PDA

View Full Version : This week's yummy recipe!

oceanloverOH
04-07-2013, 09:40 AM
My husband had a seafood pasta dish @ Red Lobster not long ago. Since it was made with real pasta, I couldn't order it (me and my sucky diabetes), but I took a couple of offered bites of his dinner and tried to formulate how I would adapt it as my own recipe, using my diabetic-friendly Dreamfields pasta. So I did, and I made it a couple of days ago....it really came out excellent! Here 'tis, for those who are interested ~ ~

Seafood Penne Pasta

8 oz fully cooked frozen lobster meat, thawed, deshelled and cut in ½" chunks
OR
8 oz fully cooked frozen crab legs (about 10-12 large legs, thawed, deshelled and cut into ½" chunks)

8-10 oz fully cooked medium deveined tailless cocktail shrimp, halved (frozen and thawed is OK, also)
1 box penne pasta, cooked (I use Dreamfields)
About 20 thin spears fresh asparagus
20-25 oz Di Giorno or Classico Four-Cheese Alfredo Sauce (about 1½ jars)
2-3 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp finely chopped red bell pepper
8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese

Wash asparagus thoroughly and cut off tough woody ends. Cut asparagus into 1" pieces. Place asparagus into boiling salted water for two minutes. Drain and chill in ice water to stop cooking and to help retain its color. Drain again.

Cook penne pasta according to directions on the box, drain.

In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add garlic, onion, mushrooms and red bell pepper. When lightly cooked, add prepared lobster chunks or crab chunks and halved shrimp, cooking for about 5 more minutes. Add asparagus, cooked pasta and Alfredo sauce, simmering until everything is heated through, about 10-15 minutes. Garnish with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.

Serves 4.

Peter1469
04-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Looks good!

Common
04-07-2013, 11:40 AM
I love that, the only thing I do different is I take Olive oil and sautee tons of garlic and some very finely chopped onion, I dice anchovies and throw them in and they disentigrate and leave a terrific non fishy flavor.
On the side I have a roux ready theres all types of rues, I use flour chicken broth some butter or margarine. I pour in the roux and add more chicken broth till I get the right texture and thickness let it simmer add herbs and then at the end the seafood. Making my own sauce.