View Full Version : Gun Owner and Vietnam Vet talks about Assault Weapons

Cigar
02-26-2013, 08:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlrCnCJsozw&feature=player_embedded

:icon_salut::flag:

hanger4
02-26-2013, 08:16 AM
Semi-Automatic rifles ain't for hunting

they're for protection against tyrannical government.

Cigar
02-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Semi-Automatic rifles ain't for hunting

they're for protection against tyrannical government.

Good Luck

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/m1a2_abrams.jpg

Chris
02-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Well, this might have turned into a discussion.

Cigar
02-26-2013, 08:38 AM
I can't think of one time in my 50 years that said, boy if only I sad an AR-15.

Chris
02-26-2013, 08:40 AM
So? Good luck!

Cigar
02-26-2013, 08:42 AM
So? Good luck!

Luck has nothing to do with it ...

Peter1469
02-26-2013, 08:57 AM
If there was a widespread revolution the army would likely split- some would fight it, some would join it, and some would sit it out. Anyway, there isn't going to be a conventional revolution. If anything it would be more like what we see in Afghanistan.

Cigar
02-26-2013, 09:00 AM
If there was a widespread revolution the army would likely split- some would fight it, some would join it, and some would sit it out. Anyway, there isn't going to be a conventional revolution. If anything it would be more like what we see in Afghanistan.

So you're betting on treason against the United States of American ... just because Republicans lost an Election

Chris
02-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Good Luck

Luck has nothing to do with it ...

I know.

Peter1469
02-26-2013, 09:10 AM
So you're betting on treason against the United States of American ... just because Republicans lost an Election

How did you come to that conclusion?

I wasn't expressing support or opposition to anything. I expressed what I believed might happen with the military if there was a second American revolution.

Cigar
02-26-2013, 09:14 AM
How did you come to that conclusion?

I wasn't expressing support or opposition to anything. I expressed what I believed might happen with the military if there was a second American revolution.

Well ... based on our changing demographics ... let's just say it wouldn't last that long. :)

Agravan
02-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Well ... based on our changing demographics ... let's just say it wouldn't last that long. :)
So tell us, Cigar, why do you think it would be over quickly when insurgencies in ther parts of the world are so difficut to overcome? Is it because your messiah wouldn't be as worried over innocent American lives as he is over muslims? You have absolutely no clue as to the makeup of this country if you think the entire, if any, military would support your leader. You bring up the fact that the military has tank, jets, etc, without even considering that the afghan and Iraqi insurgents have neither, and how long did it take to wipe them out? Oh wait.....

hanger4
02-27-2013, 08:01 AM
Legal gun owner talks about AR 15's

Editor, the Gazette:

I selected the AR-15 as my Home Defense weapon. My rifle has a collapsible stock, in other words, I can shorten it up by about eight inches. This allows for greater maneuvering around my furniture and house in case I have an intruder. Unfortunately, most Americans gain their “knowledge” of weapons from movies and TV shows. The action hero or TV cop superstar fires one or two shots and the bad guy crumbles. This is not reality. Ask any combat veteran or police officer gunfight survivor. Better still, go online to YouTube and watch real life dash cam videos of law enforcement gunfights. Many times, the bad guy is shot multiple times before being stopped. Last year, a highly skilled and trained Columbus Police officer was attacked by a knife-wielding crazed man. The officer shot this guy seven times and still had to have multiple officers assist in subduing him. A famous picture of a mad man is in nearly every law enforcement textbook. It shows the body of a drug-crazed man who was shot 33 times with 9mm bullets by police officers. The complete story is the man walked two city blocks and climbed a flight of stairs before succumbing to his gunshot wounds. This is the real world!

These are the main five reasons I selected to own an AR-15 rifle. I share this because I want to assist in finding true and workable solutions to the gun violence. I would welcome open dialogue in discussing gun ownership and the expectation of a safe society.

Joe Minney Chillicothe

Read the entire letter. (http://www.chillicothegazette.com/article/20130226/OPINION03/302260012/Local-man-defends-ownership-AR-15-rifle?nclick_check=1)

Cigar
02-27-2013, 08:08 AM
So tell us, Cigar, why do you think it would be over quickly when insurgencies in ther parts of the world are so difficut to overcome? Is it because your messiah wouldn't be as worried over innocent American lives as he is over muslims? You have absolutely no clue as to the makeup of this country if you think the entire, if any, military would support your leader. You bring up the fact that the military has tank, jets, etc, without even considering that the afghan and Iraqi insurgents have neither, and how long did it take to wipe them out? Oh wait.....

Because it's all talk and zero action ... :tongue:

hanger4
02-27-2013, 08:15 AM

No shit Cigar;

cause there's "zero action".

There needs to be action taken by one side

to necessitate action by the other.

Agravan
02-27-2013, 04:25 PM

Be careful what you wish for, Goober.