PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Border Crossings Double, Border Becomes Less Secure

ptif219
04-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Obama does not care about border security. This shows we need border security not amnesty

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/04/01/exclusive-illegal-border-crossings-double-as-beltway-gets-close-to-deal-on-immigration-reform-n1554148

As the immigration reform Gang of Eight inside the Beltway prepares to announce a deal later this week, claiming border security will come before a path to citizenship for millions of illegals, Border Patrol agents have seen illegal border crossings double and warn the cutting of agent work hours will only result in less border security, not more.
"We've seen the number of illegal aliens double, maybe even triple since amnesty talk started happening," an agent told Townhall, who asked to remain unnamed due to fears of retaliation within Customs and Border Protection [CBP], something he said is common. "A lot of these people, although not the majority, are criminals or aggravated felons. This is a direct danger to our communities."
Data obtained by Townhall and reported within CBP from February 5 through March 1, 2013 shows 504 illegal aliens were spotted exploiting the Tucson/Nogales area, 189 were caught on CBP intelligence cameras. Of those 504, only 174 were apprehended and 32 of the 189 on camera were carrying large drug load packs for Mexican cartels. Some were armed with AK-47 style weapons.

Ivan88
04-02-2013, 07:55 PM
We were invaded and conquered long ago. This Mexican invasion is just a latter stage.
Isaiah 5
Because we were such bad boys, "nature's God" broke down our borders and let in many nations.

Product of illegal entry

Kindness
04-02-2013, 10:20 PM
As an internationalist and anarcho-syndicalist, I don't support borders or nation-states, so I have no problem with people freely entering the country (especially people of Native American descent, which most Mexicans and Central Americans are). If capital can be internationally mobile, then so can labor.

ptif219
04-02-2013, 10:34 PM
As an internationalist and anarcho-syndicalist, I don't support borders or nation-states, so I have no problem with people freely entering the country (especially people of Native American descent, which most Mexicans and Central Americans are). If capital can be internationally mobile, then so can labor.

So you have no problem with all that they cost us? You support them breaking our laws?

Kindness
04-02-2013, 11:12 PM
So you have no problem with all that they cost us? You support them breaking our laws?

I have no problem with them entering our country, yes. Most of them contribute more in taxes than they cost.

Private Pickle
04-02-2013, 11:29 PM
We were invaded and conquered long ago. This Mexican invasion is just a latter stage.
Isaiah 5
Because we were such bad boys, "nature's God" broke down our borders and let in many nations.

Product of illegal entry

Look at that ass!

roadmaster
04-02-2013, 11:38 PM
I have no problem with them entering our country, yes. Most of them contribute more in taxes than they cost.

No they cost more than they give, in fact many work under the table and takes many jobs away from Americans. All you have to do is look at the cost of hospitals. You must not live near the border and shouldn't be able to answer for the many Americans including Native Americans to lose their lives protecting themselves.

ptif219
04-03-2013, 12:53 AM

Show proof of that. If they pay taxes does that mean they are using someone else's Social security number and stealing their identity. Care to talk about how they keep wages low.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/immigration/item/12431-illegal-aliens-a-drain-on-us-taxpayers-report-says

http://www.fairus.org/publications/the-fiscal-burden-of-illegal-immigration-on-u-s-taxpayers

killianr1
04-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Some were armed with AK 47style weapons AK-47 style weapons....thanks to fast and furious

simpsonofpg
04-03-2013, 02:25 PM
They are trying to get here so they can get the free ticket that I will have to pay for. We just need to enforce our border laws. We don't need more laws and anytime anyone gets something for free they never appreciate it. I am surprised that Obama is not offering free bus service from the border to where ever you want to go.

killianr1
04-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Preferably a red state.:smiley:

nic34
04-03-2013, 02:32 PM
The facts:

In fiscal year 2011, there were 18,506 U.S. Border Patrol agents in the Southwest Border Sectors -- up steadily from 3,555 agents in 1992, according to Customs and Border Protection (http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/border_security/border_patrol/usbp_statistics/usbp_fy11_stats/staffing_92_10.ctt/staffing_92_11.pdf) figures.

A Pew Research Hispanic Center study (http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/04/23/net-migration-from-mexico-falls-to-zero-and-perhaps-less/) finds that Border Patrol apprehensions of all unauthorized immigrants are at their lowest level since 1971. "In spite of (and perhaps because of) increases in the number of U.S. Border Patrol agents, apprehensions of Mexicans trying to cross the border illegally have plummeted in recent years—from more than 1 million in 2005 to 286,000 in 2011—a likely indication that fewer unauthorized migrants are trying to cross," it concluded.

In all, there were 327,577 illegal immigrant apprehensions in 2011, according to the U.S. Border Patrol (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:rJXRZcwruYIJ:www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/border_security/border_patrol/usbp_statistics/60_10_app_stats.ctt/60_11_app_stats.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESj5_H6fSf-F7d-VI1-pX1Kl7R3UKIrAxr6PIKFeRw6X9irA-9tA5T2PwIAUKudaEeddZ60Ai88Vn77MVQAy768duEGGAPkGc9b gWEzKm56YE1TFNp-LOrsIZTGDfJUfHvi8m1rj&sig=AHIEtbTZC6miC9rsGd9WtC2-kuBG8B6o3g). This is the lowest number since 1972, when there were 321,326. According to the Department of Homeland Security, the 2011 figure is a 53% drop from 2008, which it says indicates that fewer people are trying to cross the border.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/13/politics/fact-check-immigration

Mainecoons
04-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Once again, in your infinite mental confusion, you are mixing up yesterday's news with today's. The figures from Pew, which are accurate as is their take on it, are past tense versus the OP which is about the impact that recent actions by the Obamanation administration have had on INCREASING illegal border crossings.

In other words, Pew is summarizing the previous trend whereas the OP is about a short term reversal of that trend directly due to Mr. Obama and his incompetent and dangerous administration.

At least you used a credible source this time. Not that I expect you to make a habit of it.

Kindness
04-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Undocumented workers still contribute funds in the form of sales taxes, property taxes, and other government fees. There is nothing about someone's immigration status that makes her more prone to crime, so I don't see why undocumented immigration is a public safety threat. The vast majority of violent crimes in the US are carried out by US citizens. Undocumented workers are not looking for a "free ride," most work far harder than the vast majority of American citizens.

The real problem is not Hispanic laborers, it is the capitalist class exploiting both them and US workers.

Common
04-03-2013, 10:46 PM
When reagan gave outright amnesty to over 3,000,000 illegals instantly, the same thing happened at the border during the 11 months it took to get it all worked out and through congress we were inundated with illegals over the border. Thats when the border crossing exploded and they havent stopped since. This isnt new so all the Obama blamers are just flamers. Every single president did the same thing, NOTHING.

spunkloaf
04-04-2013, 02:46 AM
I can see the problems with illegal immigration. My opinion is that these problems are minor in comparison to some other problems facing our nation--like arrogance. In saying so, I am not singling out any particular group of people.

I don't defend illegal immigration, because I think there is a good reason for the laws governing the path to citizenship.

HOWEVER.

I do find cause for concern in the motives of people who pay such enormous attention to the issue of illegal immigration. Are they truly bothered about the legality of the issue? Do their complaints hold water? Or, are they jaded by racially charged opinions, and inflating the issue to create a contrast and promote the esteem of their own heritage?

I'll be honest. People's opinions are none of my business, no matter how typical or hypocritical I find them to be. What it comes down to is that illegal is illegal. I just hope that American citizens don't overlook the benefits of such immigration, like the cheap labor it provides so that the rest of us don't have to do the dirty work.

Cigar
04-04-2013, 08:35 AM
The facts:

In fiscal year 2011, there were 18,506 U.S. Border Patrol agents in the Southwest Border Sectors -- up steadily from 3,555 agents in 1992, according to Customs and Border Protection (http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/border_security/border_patrol/usbp_statistics/usbp_fy11_stats/staffing_92_10.ctt/staffing_92_11.pdf) figures.

A Pew Research Hispanic Center study (http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/04/23/net-migration-from-mexico-falls-to-zero-and-perhaps-less/) finds that Border Patrol apprehensions of all unauthorized immigrants are at their lowest level since 1971. "In spite of (and perhaps because of) increases in the number of U.S. Border Patrol agents, apprehensions of Mexicans trying to cross the border illegally have plummeted in recent years—from more than 1 million in 2005 to 286,000 in 2011—a likely indication that fewer unauthorized migrants are trying to cross," it concluded.

In all, there were 327,577 illegal immigrant apprehensions in 2011, according to the U.S. Border Patrol (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:rJXRZcwruYIJ:www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/border_security/border_patrol/usbp_statistics/60_10_app_stats.ctt/60_11_app_stats.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESj5_H6fSf-F7d-VI1-pX1Kl7R3UKIrAxr6PIKFeRw6X9irA-9tA5T2PwIAUKudaEeddZ60Ai88Vn77MVQAy768duEGGAPkGc9b gWEzKm56YE1TFNp-LOrsIZTGDfJUfHvi8m1rj&sig=AHIEtbTZC6miC9rsGd9WtC2-kuBG8B6o3g). This is the lowest number since 1972, when there were 321,326. According to the Department of Homeland Security, the 2011 figure is a 53% drop from 2008, which it says indicates that fewer people are trying to cross the border.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/13/politics/fact-check-immigration

I think they are getting nervous ... you can see the brown in their eyes. :grin:

nic34
04-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Once again, in your infinite mental confusion, you are mixing up yesterday's news with today's. The figures from Pew, which are accurate as is their take on it, are past tense versus the OP which is about the impact that recent actions by the Obamanation administration have had on INCREASING illegal border crossings.

In other words, Pew is summarizing the previous trend whereas the OP is about a short term reversal of that trend directly due to Mr. Obama and his incompetent and dangerous administration.

At least you used a credible source this time. Not that I expect you to make a habit of it.

Really, you think 504 illegals spotted between February 5 through March 1, 2013 is somehow an indicator of something, but 327,577 apprehensions in 2011, the lowest number since 1972 has no meaning?

You ARE a genius. :laugh:

Cigar
04-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Really, you think 504 illegals spotted between February 5 through March 1, 2013 is somehow an indicator of something, but 327,577 apprehensions in 2011, the lowest number since 1972 has no meaning?

You ARE a genius. :laugh:

The Obama Whining is really humorous ... I had no idea the once great Good Old Party would be reduced to a 4 year long bitching marathon full of pussies. It's just two (2) loses, what ever happen to pulling yourself up by your bootstraps?

Looks to me like the only thing getting pulled s a string. :laugh:

spunkloaf
04-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Why be so concerned about illegal immigrants? Cheap labor, people!

Common
04-04-2013, 12:37 PM

Not cheap healthcare, not cheap if they commit a crime coss 50-100,000 to keep a healthy inmate depending on the state. Theres a myriad of problems with having illegal immigrants inundate our country continuously. Every president since Reagan and probably before GOP and Democrat alike has done NOTHING to stop it. Right now today "AGAIN" Theres republicans and democrats lining up to reward illegal immigrants with breaking our laws.

Mister D
04-04-2013, 12:37 PM

Because it has tremendous sociological and economic consequences that the wealthy don't have to live with in their gated communities.

Common
04-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Because it has tremendous sociological and economic consequences that the wealthy don't have to live with in their gated communities.

Mister D my respect for you grows the more of your posts I read. You apply common sense before your partisan ideals and you always seem to post what my views are only alot more eloquently and clearly.