PDA

View Full Version : Boehner: Young’s Comments Offensive, ‘Beneath The Dignity’ Of His Office

Cigar
03-29-2013, 01:19 PM
House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) offered a sharply worded reprimand for Rep. Don Young on Friday, demanding the Alaska congressman apologize for using a racial epithet to characterize migrant workers.

“Congressman Young’s remarks were offensive and beneath the dignity of the office he holds," Boehner said in a statement. "I don’t care why he said it – there’s no excuse and it warrants an immediate apology.”

Young gave an interview to a local radio station on Thursday where he reminisced about “wetbacks” working on his father’s ranch in California. “My father had a ranch; we used to have 50-60 wetbacks to pick tomatoes. It takes two people to pick the same tomatoes now. It’s all done by machine,” Young said on KRBD. He later said he did not mean to offend.

“During a sit down interview with Ketchikan Public Radio this week, I used a term that was commonly used during my days growing up on a farm in Central California,” Young said. “I know that this term is not used in the same way nowadays and I meant no disrespect.”

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/boehner-youngs-comments-offensive-beneath-dignity-of-his?ref=fpb

Actually these comments are just what he really believes, these commitments are "always" what they truly believe.

Have fun with that re-branding effort.

Mister D
03-29-2013, 01:28 PM
The tomato pickers in question won't ever vote for you, Boehner. You have nothing to lose.

Ravi
03-29-2013, 01:31 PM
hahahaha! GOP tries out PC. That's going to go over well with the base.

Cigar
03-29-2013, 01:48 PM
The tomato pickers in question won't ever vote for you, Boehner. You have nothing to lose.

I'm sure the boy butt suffers do

Mister D
03-29-2013, 01:48 PM

What?

hanger4
03-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Actually these comments are just what he really believes, these commitments are "always" what they truly believe.

Have fun with that re-branding effort.

Your brush shows you to be a fool.

simpsonofpg
03-31-2013, 02:51 PM
What Boehner said is true. We can't call the dems on their stuff if we don't call it on our own.

Conley
03-31-2013, 02:56 PM
It's common sense -- something that seems to escape the party of rape being god's will and all that...I don't think much of Boehner but this is a step in the right direction

patrickt
03-31-2013, 03:53 PM
hahahaha! GOP tries out PC. That's going to go over well with the base.

Actually it will not be a problem for their base. It's the racist liberals who can't handle a non-racist society.

patrickt
03-31-2013, 03:55 PM

I guess Cigar thought his racism was so popular he'd go off in another bigoted direction, too.

Ravi
03-31-2013, 08:54 PM
Actually it will not be a problem for their base. It's the racist liberals who can't handle a non-racist society.
Oh yeah, that's it.

Private Pickle
03-31-2013, 09:39 PM