PDA

View Full Version : The SCOTUS list if a Dem wins

Peter1469
10-16-2019, 05:38 PM
The SCOTUS list if a Dem wins (https://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/demand-justice-scotus-list-is-too-extreme-even-for-obama/)

SCOTUS is a major factor in presidential election. The potential nominees on Demand Justice's list should horrify any American.

This election season has seen an unprecedented repudiation of President Barack Obama and his legacy by far-left Democratic presidential candidates and left-wing interest groups who believe that his radical administration simply was not radical enough. Nowhere is that clearer than in the list of potential Supreme Court candidates released today by left-wing dark money group Demand Justice.

Demand Justice’s list has 32 names on it. Only four of those are Obama-nominated judges. Shockingly, only eight have any judicial experience at all! While President Trump’s list of Supreme Court nominees currently includes 24 individuals, of whom 23 are experienced federal or state judges, the extremists at Demand Justice have clearly taken a different tack. Their list — which they are lobbying Democratic candidates to adopt — is wholly consumed by far-left activism and identity politics.

They see the courts as their ticket to implementing their radical policy agenda, which includes gutting the First and Second Amendments, establishing a right to illegal immigration and abortion on demand straight through birth, and destroying our economy by imposing burdensome regulations on everyone from Main Street to Wall Street.

And the newly published list neatly lines up with their radical policy agenda. For every specific policy goal that the extreme left wants to implement, Demand Justice has provided a name — or two or three — of an ultra-liberal lawyer who has made that cause a focus of his or her activism.

We are finally moving towards a Court that respects the Constitution and SCOTUS's place in the nation. Demand Justices's list would end any pretext of our Constitution being relevant.

Standing Wolf
10-16-2019, 06:11 PM
I have to question the honesty - not to mention the accuracy - of the thread title. You don't honestly believe that THIS would be "the SCOTUS list if a dem wins", do you, Peter?

I'll grant you that a name or two from it might find its way onto "the SCOTUS list" if AOC were to win the election, but are the odds of that happening even calculable?

No one takes something like this seriously, and promoting such an idea is more of a Republican scare tactic than anything else.

Peter1469
10-16-2019, 06:15 PM
I have to question the honesty - not to mention the accuracy - of the thread title. You don't honestly believe that THIS would be "the SCOTUS list if a dem wins", do you, Peter?

I'll grant you that a name or two from it might find its way onto "the SCOTUS list" if AOC were to win the election, but are the odds of that happening even calculable?

No one takes something like this seriously, and promoting such an idea is more of a Republican scare tactic than anything else.

I don't invent thread titles. I cut and paste the article's title. If one reads the article it becomes quickly clear about who made the list. And the candidates for president that would refer to it.

Does that clear things up?

texan
10-16-2019, 06:25 PM
It worked. I am now scared.