PDA

View Full Version : What is the % of elected officials that are Chamber of Commerce members

SpectateSwamp
02-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Way too high for the CofC to be non political organization I'd say.

My guess would be, that it is over 90%

Here in Canada they held a meet the candidates forum where the public was excluded. Only Chamber members and the town councils from Osyoos and Oliver were allowed to attend.

http://www.osoyoostimes.com/news/2011/04/13/oliver-federal-candidates-forum-to-be-closed-to-public/#comments

KC
02-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if somehow all these special interests could be separate from the political process?

Conley
02-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Welcome Spectate!

Why is it bad for elected officials to be members of the CoC? I mean as far as I know the CoC is non governmental but shouldn't they be allowed to have whoever they want as members?

SpectateSwamp
02-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Unless you fell off the turnip truck you'd would have witnessed their election rigging acts.

The CofC is a political action committee (PAC) Google: "chamber of commerce" pac

They plant questions and steal elections for their members ALL the time.

I have videoed them planting questions. When they ask for questions from the public at forums they have their members in the
audience with the loaded questions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhKYGJs_xE4 With a tap tap the planted question was moved to the active pile.

CofC members threatened a councilor over his stand for our homeless people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYOKWz2Em5s

When I ran for office 20 years ago I witnessed all kinds of questions being planted..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKwxLB6jO54 (yellowhead speaks 1993)
I painted my head yellow and attacked them all.

For all these transgressions They should not be allowed to attend, let alone sponsor political forums. There should be jail time for those acts.

I have all the signatures needed to run in the provincial election here in British Columbia Canada 14May2013

Captain Obvious
02-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Moved into an appropriate forum - the "Technical Issues and Questions" are for forum software, computer related "technical" questions.

KC
02-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Moved into an appropriate forum - the "Technical Issues and Questions" are for forum software, computer related "technical" questions.

I'm not sure this is about the US chamber of commerce, I think it's about the Canadian CofC and should be in world affairs.

SpectateSwamp
02-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Not much difference between the CofC here in Canada or the USA

It is a crime against the people

Mainecoons
02-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Not much difference between the CofC here in Canada or the USA

Can you substantiate this statement?

Peter1469
02-26-2013, 01:44 PM
The Chamber of Commerce in the US tends to represent the interests of small businesses- which is the engine of our economy. It represents free markets, unlike Big Business and their lobby.

SpectateSwamp
02-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Take a camcorder and record any CofC sponsored political forums. You'll catch them planting questions. Small business seldom represents the majority.

Why should unnamed CofC members be allowed to put questions to the candidates. Most forums require Citizens to announce their names and addresses when presenting questions.

Have you ever seen questions being planted? I have.

Hillary Clinton planted some when she was running for President. It's so wrong at every level.

SpectateSwamp
03-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Where are Your *&%# votes?
and reasoning behind them. Posts and views are fine but votes speak to the question.
Quit being so noncommittal. Step up and vote.

Peter1469
03-02-2013, 01:25 PM
I imagine that most are, especially at the local level. But I see that as a good thing.

Forrest
03-04-2013, 06:23 AM
National Chamber of Commerce of the USA is a sleazy organization that support those who like cheap
illegal alien labor. The Chamber works to stop passage of E-Verify, a simple system that lets an
employer check an employees legal status.