PDA

View Full Version : Occupy a desk

Mister D
11-17-2011, 07:04 PM
:D The Occupy people blocked a lot of people from getting to work today so they made counter signs. That was one of them.

:D :D :D

Captain Obvious
11-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Occupy a shower

littlelionman
11-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Classic!

Mister D
11-17-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm watching some footage from this afternoon and it just seems like your typical incoherent left wing protest. There were a lot of signs about college tuition. ??? College is expensive. I get that but is that what you're protesting?

Captain Obvious
11-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I've seen people talk about student loan. I'm not sure what they issue is - they don't want to pay them back maybe?

I never wondered to the point where I wanted to find out, it's all a bunch of baseless whining.

Mister D
11-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I've seen people talk about student loan. I'm not sure what they issue is - they don't want to pay them back maybe?

I never wondered to the point where I wanted to find out, it's all a bunch of baseless whining.

As long as you get a real job after college making your loan payments is not difficult. I had a couple rough periods after graduation and a 6 month forbearance was easy to get. Yeah, these kids have been convinced that because Swedes go to college for free they shouldn't have to pay their bills. ::)

It just seems like it's all only tangential to Wall Street.

Conley
11-17-2011, 08:02 PM
One of the demands was forgiveness of all loans. Granted tuition is ridiculous at a lot of places but you also have to be smart about eating out and other expenses. A lot of students don't seem to think about the ramifications.

Conley
11-17-2011, 08:03 PM
And if you are going to go an expensive private school make sure to graduate with a degree that will get you a job. No paying 50k/yr to "find yourself". You'll find yourself buried in debt, that's what you'll find!

Mister D
11-17-2011, 08:04 PM
One of the demands was forgiveness of all loans. Granted tuition is ridiculous at a lot of places but you also have to be smart about eating out and other expenses. A lot of students don't seem to think about the ramifications.

So basically they want free tuition. Why Wall Street? They should be in DC.

Conley
11-17-2011, 08:07 PM

Plus it's not even Wall Street in a lot of cases. Mostly parks in cities that barely have financial districts. I bet this whole movement has really screwed up municipal parks...killed a lot of grass with their tents. That's the system they've destroyed, not the financial system! :f_doh:

Captain Obvious
11-17-2011, 08:16 PM

That's what I thought.

So I paid off my student loans on my own and I'm going to support a bunch of fucking jobless freeloaders who want me (and you) to pay for their student loans?

Fucking assholes.

Mister D
11-17-2011, 08:18 PM

That's what I thought.

So I paid off my student loans on my own and I'm going to support a bunch of fucking jobless freeloaders who want me (and you) to pay for their student loans?

Fucking assholes.

Ditto. Fuck that.

Mister D
11-17-2011, 08:19 PM

Plus it's not even Wall Street in a lot of cases. Mostly parks in cities that barely have financial districts. I bet this whole movement has really screwed up municipal parks...killed a lot of grass with their tents. That's the system they've destroyed, not the financial system! :f_doh:

I'm surprised I didn't see any environmentalist signs. ::)

jgreer
11-17-2011, 08:47 PM
More people in the Occupy movement have jobs than the Tea Party.

Also the reason you guys were able to pay off your loans is that college cost a lot less and banks weren't allowed to charge as much as interest as they do today. So basically you are comparing apples and oranges

Conley
11-17-2011, 08:51 PM
And yet many people are still able to pay off their loans...

Mister D
11-17-2011, 08:55 PM

Also the reason you guys were able to pay off your loans is that college cost a lot less and banks weren't allowed to charge as much as interest as they do today. So basically you are comparing apples and oranges

Greer, I'm 35. :) It wasn't that long ago that I graduated from college (2001).

Captain Obvious
11-17-2011, 09:04 PM

Socrates was a bargain then?

;D ;D ;D

Conley
11-17-2011, 09:05 PM

Socrates was a bargain then?

;D ;D ;D

:D

Speaking of which, I wonder how much Socrates charged his students, adjusted for inflation? ;D

Mister D
11-17-2011, 09:25 PM
:D He only taught the rich kids so I'm sure he was taken care of.

Conley
11-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Rich getting all the breaks >:( >:( >:(

Mister D
11-17-2011, 09:28 PM

Some people have to settle for Plato. What can I say? ::) ;D

Captain Obvious
11-17-2011, 09:33 PM
f**k the poor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYqF_BtIwAU#)

Conley
11-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Speaking of the [bowel] movement, where is IBB's thread tonight? I have a special photo for it. >:(

spunkloaf
11-17-2011, 10:27 PM

You're absolutely right, it's just a bunch of whining. >:( What a bunch of whiners. Cry babies. Well, those....those COMPLAINERS! >:( >:(

>:(

>:(

Conley
11-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Are you suggesting that we, the fine citizens of Politirant, are complaining ourselves about the complainers?

Hmm.

Interesting.

O0

Conley
11-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Spunk changed his signature :rofl: Cool...I have a present for ya, I'll put it in another thread.

MMC
11-18-2011, 12:43 AM

Some people have to settle for Plato. What can I say? ::) ;D

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1417177211632&id=be8fed24cc28cc0840c58f04f94ce86e&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.coverbands.com.au%2fBands%2fP LAY-DOH%2fcrayon.JPG

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1290324219809&id=28e5fd0545e05fce61d71137a7a5e81c&url=http%3a%2f%2flisticles.thelmagazine.com%2fwp-content%2fupload%2fplaydohthinker.jpg

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1289847116601&id=3b26b004188038a02ccb6fd3251d3bd9&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.coolest-homemade-costumes.com%2fimages%2fcoolest-playdoh-costume-2-21299646.jpg

:D ;D