PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Ben Carson apologized to gay people

Threeup63
03-30-2013, 08:32 AM
http://CNN) - Neurosurgeon Ben Carson, who rose to GOP fame in recent months, apologized Friday for appearing to equate homosexuality with the criminal acts of pedophilia and bestiality. "I love gay people. I love straight people. So this was really, I think, on my behalf, somewhat insensitive and I certainly apologize if I offended anyone, because I was not in any way comparing gays with people who engage in bestiality or sexual child abuse," Carson said on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer." (http://CNN) - Neurosurgeon Ben Carson, who rose to GOP fame in recent months, apologized Friday for appearing to equate homosexuality with the criminal acts of pedophilia and bestiality."I love gay people. I love straight people. So this was really, I think, on my behalf, somewhat insensitive and I certainly apologize if I offended anyone, because I was not in any way comparing gays with people who engage in bestiality or sexual child abuse," Carson said on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer.")

Peter1469
03-30-2013, 09:14 AM
He is a rising star. Hopefully he learns from this and doesn't make such statements in the future. The press lives for a right wing guy to say this stuff in public.

hanger4
03-30-2013, 09:18 AM
He is a rising star. Hopefully he learns from this and doesn't make such statements in the future. The press lives for a right wing guy to say this stuff in public.

Isn't it amazing that left wing guys and gals never say disparaging things about minorities ??

Peter1469
03-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Isn't it amazing that left wing guys and gals never say disparaging things about minorities ??

They do all the time. The media just "misses" it. Typically it is in the form of "bigotry of low expectations." For example, it isn't news if a black gang banger kills other blacks, because that is what "they do." But it is news of a white guy (who later turns out to be Hispanic) kills a black kid.

Tad Scratchy
03-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Well that's just the definition of 'news', Peter.

You don't do an investigative report on "dog bites man".

Nooone's going to run a headline of "Korean family immigrates locally, opens convenience store to facilitate process".

But the fact that black kids shooting each other in failed cities is so common it's not even worth mentioning on the news is not a point IN FAVOUR of how easy, and spoiled and entitled black people have it in those areas. Everyone living inthose neighborhoods is living in that reality - and I sure the fuck don't live in that reality. My kid walks down the street safe as can be. I don't spend a minute of the day worrying about him walking past drug dealing murderers to get to school every day for the next 12 years.

It's kind of an alarm bell on how BAD things have gotten in those places. Not how lucky and pampered they are.

Threeup63
03-30-2013, 09:09 PM

Nooone's going to run a headline of "Korean family immigrates locally, opens convenience store to facilitate process".

But the fact that black kids shooting each other in failed cities is so common it's not even worth mentioning on the news is not a point IN FAVOUR of how easy, and spoiled and entitled black people have it in those areas. Everyone living inthose neighborhoods is living in that reality - and I sure the fuck don't live in that reality. My kid walks down the street safe as can be. I don't spend a minute of the day worrying about him walking past drug dealing murderers to get to school every day for the next 12 years.

It's kind of an alarm bell on how BAD things have gotten in those places. Not how lucky and pampered they are.

How about when the kids are in school,I worry like hell till mind's get home safe ?

Mister D
03-30-2013, 10:54 PM

Neither is it a comment on how lucky and pampered our children are. No, it;s an alarm bell on how something has gone terribly wrong in both the communities question and how we've envisioned our society.

Common
03-31-2013, 06:26 AM

I wouldnt call him a rising star until he actually gets somewhere. Christie was the darling of the left ahead of rubio and then he did one thing the right didnt like and he got punted.
Wasnt very long ago Herman Cain was taunted as a rising star. Dems and GOP alike annoint rising starts before they are totally vetted, like Christie for one. I wouldnt be so quick with this guy.
As far as the statement that Liberals dont make disparaging remarks about minorities, even if that were true its because of the difference in agenda and talking points between liberals and conservatives. Liberals insult everyone else. Like calling people trailer park trash etc. Its a two way street and neither is on the high road of verbal insults.

Peter1469
03-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Still he coveys a very good message about what the federal government should do for us.

Common
04-01-2013, 06:30 AM
Still he coveys a very good message about what the federal government should do for us.

Well that depends on what an individuals views are right ?