PDA

View Full Version : Top NRA official in New York no longer has the right to bear a

Cigar
03-08-2013, 08:16 AM
A top National Rifle Association official in New York no longer has the right to bear arms.

Richard D’Alauro, the NRA’s field representative for the city and its suburbs, is forbidden from owning guns under an order of protection stemming from a confrontation with his wife in their Long Island home, the Daily News has learned.

Suffolk County authorities filed misdemeanor charges of assault and endangering the welfare of a child and a noncriminal charge of harassment as a result of the domestic dustup, which occurred at 1:55 a.m. on Sept. 1, 2010, records show.

At the time, the police confiscated a whopping 39 pistols, shotguns and rifles that D’Alauro kept in the couple’s East Northport, L.I., home.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/fight-wife-bars-nra-official-carrying-guns-article-1.1281540

So what happens when a Bad Guy with Gun ... oh wait, he is a Bad Guy. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

zelmo1234
03-08-2013, 08:20 AM
This is getting pretty thin even by your standards, it is misdemeanor, which does not prevent someone nationally from owning a gun, It may in NY

and if this is first offence they will plea bargin or the wife may drop the charges. and they will have to give the guns pack in either case.

Nice to see that you are back at work!

Cigar
03-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Court Banned NRA Official Richard D’Alauro from Owning Guns due to Spousal Abuse
http://www.opposingviews.com/sites/opposingviews.com/files/imagecache/300x250/featured_image/RichardDAlauro.png

Maribeth D’Alauro, the former wife of Richard D’Alauro, a top official with the National Rifle Association (NRA), says that “years of domestic violence” caused a judge to bar her ex-husband from carrying a gun.

According to the New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/fight-wife-bars-nra-official-carrying-guns-article-1.1281540), police confiscated 39 firearms, including at least 16 handguns, from the home of Richard D’Alauro in 2010 because of a confrontation with his then-wife.

Suffolk County records showed that authorities filed misdemeanor charges against Richard for assault and endangering a child after the incident on Sept. 1, 2010.

Richard later pleaded guilty to a non-misdemeanor harassment charge after admitting that he tried to “harass, annoy or alarm” his wife with “physical contact.”

Due to a court order, Richard cannot purchase or own a firearm until Oct. 3, 2013.

Maribeth told the New York Daily News that she is terrified at the thought that her former husband will be able to own guns again.

Richard’s attorney, John Ray, insisted that the court order had “no significance whatsoever” because the “NRA does not require its employees to own guns.”

But Sari Friedman, an attorney for Maribeth, said: “A man who has an order of protection against him … is a poor spokesman for the NRA."

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/court-banned-nra-official-richard-d-alauro-owning-guns-due-spousal-abuse

Alif Qadr
03-08-2013, 08:28 AM
THE INCIDENT INVOLVES A DOMESTIC DISPUTE WHICH ALWAYS INCLUDES PROHIBITION OF ANY WEAPONS. tHIS IS SOP.

Cigar
03-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Yea ... we read about domestic abuses all the time.

Thankfully this one didn't have mortal ending.

zelmo1234
03-08-2013, 08:37 AM
so he gets his guns back!

Pete7469
03-08-2013, 08:40 AM

Cigar
03-08-2013, 08:44 AM
so he gets his guns back!

Surly that's far more important than the well being of a Woman and a Child.

Forrest
03-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Gun control folks are today's Temperance Movement. Same ending ahead, even before it's starts.

(Suggest investing in quality firearms as hedge against inflation)

Mainecoons
03-08-2013, 09:21 AM
You don't have to go that far back. Look at the current "war on drugs" for a much more contemporary example of how well the ideas of the government control freaks work.

Ivan88
03-08-2013, 01:07 PM
"Richard later pleaded guilty to a non-misdemeanor harassment charge after admitting that he tried to “harass, annoy or alarm” his wife with “physical contact.”"

He pleaded guilty to being a husband.

When you force lions to eat grass, sooner or later, the ones that don't die, will react. Too bad we don't honor "nature and nature's God" who provided for man to dominate his woman.

But if the male is not a man, how can the female be a wife? Wife is from Old Anglish, meaning, 'with man', not against him.
Furthermore, woman comes from the same word, With Man.

And a witch is a female who undermines her man/husband.

Adelaide
03-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Even if I don't like the NRA, I don't believe the actions of one member are an appropriate reason to cast the entire organizaition poorly.

Private Pickle
03-08-2013, 08:10 PM
He pleaded guilty to being a husband.

I LOL'd.

hanger4
03-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Even if I don't like the NRA, I don't believe the actions of one member are an appropriate reason to cast the entire organizaition poorly.

OH come on Adelaide,

you take away Cigar's whole reason for being,

not to mention ruin his gotch-ya thread.

Adelaide
03-08-2013, 10:22 PM
OH come on Adelaide,

you take away Cigar's whole reason for being,

not to mention ruin his gotch-ya thread.

I just don't like generalizations or the idea that the misbehaviour of one person should reflect poorly on an entire group (who likely aren't all a bunch of abusive douchebags).

Private Pickle
03-08-2013, 10:40 PM
I just don't like generalizations or the idea that the misbehaviour of one person should reflect poorly on an entire group (who likely aren't all a bunch of abusive douchebags).

Like Gun Owners?