PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Leader Calls For Cain to Drop Presidential Bid.....

MMC
11-12-2011, 02:30 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/10/tea-party-leader-calls-for-cain-to-drop-out/

The leader of a tea party group is calling for scandal-embroiled GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain to drop out of the race.

Judson Phillips, the founding leader of Tea Party Nation, said Cain’s flailing response to sexual harassment allegations brought forward by several women was simply unacceptable.

“Herman Cain has got to go,” Judson said in an email to Tea Party Nation members. “I do not believe Cain’s accusers. There are too many questions about them. The allegations are not why Cain should leave. The campaign’s response is why he should now withdraw.”

“Ten days in, the Cain campaign is still stumbling around like newly castrated cattle. [Campaign manager] Mark Block should have been gone nine days ago,” Phillips continued. “Cain should have a competent team in place by now as well as someone really good at crisis management. So far, it is not there.”

When the allegations against Cain first surfaced, Phillips called them a “hatchet job,” but the Cain campaigns response has convinced Phillips that Cain is not prepared for office.

“If Cain cannot run his own campaign, how is he going to run the country? A few days ago, I would have been willing to accept Cain as the nominee. Cain was not my first choice but I could have easily supported him. No longer.”

Phillips said his first choice for the GOP nomination is former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.....snip~

Looks Like the Tea Party Nation is going to ride with Gingrich. But this does mark the first Direct call for Cain to Drop out of the Race. Plus Cain stated he pulled in like 9 mil. Yet he has set no staff for Florida or Iowa.

We know he won't take Texas and NH. Plus if Murphy and the Cali repubs won't back him. Plus Indiana and Mississippi. Then just how is Mr Cain in it to win it?

Peter1469
11-12-2011, 07:46 AM
The Tea Party(ies) should not cite to the media generated/invented Cain controversy. They should only cite to Cain's links to the Banksters in asking him to bow out.

Captain Obvious
11-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Just the TP trying to drag an opponent down further, nothing more.

MMC
11-12-2011, 08:34 AM
It's not all of the Tea partiers tho. Still if he cant pull Florida, Texas, Indiana, Illinois, California, NH and Iowa, how can he win?

Conley
11-12-2011, 09:20 AM

Weren't the TPers big supporters of Cain to begin with?

I think of that group as pretty independent minded people anyhow, even if this guy is the supposed head of the group I'm sure many in their ranks will do as they want, not as they're told. It's pretty bold of any one chump to tell these guys when to quit.

GRUMPY
11-12-2011, 10:52 AM

I think of that group as pretty independent minded people anyhow, even if this guy is the supposed head of the group I'm sure many in their ranks will do as they want, not as they're told. It's pretty bold of any one chump to tell these guys when to quit.

there is no such thing as a tea party leader.....as for cain he is still pulling in cash....i said before watch gingrich, he has clearly been the most clear and articulate voice of conservatism and seems to have recovered from his early foot in mouth re paul ryan's plan......regardless any of the rep candidates is clearly better than obama and capable of winning despite the legacy media......

Conley
11-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Gingrich also had that issue when a lot of his staff quit when he chose to go on a cruise with his third wife instead of attending a debate. Ancient history now but I still don't see him committed to winning, much less having a shot.

GRUMPY
11-12-2011, 12:09 PM

there is no such thing as a tea party leader.....as for cain he is still pulling in cash....i said before watch gingrich, he has clearly been the most clear and articulate voice of conservatism and seems to have recovered from his early foot in mouth re paul ryan's plan......regardless any of the rep candidates is clearly better than obama and capable of winning despite the legacy media......

he is very dangerous especially with perry dead in the water and cain possibly losing steam....no one on either side of the aisle wants to debate gingrich.....