PDA

View Full Version : Syria Agrees to Accept Arab League Monitoring

Conley
11-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Syria has conditionally accepted an Arab League plan to send a mission to observe the implementation of proposals aimed at ending violence, a Syrian diplomatic source has told the BBC.

The source, who wished to remain unnamed, said Damascus had already informed the League of the decision.

The source said a few adjustments were being worked out, but "they were not designed to hinder the mission".

The League on Wednesday gave Syria three days to agree or face sanctions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15791532

"The Arab League plan, drawn up earlier this month, calls on Syria to withdraw tanks from restive cities, cease its attacks on protesters and engage in dialogue with the opposition within two weeks."

I don't see this monitoring doing a thing to stop the violence. Assad has shown no willingness to change and this seems like just another stall tactic.

Mister D
11-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Assad best move fast if he can though. The longer this goes on the weakker his position will become.

Conley
11-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Assad best move fast if he can though. The longer this goes on the weakker his position will become.

That's what I've been thinking for a while. There was a big outcry when his navy was shelling his own coastal towns...I can only conclude that he doesn't have the means to crush this. It will continue smoldering and probably lead to full on civil war.

Mister D
11-18-2011, 12:03 PM

That's what I've been thinking for a while. There was a big outcry when his navy was shelling his own coastal towns...I can only conclude that he doesn't have the means to crush this. It will continue smoldering and probably lead to full on civil war.

It's my instinct that he neesds to move fast but obviously I don't have all the details. It just seems to me that his position will only get weaker particularly in diplomatic terms.

MMC
11-18-2011, 06:47 PM
He could crush it easily. But then they would for sure get him for Crimes against humanity. Still the Sunni are going after his people. Personally I think he knows it is a matter of time. He keeps building his defenses. Preparing!

The thing I don't like is that they place all this emphasis on the Arab League. Who are ran and Controlled by the Sunni. Not the Shia or any other Muslims. The Sunni have spoken. WTF is that shit. Who gives a fuck if the Sunni have Spoken. Who gives a shit if the Saud speaks. Course the Sunni are going to cry and whine. Thats whos getting killed. Sunni Arabs. They got a dog in that race and thats why. Get rid of the Sunni dog. No more news out of Syria!

jgreer
11-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Are you a Shia? You are always whining about the Sunni.

MMC
11-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Are you a Shia? You are always whining about the Sunni.

No I am not Shia.....I don't whine about the Sunni JG. Thats because I got no problem putting my foot off into any Sunni's Azz I see. But I do notice how all cry about getting off the Oil Tit. Yet keep kissing that Sunni Azz. Especially when they raise prices on a barrel of oil.

Dont look like it's the Shia setting up proxy governments and banks. Nor does the Shia seem to be about giving to that Global Initative. Do you see Shia controlling OPEC? The Arab League? Do you see the Shia building what and like the Sunni are building?

Then again maybe you condone the genocide and supression of the Shia by the Sunni.
Dont Worry your good buddies buy nothing but the best. So at the very least they do spend money. While they are twisting that dagger they are sticking in everyones back.