subject. Suggesting otherwise is considered bad faith posting here.

MMC
06-16-2019, 10:10 AM

:wink:

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/t/business-woman-giving-bribe-money-form-dollar-bills-to-ma-women-mature-counselor-give-success-deal-finishing-contract-132331194.jpg

zachroidott
06-16-2019, 10:27 AM
9-11.
Hang on. Let me grab my ankles and say, “ahhh”.

Lummy
06-16-2019, 10:32 AM
What does a "Real ID" accomplish that a state driver's license can't? Pay the tax?

MMC
06-16-2019, 10:42 AM
What does a "Real ID" accomplish that a state driver's license can't? Pay the tax?

For the Demos, they figured out thy could scam people for more money.

Lummy
06-16-2019, 10:50 AM
"Never let a good crisis go to waste." -- Immortal words to democrats from I think Eric Holder, not yet in prison.

zachroidott
06-16-2019, 11:04 AM
For the Demos, they figured out thy could scam people for more money.
What are you pretending to know about?

MisterVeritis
06-16-2019, 11:12 AM
The Real ID standard is far more difficult to forge. A legitimate one positively identifies you as you. Identification is remarkably complicated.

Peter1469
06-16-2019, 01:39 PM

What tax? You awake?

Real ID just means you proved you are legal and a resident of the address you claim that you are. It does not cost any more than what you currently pay.

DGUtley
06-16-2019, 01:45 PM
It cost no more. Just a better background check.

Tahuyaman
06-16-2019, 04:14 PM
M

I have a passport, retired military ID and what's called an enhanced drivers license. To get the enhanced, I had to provide my passport and $25.00. I used to be able to use it for travel to Canada and Mexico. Its no longer accepted for travel to Mexico.

Your drivers license expires in 2027? A drivers license in Washington state needs to be renewed every five years.

Tahuyaman
06-16-2019, 04:19 PM
I don't think he's trying.

Tahuyaman
06-16-2019, 04:20 PM

Where's the violation of freedom of choice here?

Tahuyaman
06-16-2019, 04:22 PM

Nothing is funnier than using facts to destroy the arguments of those infected with TDS.

Tahuyaman
06-16-2019, 04:24 PM
When did we lose it?

stjames1_53
06-16-2019, 05:15 PM
When did we lose it?

we started losing it when the 14th A was passed. Then the 15th and 16th Amendments were the finishing nails

Tahuyaman
06-16-2019, 05:17 PM
we started losing it when the 14th A was passed. Then the 15th and 16th Amendments were the finishing nails
We haven't lost our freedom of movement. None of those amendments took away your freedom of movement.

MMC
06-16-2019, 05:35 PM
What are you pretending to know about?

You must be confused with your video gaming. Let us know when you come back to reality.

MMC
06-16-2019, 05:36 PM

Cmon now that is to much for Leftists to handle.

Peter1469
06-16-2019, 05:47 PM
I have a passport, retired military ID and what's called an enhanced drivers license. To get the enhanced, I had to provide my passport and $25.00. I used to be able to use it for travel to Canada and Mexico. Its no longer accepted for travel to Mexico.

Your drivers license expires in 2027? A drivers license in Washington state needs to be renewed every five years.
10 years here in VA.

Captdon
06-16-2019, 07:10 PM

No one needs proof about what you are.

Tahuyaman
06-16-2019, 08:27 PM
10 years here in VA.
That's too long. I'd forget about it.

Tahuyaman
06-16-2019, 08:27 PM
No one needs proof about what you are.
I don't.

Lummy
06-16-2019, 09:31 PM
The Real ID standard is far more difficult to forge. A legitimate one positively identifies you as you. Identification is remarkably complicated.

You mean, ID is difficult to make forgery-proof? ID is not complicated.

What tax? You awake?

Real ID just means you proved you are legal and a resident of the address you claim that you are. It does not cost any more than what you currently pay.

It cost no more. Just a better background check.

Real ID is not free. In fact, it's not at all cheap. How about $60 in PA?

http://www.witf.org/news/2018/01/real-id-in-pa-explained-it-costs-6050-you-might-need-it-soon-you-cant-have-it-yet.php

Nothing about this makes much sense to me.

zachroidott
06-16-2019, 10:06 PM
You must be confused with your video gaming. Let us know when you come back to reality.
So close to clever.

MisterVeritis
06-16-2019, 10:19 PM
Identification is extraordinarily complicated.

http://www.witf.org/news/2018/01/real-id-in-pa-explained-it-costs-6050-you-might-need-it-soon-you-cant-have-it-yet.php

If your state is charging you a great deal for it your state is screwing you.

Lummy
06-17-2019, 12:19 AM

In what way?

Well, it sounds like PA politicians are in politics to mine the state's "human resources" (populace), yes. My point is, you're wrong on both points.

It's a load of unfair taxation is what it amounts to. It's impact will be to heavily restrict movement.

Cletus
06-17-2019, 12:56 AM

In New Mexico, the rationale behind "Real ID" was that the state foolishly allows illegal aliens to get a driver's license or state issued ID card. That necessitated a form of ID that proves you are a citizen or legal resident alien.

Lummy
06-17-2019, 01:18 AM
In New Mexico, the rationale behind "Real ID" was that the state foolishly allows illegal aliens to get a driver's license or state issued ID card. That necessitated a form of ID that proves you are a citizen or legal resident alien.
So they rationalize "REal ID" because they had breached their own motor vehicle laws in order to create a need for another tax. They are just about sucking blood, or will be soon enough.

Cletus
06-17-2019, 01:29 AM
So they rationalize "REal ID" because they had breached their own motor vehicle laws in order to create a need for another tax. They are just about sucking blood, or will be soon enough.
It wasn't the state's idea. The Feds told the state that because they issued DLs and state issued IDs to illegal aliens, they would stop accepting New Mexico IDs as proof of identity and residence by a particular date. The state was forced into issuing Real Ids. Their cost here is the same as any other driver's license. The difference is in the documentation necessary to get it.

Peter1469
06-17-2019, 03:35 AM
That's too long. I'd forget about it. They will email me when it gets to its last year. Typically you can renew via Internet, but since my next will be a Real ID I will have to go in with the required documents.

Peter1469
06-17-2019, 03:36 AM

$60 is not cheap? I think it is $75 here. Pocket change.

I am sorry it doesn't make sense to you. I suppose that is not relevant though.

donttread
06-17-2019, 07:24 AM

NY has had enhanced licenses for quite awhile. General rule of thumb here is "if it cost extra, we got it". But I mean you heard about all those dangerous people flying under fake, unreal ID's right? No? Come to think of it neither did I. The tSA typically fails their own test , BADLY , but Real ID's are the answer. LOL
Oh course the TSA's real job is to provide the illusion of security and make travelers grumpy of course.

DGUtley
06-17-2019, 07:30 AM
NY has had enhanced licenses for quite awhile. General rule of thumb here is "if it cost extra, we got it". But I mean you heard about all those dangerous people flying under fake, unreal ID's right? No? Come to think of it neither did I. The tSA typically fails their own test , BADLY , but Real ID's are the answer. LOL

LOL. Here's the long title for the Act: An Act to establish and rapidly implement regulations for state driver's license (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver%27s_licenses_in_the_United_States) and identification document security standards, to prevent terrorists from abusing the asylum laws of the United States, to unify terrorism-related grounds for inadmissibility and removal, and to ensure expeditious construction of the San Diego border fence (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico%E2%80%93United_States_barrier).

MisterVeritis
06-17-2019, 10:12 AM

In what way?
Not to be flippant, but in every way. In real life you have dozens if not hundreds of identities. Which one is real? Which can be relied upon?

Well, it sounds like PA politicians are in politics to mine the state's "human resources" (populace), yes. My point is, you're wrong on both points.

It's a load of unfair taxation is what it amounts to. It's impact will be to heavily restrict movement.

You agreed with me. You are confused.

Sergeant Gleed
06-17-2019, 12:52 PM

That concept died when the baby was given no choice but to be executed for it's incubator's convenience.

Sergeant Gleed
06-17-2019, 12:55 PM

No, because the United States was attacked.

Sergeant Gleed
06-17-2019, 01:01 PM

Retarded treasonous Rodent-infested states like California issue DL'S to illegal aliens and other terrorists because they need the voters.

Sergeant Gleed
06-17-2019, 01:05 PM
What tax? You awake?

I just got a letter from the CA DMV stating that I'd failed to produce two forms of ID to get my Real ID (I provided the two), and tgst if I signed this affadavit and check the right box, this form would serve as MI second form of address verification.

I wonder how many illegal aliens they sent that form to?

Peter1469
06-17-2019, 08:21 PM
Oh course the TSA's real job is to provide the illusion of security and make travelers grumpy of course.
Not to worry. No need for an ID outside of your 25 mile local radius. Nothing beyond that should bother you. Localism it is what's for dinner.