PDA

View Full Version : Argument about men's role in society in two tweets.

CCitizen
07-14-2019, 07:42 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26362&stc=1

Sergeant Gleed
07-14-2019, 10:55 PM
What? Bitches aren't vicious and violent? Who could argue that with all the Rampaging Chimpette videos on YouTube?

Peter1469
07-15-2019, 04:47 AM
Stay off Twitter.

donttread
07-15-2019, 09:37 AM
I mostly agree with Loren although I do think we need to do more to teach our sons that violence, other than self defence, is not the answer. My son was already bigger than I was in high school, yet I told him only half jokingly that if he ever roughed up a girl/woman I'd find a way to knock him on his ass. But we need to teach this to our daughters along with things like sex isn't a tool to control and punish your man. Some experts consider withholding sex to be abuse. If you think of it in terms of emotional abuse it makes sense.
DV is far, far, far more complex than people like Sophie want you to know.
1) Physical DV is committed by woman much more commonly than they want you to believe
2) Lesbian relationships have a very high rate of DV
3) Non physical abuses are likely equally committed by men and women or close to it.
4) If you want to bitch about gender pronouns as recently as 2 years ago someone called my attention to a high profile DV crisis website that used only "her" to describe the victims.

Collateral Damage
07-15-2019, 10:05 AM
I mostly agree with Loren although I do think we need to do more to teach our sons that violence, other than self defence, is not the answer. My son was already bigger than I was in high school, yet I told him only half jokingly that if he ever roughed up a girl/woman I'd find a way to knock him on his ass. But we need to teach this to our daughters along with things like sex isn't a tool to control and punish your man. Some experts consider withholding sex to be abuse. If you think of it in terms of emotional abuse it makes sense.
1) Physical DV is committed by woman much more commonly than they want you to believe
3) Non physical abuses are likely equally committed by men and women or close to it.
4) If you want to $#@! about gender pronouns as recently as 2 years ago someone called my attention to a high profile DV crisis website that used only "her" to describe the victims.
Choosing to not participate in sex is considered 'abuse'? Treating it as 'abuse', which also puts it under legal ramifications, is called coercion..... you CANNOT force someone to give of themselves physically against their will, it is illegal.

CCitizen
07-15-2019, 03:30 PM
Stay off Twitter.

Reading Twitter and online arguments in general can be more exciting then playing video games. I am addicted to reading online arguments.

As a result, there are many Runescape quests which I have not completed. I am still in top 0.5% of players.

CCitizen
07-15-2019, 03:31 PM
Choosing to not participate in sex is considered 'abuse'? Treating it as 'abuse', which also puts it under legal ramifications, is called coercion..... you CANNOT force someone to give of themselves physically against their will, it is illegal.

Definitely -- it's not legally abuse but it is most likely a relationship breaker.

donttread
07-15-2019, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=Collateral Damage;2643601]Choosing to not participate in sex is considered 'abuse'? Treating it as 'abuse', which also puts it under legal ramifications, is called coercion..... you CANNOT force someone to give of themselves physically against their will, it is illegal.[/QUOTE

What? There are no legal ramifications any more than there are for emotional abuse. so certainly there is no compelling someone to have sex . Some consider it a form of abuse when women ( or men) use sex as a weapon for control or manipulation, that's all. Abuse comes in many forms but when leveled at an adult most of the non-phyical abuse is legal.

Rationalist
07-15-2019, 06:45 PM
4) If you want to $#@! about gender pronouns as recently as 2 years ago someone called my attention to a high profile DV crisis website that used only "her" to describe the victims.
The way I see it, if the girl you're with is considering withholding sex as a punishment, a few things are at play...

1) She's probably getting it with someone else.
2) You probably suck at sex.
3) You probably should just exit the relationship and get it with someone else.

Chris
07-15-2019, 06:55 PM
Both, you can't have one without the other.

Peter1469
07-15-2019, 09:06 PM
Reading Twitter and online arguments in general can be more exciting then playing video games. I am addicted to reading online arguments.

As a result, there are many Runescape quests which I have not completed. I am still in top 0.5% of players.
What? You are usually bitching that you need financial help because of your disability. How about more work and less play?

donttread
07-16-2019, 01:57 PM
The way I see it, if the girl you're with is considering withholding sex as a punishment, a few things are at play...

1) She's probably getting it with someone else.
2) You probably suck at sex.
3) You probably should just exit the relationship and get it with someone else.

So you hurried up and did the honey do list so she wouldn't withhold. Got it.

donttread
07-16-2019, 02:00 PM
Both, you can't have one without the other.

So men couldn't do the hard work if they were not violent? Is that what you are saying?

Chris
07-16-2019, 05:53 PM
So men couldn't do the hard work if they were not violent? Is that what you are saying?

Just that men evolved as both, cooperative and competitive.

CCitizen
07-16-2019, 06:18 PM
Just that men evolved as both, cooperative and competitive.

I guess you are right. But the widely accepted scapegoating of men in Western Society 2019 (1990s --) is very wrong. It is the only acceptable and widely celebrated prejudice.

In Russia 1919 (and for centuries), there was a widely accepted prejudice against Jews.

In America 1776 (and for centuries up to 1960s) there was enormous discrimination against African Americans.

Is modern Society more humane then it was centuries ago?

Chris
07-16-2019, 07:07 PM
I guess you are right. But the widely accepted scapegoating of men in Western Society 2019 (1990s --) is very wrong. It is the only acceptable and widely celebrated prejudice.

In Russia 1919 (and for centuries), there was a widely accepted prejudice against Jews.

In America 1776 (and for centuries up to 1960s) there was enormous discrimination against African Americans.

Is modern Society more humane then it was centuries ago?

Agree, the neo-Marxist, postmodern framing of Western men as oppressors is very wrong.

CCitizen
08-05-2019, 08:59 PM
Another tweet summing up Modern Western Thought:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26473&stc=1
Notice 114,983 likes.

Peter1469
08-06-2019, 04:03 AM
A man looks at people who lump men in with rapists and assholes with mild amusement and dismisses them as useless.

You are describing something less than a man.

Another tweet summing up Modern Western Thought:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26473&stc=1
Notice 114,983 likes.

Rationalist
08-06-2019, 08:47 AM
A man looks at people who lump men in with rapists and $#@!s with mild amusement and dismisses them as useless.

You are describing something less than a man.

He's probably just a cuck who's virtue signalling in an attempt to get laid.

CCitizen
08-06-2019, 07:30 PM
He's probably just a cuck who's virtue signalling in an attempt to get laid.
The most horrible thing is that he summarizes one of Modern Western Liberal tenants. He is not an outlier. About 80% of all Liberals and 40% of all Americans would agree.

How would it look like if a Jew considered all Jews complicit in Capitalist Oppression? In Modern World, such a person would be shunned by Polite Society. In USSR, Dr. Daniel Luntz was a respectable psychiatrist working with patients guilty of Anti-Communist Speech (Article 70 Penal Code). Anti-Semitism was one reason we left USSR.

As I have said, every Society has it's acceptable prejudice.