PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg can't 'buy America'

Captain Obvious
03-24-2013, 03:42 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/24/bloomberg-mayor-group-tout-big-gun-control-push/

news de faux

NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre on Sunday challenged New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's plan to spend $12 million on ads meant to pressure senators into backing strict new gun control measures, saying Bloomberg "can't buy America."

Bloomberg's pro-gun control group Mayors Against Illegal Guns is launching the campaign in states where senators may be on the fence regarding a package of firearms proposals making its way to the Senate floor. As the push for that legislation appears to falter, President Obama plans to soon tour the country to talk about the need to reduce gun violence, a senior administration official confirmed to Fox News. Bloomberg also confirmed Sunday that he plans to spend $12 million to run ads in at least 10 states, suggesting there could be a political price to pay for opposing the measures.

Making clear he intends to be a counterweight to the NRA, Bloomberg said he wants to make sure the powerful gun lobby is not "the only voice" in this debate. If he can achieve that, Bloomberg said, "then I think my money would be well spent."

Mainecoons
03-24-2013, 04:18 PM
These left coast wackos get ever more disconnected from reality.

Adelaide
03-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Bloomberg has always kind of struck me as an idiot.

Newpublius
03-24-2013, 09:35 PM

Don't underestimate the left. Bloomberg? Actually a very clever man, and therein lies his liberal hubris. ou see? His success is evidence, to himself, that he knows better. Now, put down that Big Gulp! Mayor Mike wants lean liberal subjects!

Peter1469
03-24-2013, 09:42 PM

He is our Nanny.

Nanny Bloomberg.

Conley
03-24-2013, 09:42 PM
These left coast wackos get ever more disconnected from reality.

How is Bloomberg a left coast wacko?

Common
03-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Don't underestimate the left. Bloomberg? Actually a very clever man, and therein lies his liberal hubris. ou see? His success is evidence, to himself, that he knows better. Now, put down that Big Gulp! Mayor Mike wants lean liberal subjects!

Bloomberg is a belly crawler. Hes a democrat, switchs to republican to ride Rudy Guilianis coatails, then he switchs to independent. He is an obnoxious overbearing egotistical untrustworthy creep to me. I dislike him hugely. He tries to make nonesene policy to get attention.

zelmo1234
03-25-2013, 06:30 AM

When you want to tell people what they can eat drink, carry, how many bullets they can have? and control every aspect of their life, then that makes you a left coast wacko

truthmatters
03-25-2013, 06:54 AM
what the hell do you think the NRA has been buying for decades?

dead babies cut to shreds by a weapon designed for war should have to be pictured on the NRA logo

truthmatters
03-25-2013, 06:55 AM
defending Adam Lanzas right to have some fun with his moms weapons sure is a great way to fix your dying party

Santa's Little Helper
03-25-2013, 07:13 AM
defending Adam Lanzas right to have some fun with his moms weapons sure is a great way to fix your dying party

truthmatters couldn't the Adam Lanzas of the world find other means of
Mass murder

Timothy McVeigh packed a U-Haul full of fertilizer blackpowder and diesel fuel parked itunderneath the Alferd P Murrah Fedral building in 1995 killing 167 people as revenge for Waco and Ruby Ridge the pieces blew clear across Oklahoma City

Eric Robert Rudolph bombed the 1996 Olympics and numerous Abortion Clinics and Gay Bars throughout the South killing nearly a dozen

Jeffery Dahmer cruised gay bars in Milwaukee Wi for many years luring victims to his apartment and Dahmer never used a firearm or an explosives

I could go on but you get my drift

Captain Obvious
03-25-2013, 06:37 PM

Because his ego is like butter on toast.

simpsonofpg
03-26-2013, 07:03 PM
He is running for president and is doing a very good job of setting up the votes he needs. We need people in Washington who have jobs and live on budgets. A billion air much like Romney are not right for the country but the money is so huge they are the only ones who can afford to run.

hanger4
03-26-2013, 07:11 PM
what the hell do you think the NRA has been buying for decades?

dead babies cut to shreds by a weapon designed for war should have to be pictured on the NRA logo

Why aren't you condemning Bloomberg for spending his personal fortune

to affect the out come of an election

as you would/do condemn the Koch Brothers for doing the same ??

Mainecoons
03-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Ah, but that is different. He's a liberal and "truth" (major misnomer!) is another gun control nut. So it is OK.

Comprende?

hanger4
03-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Ah, but that is different. He's a liberal and "truth" (major misnomer!) is another gun control nut. So it is OK.

Comprende?

My bad.

Keep thinking about that "level playing field"

the left likes to throw out there

when they're losing an argument.