PDA

View Full Version : Survey Said.......Why do I feel like I'm on Family Feud



killianr1
02-21-2013, 01:47 PM
29 percent of Americans have never heard of the sequester, and a full 40 percent of Americans believe we should allow the cuts to go into effect,



only 31 percent would blame the president, while 49 percent would blame the GOP in Congress.


70 percent of Americans say that major deficit reduction legislation should be a priority.

And there you have it.

http://www.presstv.com/usdetail/290161.html

Cigar
02-21-2013, 01:52 PM
I can't wait for the next Man Made Catastrophe

Next thing you know, we'll have a Woman President or worse ... and Hispanic with a long memory :grin:

Mister D
02-21-2013, 01:57 PM
I can't wait for the next Man Made Catastrophe

Next thing you know, we'll have a Woman President or worse ... and Hispanic with a long memory :grin:

That would be a crushing blow to blacks and an impossibility without a large white vote. :afro: The brothuz were a little dismayed when Hispanics became the number 1 minority. Oh oh! People are starting not to care about the brothuz!

killianr1
02-21-2013, 03:47 PM
The most interesting thing about this survey was 29% had no idea what the sequester was.
That leaves 71% who did understand.
Yet 49% blamed Repubicans and 31% blamed Democrats. That totals to 80%
Hence, 9% were total idiots.

Peter1469
02-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Most probably don't know that the "cuts" are not cuts. Just slower growth than projected.

Cigar
02-22-2013, 06:26 AM
That would be a crushing blow to blacks and an impossibility without a large white vote. :afro: The brothuz were a little dismayed when Hispanics became the number 1 minority. Oh oh! People are starting not to care about the brothuz!

The Brothuz love being under the radar .... and in your White House. :)

zelmo1234
02-22-2013, 06:30 AM
I can't wait for the next Man Made Catastrophe

Next thing you know, we'll have a Woman President or worse ... and Hispanic with a long memory :grin:

I am thinking that you are correct it will be a Women or a Hispanic. Both will be a hard turn right from where we are today!

zelmo1234
02-22-2013, 06:35 AM
I wonder how many know that we already had tax increases.

And I wonder how many would be for it if it was 2% across the board, everyone that works pays more in taxes. That means that 53% of the population would start paying federal income tax and this would be a real increase in revenue.

But better yet, how many understand that the President has the power to decide what is going to be cut within each department.

Mister D
02-22-2013, 07:49 AM
The Brothuz love being under the radar .... and in your White House. :)

That's what Affirmative Action is for! :afro:

Peter1469
02-22-2013, 08:14 AM
I wonder how many know that we already had tax increases.

And I wonder how many would be for it if it was 2% across the board, everyone that works pays more in taxes. That means that 53% of the population would start paying federal income tax and this would be a real increase in revenue.

But better yet, how many understand that the President has the power to decide what is going to be cut within each department.

Yes, the payroll tax holiday ended and everyone who gets a pay check got a tax increase. Despite the President's promise that he would not raise taxes on the middle class. After the first paychecks of the year the news ran stories of people shocked to see that they no longer could pay all of their bills. I assume that they were living pay check to pay check (I did for many years). Those stories didn't run for long.

The President (and his top bureaucrats) have limited power to decide what will be cut if sequestration takes effect. That law was written to take much discretion away. In general it amounts to an across the board cut of ~10% for DoD and less for civilian agencies.* In DoD there is one exception- military payroll. There has been talk of 800,000 DoD civilians being laid off. That is incorrect. They will be furloughed for 22 days (1 working month). That would be an effective 20% pay cut. But they are being pricks about it. They won't let the employee choose how to take the days off. They will require civilians to take one day off per week for 22 weeks. If I were a DoD civilian I would want the choice to take my days all at once. I would get a Euro-rail pass and go to Paris, Rome, Berlin, Vienna, etc.

* Note that this is a cut in planned projected spending; not actual cuts.

The often repeated cries of the dangers of sequestration is nothing but political posturing.