PDA

View Full Version : I’ll NEVER Vote Republican Again — EVER!

Cigar
02-22-2013, 02:25 PM
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2013/02/caren-tom-teves-ap-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

Caren and Tom Teves, who live in Phoenix, said they have supported McCain in the past, including his last campaign. “I have voted Republican my whole life,” Tom Teves told TPM. “I’ll never vote Republican again — ever.”

The mother of a young man killed in the Aurora, Colo. movie theater massacre told TPM on Thursday she was appalled at the way Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) handled her question about an assault weapons ban at a town hall event in Phoenix. “I was very surprised that a senator, who has been in office for over 30 years, would address a grieving mother, who just lost her son exactly seven months prior — yesterday was the 20th, I lost my son on 7-20-2012 — to tell me that I needed ‘some straight talk,’” Caren Teves said by phone.

At Wednesday’s town hall, Teves told McCain that her son, Alex, was killed in the massacre, and she urged the senator to support a ban on assault weapons. McCain responded: “I can tell you right now you need some straight talk. That assault weapons ban will not pass the Congress of the United States.” The crowd, many of whom appeared to be pro-gun, burst into cheers and applause at McCain’s comments. But Teves said she wasn’t phased by that, and those cheers, as captured by a local TV news crew, were only part of the story.

“I wasn’t surprised,” Teves said. “It’s a large, divided issue. I did start my sentence with — and I believe this — ‘I am a supporter of the Second Amendment.’ What they did not show you in that clip was after I did say that the military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines don’t belong on our streets, there was also some huge support and applause that unfortunately was cut out of that clip.” Teves was accompanied at the town hall event by Patricia Maisch, the woman who helped stop shooter Jared Lee Loughner in the Tucson, Ariz., massacre in January 2011. Maisch also recorded McCain’s comments on video, and later told TPM she was disappointed by the senator’s response. “I always wish there was a more positive outcome after those events,” Maisch said.

Teves said her husband recently wrote McCain a letter addressing the Aurora shooting, which took the lives of their son and 11 other people. But she said McCain’s office responded with a impersonal form letter that focused on an an entirely different massacre: the elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn. Neither McCain nor his staff approached her after the town hall event, she added.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/02/mccain-gun-control-aurora-mother.php?ref=fpa

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/130222-how-to-talk-to-a-grieving-mother-by-senator-john-mccain.jpg

Beautiful job Senator McCain, just Beautiful.

~ Now let's hear for the people on the internet ...

Mister D
02-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Who cares?

Chris
02-22-2013, 02:29 PM
I swore that long ago, but then Palin ran and I broke my vow. But never again!!

Or Democrat.

Cigar
02-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Kinda reminds me of the Popular GOP Debate Circus :smiley_ROFLMAO:

I guess ... making enemies and losing elections is in the bones.

You're right ... who cares. :grin:

Mister D
02-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Kinda reminds me of the Popular GOP Debate Circus :smiley_ROFLMAO:

I guess ... making enemies and losing elections is in the bones.

You're right ... who cares. :grin:

It's a non-story, Cigar. The only thing that might have been of interest is that you once again demonstrated your lack of character.

zelmo1234
02-22-2013, 02:47 PM
At least he told her the truth, the ban is not going to pass the house or the Senate.

And would not do any good if it did

Mister D
02-22-2013, 02:48 PM
At least he told her the truth, the ban is not going to pass the house or the Senate.

And would not do any good if it did

Exactly but leave it to Cigar to exploit the pain of the victims families.

Bigred1cav
02-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Obviously who cares is not the gop tea baggers or nra. Dead children murdered by firearms are just another way of testing manhood for dimwits.

zelmo1234
02-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Obviously who cares is not the gop tea baggers or nra. Dead children murdered by firearms are just another way of testing manhood for dimwits.

And the assult weapons ban saves kids how?

Mister D
02-22-2013, 02:57 PM

Maybe he had Vietnam flashbacks. :wink:

hanger4
02-23-2013, 04:27 PM
It appears MSNBC and other Newsies were using edited video again to make their agendized point.

http://freebeacon.com/msnbc-uses-selectively-edited-video-to-smear-mccain/

Poor Cigar, his leash must be so short that when MSNBC, ThinkProgress

and the others that think for him cough

he can't swallow till they post a new lie.

Mister D
02-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Some people are shameless and not easily embarrassed. I'd like to think that this would make the person in question think twice about his sources as well as his mindless partisanship but I know it won't.

BB-35
02-23-2013, 07:20 PM

Firearms never murdered anyond,kid

Mister D
02-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Firearms never murdered anyond,kid

He's actually a murderous Vietnam war criminal.

Pete7469
02-23-2013, 08:30 PM
He's actually a murderous Vietnam war criminal.

He's probably one of the bed wetting pouges that was scared shitless when mortars landed near his office, and was bitter that he didn't fit in with the hippie douchebags that at least had the balls to burn their draft cards and flee to canada. I doubt he heard a shot fired in combat but I don't think murder is beneath him.

I tend to have a lot of respect for 'Nam vets. When I came home we were cheered, there were parades and stadiums filled with supporters. 'Nam vets got spit on by oxygen thief libtard commie scum like bigreddouche1, yet he chose to promote the agenda of the enemy over the country he claims to have served.

A better illustration of the weakest link can not be found.