PDA

View Full Version : Sex in the Arab World

Chris
04-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Kind of interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EZFkt9fIOhY

In an hour-long conversation, El Feki and Quan discuss why political freedom won't necessarily lead to sexual freedom (4:30); why the rise of Islamism could lead to more sexual freedom (6:00); the Egyptian phenomenon of "summer marriage," in which wealthy travelers from the Gulf states enter into temporary marriages with prostitutes as a way to get around Islam's ban on sex out of wedlock (11:00); a Medieval Arabic dictionary called "The Language of Fucking," which had over 1,000 verbs for having sex (13:30); the rise of gay rights activist groups in the face of the Arab world's brutal homophobia (26:00); the sad state of sex education in the Arab world (33:30); the sexual frustrations of married Arab women (36:30); why women are the primary advocates for female genital mutilation in Egypt (42:00); why virginity is still "a big fucking deal" in the Arab world, leading some prostitutes to perform anal sex exclusively as a way of preserving their hymens (44:30); how attitudes about sex in the Arab world will eventually change by "pulling down the citadel from the inside" (49:00); and the still-common view that masturbation will lead to blindness, deformation, insanity, and hell (1:06:00).

@ Sex in the Arab World (http://reason.com/reasontv/2013/03/30/sex-in-the-arab-world)

Alif Qadr
04-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Kind of interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EZFkt9fIOhY

@ Sex in the Arab World (http://reason.com/reasontv/2013/03/30/sex-in-the-arab-world)

An assault on virtue and morality is just that, an assault on morality and virtue. Of course people can do as they please but it is as I have always stated, "If Islam is too much for you by way of restrictions then people need to leave Islam and convert to the religions of the world. There they will find attitudes towards virtue, chastity, promiscuity and morality more to their liking. Their is absolutely nothing wrong with the codes of conduct and behavior as enumerated in Al Khitaab, so to constantly assault a system of behavioral science is nothing more than a complete rejection of morality and the criterion that all of the prophets held to.
Why is it that people, especially from the Occidental cultures take umbrage with Allah, His way and those who live accordingly? At the same token, the same like to complain about the immoral behaviors of their elected officials, others in said societies who shun moral behavior and the downfall of the societies. It seems oddly hypocritical to me.

Mister D
04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
An assault on virtue and morality is just that, an assault on morality and virtue. Of course people can do as they please but it is as I have always stated, "If Islam is too much for you by way of restrictions then people need to leave Islam and convert to the religions of the world. There they will find attitudes towards virtue, chastity, promiscuity and morality more to their liking. Their is absolutely nothing wrong with the codes of conduct and behavior as enumerated in Al Khitaab, so to constantly assault a system of behavioral science is nothing more than a complete rejection of morality and the criterion that all of the prophets held to.
Why is it that people, especially from the Occidental cultures take umbrage with Allah, His way and those who live accordingly? At the same token, the same like to complain about the immoral behaviors of their elected officials, others in said societies who shun moral behavior and the downfall of the societies. It seems oddly hypocritical to me.

The peoples of the Occident have developed the remarkable habit of decrying racism and ethnocentrism while projecting their worldview, as well as their peculiar religious history, onto the rest of the globe.

spunkloaf
04-04-2013, 02:30 PM
I get loose with these kinds of subjects, so let me know if something is too inappropriate.

Peter1469
04-04-2013, 02:34 PM
I get loose with these kinds of subjects, so let me know if something is too inappropriate.

This is new for you- we have this On the Serious Side part of the forum. You will notice that the background color is different. Posts On the Serious Side should be, well serious. So if this was not in On the Serious Side, more latitude would be granted in responses to the OP.

Mister D
04-04-2013, 02:39 PM
No worries, Spunk. I did the same thing this morning. You just need to be aware of where you are. "Situational awareness" as Peter likes to say. :smiley: