PDA

View Full Version : Walker Leads all but Feingold in Wisconsin Polling

KC
02-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Scott Walker's approval numbers have dropped since November. On our final pre-election poll we found 51% of Wisconsin voters approving of him to 46% who disapproved. That's dropped now to 48% approval and 49% disapproval. The decline has come mostly with Democrats, who have gone from 15% approval of him down to 9%. Nevertheless Walker leads all but one of the Democrats we tested against him. He's up 4 points on Ron Kind at 46/42, 5 on Peter Barca at 48/43, 6 on Jon Erpenbach at 48/42, 7 on Steve Kagen at 48/41, and 9 on Mahlon Mitchell at 48/39.

The Democrat with the best shot at Walker- just as we found in all of our pre-recall election polling last year- would be Russ Feingold. Feingold has thoroughly rehabilitated his image after his 2010 loss and is now seen favorably by 53% of voters in the state to 37% with a negative opinion. That makes him more popular than any other major political figure in the state. He would start out leading Walker 49/47 in a hypothetical head to head, including a 52/42 lead with independents.

It wouldn't be so awful to have a Walker vs. Feingold election in 2014. I don't agree with Feingold on all that many issues, but he's got a particularly good reputation for a Democrat, given he was the only US Senator to vote against the Patriot Act, which I definitely give him points for.

I would still probably vote for a third party candidate with no chance of winning, but it would be interesting to see how it would play out.

Conley
02-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Hmm. Not a great choice but like you I give Russ a lot of points for standing up to the Uniting (and) Strengthening America (by) Providing Appropriate Tools Required (to) Intercept (and) Obstruct Terrorism Act. I hate the stupid names they come up with too.

KC
02-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Hmm. Not a great choice but like you I give Russ a lot of points for standing up to the Uniting (and) Strengthening America (by) Providing Appropriate Tools Required (to) Intercept (and) Obstruct Terrorism Act. I hate the stupid names they come up with too.

I supported Russ in 2010 for that reason alone, actually. Even if he is a *gasp* Democrat we need more politicians who are willing to stand up to counter terrorism.

nic34
02-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Gosh, the next person you guys will be supporting is Bernie Sanders.... YAY!

KC
02-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Gosh, the next person you guys will be supporting is Bernie Sanders.... YAY!

Bernie Sanders' views on war and individual liberty are great. I think highly of him, even though I disagree with his views on economics completely.

nic34
02-26-2013, 05:17 PM
He get's that a lot...

Mainecoons
02-26-2013, 05:24 PM
This constant polling is silly and meaningless.

Pete7469
02-27-2013, 12:17 AM
Feingold makes ONE decent vote and you support him for that? Domestiaclly speaking he's as big a statist asshole as any other elitist pig, and he's clearly tilted towards collectivism.

KC
02-27-2013, 12:46 AM
Feingold makes ONE decent vote and you support him for that? Domestiaclly speaking he's as big a statist asshole as any other elitist pig, and he's clearly tilted towards collectivism.

He was the only Senator to make that decent vote. I would argue most politicians are heavily oriented towards collectivism.

zelmo1234
02-27-2013, 03:09 AM
http://www.chicagofed.org/digital_assets/others/region/midwest_economy/wisconsin_commentary.pdf

Why would the people of WI want to go backwards?

http://www.twincities.com/ci_22036247

He has your budget under control too!

But you can keep all of the snow that fell in Madison last night. It seems that everytime I come over hear it snow on me!

Cigar
02-27-2013, 08:05 AM
This constant polling is silly and meaningless.

Especially when you're always on the losing end