PDA

View Full Version : ‘I cling to my Bible, guns,’ says black female Senate hopeful

Captain Obvious
03-24-2013, 07:06 PM
http://www.humanevents.com/2013/03/24/i-cling-to-my-bible-guns-says-black-female-senate-hopeful/

zing

Tennesee’s outspoken African American female Senate candidate in 2014 spoke to Guns & Patriots about gun rights, racism, and the Bill of Rights.

“Gun control historically begins with blacks who were forbidden from owning guns,” said Brenda S. Lenard, a 2013 political science PhD candidate from the University of Tennessee and a resident of Kingston.

“It was very easy for slave owners to keep and control blacks with gun control,” she said.

Private Pickle
03-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Exactly. Look what happened when Django got one.

Cigar
03-25-2013, 07:27 AM
So she is a ... Tennessee ... outspoken ... African American ... female ... Senate candidate .... for a future 2014 election.

Well ... obviously she speaks for ... a Women, who lives in Tennessee, who happened to be born Black, who someday would like to be a Senator.

Ravi
03-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Back then gun laws were the states doing. Also the owner of slaves would have some say in the matter.

And yet there were still armed rebellions by slaves so not sure what the point of this thread is.

Cigar
03-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Back then gun laws were the states doing. Also the owner of slaves would have some say in the matter.

And yet there were still armed rebellions by slaves so not sure what the point of this thread is.

It's obvious to me what's the point of this thread. :wink:

Mister D
03-25-2013, 10:13 AM

She is talking about Reconstruction.

Mister D
03-25-2013, 10:13 AM
It's obvious to me what's the point of this thread. :wink:

That gun control leaves law abiding blacks defenseless?

nic34
03-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Yeah, if only Travon had one, there'd been two dead guys....

Mister D
03-25-2013, 10:35 AM

Travon was dumb enough to attack a man with a weapon. Bad move.

Anyway, most black victims of gun violence are killed or maimed by other blacks. Yeah, but it's more fun for you to wear a hoodie and buy yourself a pair of Trayvon underoos then to focus on a real problem.

TheDictator
03-25-2013, 10:47 AM
She is not an official Senate candidate, she has not filed for office. A lot of people say they are running for office just to get publicity.

Cigar
03-25-2013, 11:05 AM
That gun control leaves law abiding blacks defenseless?

Since you know everything about Blacks being defenseless, as if you're somehow really concern, how would you explain a Black Person having more than enough in defense?

Think one or two got by you somehow? :)

Take your time on that one.

Cigar
03-25-2013, 11:05 AM
She is not an official Senate candidate, she has not filed for office. A lot of people say they are running for office just to get publicity.

Looks like it worked like a charm.

Mister D
03-25-2013, 11:07 AM
..how would you explain a Black Person having more than enough in defense?

I deleted the half-assed ad hominem and we are left with this. What are you asking?

simpsonofpg
03-27-2013, 05:23 PM
I have never heard of the woman but she just got out of school with a PHD and we all know what that means. She knows the answers but is not quite up on the questions. I know what she is trying to say but in case she missed it salvery ended several years ago yet the black keep living with it. We all regret it happened but one thing I think she missed. Blacks in Africa that were from a stonger tribe captured and ensalved the weeker tribes and sold them to the traiders. Let not forget who started the mess.

zelmo1234
03-27-2013, 07:35 PM
So she is a ... Tennessee ... outspoken ... African American ... female ... Senate candidate .... for a future 2014 election.

Well ... obviously she speaks for ... a Women, who lives in Tennessee, who happened to be born Black, who someday would like to be a Senator.

Don't worry Cig, If she is elected, I am sure that you can come up with a female word for Uncle Tom! You know those conservative Black people that the left always try's to insult!

zelmo1234
03-27-2013, 07:36 PM

Well if you would have taken the gun out of that picture, there still would ahve been one dead guy, just a different one!

Private Pickle
03-27-2013, 10:19 PM

Sounds like wishful thinking to me...