PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone watch Survivor?

oceanloverOH
02-15-2013, 06:59 PM
I've been watching the TV series Survivor ever since in debuted in the U.S. in 2000. Is anyone else here a fan? The current season, which just started this week, is a Fans vs. Favorites season and looks like a good one. And of course, there's always hunky host Jeff Probst....!

Peter1469
02-15-2013, 07:03 PM
I watched when I was stationed in Korea in 2000-2002. At the Officer's Club, conveniently right next door to my super-hooch.

Chris
02-15-2013, 07:08 PM
The first couple seasons, yes. I think it was early first season he related the game to the Nash Equilibrium. se for instance, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_equilibrium. Probably about the time the movie came out, read the book, read Nash's paper, interesting stuff. Those who see forums as a sort of competition would do well to read up on it. Oh, sorry, got off topic already. It was interesting, for a while, how people would design and plan and strategize, but because there's many playing things never go as planned.

Probst has a talk show now, saw a bit the other night, the woman with him was stealing the show.

Captain Obvious
02-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Those dimples look... fake.

Never watched a minute of it.

pjohns
02-15-2013, 09:23 PM
I've been watching the TV series Survivor ever since in debuted in the U.S. in 2000. Is anyone else here a fan?

I, too, have watched every episode of every Survivor series since the first one. So has my wife.

It is one of the few "reality" shows that we watch regularly.

Over the years, we have rooted against such villians as "Boston" Rob (who did eventually win one Survivor, as his wife-to-be did another time) and Russell Hance.

For some (inexplicable) reason, these people--whom I regard as thuggish--tend to intimidate others...

oceanloverOH
02-15-2013, 10:24 PM
I, too, have watched every episode of every Survivor series since the first one. So has my wife.

It is one of the few "reality" shows that we watch regularly.

Over the years, we have rooted against such villians as "Boston" Rob (who did eventually win one Survivor, as his wife-to-be did another time) and Russell Hance.

For some (inexplicable) reason, these people--whom I regard as thuggish--tend to intimidate others...

Boston Rob is one of my favorites! He's rotten to the core, but fascinating to watch....kind of like watching a snake stalk its prey, LOL!

My fave for the current season is Malcom. And PLEASE get rid of that nutball Phillip and his pink underwear! Who are you rooting for?

Conley
02-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Boston Rob is one of my favorites! He's rotten to the core, but fascinating to watch....kind of like watching a snake stalk its prey, LOL!

My fave for the current season is Malcom. And PLEASE get rid of that nutball Phillip and his pink underwear! Who are you rooting for?

:laugh: I only watched a couple of seasons I think. Was he on the show with Rupert? I kinda hated him but I'm prejudiced against people from Boston for some reason :grin:

oceanloverOH
02-15-2013, 11:34 PM
:laugh: I only watched a couple of seasons I think. Was he on the show with Rupert? I kinda hated him but I'm prejudiced against people from Boston for some reason :grin:

Boston Rob has actually competed in 4 seasons of Survivor, with Rupert Boneham casted with him twice. Survivor Marquesas (2002); Survivor All-Stars (2004, which also starred Rupert, and which Rob's future wife Amber won); Survivor Heroes vs. Villains (2010, which also starred Rupert); and Survivor Redemption Island (2011, which Rob finally won). Though Rupert never won a season of Survivor, he was voted the favorite contestant ever on the show and awarded $1M.

See what happens when you get me started?

Carygrant
02-16-2013, 03:50 AM

You will find Extremist Republicans anywhere you have not sprayed regularly .

Bigred1cav
02-16-2013, 12:23 PM
My wife watches it. I find it repugnant. Award liars and manipulating sociopaths with money and celebrity. A waste.

The host a hunk? That is nonsense he is a 5' nothing dwarf. He is a midget. How can a midget be a hunk?

oceanloverOH
02-16-2013, 03:39 PM
My wife watches it. I find it repugnant. Award liars and manipulating sociopaths with money and celebrity. A waste.

The host a hunk? That is nonsense he is a 5' nothing dwarf. He is a midget. How can a midget be a hunk?

Just my opinion, Bigred, just my opinion. Short men appeal to me.....their height puts them face-level right between my boobs (nice!) and gives me a place to rest my chin. :laughing11:

pjohns
02-17-2013, 01:11 PM

I have not yet determined whom it is I would favor to win it all. But, like you, I wish Phillip could be voted out early.

I was, however, rather sorry to see the same person become the first person voted out for the second time, just last week...

oceanloverOH
02-17-2013, 01:23 PM
I have not yet determined whom it is I would favor to win it all. But, like you, I wish Phillip could be voted out early.

I was, however, rather sorry to see the same person become the first person voted out for the second time, just last week...

Yeah....poor Francesca will have to live with the stigma of being the only contestant that's ever happened to. She needed to stay under the radar for awhile....but some people just can't.

Newpublius
03-16-2013, 01:45 AM
My wife still enjoys the show. First season, voting people off and the rats had me hooked, but now the backstabbing is expected and I'm over it. I'd prefer at some point to see a genuine competition where neutral judges chose the person voted off, maybe just one season.

RtWngaFraud
03-16-2013, 06:39 AM
Just keep sucking up the swill the goobment feeds you. Hey! I think American Idol is coming on next!! Never mind what's going on in the world while you slobber over some second rate game show host.

Captain Obvious
03-16-2013, 07:31 AM
Dumbfuckery, right on schedule.

RtWngaFraud
03-16-2013, 07:33 AM
Dumbfuckery, right on schedule.

Hey, you're the ones who watch that crap, not me. Kills your brain cells, son.

Captain Obvious
03-16-2013, 07:35 AM
One of your many errors is the assumption that I watch this shit.

Never saw a minute of it.

But I'm guessing you're pretty used to failure.

oceanloverOH
03-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Hey, you're the ones who watch that crap, not me. Kills your brain cells, son.

Live and let live, Fraud. What do you do for entertainment.....pull the legs off bugs?

Chris
03-16-2013, 09:45 AM
On Survivor, don't they pull the legs off bugs before eating them? :grin:

Have they ever had a Survivor were the two teams were liberals and conservatives? --Wonder, that might sell, a political reality show.

roadmaster
03-16-2013, 12:03 PM
My fave for the current season is Malcom Yep who wouldn't get along with him but even tho Phillip is a little off, I have a lot of patience.LOL

oceanloverOH
03-16-2013, 02:42 PM
I sure was glad to see Brandon go last week.....what a freaking nutbar! Jeff was "massaging" his shoulders, trying to calm him down....but I think he really was just keeping both hands on the whacko in case he charged someone.