PDA

View Full Version : passing $4.6 billion aid bill backed by Senate

roadmaster
06-27-2019, 04:50 PM
The House passed a $4.6 billion emergency spending bill for the humanitarian crisis on the U.S.-Mexico border, after Democratic leaders scrapped efforts to amend the legislation to add more restrictions on the Trump administration.
The vote was 305-to-102 Thursday and the legislation heads to President Trump, who is expected to sign it, since the Senate already passed the bill earlier in the week. The measure will pump billions into the budgets of agencies, including the Health and Human Services Department, that have been overwhelmed by the influx of Central American migrants at the Southern border.
The decision by House Democratic leaders to bring the Senate-passed bill up for a vote came after hours of frantic maneuvering during which Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) sought support for a new version of the bill containing protections for unaccompanied minors and restrictions on the administration’s use of funds

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-drops-democratic-border-measure-after-moderates-rebel-passing-dollar46-billion-aid-bill-backed-by-senate-trump-administration/ar-AADvNCs

Common
06-27-2019, 05:33 PM
The democrat house knows what the polls are saying, they know they are losing that issue with most americans.

They have been playing the wait see game, letting the border go as long as they can to allow as many in as they can get in before americans force them to act. The polls have increasingly against whats happening at the border and they had no choice but to show they are doing something.

Personally I believe its too late, americans listened to their Rhetoric on illegal immigration for months, theyve listened to democrat house members calling for open borders and eliminating ice. They have lost the illegal immigration issue, but not until theyve flooded us with nothing but more great financial pain more crime and more BS

MisterVeritis
06-27-2019, 05:39 PM
God, I hate the Congress. Billions for illegal aliens but not one cent for defense of the border.

donttread
06-27-2019, 05:45 PM
The House passed a $4.6 billion emergency spending bill for the humanitarian crisis on the U.S.-Mexico border, after Democratic leaders scrapped efforts to amend the legislation to add more restrictions on the Trump administration.
The vote was 305-to-102 Thursday and the legislation heads to President Trump, who is expected to sign it, since the Senate already passed the bill earlier in the week. The measure will pump billions into the budgets of agencies, including the Health and Human Services Department, that have been overwhelmed by the influx of Central American migrants at the Southern border.
The decision by House Democratic leaders to bring the Senate-passed bill up for a vote came after hours of frantic maneuvering during which Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) sought support for a new version of the bill containing protections for unaccompanied minors and restrictions on the administration’s use of funds

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-drops-democratic-border-measure-after-moderates-rebel-passing-dollar46-billion-aid-bill-backed-by-senate-trump-administration/ar-AADvNCs

so when do they start waiting in mexico? Odd that a president who ran on the concept of limiting illegal immigration now has a situation that requires even more money for illegals. not as odd as eight straight years of war from the "peace prize pres" or major intrusion into state's right ( an intrusion that failed) supported by the conservative repub, Bush.
It's almost as if these guys lie to get elected?

nathanbforrest45
06-27-2019, 07:19 PM
so when do they start waiting in mexico? Odd that a president who ran on the concept of limiting illegal immigration now has a situation that requires even more money for illegals. not as odd as eight straight years of war from the "peace prize pres" or major intrusion into state's right ( an intrusion that failed) supported by the conservative repub, Bush.
It's almost as if these guys lie to get elected?

No no, say it ain't so!!

bulletbob
06-27-2019, 07:19 PM
Yes its a dam shame

bulletbob
06-27-2019, 07:27 PM
Im retired due to a disability. I get about 1200 bucks a month on ssdi . I have to pay for my own health 8nsurance and meds 645 a month for cobra coverage and about 350 a month for meds . this leaves me 200 a month and im not elegable for medicad for 24 months while illegals are eligable.
Than god i have savings to supplement my 8ncome.I even had to sell my home.
So when I see non citizens getting socialal security disability food stamps health care housing it burns my ass bad.
Yet

bulletbob
06-27-2019, 09:26 PM
By the way aoc who said kids in custody were dying not tooth paste and she was supporting a strike for people making beds for kids voted aginst the bill.