PDA

View Full Version : Will Hillary Clinton Run in 2016?

Conley
03-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Mrs. Clinton’s post-government life is so new that she is barely off her State Department health care plan. The Iowa caucuses are at least 33 months away. But that has not dissuaded a network of former campaign staff members and volunteers from starting a political action committee, “Ready for Hillary,” dedicated to what they hope will be her 2016 run.

Nor has it stopped major polling outfits like the one at Quinnipiac University from seeing how she would do in a presidential contest against two Republican contenders from Florida, former Gov. Jeb Bush and Senator Marco Rubio. In a Quinnipiac poll conducted two weeks ago, Mrs. Clinton thrashed both by 11 percentage points in their home state.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31/us/politics/a-hillary-clinton-in-transition-has-rivals-and-donors-frozen-in-place.html?hp

Those numbers surprise me -- especially against Rubio. I gotta think Rubio is much more popular than Jeb. I can see Hill running and winning the Dem nomination pretty easily but I don't think any democrat will be elected after 8 years of Obama. McCain couldn't do it after 8 years of Bush and Gore couldn't do it after 8 years of Clinton. 12 years for any party is tough IMO. HW was part of a 12 year run after Reagan but he ran against a historically bad candidate:

Bush took 53.4 percent of the ballots cast[13] while Dukakis received 45.6 percent. Bush became the first serving Vice President to be elected President since Martin Van Buren in 1836[26] as well as the first person to succeed someone from his own party to the Presidency via election to the office in his own right since Herbert Hoover in 1929.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._W._Bush#1980_presidential_campaign

So if she runs I don't think she'll win the presidency, but I do think she'll get the democrats behind her

Captain Obvious
03-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Way too early, but shes expected to run by most.

About the time everyone forgets Bengazi, 4 years, it will be the new old news.

Conley
03-31-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm surprised she's considering it after the beating she took last time...Benghazi is just one of many things that will probably be forgotten but I still say there's no way a Dem will win (unless the Repubs do something crazy like nominate a Bachmann). I think if Romney ran again he'd win -- no clue if he wants to though. And it's not really THAT early :tongue:

patrickt
03-31-2013, 01:38 PM
I hope so. She's the opposite of President Obama in that he was a candidate with no history, except for his fictionalized autobiographies, and Sen. Clinton oozes history from her pores from tax fraud in Arkansas on to looting the White House and moving into President Obama's leftist government. I certainly don't expect the liberal media to mention any of Sen. Clinton's history but I suspect someone will. Actually, her Democrat opponents in the primaries probably will. Of course, for Democrats being a tax cheat might not count as a negative.

Private Pickle
03-31-2013, 02:03 PM
She'll run and she has a good shot at it. Hopefully Paul will run against her.

Conley
03-31-2013, 02:31 PM
She'll run and she has a good shot at it. Hopefully Paul will run against her.

Yep I think Rand will have a great shot...I'm expecting better GOP candidates next time around

simpsonofpg
03-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Is the pope a catholic? Will she run, Yes will she win, too soon to tell.

Conley
03-31-2013, 02:53 PM
I hope so. She's the opposite of President Obama in that he was a candidate with no history, except for his fictionalized autobiographies, and Sen. Clinton oozes history from her pores from tax fraud in Arkansas on to looting the White House and moving into President Obama's leftist government. I certainly don't expect the liberal media to mention any of Sen. Clinton's history but I suspect someone will. Actually, her Democrat opponents in the primaries probably will. Of course, for Democrats being a tax cheat might not count as a negative.

Do you include the stealing of the "W" keys from keyboards as part of her WH looting or do you think she stole the bathrobes and towels too? Pretty sure the shampoo is ok to take so that's not a crime...

lynn
03-31-2013, 07:12 PM
I think everyone should vote for the least popular candidate in the coming election and sit back and watch the political upheaval.

oceanloverOH
03-31-2013, 07:23 PM
I thought there was discussion that her fainting spell, and subsequent concussion and blood clot in her brain, could disqualify her? Does anybody know anything about that?

Private Pickle
03-31-2013, 10:10 PM
I thought there was discussion that her fainting spell, and subsequent concussion and blood clot in her brain, could disqualify her? Does anybody know anything about that?

She fainted and had a blood clot.

Common
03-31-2013, 10:37 PM
At first there was alot of rah rah for her running, of late there seems to be disappointingly low number of donors coming forward. We have to see what kind of enthusiasm she begets as we get closer to the election. Its a long way off.
Unfortunately for Hillary her chances are very much tied into Obamas next 4 yrs. If he has most of the country against him Hillary will have a very hard choice to make she will have a big hill to climb all democrats will.

oceanloverOH
03-31-2013, 10:40 PM
She fainted and had a blood clot.

Oh, thanks, Pickle. THAT really cleared it up.....lol

TNHarley
04-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Didnt she say something about her NOT running?
Might be mixed up, IDK
I think she could pull the primary, easily!
I dont know about winning..
Not after obama, anyways
Especially if Rand gets the primary for the other side :)

oceanloverOH
04-01-2013, 01:56 PM
I like Rand Paul....unless somebody could convince Condi Rice to run. Wouldn't THAT be a helluva contest, between Condi and Hillary?

Cigar
04-01-2013, 02:02 PM
I like Rand Paul....unless somebody could convince Condi Rice to run. Wouldn't THAT be a helluva contest, between Condi and Hillary?

I want a front row seat for that mud wrestling cat fight. :laugh:

nic34
04-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Folks.... it's 2013.....

Cigar
04-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Folks.... it's 2013.....

They have given up all hope and change :grin: until 2016

nic34
04-01-2013, 02:08 PM
and the house in 2014.....

Adelaide
04-01-2013, 03:04 PM
She'll be too old. I feel like I say this in every argument on the issue, but women don't age as well as men do and image matters at least subconsciously to voters, if not consciously. Doesn't mean I agree with it - I'd support a Hillary presidency, but I do not think it will happen.