PDA

View Full Version : Annette Funicello has Passed

Common
04-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Younger folks may never have heard of her, but us baby boomers knew her like she was the girl next door. One of the most famous memembers of the Mouseketeers.

Annette Funicello died at 70yrs of age. RIP

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/annette-funicello-mouseketeer-and-girl-next-door-beauty-dies-at-70/2013/04/08/5d4083de-a071-11e2-be47-b44febada3a8_story.html?hpid=z4

RtWngaFraud
04-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Another dead feminist lesbian.

Agravan
04-09-2013, 06:54 AM

Another classy post from our resident loon.

Greenridgeman
04-09-2013, 07:49 AM
Younger folks may never have heard of her, but us baby boomers knew her like she was the girl next door. One of the most famous memembers of the Mouseketeers.

Annette Funicello died at 70yrs of age. RIP

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/annette-funicello-mouseketeer-and-girl-next-door-beauty-dies-at-70/2013/04/08/5d4083de-a071-11e2-be47-b44febada3a8_story.html?hpid=z4

For the younger ones, she was sorta like the first Brittney Spears, without the drama.

simpsonofpg
04-09-2013, 02:00 PM
She was a great actress and a very good person. You never heard any dirt on her like you do the younger so call actress today. I grew up with her.

jillian
04-09-2013, 02:26 PM

what on earth are you talking about???

oceanloverOH
04-09-2013, 02:44 PM

He has no idea. He just looks for something hateful to say and out it spouts.

Cigar
04-09-2013, 02:48 PM

I never knew that ... :huh:

... the lesbian part.

Not that it makes a difference ...

... both Lesbian and dead part..

jillian
04-09-2013, 02:54 PM
I never knew that ... :huh:

... the lesbian part.

Not that it makes a difference ...

... both Lesbian and dead part..

near as i can tell, she was married twice... to men... and had two kids. i've never heard of her being a lesbian (not that it matters)...

as for feminist? i'm not quite sure a) what that means; or b) what evidence there is that she was political at all except with respect to raising funds for neurological disorders.

jillian
04-09-2013, 02:54 PM
He has no idea. He just looks for something hateful to say and out it spouts.

seems so.

Cigar
04-09-2013, 02:56 PM
seems so.

Some people are just bitter all the time.

junie
04-09-2013, 03:00 PM
near as i can tell, she was married twice... to men... and had two kids. i've never heard of her being a lesbian (not that it matters)...

as for feminist? i'm not quite sure a) what that means; or b) what evidence there is that she was political at all except with respect to raising funds for neurological disorders.

lol well there was that one time i'd heard of, with her and minnie over at cinderella's castle, but that was probably just a publicity stunt... :dontknow:

jillian
04-09-2013, 03:07 PM
lol well there was that one time i'd heard of, with her and minnie over at cinderella's castle, but that was probably just a publicity stunt... :dontknow:

lol..

Mainecoons
04-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Another classy post from our resident loon.

Be careful, there's more than one. We have several who like to post cartoons and do Dumb and Dumber threads where they talk to each other. We have a pretend Russian too, I think.

Maybe you need to label them:

Loon A
Loon B
Loon C
Loon D
and so on.

:rofl:

jillian
04-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Be careful, there's more than one. We have several who like to post cartoons and do Dumb and Dumber threads where they talk to each other. We have a pretend Russian too, I think.

Maybe you need to label them:

Loon A
Loon B
Loon C
Loon D
and so on.

:rofl:

cool... like dr seuss and thing 1 and thing 2

Mainecoons
04-09-2013, 06:32 PM
When I was young and watched the Mouseketeers I thought she was incredibly hot and had a major crush on her. Boy, the curtain is falling on our time, sigh.

However, we did have the very best time in America, pretty much all the way through. I sure don't envy the younger folks and seriously doubt they'll be saying the same thing when they are 70.

jillian
04-09-2013, 06:39 PM
When I was young and watched the Mouseketeers I thought she was incredibly hot and had a major crush on her. Boy, the curtain is falling on our time, sigh.

However, we did have the very best time in America, pretty much all the way through. I sure don't envy the younger folks and seriously doubt they'll be saying the same thing when they are 70.

a lot of people had crushes on her in your generation. :D

as for the 50's being the best time to grow up... i've heard that. and respectfully, that was only true if you were a white male.

oceanloverOH
04-09-2013, 06:49 PM
a lot of people had crushes on her in your generation. :D

as for the 50's being the best time to grow up... i've heard that. and respectfully, that was only true if you were a white male.

Annette was a lady, even as a young teen. When she made guest appearances, her mother was with her, and she wore gloves and a hat, as was expected of a young lady. Young teen stars nowadays are not brought up to be ladies and gentlemen in polite society, it seems. Look at Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber.

Actually, I'm female and was born in the early 50s....and I think the 50s-60s were an excellent time to grow up, regardless of gender. Children learned discipline and morals at a very early age, and were expected to keep to those morals at all times. Children were punished when they were naughty, by parents and teachers alike. Children played outside, mostly at physical activities, from early morning until the street lights came on. Children had an imagination that didn't involve a computer or TV.....that wasn't a cardboard box, it was a castle. I would miss some of our technology if I could go back....but I would enjoy living in a simpler time, I think.

jillian
04-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Annette was a lady, even as a young teen. When she made guest appearances, her mother was with her, and she wore gloves and a hat, as was expected of a young lady. Young teen stars nowadays are not brought up to be ladies and gentlemen in polite society, it seems. Look at Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber.

Actually, I'm female and was born in the early 50s....and I think the 50s-60s were an excellent time to grow up, regardless of gender. Children learned discipline and morals at a very early age, and were expected to keep to those morals at all times. Children were punished when they were naughty, by parents and teachers alike. Children played outside, mostly at physical activities, from early morning until the street lights came on. Children had an imagination that didn't involve a computer or TV.....that wasn't a cardboard box, it was a castle. I would miss some of our technology if I could go back....but I would enjoy living in a simpler time, I think.

thanks re annette.

i understand what you're saying about the 50's. but women also had to stop working when they got married... couldn't make their own money... there was a "three stitch" rule in effect in new york that said if your husband hit you, he could't be prosecuted unless he caused you to have an injury requiring 3 stitches or more. and if you were black in many areas, you couldn't register to vote without being beaten, couldn't look at a woman who wasn't black, and had to use separate bathrooms, separate restaurants, etc.... well, you get the drift.

so yes, there were things that were simpler... but there was an awful lot wrong, too.

oceanloverOH
04-09-2013, 07:05 PM
thanks re annette.

i understand what you're saying about the 50's. but women also had to stop working when they got married... couldn't make their own money... there was a "three stitch" rule in effect in new york that said if your husband hit you, he could't be prosecuted unless he caused you to have an injury requiring 3 stitches or more. and if you were black in many areas, you couldn't register to vote without being beaten, couldn't look at a woman who wasn't black, and had to use separate bathrooms, separate restaurants, etc.... well, you get the drift.

so yes, there were things that were simpler... but there was an awful lot wrong, too.

Agreed. There were good and bad points then, just like any time throughout history.

The race stuff was the worst. Being a military brat and moving around so much, I was taught from the cradle that there was NO difference in people, except colors. And that was pretty much accepted in southern Calif where I was born. But when my Marine dad was transferred to New Orleans and I started Catholic school there in 1961, segregation was the norm....there were no blacks in my school. Then in 1964, the first black children were enrolled....only two, a set of boy/girl twins, who were in my grade. They were still required to drink from a separate water fountain that was hastily installed, and sit at a separate table in the lunchroom (I bucked the system and had lunch many times with the girl and defied anyone to say anything; they didn't...I was a tough little thing). The school actually conducted fundraisers to built an outhouse for them to use, vs. the facilities in the main building. We still had a long way to go....but I cheered at every milestone. It saddens me that we STILL have some of this crap going on in my lifetime, 50 years later.

Sorry, got off on a tangent there.

jillian
04-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Agreed. There were good and bad points then, just like any time throughout history.

The race stuff was the worst. Being a military brat and moving around so much, I was taught from the cradle that there was NO difference in people, except colors. But when I started Catholic school in the deep South in 1961, segregation was the norm....there were no blacks in my school. Then in 1964, the first black children were enrolled....only two, a set of boy/girl twins, who were in my grade. They were still required to sit at a separate table (I bucked the system and had lunch many times with the girl and defied anyone to say anything; they didn't...I was a tough little thing). The school actually conducted fundraisers to built an outhouse for them to use, vs. the facilities in the main building. We still had a long way to go....but I cheered at every milestone. It saddens me that we STILL have some of this crap going on in my lifetime, 50 years later.

Sorry, got off on a tangent there.

well, the good news was that the military was the first truly desegregated entity. they figured out earlier than most that the color of the person next to you didn't matter and all that mattered was them having your back.

but yes, there is good and bad in all eras.

:coffee2:

Greenridgeman
04-10-2013, 04:18 PM

Hell, old man, I am finding these 60's BETTER than those 60's in so many ways.

Do miss the spontaneous atmosphere, and of course, the better weed*.

*If you were getting good weed. Oh, for some real Mexican Michoucan(SP?) circa 1968.

I didn't get Mouseketeers where I lived, but was vaguely aware of Annette.

Not my type though.

Common
04-10-2013, 04:23 PM

He has no idea jillian