PDA

View Full Version : ObamaTax Bites Fido

Taxcutter
03-13-2013, 10:43 AM
…by way of the vet’s office.

More unintended consequences of a sloppy piece of legislation.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/03/11/obamacare-may-bite-you-at-the-vets-office/

quote:
“Why the increase? Its part of a new 2.3-percent federal excise tax on certain medical devices that just went into effect.”

“…items including IV pumps, sterile scalpels and anesthesia equipment, which are medical devices that have a dual use, meaning they can be used on people and animals, will be taxed.”

Taxcutter says:
One more reason this foolish law must be stricken from the books.

killianr1
03-13-2013, 11:07 AM
I guess it is just a way to make sure that pets pay their "fair share" as well. :cool2:

Kalkin
03-13-2013, 12:27 PM
History may well brand Obama "the unintended consequences president". He's just not very good at predicting the consequences of his feel-good agenda. The run on guns and ammo is another example.

KC
03-13-2013, 12:31 PM
History may well brand Obama "the unintended consequences president". He's just not very good at predicting the consequences of his feel-good agenda. The run on guns and ammo is another example.

Almost all legislation has an unintended consequence, but I don't think we tend to evaluate President's based on the consequences of their policies, I think the tendency is to evaluate them on whether or not they got the legislation into law in the first place.

It's a rotten way of doing it but I think it's the reality of our political system.

Cigar
03-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Don't look now ... but there's 91% of Americans polled who are thinking different.

I'm guessing, some of that 91% is Republican ... just a guess.

nic34
03-13-2013, 02:14 PM
That would be here:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/160085/americans-back-obama-proposals-address-gun-violence.aspx

Given the chance to vote "for" or "against" each of nine key proposals included in President Barack Obama's plan to reduce gun violence, Americans back all nine. Americans are most likely to be in favor of requiring background checks for all gun sales (91%), increasing funding for mental health programs aimed at youth (82%), increasing funding for programs to train law enforcement and schools in responding to active armed attacks (79%), and increasing criminal penalties for people who buy guns for others -- so-called straw purchasers (75%).

nic34
03-13-2013, 02:16 PM
.... but soon a libertarian will come along and remind us that Americans don't know what's good for them.... they just need less of whatever it is.....

Kalkin
03-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Almost all legislation has an unintended consequence, but I don't think we tend to evaluate President's based on the consequences of their policies, I think the tendency is to evaluate them on whether or not they got the legislation into law in the first place.

It's a rotten way of doing it but I think it's the reality of our political system.
Almost all bad legislation has unintended consequences. Regardless, even the worst political unintended consequences in history fail to match the total backfire of obama's gun control rhetoric.

Mainecoons
03-13-2013, 03:07 PM
.... but soon a libertarian will come along and remind us that Americans don't know what's good for them.... they just need less of whatever it is.....

That's exactly right and you are a poster child for that point of view.

:rofl:

simpsonofpg
03-13-2013, 03:32 PM
This is our congress and we voted for them. They fact that they owe back taxes, have fealony convictions, DUI charge and other just don't seem to make a difference.