PDA

View Full Version : Bad Idea: Universal Pre-K Schooling

Taxcutter
02-19-2013, 09:50 AM
So, of course, Hussein Obama (the dummy-in-chief) is gung-ho for it.

http://blog.penelopetrunk.com/2013/02/18/universal-preschool-is-bad-for-everyone/

quote:
“Women don’t want a preschool system.”

“Preschool does not help most kids”

“The idea that kids should learn to read, write, and add when they are very young has been thoroughly disproven (http://educationnext.org/much-too-early/)”

“…the rich don’t even bother with preschool (http://www.forbes.com/2008/05/15/wealth-education-parenting-biz-billies-cx_lm_0515richkids.html)—they know their kids will be fine without it.”

“…universal pre-K is a babysitting service.”

“This country is already an absolute mess because we funnel kids through an education system for fifteen years to get to a college system that is a ponzi scheme (http://blog.penelopetrunk.com/2011/09/05/what-to-do-in-college-right-now/).”

“One of the largest education trends is middle class parents taking kids out of school.”

Taxcutter says:
What would you expect from a man as profoundly ignorant as Hussein Obama?

Cigar
02-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Kinda adding up here sport ... don't shoot your wad all at once :)

Morningstar
02-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Head Start has proven to be an utter failure.

So I don't know why they want to continue down that road...

Cigar
02-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Head Start has proven to be an utter failure.

So I don't know why they want to continue down that road...

What?

Morningstar
02-19-2013, 02:31 PM
What?

Head Start doesn't change outcomes.

Cigar
02-19-2013, 02:32 PM

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you ...

That doesn't mean it don't work for anyone else

Morningstar
02-19-2013, 02:38 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4697531

" Forty years after it began, Head Start remains extremely popular, even though there have long been questions about whether it really does help poor children do better in school. Now the first phase of a large-scale study seems to confirm what critics have suspected for years..."

Morningstar
02-19-2013, 02:39 PM
It's just a waste of money.

You can't beat the culture of poverty with a government program.

Cigar
02-19-2013, 02:40 PM
I don't need to look up statistics or links to statistics ... I know first hand from people I actually know.

... and that's enough for me.

Morningstar
02-19-2013, 02:42 PM
I don't need to look up statistics or links to statistics ... I know first hand from people I actually know.

... and that's enough for me.

Anecdotal evidence isn't valid.

Mister D
02-19-2013, 02:43 PM

Nope. Blacks are still at the bottom.

Cigar
02-19-2013, 02:43 PM
It's just a waste of money.

You can't beat the culture of poverty with a government program.

There are millions of senors who are not in poverty now because of government programs ... you'd think after getting their ass handed to them twice in a row, The GOP would learn. But luckily for the Democrats ... The GOP is stubborn ans stupid ... exactly the way I like it, losing Elections.

Cigar
02-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Nope. Blacks are still at the bottom.

Just keep on singing that song ... I like it like that. :thumbsup20:

Mister D
02-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Just keep on singing that song ... I like it like that. :thumbsup20:

You've always hated the truth. When did you guys make up?

Mister D
02-19-2013, 02:46 PM
There are millions of senors who are not in poverty now because of government programs ... you'd think after getting their ass handed to them twice in a row, The GOP would learn. But luckily for the Democrats ... The GOP is stubborn ans stupid ... exactly the way I like it, losing Elections.

I don't think he's a Republican either. Given your poor education it's not surprising you can't think in non-partisan terms.

Cigar
02-19-2013, 02:48 PM
I don't think he's a Republican either. Given your poor education it's not surprising you can't think in non-partisan terms.

In life ... there's Winners and Losers ... :tongue:

Mister D
In life ... there's Winner and Losers ... :tongue:

True enough. The losers are of course quite a dark bunch.

Morningstar

You have to work and contribute to qualify for Social Security.

You fund yourself, and you don't even get a very good return. There was nothing stopping people from funding their own retirements. All SS does is babysit some of your own money.

That is a different thing. Thinking that free preschool is going to turn some ghetto kid into a scholar is just stupid.

Mister D
02-19-2013, 02:49 PM

You fund yourself, and you don't even get a very good return. There was nothing stopping people from funding their own retirements. All SS does is babysit some of your own money.

That is a different thing. Thinking that free preschool is going to turn some ghetto kid into a scholar is just stupid.

Yes, it is.

Cigar
02-19-2013, 02:50 PM

Yea I guess you're right ... :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Morningstar
02-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Head Start is nearing 50 years in existence, and black students are just barely graduating at a 50%+ rate.

In 2013!!!

Mister D
02-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Head Start is nearing 50 years in existence, and black students are just barely graduating at a 50%+ rate.

In 2013!!!

Right.

Cigar
02-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Myron Rolle, to just name one, I could go on and on, but you ladies continue, it's fun to watch.

... enough said

Mister D
02-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Myron Rolle, to just name one, I could go on and on, but you ladies continue, it's fun to watch.

... enough said

Actually, you couldn't. The stats are what they are.

Cigar
02-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Actually, you couldn't. The stats are what they are.

Brandon E. Turner

Morningstar
02-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Head Start doesn't work.

Parenting is what works.

Mister D
02-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Brandon E. Turner

Who is he? What did he do? Who cares?

Mister D
02-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Cigar what is the purpose of bringing these people up? :afro:

Cigar
02-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Who is he? What did he do? Who cares?

My point exactly ... but how would a smart guys like you know :grin:

Mister D
02-19-2013, 03:32 PM
My point exactly ... but how would a smart guys like you know :grin:

That black intellectuals are obscure? :laugh: Well, I wouldn't go that far. I guess you failed Self-Esteem?

So what is the point of bringing these random people up? Did you have a point?

Mister D
02-19-2013, 03:33 PM

... enough said

Enough said about what? Head Start? What's the connection? Even if there is one it's one guy out of how many? Millions?

Cigar
02-19-2013, 03:36 PM
:grin: A little angry today ... just wait until tomorrow ... it gets better

Mister D
02-19-2013, 03:40 PM
:grin: A little angry today ... just wait until tomorrow ... it gets better

Not at all but we see you had no point. Thanks, home slice. :afro:

roadmaster
02-19-2013, 04:49 PM
It will never work if parents are not their for the children. A waste of taxpayers money and just gives them free babysitting.