PDA

View Full Version : Why we need term limits

Mainecoons
03-07-2013, 04:24 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/mar/7/graham-mccain-blast-paul-filibuster/

Thanks to Paul, Obama was forced to admit in public that he can't kill U.S. citizens from the air without trial using drones.

These "old bulls" need to go to the hamburger machine.

Pete7469
03-07-2013, 04:31 PM
There also needs to be limits on how long petty buearucrats can stay in office. Some of the worst damage done to our freedom was because J. Edgar Hoover amassed enough power to make the FBI what it is. They should still be wearing sport coats and carrying .38 revolvers. If they need more firepower they can get help from locals.

Then we have these turds in all these dept's that do nothing but compound regulations and stiffle efficiency in order to justify their salaries.

Alif Qadr
03-07-2013, 05:15 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/mar/7/graham-mccain-blast-paul-filibuster/

Thanks to Paul, Obama was forced to admit in public that he can't kill U.S. citizens from the air without trial using drones.

Killing citizens, for what reason? Have they murdered others? Did they just speak about murdering people, plot to murder people or associate with those who have a history of murdering others? Even if the items in the second question are real, that is no reason to kill them in turn. The purpose of the Constitution for the United States is to prevent such actions by government. Simply implying, planning or communicating with those who are murderers is no cause for the enactment of a death penalty. Heck, if this was the case, a enormous number of citizens would be summarily executed. Which leads to the trial of the "Cannibal Cop" in NYC. Legally, there is no grounds for trying this man and the only reason it is being prosecuted is that it is a kite run. The waters are being tested to see if a majority of people will go along with it so that plans for murdering citizens can be carried out under pretext of the person or persons plotting to murder others. What a wicked world we do live in.

Chris
03-07-2013, 05:21 PM
John McCain and Lindsey Graham need tarring and feathering.

gamewell45
03-07-2013, 05:23 PM
There also needs to be limits on how long petty buearucrats can stay in office. Some of the worst damage done to our freedom was because J. Edgar Hoover amassed enough power to make the FBI what it is. They should still be wearing sport coats and carrying .38 revolvers. If they need more firepower they can get help from locals.

While your at it, why not make them drive '38 DeSotos.

Captain Obvious
03-07-2013, 05:54 PM
There will never be significant, honest political reform.

Ever.

Mainecoons
03-07-2013, 06:03 PM
While your at it, why not make them drive '38 DeSotos.

Aren't they overpaid enough already?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitebeard/126150416/

:grin:

gamewell45
03-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Aren't they overpaid enough already?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitebeard/126150416/

:grin:

Honestly I have no idea what they get paid, but I know that you couldn't pay me enough to be an FBI agent. Who wants to go to work knowing that people may shoot at you.

Peter1469
03-07-2013, 10:13 PM

It is amazing that so few democrats support Paul in his fight. This filibuster has given me hope that the republic might yet be saved. If enough people paid attention - and understood what was actually at stake....

Peter1469
03-07-2013, 10:14 PM
John McCain and Lindsey Graham need tarring and feathering.

They didn't disappoint anyone who was paying attention. They were always statists. To them the Constitution is an after-thought.

Alif Qadr
03-10-2013, 12:29 PM

Ever.
Unfortunately, I believe the above to be T-R-U-E

Alif Qadr
03-10-2013, 12:30 PM
They didn't disappoint anyone who was paying attention. They were always statists. To them the Constitution is an after-thought.

Sad but true.

Alif Qadr
03-10-2013, 12:36 PM
It is amazing that so few democrats support Paul in his fight. This filibuster has given me hope that the republic might yet be saved. If enough people paid attention - and understood what was actually at stake....

I am still elated by what Mr. Rand Paul did. That man stood up like A MAN, stood his ground and won in my opinion. He actually does see what is at stake and seeks to reduce any further harm to the republic. Just like his father. Ron taught his son well. Imagine how the other four child are and what could be done if they entered into the political arena?

Peter1469
03-10-2013, 03:06 PM
I am still elated by what Mr. Rand Paul did. That man stood up like A MAN, stood his ground and won in my opinion. He actually does see what is at stake and seeks to reduce any further harm to the republic. Just like his father. Ron taught his son well. Imagine how the other four child are and what could be done if they entered into the political arena?
And he did it is a respectful fashion. He didn't rant and rave. He made his point calmly and rationally.

Captain Obvious
03-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Unfortunately, I believe the above to be T-R-U-E

You should, I'm rarely wrong.

KC
03-10-2013, 05:46 PM

Ever.

I agree, but some of the better political reforms come as a result of politicians who were acting in a dishonest way, trying to save their own asses from irrelevancy. That is the best we can hope for in the US, as it's happened elsewhere already.

Captain Obvious
03-10-2013, 05:48 PM
I agree, but some of the better political reforms come as a result of politicians who were acting in a dishonest way, try to save their own asses from irrelevancy. That is the best we can hope for in the US, as it's happened elsewhere already.

I agree - the best we can hope for is the best we can hope for.

Political, social - even racial ideology is and will be grossly polarized for the foreseeable future. "The best we can hope for" is an occasional ebb in the chaos.