PDA

View Full Version : Question for democrats about immigration

bulletbob
06-19-2019, 11:52 PM
How is it good for america to have a million or more illegals come into the states every year.

Retirednsmilin308
06-20-2019, 02:22 AM
It does not benefit this country in any way.

DISCLAIMER: You asked for Democrats to answer, and I am a Conservative Democrat, but the mainstream Democratic party kicked us all to the curb in the mid 70's I believe. Now Conservative Democrats like me are without a party.

bulletbob
06-20-2019, 03:42 AM
Thank you for your answer and yes the blue dog democrats got screwed

FindersKeepers
06-20-2019, 04:12 AM
How is it good for america to have a million or more illegals come into the states every year.

There is an upside to immigration -- but not "illegal" immigration. Coming here in violation of our laws MUST stop.

We need the people. We flat-out NEED the people. Why? Because our predecessors made the mistake of setting up a national program (Social Security) that taxed the labor of the young to pay for the care of the elderly. For the very first recipients of the program, it was great -- they hadn't paid in -- but they were pulling money out. For the rest of us, we paid (still paying in my case) dearly and we expect SS to be there when we reach retirement age. We will have earned it after all.

But now lifespans are increasing and young families are choosing to have fewer children -- translation -- fewer workers to tax to pay for the burden of our elderly. So we NEED immigrants -- but they CANNOT come here illegally. We need not the poor and downtrodden at this point who will only milk our system. We need the professionals, the entrepreneurs, who can add to our society while paying into SS so our elderly (who already paid in for a lifetime) don't suffer.

We need to increase immigration from other countries and stop the flow of illegals coming over our southern border. I feel badly for them, but we have our own country to worry about.

Retirednsmilin308
06-20-2019, 11:56 PM
To the point of the thread ( and my apologies if it is not)...

Any thoughts about Homan being named a " Border Czar "?

My thoughts are any " Czar " is doomed for failure in that only the Russian Czars had sweeping unlimited power and could make their will be felt.
An American Czar is an oxymoron.
Nothing happens without Congressional approval of money, resources, and laws.
Congress does not want to solve the border issue. It is their political football they like to kick around every election year.
This is why the problem will continue until the US gets a total dictator in power or some powerful Democrat gets one or two of their children murdered by an illegal alien (God forbid).

Beevee
06-21-2019, 06:29 AM
Isn't today the end of the week that Trump declared millions of illegals would be rounded up for removal from US soil?
Why worry? The president is fixing it. He'll probably confirm the total success of the operation in a tweet tomorrow while partaking in a round of golf at Mar a Lago.

Peter1469
06-21-2019, 06:45 AM
Isn't today the end of the week that Trump declared millions of illegals would be rounded up for removal from US soil?
Why worry? The president is fixing it. He'll probably confirm the total success of the operation in a tweet tomorrow while partaking in a round of golf at Mar a Lago.
It is suppose to start next week.

Trump exaggerates. Let the crack down begin. Publicly toss out thousands and many more illegals will self-deport.

Beevee
06-21-2019, 08:43 AM
Well, I guess you are in a position to pay for it with increasing costs without it affecting your standard of life.

Peter1469
06-21-2019, 01:05 PM
Well, I guess you are in a position to pay for it with increasing costs without it affecting your standard of life.

Yes. But the US should still expel the illegals. And change our immigration laws to be based on merit.

Sergeant Gleed
06-21-2019, 01:17 PM

English much?

He said the process would start.

Beevee
06-21-2019, 02:12 PM
Yes. But the US should still expel the illegals. And change our immigration laws to be based on merit.

I'm an immigrant and went through the process so have no problem with that. But it's a bit late in the day to apply those standards without every American being affected by the outcome.
Who will be taking those low paid jobs which is part of the reason that the economy is running at a low inflation rate?
So it's twofold. New employees at a higher rate of pay and goods purchased to reflect that with a price hike.

DGUtley
06-21-2019, 02:46 PM
I'm an immigrant and went through the process so have no problem with that. But it's a bit late in the day to apply those standards without every American being affected by the outcome. Who will be taking those low paid jobs which is part of the reason that the economy is running at a low inflation rate? So it's twofold. New employees at a higher rate of pay and goods purchased to reflect that with a price hike.

People should be paid a fair wage and if my prices go up, so be it.

Sergeant Gleed
06-21-2019, 03:05 PM
I'm an immigrant and went through the process so have no problem with that. But it's a bit late in the day to apply those standards without every American being affected by the outcome.
Who will be taking those low paid jobs which is part of the reason that the economy is running at a low inflation rate?
So it's twofold. New employees at a higher rate of pay and goods purchased to reflect that with a price hike.

I KNOW!!!!!

If some wants some work done and he can't get Americans to works for dirt...aren't you fascists opposed to that kind of thing?...we'll just violate federal immigration law and get some very easily exploited illegal aliens to undercut the labor market and keep wages low.

That will give fascists such as yourself ample opportunity to then babble ignorantly and hatefully and "living wages" which you personally have been conspiring to keep people from earning because your fascist masters are totally unpopular and need to illegally shift the nation's demographics as your final and last desperate measure to steal elections.

Because, if it wasn't for the fascists you support and adore, the employer's seeking labor would have to raise their wage offers until they found enough locally ignorant (also Rodents) labor to do the jobs...but you brownshirted trolls are forbidden by your Masters from saying "at tge wages offered" after the bullshit phrase "work Americans won't do", aren't you?

Turn the welfare spigot off, see them starve or line up for jobs better Americans won't do.

BTW, your fascist owners like to proclaim the nonsense thst the US is a "nation of immigrants". Ergo, we are all immigrants by that standard, and thus, since you represent the people who make such idiotic statements, your claim to being an immigrant is irrelevant.

I claim my ancestry back to Africa and u can tell you that every American is an African American.

Sergeant Gleed
06-21-2019, 03:06 PM
People should be paid a fair wage and if my prices go up, so be it.
Fair wages are determined solely by the free market.

Beevee
06-21-2019, 03:59 PM
I KNOW!!!!!

If some wants some work done and he can't get Americans to works for dirt...aren't you fascists opposed to that kind of thing?...we'll just violate federal immigration law and get some very easily exploited illegal aliens to undercut the labor market and keep wages low.

That will give fascists such as yourself ample opportunity to then babble ignorantly and hatefully and "living wages" which you personally have been conspiring to keep people from earning because your fascist masters are totally unpopular and need to illegally shift the nation's demographics as your final and last desperate measure to steal elections.

Because, if it wasn't for the fascists you support and adore, the employer's seeking labor would have to raise their wage offers until they found enough locally ignorant (also Rodents) labor to do the jobs...but you brownshirted trolls are forbidden by your Masters from saying "at tge wages offered" after the bull$#@! phrase "work Americans won't do", aren't you?

Turn the welfare spigot off, see them starve or line up for jobs better Americans won't do.

BTW, your fascist owners like to proclaim the nonsense thst the US is a "nation of immigrants". Ergo, we are all immigrants by that standard, and thus, since you represent the people who make such idiotic statements, your claim to being an immigrant is irrelevant.

I claim my ancestry back to Africa and u can tell you that every American is an African American.

Thank you for your enlightening post.

Sergeant Gleed
06-21-2019, 04:32 PM
Thank you for your enlightening post.

Better than the ice-water diet.

Peter1469
06-21-2019, 06:26 PM
Ramp up the worker visa program. I have been saying that for years.

Beevee
06-21-2019, 08:07 PM

Why would anyone do that when they know they have to leave the country when the visa expires?

bulletbob
06-21-2019, 08:20 PM

congratulations for following the rules and doing it the right way,

Peter1469
06-22-2019, 06:04 AM
Why would anyone do that when they know they have to leave the country when the visa expires?

They do it all the time. That is the H1-B VISA (and its variants).

We do need temporary workers to do work Americans don't seem to want to do (fruit picker as one example), and we need some skilled workers to do jobs where we don't have enough qualified American workers. These are temporary positions and not paths to citizenship. Temporary workers can apply for other VISAs that do offer a path to citizenship if they qualify.

Sergeant Gleed
06-22-2019, 08:54 PM

What the ...hell... does that have to do with invading hordes of sheet-rock workers in San Diego, or the lift-and-tote labor gangs at the Home Depot?

I'm all for worker visa programs.

AFTER welfare benefits are cut to zero for able-bodied men. No point in importing labor when we have the workforce here, but the companies are too cheap to pay what the local talent demands.

AFTER a company seeking skilled labor can prove, via published advertising, that they've increased the offered wage to twice the prevailing wage for the position offered, and the hired immigrant gets to bring himself in, not his spawn, not his family, not his second cousins third removed.

I'm sick of the weaseling. We either have immigration controls, or we do not. There's no point in raising the quotas on worker visa when there's no penalties for refusing to hire locally.

Sergeant Gleed
06-22-2019, 08:58 PM
They do it all the time. That is the H1-B VISA (and its variants).

We do need temporary workers to do work Americans don't seem to want to do (fruit picker as one example), and we need some skilled workers to do jobs where we don't have enough qualified American workers. These are temporary positions and not paths to citizenship. Temporary workers can apply for other VISAs that do offer a path to citizenship if they qualify.

So-called Americans don't want to pick fruit because they're lazy fucks on welfare.

And allowing the exploitation of illegal aliens (or exploiting Americans via the H1B program) merely because the farmer is a cheap bastard isn't something the United States should continue to tolerate. The harm caused by these abuses is well documented.

If farmers don't want to pay their farm hands the fair wages to pick the fruit, and "fair" is determined solely by free markets, then they don't want their fruit picked.

It isn't complicated, really.

End welfare before expanding the Invasion.

Peter1469
06-23-2019, 04:34 AM
What the ...hell... does that have to do with invading hordes of sheet-rock workers in San Diego, or the lift-and-tote labor gangs at the Home Depot?

I'm all for worker visa programs.

AFTER welfare benefits are cut to zero for able-bodied men. No point in importing labor when we have the workforce here, but the companies are too cheap to pay what the local talent demands.

AFTER a company seeking skilled labor can prove, via published advertising, that they've increased the offered wage to twice the prevailing wage for the position offered, and the hired immigrant gets to bring himself in, not his spawn, not his family, not his second cousins third removed.

I'm sick of the weaseling. We either have immigration controls, or we do not. There's no point in raising the quotas on worker visa when there's no penalties for refusing to hire locally.
Thanks.

Peter1469
06-23-2019, 04:34 AM
So-called Americans don't want to pick fruit because they're lazy fucks on welfare.

And allowing the exploitation of illegal aliens (or exploiting Americans via the H1B program) merely because the farmer is a cheap bastard isn't something the United States should continue to tolerate. The harm caused by these abuses is well documented.

If farmers don't want to pay their farm hands the fair wages to pick the fruit, and "fair" is determined solely by free markets, then they don't want their fruit picked.

It isn't complicated, really.

End welfare before expanding the Invasion.
Good luck.

bulletbob
06-23-2019, 03:06 PM

How am I in the postion yoy speak of

bulletbob
06-23-2019, 03:10 PM

No sure how that answers the question of how illegal immigration by the millions has been good for americans.
As for trump hes delayed the action you speak of except for some in la to try to give democrats a chance to respond hoping they will help with the problem . they will not

Beevee
06-23-2019, 03:27 PM
How am I in the postion yoy speak of
My response was to Peter

Beevee
06-23-2019, 03:29 PM
No sure how that answers the question of how illegal immigration by the millions has been good for americans.
As for trump hes delayed the action you speak of except for some in la to try to give democrats a chance to respond hoping they will help with the problem . they will not

Cheap labour, reflected in lower purchasing costs. Prices will rise in future to cover increased labour costs.

Mister D
06-23-2019, 03:54 PM
Lettuce will cost a hundred dollars a head! Lol

Beevee
06-23-2019, 06:12 PM
Lettuce will cost a hundred dollars a head! Lol

Well, being who you are, a dozen a week should keep you in the flush of youth.