PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire Like Ohio Says NO To Extremism

JackRuby
02-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Congratulations to New Hampshire for standing up to bullies. Ohio is proud of you.

Jack

http://nhpr.org/post/right-work-defeated

Chris
02-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Supporters of the bill that would ban unions from collecting negotiating fees from non-union employees needed a 2/3rds majority to overturn Lynch’s veto.

Collusion between government and unions is just as bad as that between government and corporations.

BB-35
02-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Congratulations to New Hampshire for standing up to bullies. Ohio is proud of you.

Jack

http://nhpr.org/post/right-work-defeated

Im confused...they stood up to the unions?

JackRuby
02-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Im confused...they stood up to the unions?

Not the way Ohio did. We took ours to referendum and rammed it back up Dictator Kasich's ass by around 2/3. NH's story is different but it didn't turn out like it did for Czar Walker in Wisconsin, North Carolina and others. I mean let us not get it fucked up. No union fanatic here, but it's all about politics and people like that simply wanting to cripple unions because they tend to vote Democrat and donate that way. I guess they figure that is easier than trying to win their vote.

Jack

ptif219
02-16-2013, 07:37 PM
so you think people should not have a choice to join a union and should be forced into joining unions? you want unions and democrats to lord over people. Why not just become communists.

JackRuby
02-16-2013, 08:26 PM
so you think people should not have a choice to join a union and should be forced into joining unions? you want unions and democrats to lord over people. Why not just become communists.

Didn't take long to play the Communist card. I've had four opportunities at four jobs to join one. One I didn't and the other three I did because I not only worked for the government (do YOU trust the government?) and I was in positions where I was surrounded by people who could and would and did sue you at the drop of a hat so I needed that legal protection they provided. The one I didn't no one said a word. Oh and another job was non union and some disgruntled crazy bitch tried to start one and all of us said "no."

I know everyone's told that unions force people to do this that and the other but I think that is overblown for political reasons. I'm sure there are some who lean on people heavily to join but it hasn't been my experience.

People listen to the political arguments about unions but don't stop and use real information and experience. Government workers I get need unions because of the psychos they work for. Cops because of endless possibilities of lawsuits. There's more under the surface than the soundbites. But I have known some to be pretty worthless.

Union Jack

Chris
02-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Didn't take long to play the Communist card. I've had four opportunities at four jobs to join one. One I didn't and the other three I did because I not only worked for the government (do YOU trust the government?) and I was in positions where I was surrounded by people who could and would and did sue you at the drop of a hat so I needed that legal protection they provided. The one I didn't no one said a word. Oh and another job was non union and some disgruntled crazy bitch tried to start one and all of us said "no."

I know everyone's told that unions force people to do this that and the other but I think that is overblown for political reasons. I'm sure there are some who lean on people heavily to join but it hasn't been my experience.

People listen to the political arguments about unions but don't stop and use real information and experience. Government workers I get need unions because of the psychos they work for. Cops because of endless possibilities of lawsuits. There's more under the surface than the soundbites. But I have known some to be pretty worthless.

Union Jack

Was all that before or after you went into the witness protection program? Before or after yo died, ruby?

JackRuby
02-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Was all that before or after you went into the witness protection program? Before or after yo died, ruby?

Again, I'm so glad you online stalkers are so concerned about me. Must not be much on here to moderate. Sucks you can't censor anyone, doesn't it?

Jackboot Thug

roadmaster
02-16-2013, 09:15 PM
I know everyone's told that unions force people to do this that and the other but I think that is overblown for political reasons My dad was not forced into a union but joined and he got better pay. Guess it depends on the union.

Chris
02-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Again, I'm so glad you online stalkers are so concerned about me. Must not be much on here to moderate. Sucks you can't censor anyone, doesn't it?

Jackboot Thug

My my, are you ever getting paranoid and delusional. The point is, jack, you tell stories, make them up, so why should we believe them?

Chris
02-16-2013, 10:35 PM
My dad was not forced into a union but joined and he got better pay. Guess it depends on the union.

Not against unions here at all, just think that, like corporations, once they collude with government, they gain undue power and special favors over general interests.

zelmo1234
02-17-2013, 03:23 AM
Not the way Ohio did. We took ours to referendum and rammed it back up Dictator Kasich's ass by around 2/3. NH's story is different but it didn't turn out like it did for Czar Walker in Wisconsin, North Carolina and others. I mean let us not get it fucked up. No union fanatic here, but it's all about politics and people like that simply wanting to cripple unions because they tend to vote Democrat and donate that way. I guess they figure that is easier than trying to win their vote.

Jack

And we here in MI are very Happy that you did, as the Auto industry makes the short trip back to MI, the nations newest right to work state. Our empty factories are being changed back into manufacturing centers. Ford is planning on hiring over 25000 workers in the state by June of 2014, and most of those are coming from Your State and Canada.

The Unions need to change, Taking Union Dues and using it to buy political power, while the pension funds are causing the employee's to loose as much as 40 cents on the dollar, should be criminal.

The Dems in MI are furious with the right to work laws, as they feel it could hurt there donations by as much as 33%.

Union that actually cared about the plight of the workers, died a long time ago.

JackRuby
02-17-2013, 08:03 AM
And we here in MI are very Happy that you did, as the Auto industry makes the short trip back to MI, the nations newest right to work state. Our empty factories are being changed back into manufacturing centers. Ford is planning on hiring over 25000 workers in the state by June of 2014, and most of those are coming from Your State and Canada.

The Unions need to change, Taking Union Dues and using it to buy political power, while the pension funds are causing the employee's to loose as much as 40 cents on the dollar, should be criminal.

The Dems in MI are furious with the right to work laws, as they feel it could hurt there donations by as much as 33%.

Union that actually cared about the plight of the workers, died a long time ago.

Some unions have a lot of problems no doubt. But in (you name the state) that as all of a sudden in the past few years villified unions and brought this "right to work" stuff up it was all about politics. Nothing more or nothing less. They know where union donations typically go and money wins elections. You crush the unions you defeat a major monster that props up your opponent. Straight out of the Koch Brothers handbook.

Much as I detest politicians there is a lot of blame that cannot be placed on them for the changing employment scene in America. Many jobs that are gone have not been sent overseas. They have been eliminated totally by technology. The job as "office manager" for example hardly exists anymore thanks to computers. The "meter reader" for energy companies are slowly being replaced is another example. You all read that Saturday mail delivery will be no more come August. If America can adapt to this massive change in how we work happens remains to be seen.

zelmo1234
02-17-2013, 08:39 AM
While it has much to do with Politics it is also about jobs, and Manufacturing jobs to be specific

JackRuby
02-17-2013, 08:56 AM
While it has much to do with Politics it is also about jobs, and Manufacturing jobs to be specific

Right. As a direct result of which way the political fallout blows. Classic case study is in Ohio which I often refer because it is so interesting. Governor Kasich wanted to "cripple the teacher's union at the knees" he said. So he used the Obama "ram-through-health-care" tactic and got a pissboy to ram through to his desk through Ohio congress Senate Bill 5 to cripple the unions. In Ohio with the proper number of signatures that were easily obtained, Ohio got Senate Bill 5 up for a referendum vote and voted it down 2/3. Result? Kasich is currently running around telling everyone how under his administration Ohio leads the midwestern states in NEW JOB CREATION.

My takeaway from this true story is this. Unions didn't matter one damned when it came to job creation. It didn't help his Koch Brother anti union crusade that he put thousands of people on unemployment when he became governor so that is why his SB 5 went down in flames. Now on job creation that verdict cannot be denied but whether it in Ohio is because of some magic wand Kasich wove or a natural correcting after a recession remains to be seen. I give him that he has taken steps to make Ohio more "business friendly." That and now Ohio is wide open for fracking which creates jobs.

At the end of the day it was all politics. Kasich I hear is not going there again after getting his head handed to him on SB 5 in hopes that people forget when he is up for reelection next year. He is sorely mistaken.

ptif219
02-17-2013, 09:16 AM

Union Jack

Joining a union should be a choice not forced. Here in Florida there are unions but no one is forced to join. i will not join a union so my money is used to support a political party that will hurt and take away my freedoms. Forcing people to join unions is just another way democrats take away our freedoms and steal our money

ptif219
02-17-2013, 09:17 AM
My dad was not forced into a union but joined and he got better pay. Guess it depends on the union.

if he was not forced then he would have gotten the pay anyway

ptif219
02-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Some unions have a lot of problems no doubt. But in (you name the state) that as all of a sudden in the past few years villified unions and brought this "right to work" stuff up it was all about politics. Nothing more or nothing less. They know where union donations typically go and money wins elections. You crush the unions you defeat a major monster that props up your opponent. Straight out of the Koch Brothers handbook.

Much as I detest politicians there is a lot of blame that cannot be placed on them for the changing employment scene in America. Many jobs that are gone have not been sent overseas. They have been eliminated totally by technology. The job as "office manager" for example hardly exists anymore thanks to computers. The "meter reader" for energy companies are slowly being replaced is another example. You all read that Saturday mail delivery will be no more come August. If America can adapt to this massive change in how we work happens remains to be seen.

That is the problem. Unions are no longer about the workers but are about getting democrats elected

Chris
02-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Right. As a direct result of which way the political fallout blows. Classic case study is in Ohio which I often refer because it is so interesting. Governor Kasich wanted to "cripple the teacher's union at the knees" he said. So he used the Obama "ram-through-health-care" tactic and got a pissboy to ram through to his desk through Ohio congress Senate Bill 5 to cripple the unions. In Ohio with the proper number of signatures that were easily obtained, Ohio got Senate Bill 5 up for a referendum vote and voted it down 2/3. Result? Kasich is currently running around telling everyone how under his administration Ohio leads the midwestern states in NEW JOB CREATION.

My takeaway from this true story is this. Unions didn't matter one damned when it came to job creation. It didn't help his Koch Brother anti union crusade that he put thousands of people on unemployment when he became governor so that is why his SB 5 went down in flames. Now on job creation that verdict cannot be denied but whether it in Ohio is because of some magic wand Kasich wove or a natural correcting after a recession remains to be seen. I give him that he has taken steps to make Ohio more "business friendly." That and now Ohio is wide open for fracking which creates jobs.

At the end of the day it was all politics. Kasich I hear is not going there again after getting his head handed to him on SB 5 in hopes that people forget when he is up for reelection next year. He is sorely mistaken.

The problem here, jack, is you put so much liberal spin on the facts they almost become fiction. For example you claim "Governor Kasich wanted to "cripple the teacher's union at the knees" he said." Google finds nothing of the sort and you offer no links. Another example, suddenly you toss the Koch Brothers in and then fracking in an attempt at guilt by association with what liberals consider evil.

JackRuby
02-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Joining a union should be a choice not forced. Here in Florida there are unions but no one is forced to join. i will not join a union so my money is used to support a political party that will hurt and take away my freedoms. Forcing people to join unions is just another way democrats take away our freedoms and steal our money

Of course though if unions gave to Republicans you would think that is a sweet idea and would encourage people to join?

Jack

JackRuby
02-17-2013, 11:52 AM
The problem here, jack, is you put so much liberal spin on the facts they almost become fiction. For example you claim "Governor Kasich wanted to "cripple the teacher's union at the knees" he said." Google finds nothing of the sort and you offer no links. Another example, suddenly you toss the Koch Brothers in and then fracking in an attempt at guilt by association with what liberals consider evil.

Right. I had the wrong body part he wanted to cripple. Hard to keep up on Kasich's insults................

http://www.plunderbund.com/2010/09/27/john-kasich-on-public-unions-i-want-to-break-the-back-of-teachers-unions/

roadmaster
02-17-2013, 12:13 PM
if he was not forced then he would have gotten the pay anyway

The unions came in to vote for better pay and he joined for the cause. SC doesn't have many unions and tend to pay low wages. Because so many joined they raised the pay, also they helped with breaks ect and better working conditions. So the union helped them in some ways but he didn't like them in the end. Won't go into this.

JackRuby
02-17-2013, 12:26 PM
The unions came in to vote for better pay and he joined for the cause. SC doesn't have many unions and tend to pay low wages. Because so many joined they raised the pay, also they helped with breaks ect and better working conditions. So the union helped them in some ways but he didn't like them in the end. Won't go into this.

I just remembered I had a brief gig of 7 months and declined the union because I knew it was most likely a temporary gig, which turned out to be true. Only one person had a problem with it and that was the bimbo that was the union rep and I think the only reason that bim was pissed was more about her ego than anything else. No one else gave one damn. I am currently in another temporary I hope gig and it is non union. Trouble is it is becoming more temporary that I initially hoped. Hopefully I will have to make such decision on a more permenant basis soon.

Jack

roadmaster
02-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Well dad always liked unions when he was in other states. This one just didn't compare with the others.

Chris
02-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Right. I had the wrong body part he wanted to cripple. Hard to keep up on Kasich's insults................

http://www.plunderbund.com/2010/09/27/john-kasich-on-public-unions-i-want-to-break-the-back-of-teachers-unions/

A blog that quotes him saying two other but still different things, one of which is found in fuller context here: Kasich promises county won’t be forgotten if Republicans regain control (http://starbeacon.com/local/x343701395/Kasich-promises-county-won-t-be-forgotten-if-Republicans-regain-control/print): "“We need more school choice, we need to break the back of organized labor in the schools, and we need to turn our schools into institutions that excite our kids and teach them, and the best way to get it done is to give mothers and fathers the power to take their kids out of bad places and put them in good,” Kasich said to a round of applause."

No where near the liberal spin you put on it.

Alif Qadr
02-17-2013, 03:29 PM

Union Jack
Jack, more times than not, civil service unions are the ones who protect the psychos as well as being psychos themselves.

zelmo1234
02-17-2013, 05:01 PM
I just remembered I had a brief gig of 7 months and declined the union because I knew it was most likely a temporary gig, which turned out to be true. Only one person had a problem with it and that was the bimbo that was the union rep and I think the only reason that bim was pissed was more about her ego than anything else. No one else gave one damn. I am currently in another temporary I hope gig and it is non union. Trouble is it is becoming more temporary that I initially hoped. Hopefully I will have to make such decision on a more permenant basis soon.

STill working at 102, hope you are not putting in to many hours.

Jack

zelmo1234
02-17-2013, 05:03 PM
A blog that quotes him saying two other but still different things, one of which is found in fuller context here: Kasich promises county won’t be forgotten if Republicans regain control (http://starbeacon.com/local/x343701395/Kasich-promises-county-won-t-be-forgotten-if-Republicans-regain-control/print): "“We need more school choice, we need to break the back of organized labor in the schools, and we need to turn our schools into institutions that excite our kids and teach them, and the best way to get it done is to give mothers and fathers the power to take their kids out of bad places and put them in good,” Kasich said to a round of applause."

No where near the liberal spin you put on it.

Come on man he is one old dude, he is intitled to a little spin don't you think? :grin:

Either that our he took a hard left turn and wound up in the land of Irony and Imagination with Cary?

JackRuby
02-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Come on man he is one old dude, he is intitled to a little spin don't you think? :grin:

Either that our he took a hard left turn and wound up in the land of Irony and Imagination with Cary?

Both of you witch hunters can blow me. Too bad I can't post my voting record online but I'm sure you'd ask for the link anyway then say it was forged.

Grandpa, where for art thou????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpnvlCh96kU&playnext=1&list=PL7A45C899A5BB5340&feature=results_main

zelmo1234
02-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Temper, Tempre Jack!

Remember you are entitled to your opnion, but not the facts, and when you state your opnion as fact, and it is proven wrong, then you suffer the consequenes

Adelaide
02-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Not against unions here at all, just think that, like corporations, once they collude with government, they gain undue power and special favors over general interests.

I think the way unions are currently run in the US and Canada is problematic; in theory, I support the concept but I do not support what they currently do and how they behave collectively.

ptif219
02-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Of course though if unions gave to Republicans you would think that is a sweet idea and would encourage people to join?

Jack

You are wrong. Unions should be about workers not politics. Right now I vote constitution party because people like Rove want to get rid of the tea party and conservatives and the christian right. The GOP Washington establishment like rove have destroyed the GOP and what they are supposed to stand for

ptif219
02-17-2013, 06:56 PM

You mean the unions bullied people and take the union dues and support democrats in a conservative state. If unions were not political operatives of the democrats you might have a point

JackRuby
02-17-2013, 07:12 PM
You are wrong. Unions should be about workers not politics. Right now I vote constitution party because people like Rove want to get rid of the tea party and conservatives and the christian right. The GOP Washington establishment like rove have destroyed the GOP and what they are supposed to stand for

I agree with your statement about unions and applaud your post from start to finish. Damn well said! Both parties need to clean out their headgear and refit for duty or fold up. Looks to me they are committing a slow suicide by their own stupidity. Maybe some real Americans can establish "for the good of the country" parties?

Jack

Chris
02-17-2013, 08:13 PM

Exactly, as I said earlier there should be no collusion between government and unions. Unions should survive on their own without the political support cheered in the OP.

ptif219
02-17-2013, 10:43 PM
I agree with your statement about unions and applaud your post from start to finish. Damn well said! Both parties need to clean out their headgear and refit for duty or fold up. Looks to me they are committing a slow suicide by their own stupidity. Maybe some real Americans can establish "for the good of the country" parties?

Jack

Thanx, I have been in unions and know how they work. As I have said I vote Constitution party because it seems Rove and other Establishment republicans do not want the conservatives or the tea party

Carygrant
02-18-2013, 04:02 AM
My my, are you ever getting paranoid and delusional. The point is, jack, you tell stories, make them up, so why should we believe them?

Sanctimonious drivel .
Most of your Cartoon Graphs rank as fiction . What's the difference ?