PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Signs Off

Conley
07-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Beck didn't mention Fox News' plan--announced today--to replace him with a roundtable show, "The Five." But he frequently plugged his website, GlennBeck.com, directing viewers wanting to follow his post-Fox career there. (The site redirects to GBTV.com, where Beck was due to host a webcast a half hour after his Fox News show ended.)

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/glenn-beck-signs-off-fox-news-show-become-223643319.html

So Beck is done at Fox News. I haven't followed the story too closely. I assume he still had killer ratings, no? Was it just an issue of Beck wanting more money and FN not willing to pay? Seems odd he would leave such a high paying job, is he burned out?

MMC
07-02-2011, 09:41 AM
I think it was Ego that put him over the top. Comments on Israel, End of the World stuff, and the false prophet mentality.

Mister D
07-02-2011, 12:10 PM
A round table might be cool. That's just the kind of show I might watch when I get home from work. I guess it will all depend on the calibre of the hosts.

Regarding Beck, his ratings were actually falling towards the end but I thin he was still dominating the time slot.

Conley
07-02-2011, 12:17 PM
A round table might be cool. That's just the kind of show I might watch when I get home from work. I guess it will all depend on the calibre of the hosts.

Regarding Beck, his ratings were actually falling towards the end but I thin he was still dominating the time slot.

Five people sounds like a bit much to me...hopefully they get good folks or else seems like it could end up in a shouting match. I used to like the McLaughlin Group on PBS. FALSE!! ;D

Mister D
07-02-2011, 12:20 PM

Five people sounds like a bit much to me...hopefully they get good folks or else seems like it could end up in a shouting match. I used to like the McLaughlin Group on PBS. FALSE!! ;D

Well, the McLaughlin Group could have been better. The problem was that it was the McLaughlin Group. That guy was a few cards short of a full deck.

Mister D
07-02-2011, 12:22 PM
:D Can you imagine if it was Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Olbermann, and Maddow with JUan Williams in the middle?

MMC
07-02-2011, 12:48 PM
No....but I can see it being some of the same-o same-o people. Bill Bennet, and some of the other Repub Startegists. He might go for Katy Kay of the BBC. Wonder if Gloria Borger and David Gergin would go on Becks new deal?

Conley
07-02-2011, 12:53 PM
:D Can you imagine if it was Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Olbermann, and Maddow with JUan Williams in the middle?

:D I would love that...and make it live, with no delay. I bet it would get...colorful ;D

MMC
07-02-2011, 12:56 PM
It might be worth it if it is on HBO and at the same time as Maher is on.....then Beck can say thins just like Maher does.

Conley
07-02-2011, 01:01 PM
It might be worth it if it is on HBO and at the same time as Maher is on.....then Beck can say thins just like Maher does.

ooh good idea, hbo. they can have a special appearance by halperin and he can talk about obama being a dick too ;)

MMC
07-02-2011, 01:10 PM
http://www.politicalhotwire.com/images/smilies/bbc/f_doh.gif lol

Mister D
07-02-2011, 02:03 PM
I remain hopeful. This could be good. Probably won't...but it could be good.

Conley
07-02-2011, 02:31 PM
I remain hopeful. This could be good. Probably won't...but it could be good.

:D

ever the optimist ;)

Mini Me
04-27-2023, 06:27 PM
:D I would love that...and make it live, with no delay. I bet it would get...colorful ;D
Olbermann would cut them into pieces, reduce them to tears!
:jawdrop:

Tahuyaman
04-27-2023, 06:31 PM
Olbermann is a hateful clown. No wonder you like him.

The Booman
04-27-2023, 06:47 PM
from his basement?

carolina73
04-27-2023, 07:40 PM
from his basement?

Do you think Mini-Me realizes he opened a 2011 thread and he is responded to a poster that has not been on the forum for 10 years?

Mister D
04-27-2023, 07:47 PM
Do you think Mini-Me realizes he opened a 2011 thread and he is responded to a poster that has not been on the forum for 10 years?

Lol He's almost blind (really) so I don't blame him for making these mistakes. I blame him for being painfully unfunny. It's almost like he practices.

Cletus
04-27-2023, 08:15 PM

They would be tears of laughter.

The Booman
04-27-2023, 08:22 PM

Magoo doesn't realize anything.

DGUtley
04-28-2023, 06:07 AM
Olbermann would cut them into pieces, reduce them to tears! :jawdrop:
@Mini Me (https://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=3476) - exactly how did you resurrect (and why) a 12-year old thread? I'm curious as to the thought process behind this.

NoisyBoy
04-28-2023, 06:37 AM
I'm like...does he mean Carlson? Until I saw the thread date. Olbermann should have stuck to sportscasting.I actually liked him back then.