PDA

View Full Version : Arab League Plan Rejected By Syria

Conley
11-20-2011, 09:25 AM
The Arab League has rejected a demand by Syria to alter its plan for ending the country's conflict, which has reportedly left at least 3,500 dead.

It dismissed Syria's demand to amend its proposal for a 500-strong observer mission to be sent to the country.

The Arab League's deadline for Syria to end its crackdown passed overnight with no sign of violence abating.

President Bashar al-Assad has said his country will not bow to "pressure" and predicted the conflict would continue.

Speaking to the UK's Sunday Times, he said the unity and stability of Syria were at stake.

The Arab League plan, seen by the world as the best hope for resolving the conflict peacefully, seems to have crashed in flames, the BBC's Jim Muir reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15810579

In the other article I posted it looked like Syria was at least considering the Arab League plan and even painting their tanks blue to try to suggest they were police vehicles and not military. Now it looks like they will drop the pretense completely and continue attacking civilians.

Peter1469
11-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Sounds like a problem for the Arab League to solve. I hope that the US and the West has the good sense to stay out of it, at least officially.

And since there is no oil in Syria the US and Western governments shouldn't be getting pressure from Big Oil to invade.

MMC
11-21-2011, 06:34 AM
Well technically what little Oil Syria does have was feeding Europe anyways. Then the French got more sanctions applied and cut off their own nose despite their fragile face. But knew they would make up for such with Libya and the backing of the Rebels. Course it is the French who is speaking for all of Europe in putting the pressure on with the UN. I do expect the Sunni to whine and cry non-stop all the while expecting everybody else to help solve their problem. Including telling us they want us to speak out against Syria.

Althought it is the Arab League who is Rejecting Syria's Plan isn't it?