PDA

View Full Version : 'White Student Union' Members Defend CPAC Segregation Comments

Cigar
03-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Two members of the White Student Union at Towson University in Maryland aren't backing down after advocating for racial segregation and defending slavery at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday.

K. Carl Smith of Frederick Douglass Republicans was giving a presentation at CPAC about how Republicans could reach out more effectively to minorities. Scott Terry, a member of the White Student Union, began challenging Smith about the inclusion of blacks in the GOP's tent, in an exchange captured by the liberal blog ThinkProgress that quickly spread around the Internet.

As seen in the video, Smith responds by citing a letter Frederick Douglass wrote in which he forgave his former owner. Terry interrupted and said, "For giving him shelter and food?" Several people in the audience gasp, though ThinkProgress notes there are also cheers. Terry muttered, "Why can't we just have segregation?" after the exchange, ThinkProgress reported.

When Smith mentioned Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., the Atlantic Wire reports, White Student Union "founder and commander" Matthew Heimbach interrupted that King was a "Marxist," and consequently not welcome. ................(more)

The complete piece is at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/white-student-union-cpac_n_2897609.html

This is absolutely wonderful and I hope the GOP and it's supporters continue to have these open and candid town-hall type meetings so the everyone can clearly see and hear, "unedited" the true feelings of the modern-day Republicans Party. Because the last thing anyone wants, is to misrepresent the Republican Party and it's policies.

I think this outreach to minorities by the Republican Party is a great idea and I hope this finally puts to bed any questions that anyone has regarding the future of politics as it pertains to the Republicans Party.

Congratulations on the GOP Postmortem. :icon_thumleft:

BTW ... I thought "postmortems" where only performed on the dead? :huh20:

Mister D
03-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Actually, as the US becomes more diverse it's likely that whites (i.e. liberal whites and white women) will begin to flee the Democratic Party in droves. That's expected. It would be great to see the GOP transfomed into the explicitly white party of your imagination.

Anyway, not sure what this kid is complaining about. We already have segregation.

Cigar
03-19-2013, 09:01 AM
http://www.creators.com/editorial_cartoons/1/25766_thumb.gif
http://www.carlsontoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/cpacCOLOR.gif
http://media.cagle.com/217/2013/03/18/128865_600.jpg

Common
03-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Actually, as the US becomes more diverse it's likely that whites (i.e. liberal whites and white women) will begin to flee the Democratic Party in droves. That's expected. It would be great to see the GOP transfomed into the explicitly white party of your imagination.

Anyway, not sure what this kid is complaining about. We already have segregation.

I never thought of it in that way and I think you may be right. As women issues are won and gender equality gets closer and womens pay and positions increase, the democrats lose that crutch and youre probably right white women may then put their pocket book first and go GOP.
The downside is that immigration reform will nullify those gains for the GOP. Theres one more point that you missed I believe. There are many lower middleclass white men who have lost their pensions and benefits and have had their pay stagnated who have left the GOP. Cops and firemen were traditionally GOP those days are gone since the attacks on civil servants by the teaparty and especially the handful of teaparty gov who blamed their state civil servants for the states deficits.
Whatever gains the GOP makes, I believe they will still go backwards with the far right teaparty agenda they are pushing. Many people see right through what their real goals are.

Mister D
03-19-2013, 02:57 PM
I never thought of it in that way and I think you may be right. As women issues are won and gender equality gets closer and womens pay and positions increase, the democrats lose that crutch and youre probably right white women may then put their pocket book first and go GOP.
The downside is that immigration reform will nullify those gains for the GOP. Theres one more point that you missed I believe. There are many lower middleclass white men who have lost their pensions and benefits and have had their pay stagnated who have left the GOP. Cops and firemen were traditionally GOP those days are gone since the attacks on civil servants by the teaparty and especially the handful of teaparty gov who blamed their state civil servants for the states deficits.
Whatever gains the GOP makes, I believe they will still go backwards with the far right teaparty agenda they are pushing. Many people see right through what their real goals are.

It's typical of the way human beings react to demographic changes. Diversity sounds great and makes you feel a like a good person but when, for example, a liberal mommy is faced with the prospect of sending her kids to a school where whites are in the minority they usually balk regardless of their politics. What has happened to the US in the last 50 years is unprecendented in peace time. At some point, whites will begin to act in their own interests. It's simply the natural thing to do and no amount of state propaganda will be able to avert that. What's happened to their homeland just needs to be experienced locally.

As for the GOP, if it can't transform itself into a party that serves a proper constituency then good riddance. It's currently riddled with traitors.

Pete7469
03-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Two members of the White Student Union at Towson University in Maryland aren't backing down after advocating for racial segregation and defending slavery at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday.

K. Carl Smith of Frederick Douglass Republicans was giving a presentation at CPAC about how Republicans could reach out more effectively to minorities. Scott Terry, a member of the White Student Union, began challenging Smith about the inclusion of blacks in the GOP's tent, in an exchange captured by the liberal blog ThinkProgress that quickly spread around the Internet.

As seen in the video, Smith responds by citing a letter Frederick Douglass wrote in which he forgave his former owner. Terry interrupted and said, "For giving him shelter and food?" Several people in the audience gasp, though ThinkProgress notes there are also cheers. Terry muttered, "Why can't we just have segregation?" after the exchange, ThinkProgress reported.

When Smith mentioned Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., the Atlantic Wire reports, White Student Union "founder and commander" Matthew Heimbach interrupted that King was a "Marxist," and consequently not welcome. ................(more)

The complete piece is at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/white-student-union-cpac_n_2897609.html

This is absolutely wonderful and I hope the GOP and it's supporters continue to have these open and candid town-hall type meetings so the everyone can clearly see and hear, "unedited" the true feelings of the modern-day Republicans Party. Because the last thing anyone wants, is to misrepresent the Republican Party and it's policies.

I think this outreach to minorities by the Republican Party is a great idea and I hope this finally puts to bed any questions that anyone has regarding the future of politics as it pertains to the Republicans Party.

patrickt
03-21-2013, 06:41 AM
Our current administration has been pursing a plan of resegregation. The last thing they want is a country of just American citizens. They have to be hyphenated, segregated, tribalized.

zelmo1234
03-21-2013, 07:15 AM

The last two elections the republicans ran their most moderate canidates. How did that work out for them.

It was reported that the real unemployment rate, hit 14.3% last month, still higher than when the President took office.

Latinos' and Blacks' are hit really hard by this. Unfortunatly through the liberal educations system, many of these two minority groups are taught to aspire only to the lower rung manual labor jobs, which are also the jobs that are likely to loose thier insurance and move do to the downward pressure caused by Obamacare. They were also the group hit the hardest by the Presidents round of tax increases.

The compassion of the democratic party is catching up and the constant cry of Racism that people like Cigar continue to toss out are loosing there effectiveness in a populations that is starting to see that the DNC really does not have their interest at heart. The biggest group that the DNC is loosing is the Youth, as they are killing their future and oppertunities with the massive debt!

zelmo1234
03-21-2013, 07:25 AM
It's typical of the way human beings react to demographic changes. Diversity sounds great and makes you feel a like a good person but when, for example, a liberal mommy is faced with the prospect of sending her kids to a school where whites are in the minority they usually balk regardless of their politics. What has happened to the US in the last 50 years is unprecendented in peace time. At some point, whites will begin to act in their own interests. It's simply the natural thing to do and no amount of state propaganda will be able to avert that. What's happened to their homeland just needs to be experienced locally.

As for the GOP, if it can't transform itself into a party that serves a proper constituency then good riddance. It's currently riddled with traitors.

See I totally disagree with this as well, I think?

What I think it that the RNC needs to adopt a platform of economic prosperity for all, reguardless of color, which would of course require three things, reduces regulations, The current tax code to be rewritten, and energy policies that dramatically reduce the cost of energy for everyone.

They then need to reducde the government debt, not just the deficite, this will add even more buying power to the US dollar and make even those with the lower wage jobs have more effective purchasing power. The tax code will create more jobs, but lets face it with 14% unemployment the pay scale will be low for a while.

True Immigration and Election reform, to close down illegal immigrations short term green cards for people that are here illegally and harsh penalties for those that are willingly employing illegals, and those illegals that refuse to register and take on the short term green card and then go through the legal steps.

Education reform to actually educate Jonny instead of just telling Jonny he is great, even though he can't read.

The Repuclican Party needs to be color blind and do what is right for all people and that will require making the government a smaller part of peoples lives, and no politician really wants to do that

Chris
03-21-2013, 07:27 AM
Well, I find the kid's thinking abhorrent but he's free to express it.

Not sure how an outlier is taken to represent an entire party.

Cigar
03-21-2013, 07:56 AM
I think Republican Voters are worried about all the wrong things, so here's some free advice from one of your so-called statistics.

If you're a Republican Politician or voter seeking voter support from any type of minority, you may want to start treating them with the exact same respect you would expect any Republican voter to receive, rather than painting them all as a statistic and insulting them.

Now that advice is way cheaper than the $10 Million Chairman Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreince Priebus paid to hear Ex-Republican Voters tell The GOP the Truth they don't want to hear.

Now it's The GOPs choice, they can stand in shock-n-aww after getting bent over and getting roto-rooted time and time again on Presidential Elections or they can try a different approach.

How about, instead of insulting individuals by painting entire minority groups with the same broad brush and lumping them all into statistics as if they are all the same. Maybe a little respect would be a welcomed change, like the respect Republicans expect to receive?

If not, then don't be surprised that maybe these minorities will say Fuck-You after hearing, reading and seeing Republicans constantly disrespect the people they are asking and expecting votes from.

Just a little free advice :grin: it's really your choice.

Because it's not just Elephants who have Long Memories :wink:

Cigar
03-21-2013, 08:00 AM

You can bet your life, that will never happen. :wink:

patrickt
03-21-2013, 08:03 AM
Don't you think, Cigar, it would be a good idea to divide the entire country into distinct, and manageable, subdivisions of special interest groups? Have massive segregation on a scale never imagined before. Use computerized data banks to collect, at taxpayer expense, details on everyone so they can get the "gift" they really need. Don't you think it would be better for conservatives to totally disrespect people by making it clear they're not worth educating, they can't be expected to hold a job, and they will be on the dole for their lifetime?

Conservatives to respect all Americans. Liberals don't. That's why they see themselves as the elites of the world.

zelmo1234
03-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Our current administration has been pursing a plan of resegregation. The last thing they want is a country of just American citizens. They have to be hyphenated, segregated, tribalized.

This is true, the DNC dies on the vine without victoms. why do you think their policies are designed to keep people on a system that will doom then to life long poverty. If you are a democrat that is called compassion.

Cigar
03-21-2013, 08:12 AM
Don't you think, Cigar, it would be a good idea to divide the entire country into distinct, and manageable, subdivisions of special interest groups? Have massive segregation on a scale never imagined before. Use computerized data banks to collect, at taxpayer expense, details on everyone so they can get the "gift" they really need. Don't you think it would be better for conservatives to totally disrespect people by making it clear they're not worth educating, they can't be expected to hold a job, and they will be on the dole for their lifetime?

Conservatives to respect all Americans. Liberals don't. That's why they see themselves as the elites of the world.

Nope ... I'm having way too much fun watching you Dinosaurs waste away into Fossil Fuel for my Hi-Octane Vehicles :grin:
Then I'm just going to step on the Gas and say Burn-Baby-Burn, while I smoke the tires Beeeooooch. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Cigar
03-21-2013, 08:15 AM
Reeling from back-to-back presidential losses and struggling to cope with the country's changing racial and ethnic makeup, the Republican National Committee plans to spend $10 million this year to send hundreds of party workers into Hispanic, black and Asian communities to promote its brand among voters who overwhelmingly supported Democrats in 2012.

http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/03/republican_national_committee.html

Keep up the good work ...

zelmo1234
03-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Reeling from back-to-back presidential losses and struggling to cope with the country's changing racial and ethnic makeup, the Republican National Committee plans to spend $10 million this year to send hundreds of party workers into Hispanic, black and Asian communities to promote its brand among voters who overwhelmingly supported Democrats in 2012.

Just courious as to what black canidate you will be running in 2016?

http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/03/republican_national_committee.html

Keep up the good work ...

Mister D
03-21-2013, 08:23 AM
See I totally disagree with this as well, I think?

What I think it that the RNC needs to adopt a platform of economic prosperity for all, reguardless of color, which would of course require three things, reduces regulations, The current tax code to be rewritten, and energy policies that dramatically reduce the cost of energy for everyone.

They then need to reducde the government debt, not just the deficite, this will add even more buying power to the US dollar and make even those with the lower wage jobs have more effective purchasing power. The tax code will create more jobs, but lets face it with 14% unemployment the pay scale will be low for a while.

True Immigration and Election reform, to close down illegal immigrations short term green cards for people that are here illegally and harsh penalties for those that are willingly employing illegals, and those illegals that refuse to register and take on the short term green card and then go through the legal steps.

Education reform to actually educate Jonny instead of just telling Jonny he is great, even though he can't read.

The Repuclican Party needs to be color blind and do what is right for all people and that will require making the government a smaller part of peoples lives, and no politician really wants to do that

The world is not color blind, Zelmo. I have no doubt the GOP will continue to take your advice for a short while at least. Reality will set in at some point.

littlejohn
03-21-2013, 04:28 PM

interesting. I'm not a republican by any stretch, but just to add some balance here is another group reaching out to move black voters away from their monolithic voting patterns and in to the republican party.
take a look.
http://www.ragingelephants.org/

Bigred1cav
03-21-2013, 06:49 PM
would you please define those victims and how the DNC needs them?

Greenridgeman
03-21-2013, 06:53 PM

John McCain being the biggest(well the BIGGEST Republican traitor is Crisco Christie).

Mainecoons
03-21-2013, 07:15 PM
There really is no point to the continuation of the Republican Party as Democrat Lite. If they're going to end up on the sidelines as our resident partisan hacks like to parrot, they may as well offer a real alternative such that when the failed ideas of the left finally do sink the country, people who have finally learned the hard way will know there is an alternative.

Mister D
03-21-2013, 07:16 PM
John McCain being the biggest(well the BIGGEST Republican traitor is Crisco Christie).

Yeah, Juan "God's children" McCain is a gibbering old fool.

Peter1469
03-21-2013, 07:26 PM
would you please define those victims and how the DNC needs them?

The entire democratic party in the US is nothing but a collection of victim groups. They don't have anything else in common.

Mister D
03-21-2013, 07:28 PM
The entire democratic party in the US is nothing but a collection of victim groups. They don't have anything else in common.

Right. Atthe "grassroots level" they know it too. It's the whores in Washington and the activists who maintain the fiction.