PDA

View Full Version : What are the Dems hiding about impeachment inquiry?

Peter1469
10-15-2019, 07:45 PM
What are the Dems hiding about impeachment inquiry? (https://nypost.com/2019/10/14/what-are-the-democrats-hiding-about-impeachment-inquiry/)

This is a long and detailed article about the main topic we have been discussing- the so called impeachment inquiry.

Like me-

America’s top two Trump-hating newspapers, The New York Times and The Washington Post, have now both called on Speaker Nancy Pelosi to hold a vote of the full House of Representatives to make the “impeachment inquiry” truly official — and to set rules like those for the inquiries targeting Presidents Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton, so that the minority party and the White House weren’t totally sidelined.

Oops. But that would not fit Schiif's and Pelosi's agenda. There is a reason they are doing this in the Intelligence Committee. To hide everything from the public and frame the debate, and as we have already found, on lies.

Read the rest of the article if you are interested.

carolina73
10-16-2019, 08:55 AM
Everything that does not fit their narrative. What does fit their claims leaks everyday.

Exactly the same way that CNN and MSNBC works.

MisterVeritis
10-16-2019, 12:06 PM
It is a coup. It is pretty simple really.

ripmeister
10-16-2019, 12:42 PM
What are the Dems hiding about impeachment inquiry? (https://nypost.com/2019/10/14/what-are-the-democrats-hiding-about-impeachment-inquiry/)

This is a long and detailed article about the main topic we have been discussing- the so called impeachment inquiry.

Like me-

Oops. But that would not fit Schiif's and Pelosi's agenda. There is a reason they are doing this in the Intelligence Committee. To hide everything from the public and frame the debate, and as we have already found, on lies.

As an aside I thought the Times and WAPO are in the pockets of the Dems?

MisterVeritis
10-16-2019, 01:01 PM
As an aside I thought the Times and WAPO are in the pockets of the Dems?
Occasionally they commit a random act of journalism.

Orion Rules
10-16-2019, 01:22 PM
The investigation has nothing to hide. The real concern is what does the White House and involved players have to hide by not giving over important documents that witnesses gave to the investigation.

WATCH: Schiff, Pelosi say House will not yet call for formal Trump impeac/ment vote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lSaSQ_IWzc

Standing Wolf
10-16-2019, 01:26 PM

Like me-

I understand that it almost sounds like an oxymoron, but you DO know that there are Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee, right?

ripmeister
10-16-2019, 01:57 PM
occasionally they commit a random act of journalism.
lol

carolina73
10-16-2019, 03:48 PM
Who are not allowed to call witnesses, which is why only known hostiles are being called. Then they clsoed the meeting so that Republicans could not leak but Schiff is because he is not going to punish himself. If a Republican did what he is tdoing hen he would have them removed..

Peter1469
10-16-2019, 05:48 PM
Occasionally they commit a random act of journalism.
For once I scrolled down. That is exactly what I was going to say in response to Rip.

Peter1469
10-16-2019, 05:53 PM
I understand that it almost sounds like an oxymoron, but you DO know that there are Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee, right?
The hearings are classified. The public can not get any accurate information about what was asked and what was said. We don't even know whether the Repubs on the Intelligence Committee are allowed to ask question of the witnesses.

WAPO adopted a catchy tag line: democracy dies in darkness.

Standing Wolf
10-16-2019, 06:13 PM
The hearings are classified. The public can not get any accurate information about what was asked and what was said. We don't even know whether the Repubs on the Intelligence Committee are allowed to ask question of the witnesses.

Both houses of Congress hold closed door meetings all the time, for various reasons.

MisterVeritis
10-16-2019, 06:15 PM
Both houses of Congress hold closed door meetings all the time, for various reasons.
But not for impeachment.

This is a coup.

Peter1469
10-16-2019, 06:17 PM
Not for impeachment.

Give me your reasons as to why you think the way this is handled is appropriate.

ripmeister
10-17-2019, 09:20 AM

This is a red herring. There are numerous Rep on the committee and they are allowed their time to question the witnesses.

Peter1469
10-17-2019, 09:23 AM
This is a red herring. There are numerous Rep on the committee and they are allowed their time to question the witnesses.

How do you know whether the Repubs can ask questions or not?

In your mind secret hearings are legitimate for an impeachment? Why do you think so?

Standing Wolf
10-17-2019, 11:09 AM
Not for impeachment.

Give me your reasons as to why you think the way this is handled is appropriate.

For one thing, Peter, look at the way Trump publicly excoriates and insults any perceived "enemy" - and the manner in which he characterizes their criticism of anything he does or says as "treason", even hinting at treating them "like we used to", i.e., putting them up against a wall and shooting them. The most powerful individual on the planet is completely out of control in terms of his rhetoric and public pronouncements. He has publicly and shamelessly sought to intimidate witnesses and potential witnesses; he has, inasmuch as he is able to, taken a fire ax to the whole process.

Standing Wolf
10-17-2019, 11:10 AM
How do you know whether the Repubs can ask questions or not? ....

Why would you assume that they cannot? What evidence do you have for that conjecture?

MisterVeritis
10-17-2019, 11:12 AM
Coups are executed with as much speed and secrecy as is possible. This is a coup.

Standing Wolf
10-17-2019, 11:23 AM
Coups aare executed with as much speed and secrecy as is possible. This is a coup.

According to the dictionary, a coup is "a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government".

I don't see "sudden"...I don't see "violent"...and I sure as Hell don't see "illegal".

If you disagree, why don't you take a break from the usual apocalyptic hyperbole and explain?

MisterVeritis
10-17-2019, 11:43 AM
According to the dictionary, a coup is "a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government".

I don't see "sudden"...I don't see "violent"...and I sure as Hell don't see "illegal".

If you disagree, why don't you take a break from the usual apocalyptic hyperbole and explain?
The Democrats are conducting a series of illegal, sudden, secret attempts to overturn an election. It is a coup. You may pick nits if you like. It changes nothing.

Would you feel better if I called it a quiet coup? It makes no difference to me.

If this coup succeeds, there will be violence. Deservedly so.

Peter1469
10-17-2019, 11:50 AM
For one thing, Peter, look at the way Trump publicly excoriates and insults any perceived "enemy" - and the manner in which he characterizes their criticism of anything he does or says as "treason", even hinting at treating them "like we used to", i.e., putting them up against a wall and shooting them. The most powerful individual on the planet is completely out of control in terms of his rhetoric and public pronouncements. He has publicly and shamelessly sought to intimidate witnesses and potential witnesses; he has, inasmuch as he is able to, taken a fire ax to the whole process.
Due process is not on your side.

One of the Founder's beef with the Crown was Star Chambers. And now we have one of our own.

As for the "whistle blower" he seems to be part of the soft coup to overturn the 2016 election. Trump is correct to call him out.

Peter1469
10-17-2019, 11:51 AM
Why would you assume that they cannot? What evidence do you have for that conjecture?

Because this is behind closed doors for a reason. And it is nefarious.

Peter1469
10-17-2019, 11:52 AM
The Democrats are conducting a series of illegal, sudden, secret attempts to overturn an election. It is a coup. You may pick nits if you like. It changes nothing.

Would you feel better if I called it a quiet coup? It makes no difference to me.

VDH calls it a soft coup.

MisterVeritis
10-17-2019, 12:01 PM
VDH calls it a soft coup.
I know Mark Levin calls it a silent coup.

It is a coup.

Cletus
10-17-2019, 12:05 PM

Watching Nadler and Schiff in their open hearings.

Standing Wolf
10-17-2019, 12:09 PM

Call it a "coup" if you like, V. Call it whatever you like. Words, as we're often reminded, have meaning. If you choose to ignore the plain and established meaning of that one, you're making no one appear foolish but yourself.

As for violence - there's a legal way to deal with that, too.

Standing Wolf
10-17-2019, 12:11 PM

Then so is every grand jury ever called.

MisterVeritis
10-17-2019, 12:12 PM
Call it a "coup" if you like, V. Call it whatever you like. Words, as we're often reminded, have meaning. If you choose to ignore the plain and established meaning of that one, you're making no one appear foolish but yourself.

Words do have meanings. This is a coup. Strip away modifiers and you can come to the truth. As a coup supporter you won't.

Right. We have the example of Antifa. How will you deal with tens of thousands of violent acts?

MisterVeritis
10-17-2019, 12:14 PM
This is not a grand jury. But it is a coup. And you support it.

Cletus
10-17-2019, 12:15 PM

Maybe the definition of coup needs to be revised. This is an attempt to seize power from the legally elected President of the United States. It isn't based on an abuse of power by the President. It has been in the works since before he took office. It is an abuse of the legal system by the plotters. It is not an attempt to remove a President for "high crimes and misdemeanors". It is an attempt by the plotters to negate the will of the People and impose their own. The fact they are abusing the Constitution to do it makes it even more heinous.

Those behind this effort should all be hanged.

Cletus
10-17-2019, 12:17 PM
As you yourself have pointed out, this is not a criminal process. It is a political process. It should be open and transparent.

Peter1469
10-17-2019, 12:20 PM
The grand jury is called for by the 5th Amendment. We have never used a Star Chamber to attack a president. Why now? Because impeachment is a political act it out to be 100% transparent. In the future your plan will lead to a Schiff like lie removing a president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN4CJ8MYLTY

Standing Wolf
10-17-2019, 12:25 PM
Words do have meanings. This is a coup. Strip away modifiers and you can come to the truth. As a coup supporter you won't.

Right. We have the example of Antifa. How will you deal with tens of thousands of violent acts?

Despite your horrified denials when called on it, you really do relish the thought of shooting public officials and blowing things up, don't you , V? Or, rather, letting other people do it. Wouldn't want to jeopardize your own freedom and comforts, certainly.

There are, of course, established ways of dealing with terrorists and criminals - however justified or righteous they may see themselves as being. Old men having temper tantrums and grumbling about revolutions and civil wars do not concern the average American, V, regardless of their political affiliation.

The system will work, if permitted to. Calling into question the validity or legality of every judgment, action or event that displeases him is what your Dear Leader has always done, and he has stepped it up in recent days to the point where even his more astute supporters are becoming embarrassed, while his less astute supporters have been left to imitate his baseless accusations, conspiracy theories and angry, over-the-top rhetoric.

The Republic has survived having a spoiled, arrogant child-man in the White House these past 2+ years - it will certainly survive his going away.

Peter1469
10-17-2019, 12:28 PM
Maybe the definition of coup needs to be revised. This is an attempt to seize power from the legally elected President of the United States. It isn't based on an abuse of power by the President. It has been in the works since before he took office. It is an abuse of the legal system by the plotters. It is not an attempt to remove a President for "high crimes and misdemeanors". It is an attempt by the plotters to negate the will of the People and impose their own. The fact they are abusing the Constitution to do it makes it even more heinous.

Those behind this effort should all be hanged.
That is exactly what this is.

Peter1469
10-17-2019, 12:32 PM
Despite your horrified denials when called on it, you really do relish the thought of shooting public officials and blowing things up, don't you , V? Or, rather, letting other people do it. Wouldn't want to jeopardize your own freedom and comforts, certainly.

There are, of course, established ways of dealing with terrorists and criminals - however justified or righteous they may see themselves as being. Old men having temper tantrums and grumbling about revolutions and civil wars do not concern the average American, V, regardless of their political affiliation.

The system will work, if permitted to. Calling into question the validity or legality of every judgment, action or event that displeases him is what your Dear Leader has always done, and he has stepped it up in recent days to the point where even his more astute supporters are becoming embarrassed, while his less astute supporters have been left to imitate his baseless accusations, conspiracy theories and angry, over-the-top rhetoric.

The Republic has survived having a spoiled, arrogant child-man in the White House these past 2+ years - it will certainly survive his going away.
That does not make a high crime or misdemeanor. Play with the impeachment process at your peril. I think Americans are going to punish you in 2020 over this.

Standing Wolf
10-17-2019, 12:40 PM
Maybe the definition of coup needs to be revised. ....

Revised to fit the needs of some to make the charge that others are engaged in a "coup"? C'mon, Cletus - you know better than that.

Orion Rules
10-17-2019, 01:19 PM
Michael Cohen's entire statement to the House committee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEvaN_F4iiE

Peter1469
10-17-2019, 01:21 PM
Michael Cohen's entire statement to the House committee

This is from February. It is not part of the Star Chamber.

Orion Rules
10-17-2019, 01:37 PM
This is from February. It is not part of the Star Chamber.

It is powerful testimony that explains why the President of the United States is in trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY_Dl6s29DY

gamewell45
10-17-2019, 02:06 PM

And perfidious as well.

Standing Wolf
10-17-2019, 03:15 PM
And perfidious as well.

There must be some way to shoehorn the word "ilk" into this line of discussion.

ripmeister
10-17-2019, 03:32 PM
How do you know whether the Repubs can ask questions or not?

In your mind secret hearings are legitimate for an impeachment? Why do you think so?

I didn't comment on the secrecy question, rather the R's having their chance. I'm all for transparency unless its a security issue .

carolina73
10-17-2019, 03:54 PM
Little Schiff never had a problem with leaking so why should Republicans? We could get a highlight reel of Democrat blunders.

MisterVeritis
10-17-2019, 04:15 PM

I see clearly what must happen. You do not.

This coup is on the verge of failing. The train of coups will not stop until the coup plotters have been executed, and the coup supporters put in appropriate prisons.

Peter1469
10-17-2019, 05:31 PM
It is powerful testimony that explains why the President of the United States is in trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY_Dl6s29DY
Trump is in trouble because he pissed off the Deep State.

Standing Wolf
10-17-2019, 05:34 PM

This coup is on the verge of failing. The train of coups will not stop until the coup plotters have been executed, and the coup supporters put in appropriate prisons.

Now you're just being a cartoon, V.

MisterVeritis
10-17-2019, 06:09 PM
Now you're just being a cartoon, V.
LOL. Are you claiming I am "cartoonish?"

Orion Rules
10-17-2019, 08:45 PM

Three F.B.I. (two former) Directors carry a case that involves numerous agents, witnesses, prosecutors, ambassadors, diplomats, legislators, aides, media(s), report(s), +. All are involved in a conspiracy against the President.

You suggest 'an insurrection' vs. "a coup" v. the President, to break the law, but have not provided a single substantial source of why 1 should follow you into a ditch.

Rake the coals. Prove who, what, how, time, date, event, sources.

Too much is at stake, X, you lack integrity as depth, X, courses X.

You're right. There are prison cells.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/15/us-charges-turkish-bank-tied-to-giuliani-client-with-evading-sanctions.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNoXo9xOT0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWUPZlSFWnI

zachroidott
10-17-2019, 10:30 PM
You do not conduct formal legal processes based on the personality traits of parties involved. Asinine.

Standing Wolf
10-17-2019, 10:42 PM
LOL. Are you claiming I am "cartoonish?"

Your forum persona certainly is.

Cletus
10-17-2019, 11:19 PM
Revised to fit the needs of some to make the charge that others are engaged in a "coup"? C'mon, Cletus - you know better than that.

Revised to reflect reality. You know as well as I do that the Democrats have intended to pursue impeachment since before Trump even took office. He is the moist "investigated" President in history, and with very little cause other than his abrasive personality.

The last time I checked, that is not grounds for removal from office.

Standing Wolf
10-18-2019, 07:57 AM
Revised to reflect reality. You know as well as I do that the Democrats have intended to pursue impeachment since before Trump even took office. He is the moist "investigated" President in history, and with very little cause other than his abrasive personality.

We'll see.

Orion Rules
10-18-2019, 08:48 AM

A 'conspiracy against a President' by Republicans.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPdJvHZp8tc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egwGBN6r4DM

'A conspiracy vs. a President' by [...] = a sham. Write a letter to Congress, work for Alex Jones, alternate media of 'What issues?", 0, 'A witch hunt against the President exists', 0, 'is based on conspiracy theories'. 0 (zero points). 0=zero=0 equals=zero=0 points. Turn a stone, sherlocks. Dumber is, 'will wage a revolution vs. it', of, 'dumber dupes we are to believe entertainment news is right.'

'You are leaderless, "i" am it, fall in the ditch with us, major investigations are a sham.'

'We'll be there to help you.' < faker news. Lie after lie after lie of times X#oftimes of lie after lie after lie lies.

MisterVeritis
10-18-2019, 09:04 AM
Your forum persona certainly is.
I love it when my opponents finally mimic me by using my words or pale variants.

Imitation is flattery.

Orion Rules
10-18-2019, 09:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPMFU9Nzxb8

Standing Wolf
10-18-2019, 11:15 AM
I love it when my opponents finally mimic me by using my words or pale variants.

Imitation is flattery.

If you've characterized others as "cartoonish", I'm not aware of it. Perhaps your assumption that other members pay so much attention to you that they commit what you write to memory is mistaken.

Peter1469
10-18-2019, 03:00 PM
The Dems can't impeach the president. Then the Senate would hold a trial in public and we will know what they testify to and they will be cross examined. It would hurt the Dems for their fake accusations to come out.

Orion Rules
10-18-2019, 06:08 PM
The Dems can't impeach the president. Then the Senate would hold a trial in public and we will know what they testify to and they will be cross examined. It would hurt the Dems for their fake accusations to come out.

The fake accusations shown to the world at large, but you can't see any. It is all made up by investigators and a paper trail of witnesses that a White House has been used as a conduit for personal adventures that benefit a few's personal business interests, wealth accumulation, rank and status, involving offcial positions, large sums of money, corruption, of lying, the slandering of investigations and those hurt by it, lawsuits, lying, coverups, fake news, 'wars are good'.

Nothing there, 0, just stacks of evidence, accumulated during a "witch hunt" that graciously adds to where the Mueller Report was dismissed by [...] with lots of money, want more, behave as ---- that deserves all $0.00. The extortion process of taking an agent's case apart as useless perps with money tear witnesses apart. Slandered by useless testimony of slanderers of authorities higher than your ---- never stopped.

I signed.