PDA

View Full Version : CPAC: Rand Paul, Libertarians Rising

Chris
03-19-2013, 04:59 PM
About 1:50 into the video you get the usual neocon misrepresentation of non-interventionist as isolationist. Rand Paul is a non-interventionist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ya0a0iAwXyI#!

@ CPAC: Rand Paul, Libertarians Rising (http://reason.com/reasontv/2013/03/15/cpac-rand-paul-libertarians-rising)

nic34
03-19-2013, 05:01 PM
..... and a big government in your bedroom dude.....

Greenridgeman
03-19-2013, 05:04 PM

So is my girlfriend's cat, but, spectators don't slow down the action or cool off the heat.

Chris
03-19-2013, 05:14 PM

Huh? If you'd bothered to listen, Paul said economic and personal liberty. He's libertarian, you know.

nic34
03-19-2013, 05:31 PM
I know he says that.

He's anti-choice on abortion as well.

He also blocked the DC Budget Autonomy Act last year...

Instead of embracing a decentralization plan, he did everything to undermine it.

Chris
03-19-2013, 05:39 PM
I know he says that.

Instead of embracing a decentralization plan, he did everything to undermine it.

You mean pro life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

What "decentralization plan"? What's that a euphemism for?

Private Pickle
03-19-2013, 05:57 PM
I know he says that.

Anti-choice huh?

He takes a states' rights position, favoring the overturn of Roe v. Wade and allowing states to decide on the legality of abortions without federal involvement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_Paul#Abortion_and_bioethics

So he sounds like to me that he is pro-life but wants the States to determine what's in the best interest of their citizens. Sounds like to me he understands the fundamentals this country was built on. Sounds like to me that he doesn't want the Federal government deciding what's best for everybody given that is the path to oppression.

Sounds to me he is the most "pro-choice" guy out there and it sounds like to me that you are in favor of forcing your agenda onto people no matter the cost.

Mainecoons
03-19-2013, 05:58 PM
No, he just doesn't think the taxpayers should pay for things like abortions and birth control pills. And he personally doesn't believe in abortion.

Neither do I. But if you want to murder your kid, go right ahead, just don't send the bill to me.

Hell the leftist billionaires are so gung ho on Margaret Sanger's eugenics, they shouldn't mind paying for this. After all, Barry has taken such good care of them, they can afford it. Your dirty little leftist secret is that you've aborted far more blacks proportionately than any other race. Nice stealth eugenics, that!

:grin:

Greenridgeman
03-19-2013, 06:07 PM
No, he just doesn't think the taxpayers should pay for things like abortions and birth control pills.

Neither do I. Hell the leftist billionaires are so gung ho on Sanger's Eugenics, they shouldn't mind paying for this. After all, Barry has taken such good care of them, they can afford it.

Cheaper to pay for birth control than to pay for abortions or medicaid births and foodstamps for life.

It is a matter of practicality, not morals.

Cigar
03-19-2013, 07:16 PM
So is my girlfriend's cat, but, spectators don't slow down the action or cool off the heat.

I guess being a spectator sucks if you're always late. :)

Bow Wow. :)

Private Pickle
03-19-2013, 08:00 PM
I guess being a spectator sucks if you're always late. :)

Bow Wow. :)

:tumbleweed:

Pete7469
03-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Cheaper to pay for birth control than to pay for abortions or medicaid births and foodstamps for life.

It is a matter of practicality, not morals.

I have a hard time objecting to liberals aborting their offspring. I can only see an upside to that.

In fact they should have the option of performing retroactive self abortions, I'd even help fund it.

KC
03-20-2013, 12:07 AM
It's a shame this thread became about abortion. Rand Paul has a lot to offer the consevative movement, he may yet prove to be one of the most successful pro-Constitution politicians post-WWII America has seen. I enjoyed the speech Rand Paul gave at CPAC, I think he does a great job of rallying the libertarian elements of the Republican Party without coming off as a fringe candidate.

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 12:15 AM
It's a shame this thread became about abortion. Rand Paul has a lot to offer the consevative movement, he may yet prove to be one of the most successful pro-Constitution politicians post-WWII America has seen. I enjoyed the speech Rand Paul gave at CPAC, I think he does a great job of getting rallying the libertarian elements of the Republican Party without coming off as a fringe candidate.

I'd vote for him.

KC
03-20-2013, 12:28 AM
I'd vote for him.

Me too. I'd vote for him in the primary if he ends up running for the GOP nomination in 2016 and he'd be my first pick in a hypothetical general election. I don't trust the GOP though. I hope they don't marginalize him like they did his father.

Pete7469
03-20-2013, 01:28 AM
Me too. I'd vote for him in the primary if he ends up running for the GOP nomination in 2016 and he'd be my first pick in a hypothetical general election. I don't trust the GOP though. I hope they don't marginalize him like they did his father.

His father marginalized himself by allowing 9/11 truthtards and assorted malcontents to be the face of his following. I liked everythimg RP had to say aboust his domestic and finacial agenda, less so about his foriegn policy but I could accept it. What I couldn't get over was the stigma brought on by the Paulbots who made complete asses of themselves and anyone who is opposed to fiat currency and a global collectivist government.

Alif Qadr
03-20-2013, 05:52 AM
I'd vote for him.

I would vote for him as well. He helps me recall what some of the founders of this country stood for. He is a true patriot.

Santa's Little Helper
03-20-2013, 06:11 AM
No, he just doesn't think the taxpayers should pay for things like abortions and birth control pills. And he personally doesn't believe in abortion.

Neither do I. But if you want to murder your kid, go right ahead, just don't send the bill to me.

Hell the leftist billionaires are so gung ho on Margaret Sanger's eugenics, they shouldn't mind paying for this. After all, Barry has taken such good care of them, they can afford it. Your dirty little leftist secret is that you've aborted far more blacks proportionately than any other race. Nice stealth eugenics, that!

Actually you do GET THE BILL anyways in taxpayer funded welfare costs

Not to mention those children usually grow up to breed future generations of DEADBEAT KIDS for which we must provide schools,social services,and prison beds for the crimes they often grow up to commit

And don't just say END WELFARE cause that's a PIPE DREAM and won't happen

zelmo1234
03-20-2013, 06:51 AM
I know he says that.

I like to think of it a anti killing of an unborn child, and that out liberal friends are pro death when it come to children. those pesky little creatures

Santa's Little Helper
03-20-2013, 06:57 AM
I like to think of it a anti killing of an unborn child, and that out liberal friends are pro death when it come to children. those pesky little creatures

Actually if done early term what is removed is the size of a walnut and bears no resemblance to a child

zelmo1234
03-20-2013, 06:59 AM
Actually you do GET THE BILL anyways in taxpayer funded welfare costs

Not to mention those children usually grow up to breed future generations of DEADBEAT KIDS for which we must provide schools,social services,and prison beds for the crimes they often grow up to commit

And don't just say END WELFARE cause that's a PIPE DREAM and those voters would REVOLT

Ending it YES! refonrming it so they work harder for less on the system than they would if they get a job, the voters would flock to it, especially when you could through attrition replace may public workers, janitors, clerks, receptionest, migrant workers, ect. and do it at a fraction of the cost.

Then for those that still refuse to work, the public would be totally fine with ending the gravy train.

Santa's Little Helper
03-20-2013, 07:10 AM
Ending it YES! refonrming it so they work harder for less on the system than they would if they get a job, the voters would flock to it, especially when you could through attrition replace may public workers, janitors, clerks, receptionest, migrant workers, ect. and do it at a fraction of the cost.

Then for those that still refuse to work, the public would be totally fine with ending the gravy train.

When you REPLACE all those current public workers with current welfare recipient wouldn't those current ones become the NEW WELFARE recipients

The point is you NEED JOBS so people can GO TO WORK

End all but necessary foreign trade and rebuilt our manufacturing infrastructure so people got jobs to work

Cigar
03-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Bills Opposed:

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act

2010 Democratic Infrastructure Spending Plan
President Obama’s 20111 Jobs Plan

nic34
03-20-2013, 09:05 AM
DC Vote: Senator Rand Paul is a Hypocrite for his Assault on DC
From June 26, 2012

On Tuesday, Paul made it clear in a Washington Post interview that he is using the District as a political playground. “I think it’s a good way to call attention to some issues that have national implications,” Paul told the Post. “We don’t have [control] over the states but we do for D.C.”

“DC residents are deeply offended by Senator Rand Paul’s stunning hypocrisy,” said DC Vote Executive Director Ilir Zherka. “He preaches about restraining the power of the federal government, but uses that same power to impose his own, narrow political agenda on residents of the District of Columbia.”

http://www.dcvote.org/media/release.cfm?releaseID=580

Big Gummit Randie....

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 09:09 AM

His father ran as a candidate for another party.

He should have been shunned, not marginalized, for that alone, not to mention some of his whacko views.

Rand Paul should distance himself from the rantings of his father if he hopes to be POTUS.

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Actually if done early term what is removed is the size of a walnut and bears no resemblance to a child

By that logic, why not legalize killing them in the first six months after delivery, when they bear little resemblance to an adult.

Mister D
03-20-2013, 09:11 AM
From June 26, 2012

On Tuesday, Paul made it clear in a Washington Post interview that he is using the District as a political playground. “I think it’s a good way to call attention to some issues that have national implications,” Paul told the Post. “We don’t have [control] over the states but we do for D.C.”

“DC residents are deeply offended by Senator Rand Paul’s stunning hypocrisy,” said DC Vote Executive Director Ilir Zherka. “He preaches about restraining the power of the federal government, but uses that same power to impose his own, narrow political agenda on residents of the District of Columbia.”

Big Gummit Randie....

Gentrification is making great strides but DC is still largely a ghetto. It's likely that most residents have no idea who Rand Paul is.

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 09:12 AM

Any able-bodied person needing assistance should be offered a shovel-ready job(plenty, with the trash on our countryside) at minimum wage for as long as he needs it.

No work, no pay.

Common
03-20-2013, 09:13 AM

Its not the gop that marginalizes him its the conservative right. Rand Paul breaks many of their principles that they are so endeared to.
I think Rand Paul is quite dishonest. I snickered when he promoted a path the citizenship then said Dont call my Proposal a Path to Citizenship. Does he think everyone is a moron that wont see that his proposal is exactly that. Rand Paul will not be president any time soon

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Gentrification is making great strides but DC is still largely a ghetto. It's likely that most residents have no idea who Rand Paul is.

Considering the large number of semi-literate and illiterate voters who have no clue about issues, we need a Constitutional amendment banning party reference on any ballot.

Parties are not metioned in the Constitution; if a voter does not understand enough to be able to pick a candidate without party affiliation by his name, he should not vote anyway.

Mister D
03-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Considering the large number of semi-literate and illiterate voters who have no clue about issues, we need a Constitutional amendment banning party reference on any ballot.

Parties are not metioned in the Constitution; if a vote does not understand enough to be able to pick a candidate without party affiliation by his name, he should not vote anyway.

I have to laugh at this:

“DC residents are deeply offended by Senator Rand Paul’s stunning hypocrisy..."

Yeah, right. I'm sure they're following things closely.

Chris
03-20-2013, 09:18 AM
When you REPLACE all those current public workers with current welfare recipient wouldn't those current ones become the NEW WELFARE recipients

End all but necessary foreign trade and rebuilt our manufacturing infrastructure so people got jobs to work

Trickle up is as much a failure as trickle down. We're all Keynesians now and need to stop following that BS.

Chris
03-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Bills Opposed:

Trickle up is as much a failure as trickle down. We're all Keynesians now and need to stop following that BS.

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 09:19 AM

When the public workers have cleaned all the trash from our cities and countryside, your point will have some validity.

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Bills Opposed:

Do us a favor, and tell us how much those programs cost, how many jobs they created, and what infrastructure improvements and reliable green energy sources we have to show for them.

Please do not include Chinese built windmills.

nic34
03-20-2013, 09:23 AM

Millions of regular folks having jobs paying taxes and buying stuff from local businesses has no effect on the economy....

Got ya.

Santa's Little Helper
03-20-2013, 09:24 AM
By that logic, why not legalize killing them in the first six months after delivery, when they bear little resemblance to an adult.
Over Exaggerate Much

Furthermore you are being a PENNY WISE and DOLLARS FOOLISH

Abortion and Birth Control are MUCH CHEAPER than the cost of social services consumed by deadbeat parents and their children not to mention SOCIETAL COSTS also these children grow up to breed FUTURE GENERATIONS of criminals and mooches

Its about time you so-called FISCAL CONSERVATIVES put your money where your mouths are

And don't try to answer with a goddamn

Chris
03-20-2013, 09:26 AM
From June 26, 2012

Big Gummit Randie....

Nice spin, nic, but by the Constitution DC is under jurisdiction of Congress.

Chris
03-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Millions of regular folks having jobs paying taxes and buying stuff from local businesses has no effect on the economy....

Got ya.

Nice twisted straw man, nic, surely you can do better, like explain why you want to take money from those hard working people and redistribute it to others. Where's the multiplier affect in that, nic?

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Over Exaggerate Much

Abortion and Birth Control are MUCH CHEAPER than the cost of social services consumed by deadbeat parents and their children not to mention SOCIETAL COSTS also these children grow up to breed FUTURE GENERATIONS of criminals and mooches

Its about time you so-called FISCAL CONSERVATIVES put your money where your mouths are

My money is where my mouth is, right here on my property where I reside.

Property worth more than I paid for it, owned outright.

Chris
03-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Over Exaggerate Much

Over Exaggerate Much

That was his point I suspect, to reduce your "logic" to an absurdity.

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Over Exaggerate Much

You only parrot things I have put forth, with the exception that if we had free birth control available by signing, billed to the Feds, available without question on demand, we would not need abortion except in the case of the mother's health, fetal deformity, or rape.

One abortion could then be offered free, without charge, along with a tubal ligation.

Santa's Little Helper
03-20-2013, 09:32 AM

Got ya.

You don't understand Conservatism

Basically I got mine and screw the rest of ya

You see as long as they got theirs the rest of us can live in shantytowns out of site and they can exploit us as two dollar an hour slaves to do for them

Santa's Little Helper
03-20-2013, 09:33 AM
That was his point I suspect, to reduce your "logic" to an absurdity.

Fine let's do a COST COMPARISON smart guy

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 09:37 AM

You see as long as they got theirs the rest of us can live in shantytowns out of site and they can exploit us as two dollar an hour slaves to do for them

Where along the line were you denied a free basic education, and the freedom to use that education to better your life?

I taught in 96% free lunch schools most of my career, and have seen kids born in 150 year old slave quarters and tenant farmer shacks and barns take that free public education and go on to become teachers, nurses, pharmacists, veterenarians, lawyers and such.

Just who screwed you, "the man", or yourself.

Chris
03-20-2013, 09:39 AM

You make up better straw men than nic does.

Santa's Little Helper
03-20-2013, 09:57 AM
You make up better straw men than nic does.

I see that SARCASM is way beyond your intellectual capabilities

Chris
03-20-2013, 10:00 AM
I see that SARCASM is way beyond your intellectual capabilities

Attacking the messenger is also illogical. Surely this time around you can do better and dance to a different tune.

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 10:23 AM

Parties are not metioned in the Constitution; if a voter does not understand enough to be able to pick a candidate without party affiliation by his name, he should not vote anyway.

That would be contrary to the 1st Amendment.

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Over Exaggerate Much

I'm pro-choice but not because of the cost.

What $ amount would you put on a human life? It sounds to me that you are almost in favor of forced abortion if the social and societal costs are greater than the benefit received from that life.

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 10:26 AM
You only parrot things I have put forth, with the exception that if we had free birth control available by signing, billed to the Feds, available without question on demand, we would not need abortion except in the case of the mother's health, fetal deformity, or rape.

One abortion could then be offered free, without charge, along with a tubal ligation.

Billed to the feds? That means billed to you and I. Pass. People want to have sex? Fine by me, but don't expect me to pay for it.

Chloe
03-20-2013, 10:30 AM

What $ amount would you put on a human life? It sounds to me that you are almost in favor of forced abortion if the social and societal costs are greater than the benefit received from that life.

Hold on. If you are pro choice then why do you give me such a hard time about me being pro choice?

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Hold on. If you are pro choice then why do you give me such a hard time about me being pro choice?

Ahhh I knew you weren't getting my point!

I wasn't giving you a hard time for being pro-choice. I was trying to show you that your opinions are contradictory in nature. Those opinions being pro-choice on some things but anti-choice on others.

I clarified this multiple times...

Chloe
03-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Ahhh I knew you weren't getting my point!

I wasn't giving you a hard time for being pro-choice. I was trying to show you that your opinions are contradictory in nature. Those opinions being pro-choice on some things but anti-choice on others.

I clarified this multiple times...

Oh

Chris
03-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Oh

Like recognizing a woman's rights but not the unborn's equal rights. :-P

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Oh

:BangHead:

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 10:40 AM
That would be contrary to the 1st Amendment.

No it wouldn't if a Constitutional amendment authorized it.

There is no reason party affiliation is mentioned on a ballot except to make it easier for non-thinking, uniformed voters to cast their ballot for the party and not the candidate.

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Billed to the feds? That means billed to you and I. Pass. People want to have sex? Fine by me, but don't expect me to pay for it.

We already pay for the delivery, for most of the abortions, for the welfare for life.

BC cheaper by the million, free BC more cost effective, and would reduce abortion rates.

No solution is perfect.

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Like recognizing a woman's rights but not the unborn's equal rights. :-P

Well kinda.

More like like recognizing a woman's rights but not the rights of people to eat what they want... Having a deep seated respect for animal life but a more loosely based respect for human life that hasn't been born yet.

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 10:42 AM

Another thread jacked and turned into a debate on your abortion views.

As a newbie here, do I detect a pattern?

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 10:44 AM
No it wouln't if a Constitutional amendment authorized it.

There is no reason party affiliation is mentioned on a ballot except to make it easier for non-thinking, uniformed voters to cast their ballot for the party and not the candidate.

You can't have Constitutional amendments that are contradictory to each other... Voting is a right...you don't need to be informed to have that right. It's a shameful abuse of one's civic duty and a display of low character for someone to be an uninformed voter...but it's still a right.

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 10:45 AM
We already pay for the delivery, for most of the abortions, for the welfare for life.

BC cheaper by the million, free BC more cost effective, and would reduce abortion rates.

No solution is perfect.

The solution is personal accountability.

Chris
03-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Another thread jacked and turned into a debate on your abortion views.

As a newbie here, do I detect a pattern?

To be fair Chloe didn't raise the abortion issue, private did. And I was the one hijacked her death penalty thread with abortion question.

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 10:54 AM
To be fair Chloe didn't raise the abortion issue, private did. And I was the one hijacked her death penalty thread with abortion question.

I never brought up abortion in this thread!!!!

I brought it up in the "Why be a Vegetarian" thread.

Chris
03-20-2013, 10:57 AM

I don't mind that you did.

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 10:58 AM
I don't mind that you did.

I was responding to it! I didn't bring it up!

Chloe
03-20-2013, 11:02 AM
I hijacked this thread. I apologize.

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 11:02 AM

You should be ashamed of yourself!!!! How do you sleep at night!!!!???

Chris
03-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Over Exaggerate Much

Ah, I see, it was Christmas arrives early at tFP.

Apologies.

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 11:05 AM
The solution is personal accountability.

Well, I personally never accounted for an abortion, but, that amounts to little.

Chris

Nah, it was Santa, then Pickle, then you, then me.... Rand Paul is pro-life though I think he allows for exceptions like you do.

Greenridgeman
You should be ashamed of yourself!!!! How do you sleep at night!!!!???

Not alone, I hope.

Santa's Little Helper
03-20-2013, 11:25 AM

No solution is perfect.

Don't forget that imaginary concept of "Personal Responsibility"

Santa's Little Helper
03-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Rand Paul is pro-lie

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"Pro-LIE" tell me is there also a "Pro-TRUTH"

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Nah, it was Santa, then Pickle, then you, then me.... Rand Paul is pro-lie though I think he allows for exceptions like you do.

He is for allowing the States and their citizens to decide...he is not for a Federal ruling on abortion.

nic34
03-20-2013, 11:48 AM
He is for allowing the States and their citizens to decide...he is not for a Federal ruling on abortion.

Yeah, it's already a choice, but he wants to take that away then let you try to get back the same choice at the state level.

What a hypocrite...

KC
03-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Yeah, it's already a choice, but he wants to take that away then let you try to get back the same choice at the state level.

What a hypocrite...

How is that hypocritical? It's the only acceptable position on abortion based on the US Constitution.

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 11:52 AM

I think he meant pro-life.

Chris
03-20-2013, 11:55 AM

Thanks for pointing out typo.

Chris
03-20-2013, 11:56 AM

What a hypocrite...

He wants to remove the decision from government and return it to society where it belongs.

nic34
03-20-2013, 12:11 PM
More hypocricy:

Paul called Social Security a "Ponzi scheme" and Medicare "socialism," but opposes cuts to the medicare reimbursement he receives as a physician.

Source: DSCC "Meet the Republicans" opposition research , Aug 21, 2010

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 12:12 PM
He wants to remove the decision from government and return it to society where it belongs.

"Soceity" has had 80,000,000 abortions since Roe V WADE.

"Society" is an abomination.

The battle has been fought and lost, anti-abortion people need to see that they have none, "society" has no objection to the slaughter.

Time for conservatives to stop taking the bait on issues already lost, and focus on regaining some voice in government.

Alif Qadr
03-20-2013, 12:13 PM

Little Helper,
What is in the womb during pregnancy (usually) is a developing C-H-I-L-D and nothing less. I know that to rationalize is part of the experience of being a sentient being but often what is rationalized is beneath the definition of Human.

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 12:14 PM
More hypocricy:

Paul called Social Security a "Ponzi scheme" and Medicare "socialism," but opposes cuts to the medicare reimbursement he receives as a physician.
Source: DSCC "Meet the Republicans" opposition research , Aug 21, 2010

Above a certain income, a person should not have to contribute to SS or Medicare, and if that is not feasible, we need to means test both.

nic34
03-20-2013, 12:14 PM
The states have had 40 years to regulate their abortion laws.

nic34
03-20-2013, 12:23 PM
I sincerely hope that Rand Paul runs and receives the Republican nomination for President in 2016. Rand Paul and his "new brand" of Republican Party will find out one thing. America as a whole is not Kentucky, and it does not agree with his corporatist agenda...

Paul's whole solution to our economic woes is the simple fact that he thinks we should all just get used to working for less and keep our mouths shut about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCwE5dKhl_M&feature=player_embedded

To protect his real masters in Corporate America Rand Paul is willing to accept one thing. That "accidents happen" and that some worker death is acceptable to save profit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgEQ3R6QWz8&feature=player_embedded

When America as a whole finds out what Rand Paul believes and what his vision of America actually would be, they would do to him what they have done to his whole tea-bagger movement. Shun it en masse.

Mister D
03-20-2013, 12:29 PM
A libertarian corporatist? That's a contradiction in terms.

Chris
03-20-2013, 12:44 PM
I sincerely hope that Rand Paul runs and receives the Republican nomination for President in 2016. Rand Paul and his "new brand" of Republican Party will find out one thing. America as a whole is not Kentucky, and it does not agree with his corporatist agenda...

Paul's whole solution to our economic woes is the simple fact that he thinks we should all just get used to working for less and keep our mouths shut about it:

To protect his real masters in Corporate America Rand Paul is willing to accept one thing. That "accidents happen" and that some worker death is acceptable to save profit:

When America as a whole finds out what Rand Paul believes and what his vision of America actually would be, they would do to him what they have done to his whole tea-bagger movement. Shun it en masse.

Does calling tea partiers teabaggers make you a teabaggee?

Rand's message resonates with those eho don't trust government, most Americans.

Greenridgeman
03-20-2013, 12:46 PM

He is tainted though, by association with his whacko dad.

Republicans need to be very careful who they nominate, the last two nominees snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Bigred1cav
03-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Libertarians are nothing but the warmed up spit of john birch society, freemen, and other anti free USA malcontents.

I submit those of that ilk get educated as to what the USA is not what some ex con or religious nut tells them the USA is.

Bigred1cav
03-20-2013, 12:50 PM
The Ponzi scheme came along when cheney/bush lied us in to two wars and used SS Funds to finance those wars.

Bigred1cav
03-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Wasn't enough paul and bush and the looney right wing survived.

Mister D
03-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Libertarians are nothing but the warmed up spit of john birch society, freemen, and other anti free USA malcontents.

I submit those of that ilk get educated as to what the USA is not what some ex con or religious nut tells them the USA is.

Shut up and drink your Pabst, ya slob.

Chris
03-20-2013, 01:08 PM

The battle has been fought and lost, anti-abortion people need to see that they have none, "society" has no objection to the slaughter.

Time for conservatives to stop taking the bait on issues already lost, and focus on regaining some voice in government.

Society is not free to form an opinion after 9 men in black robes decided for us.

Chris
03-20-2013, 01:10 PM
The Ponzi scheme came along when cheney/bush lied us in to two wars and used SS Funds to finance those wars.

It's been a ponzi scheme since it's inception under FDR.

Alif Qadr
03-20-2013, 01:26 PM

Most Americans plus one . . .ME (as in myself)

Alif Qadr
03-20-2013, 01:41 PM

What the two hosts of TYT overlook is that if the EPA becomes involved, taxpayers will end up footing the bill, or paying for the clean-up, which is exactly what has happened. This shell game of obfuscation and lack of candor, which includes government openness does nothing but obscure the addressing the issues of both corporate unwieldiness and too much governmental involvement. Either way, the taxpayers are always caught in the middle ending up being squeezed by both in the "market-place" via price increases and over-regulation making it more difficult for a person to become a business entrepreneur.

Santa's Little Helper
03-20-2013, 01:46 PM

Really 80 MILLION

Greenridgeman EXCUSE ME 80 MILLION

BY all means SOURCE please quote a SURE Corroborating this BULLSHIT you claim

Chris
03-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Really 80 MILLION

Greenridgeman EXCUSE ME 80 MILLION

BY all means SOURCE please quote a SURE Corroborating this BULLSHIT you claim

Why when one is too many.

Santa's Little Helper
03-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Why when one is too many.

Oh I see the good old DOUBLE STANDARD

IF I made such an OBSURD CLAIM you'd be allover me asking that I quote a source for my figures

But IF the blatant "obsurdity" matches YOUR VIEW Well answer a question with a question

Chris
03-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Oh I see the good old DOUBLE STANDARD

IF I made such an OBSURD CLAIM you'd be allover me asking that I quote a source for my figures

But IF the blatant "obsurdity" matches YOUR VIEW Well answer a question with a question

Say what?

What double standard? Speak so others can understand you. --And no need to SHOUT.

Santa's Little Helper
03-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Say what?

What double standard? Speak so others can understand you. --And no need to SHOUT.

I think you understood me perfectly clear

Let's cut the crap and get down to brass tax

Private Pickle
03-20-2013, 03:25 PM

I hope he runs too. I think he will not only get the base of the GOP (who else are they going to vote for? They would vote for Bugs Bunny if he had a {R} in front of his name) and the independants who are currently watching their decision to vote for "change" quickly evaporate into "more of the same".

Mainecoons
03-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Actually, there is a change. This is the slowest recovery from a recession in history.

Oh we know, Nic, it is all Bush's fault.

:rofl:

Peter1469
03-20-2013, 06:25 PM
From June 26, 2012

Big Gummit Randie....

DC is governed by Congress.

The states are not....

Mainecoons
03-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Yes, can you imagine making D.C. a state?

Sorry Nic, but D.C. IS under the control of the U.S. Congress. Something else in civics class you slept through, I guess.

Maybe that's why it is so thoroughly f-d up and has been so for my entire life.

Pete7469
03-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Over Exaggerate Much

I view abortion as an abomination. I find it hard to consider us a civilized society when we allow unborn babies to be slaughtered. It's worse than Rwandan Machete Genocide. You have to be a truly sick animal to be an abortion provider.

That said since conservative Christians generally do not have abortions, and I would prefer a population where conservative Chritians far outnumber bed wetting athiest shithead liberals, I can't get bent out of shape over the issue. As abhorrent as I find it, the contempt I have for the sorts of people who have the procedure outweighs that.

The fact that ghetto rats are also frequently having their next generation of ferral bastards sucked down a drain doesn't exactly warm my heart, but I can't raise too much of an objection to it. I find the positives outweighing the sin. Since I wouldn't allow my own children to be aborted without a fight, the sin isn't mine.

Pete7469
03-20-2013, 08:57 PM

Complete bullshit. You leftwing propagandists love to take snippets of speeches as evidence, yet when your moonbat masters say asinine things you never run out of excuses for them.

We ran 2 "moderates" back to back. Obozo pretended to be a "moderate", and wiped the floor with McCain. Then in 2012 the moonbat messiah again attempted to cloak himself in "moderation" but really didn't fool anyone who isn't a complete idiot, and barely squeaked out a victory against a liberal republican who no one really wanted. He was just the last republican standing after the media destroyed every other candidate one by one.

Someone like Rand Paul scares the shit out of bed wetters like you, because he energizes people and stands in opposition to idiotic leftist insanity rather than compromises with it. You don't compromise with the criminally insane. You defeat them. Rand Paul and the rising tea party stars understand this, and the flea bagger types know the free ride is coming to an end sooner or later.

The more bed wetters despise a candidate, the better that candidate will be as a leader.

Alif Qadr
03-21-2013, 05:14 AM
Over Exaggerate Much

Little Helper,
Self-restraint is also a fact and factor that limits the amount of unwanted pregnancies, with ZERO cost to the taxpayers. The most bovious solution to a problem is often overlooked for want of expediency.

Chris
03-21-2013, 05:38 AM
If only pro-choice meant choice to have sex.