PDA

View Full Version : Obama To Order Cuts in Travel, Cellphones, and Swag.....

MMC
11-10-2011, 09:08 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-order-cuts-travel-cellphones-swag-110026839.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is coming out against swag.

That's swag, as in the coffee mugs, pens, T-shirts and other public relations articles that federal government agencies purchase with taxpayer money to promote their work.

The swag ban is part of an executive order the president will sign on Wednesday to cut waste and make government more efficient. Obama has been using his executive powers on modest proposals to promote job creation, assist homeowners and consumers, or alleviate spending.

Besides putting an end to the promotional gear, the new order directs agencies to reduce travel spending, cut back on cellphones and laptops issued to employees, cut down the size of the executive vehicle fleet and post documents online instead of printing them — measures that individually would hardly merit a White House news release.

The administration's goal is to cut spending by 20 percent in areas covered by the executive order.

Among examples cited by the White House of cost-cutting already under way are the Internal Revenue Service's plan to cut 27 percent of its travel costs by relying more on teleconferences and webinars and the Homeland Security Department's decision to conduct annual audits to reduce the number of unused cellphones and air cards.

At the Commerce Department, the White House said, the agency has reduced the number of fleet drivers to one for all top departmental officials, including for new Secretary John Bryson.....snip~

Oh, now he gets it.....I got one Question. Why the Hell Didnt the Dems and Obama do this when he first stepped into Office. Why wait 3 and half years. Thats 3 years of Waste that we could have reduced? >:(

Conley
11-10-2011, 09:11 AM
This is our plan for reducing the deficit? No more Obama t-shirts and mugs. OK. I'm pretty sure they had a back log of those anyway. Somehow I don't think they're as popular as they were three years ago.

GRUMPY
11-10-2011, 03:44 PM
missing from that story is the fact that our prez is now off to bali.......but hey boys and girls tighten your belts....

Conley
11-10-2011, 03:46 PM
missing from that story is the fact that our prez is now off to bali.......but hey boys and girls tighten your belts....

Ugh. I didn't know that.

I did read he is going to San Diego to watch a basketball game tomorrow. ::) ::)

MMC
11-10-2011, 03:55 PM

Ugh. I didn't know that.

I did read he is going to San Diego to watch a basketball game tomorrow. ::) ::)

Oh, so he wont be stopping for a dinner plate of 35k. Whats he going to call this one.....kibbles & bits. Only 10k. Uhm the Pros are on lockout. So whos he going to see?

Conley
11-10-2011, 04:19 PM

Ugh. I didn't know that.

Oh, so he wont be stopping for a dinner plate of 35k. Whats he going to call this one.....kibbles & bits. Only 10k. Uhm the Pros are on lockout. So whos he going to see?

North Carolina and Michigan State. They are playing a basketball on an aircraft carrier, the Vinson.

Don't ask me to explain it because I can't.

Captain Obvious
11-10-2011, 05:36 PM
This is a fucking joke.

More meaningless symbolism that will amount to dick to feed to the liberal idiots who will now say BO is taking measures to cut spending.

Mental masturbation - nothing more.

MMC
11-10-2011, 11:02 PM
I like the order on travel with the all governement agencies. Especially the IRS. But this includes phones given out to people. Cards with Air time. Lab-top Computers. Now what we the People need to do is get their own Congressmen and Senators from traveling all over the place.

I might not care for Obama but cutting 20% in this little venture is a big deal. But then again why didnt the Dems do it when they had the chance. Just why did Obama wait 3 years.

Another thing all the little shit adds up. Having an Open white House to the Public and parties needs to stop to. Moreso the parties and giving out all these awards to artists. It was the same thing they said about pork. Yet this time this order covers all aides, and Depts in the Fed Government.

spunkloaf
11-13-2011, 05:25 PM
This is a fucking joke.

More meaningless symbolism that will amount to dick to feed to the liberal idiots who will now say BO is taking measures to cut spending.

::)

*sigh* By now, I HAVE to assume you're not just some asshole who says crap he doesn't understand. Just a thought....if you don't let your primitive anger get in the way, people might listen to you more, and you'll shorten the divide between two kinds of people with identical goals.

Captain Obvious
11-14-2011, 08:41 PM
This is a fucking joke.

*sigh* By now, I HAVE to assume you're not just some asshole who says crap he doesn't understand. Just a thought....if you don't let your primitive anger get in the way, people might listen to you more, and you'll shorten the divide between two kinds of people with identical goals.

Tell me, what kind of savings will any of this amount to?

Give me some figures.

... or shut the fuck up.

spunkloaf
11-15-2011, 10:30 PM
This is a fucking joke.

Tell me, what kind of savings will any of this amount to?

Give me some figures.

... or shut the fuck up.

You don't know dick about jack, that's why you keep blaming liberals. Have some self accountability.

... or else I insist that you shut the fuck up instead.

Conley
11-16-2011, 09:18 AM
:o :D Disturbing on so many levels...