PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Mitch McConnell?

Ravi
04-10-2013, 01:40 PM
In the meantime, the McConnell campaign is trying to fundraise off the topic as well as blame the media. A message on their campaign website urges donors to give to "Stand with Senator McConnell against the liberal media's illegal and underhanded tactics."

The tape of the Feb. 2 strategy session -- released by Mother Jones (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/mitch-mcconnell-ashley-judd-secret-tape-senate) magazine -- recorded McConnell and his aides devising tactics for discrediting actress Ashley Judd who at the time was widely expected to enter the U.S. Senate race to take on McConnell. She has since decided not to run for office.

(http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/03/will-ashley-judd-run-in-2016/)

But while Judd was mulling the race, McConnell's staff was strategizing that the best way to hurt her candidacy would be to highlight her past struggles with depression and her religious views, according to the tapes.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sen-mitch-mcconnell-bugged-strategizing-ashley-judd/story?id=18914051

What a doofus! Probably someone he invited taped the meeting. What a dope, accusing others of being underhanded!

jillian
04-10-2013, 01:48 PM
In the meantime, the McConnell campaign is trying to fundraise off the topic as well as blame the media. A message on their campaign website urges donors to give to "Stand with Senator McConnell against the liberal media's illegal and underhanded tactics."

The tape of the Feb. 2 strategy session -- released by Mother Jones (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/mitch-mcconnell-ashley-judd-secret-tape-senate) magazine -- recorded McConnell and his aides devising tactics for discrediting actress Ashley Judd who at the time was widely expected to enter the U.S. Senate race to take on McConnell. She has since decided not to run for office.

But while Judd was mulling the race, McConnell's staff was strategizing that the best way to hurt her candidacy would be to highlight her past struggles with depression and her religious views, according to the tapes.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sen-mitch-mcconnell-bugged-strategizing-ashley-judd/story?id=18914051

What a doofus! Probably someone he invited taped the meeting. What a dope, accusing others of being underhanded!

has anyone ever said mcconnell was overly bright?

Cigar
04-10-2013, 01:52 PM
What is it with Conservative Politicians?

Do they not believe in recording devices also?

jillian
04-10-2013, 01:54 PM
What is it with Conservative Politicians?

Do they not believe in recording devices also?

believe in them?

they perfected them.

KC
04-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Well it's not like many people go into politics because they're particularly bright or anything. Mostly they go into it for a want of power and wealth without having to work particularly hard for it.

jillian
04-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Well it's not like many people go into politics because they're particularly bright or anything. Mostly they go into it for a want of power and wealth without having to work particularly hard for it.

i'd like to think there are still some people who go into politics to make a difference other than for their own pocketbook or power.

of course, then there are people like trent lott who goes into politics because he wasn't allowed to use DDT in his extermination business.

ah well...

Ravi
04-10-2013, 02:07 PM
i'd like to think there are still some people who go into politics to make a difference other than for their own pocketbook or power.

of course, then there are people like trent lott who goes into politics because he wasn't allowed to use DDT in his extermination business.

ah well...

:lmao:

KC
04-10-2013, 02:08 PM

ah well...

I admire your optimism, but I think an overwhelming majority go into politics for a love of wealth or power, and I don't think it can be cut along any sort of ideological border.

nic34
04-10-2013, 02:14 PM

ah well...

Wasn't that Tom Delay?

http://silencedmajority.blogs.com/.a/6a00d834520b4b69e20120a589faff970c-300wi

jillian
04-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Wasn't that Tom Delay?

http://silencedmajority.blogs.com/.a/6a00d834520b4b69e20120a589faff970c-300wi

damn! it was!! sheesh.

thanks.

hanger4
04-10-2013, 02:28 PM

Why is questioning someones past in a political race underhanded ??

It's done by all.

Vetting is a term that crosses the lips of all parties.

Cigar
04-10-2013, 02:31 PM

It's done by all.

... try telling Mrs. Romney that.

hanger4
04-10-2013, 03:03 PM
... try telling Mrs. Romney that.

Everybody whines about it

and everybody does it

since the beginning of politics in this country.

killianr1
04-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Some of you may remember that Nixon was impeached for doing no less than what was done to McConnell. But that was way back when we had (uh what did you call it) oh yeah integrity. And the lack of it got him threw out of office. Not much of that any more.

jillian
04-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Some of you may remember that Nixon was impeached for doing no less than what was done to McConnell. But that was way back when we had (uh what did you call it) oh yeah integrity. And the lack of it got him threw out of office. Not much of that any more.

that isn't true.he orchestrated a COVER UP of an illegal break in. That is what he would have been tried for.

there is zero evidence here that mcconnell's office was bugged. it is far more likely that someone with a cell phone recorded him.

it is unlikely that there is anything illegal about that.

you're welcome.

Common
04-10-2013, 04:30 PM

Similar but nixons actions went much much further. McConnel is right he should be able to expect privacy in his own office and that goes for all dem or gop. It should be investigated

Greenridgeman
04-10-2013, 04:32 PM

I think it is more an ego thing.

Greenridgeman
04-10-2013, 04:35 PM

Nixon was impeached for lying about things, the break-in, coverup, and other things.

Not directly for the break in as I remember.

Also, was he actually impeached, or did he resign before the House formally voted?

Long time go, you know.

Common
04-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Nixon was impeached for lying about things, the break-in, coverup, and other things.

Not directly for the break in as I remember.

Also, was he actually impeached, or did he resign before the House formally voted?

Long time go, you know.

If my memory isnt too rusty. He resigned before his imminent impeachment and he was impeached for covering up the breakin at the DNC headquarters and lying to the public.

Greenridgeman
04-10-2013, 04:50 PM
If my memory isnt too rusty. He resigned before his imminent impeachment and he was impeached for covering up the breakin at the DNC headquarters and lying to the public.

I had my mind on a lot of other things, but as I recall, a delegation, perhaps all R's, perhaps from the House Committee on Impeachment, came and told him it was all over resign, or get impeached.

Secret bombings were also part of the grievances against the Trickster.

I think he was going to be charged with 19 counts, total, on a range of things.

He had a lot of enemies, he turned out to be his own worst enemy.

I think he resigned, it is an error to say he was impeached.

It was a low moment, I remember that.

Mainecoons
04-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Another career political hack. That's all you need to know about Mitch McConnell

zelmo1234
04-10-2013, 05:52 PM
I think that they need to know where the tap did come from, If it was a wiretapping issue then of course it should be prosicuted.

We will know by the attention that Holder gives this issue. If he ignores it then we need to dig further!

patrickt
04-10-2013, 05:52 PM

ah well...

And then there are those who are just so darned proud of the millions they killed by denying them DDT. What kind of sick nitwits plan their whole lives to be politicians. President Obama, Sen. Kerry, President Clinton, Sen. Gore. They started as youngsters planning on being politicians.

patrickt
04-10-2013, 05:54 PM

It's done by all.

Not really. President Obama comes to mind. It took him three years to find a birth certificate and school records are still a secret. He's the man with no past except for a fictionalized biography that he wrote. Voting present as often as possible was the safest thing the fool could do. Can the liberals find another blank slate to run?

Common
04-10-2013, 10:44 PM
And then there are those who are just so darned proud of the millions they killed by denying them DDT. What kind of sick nitwits plan their whole lives to be politicians. President Obama, Sen. Kerry, President Clinton, Sen. Gore. They started as youngsters planning on being politicians.

Dont stop there, the kennedys, the bush boys, rand paul. The list is endless.

patrickt
04-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Dont stop there, the kennedys, the bush boys, rand paul. The list is endless.

I'm sure you realize the Bush boys had a life before politics. Rand Paul I would agree with. The Kennedys were such a dysfunctional family I don't know how I would categorize them except rich enough and liberal enough to be immune to all laws.

Greenridgeman
04-11-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm sure you realize the Bush boys had a life before politics. Rand Paul I would agree with. The Kennedys were such a dysfunctional family I don't know how I would categorize them except rich enough and liberal enough to be immune to all laws.

Pretty sexist to only include men in the list of those groomed for politics since birth.

Pelosi's dad raised her to enter public life, in fact, she learned her politics under the Kennedy boys.

Peter1469
04-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Pretty sexist to only include men in the list of those groomed for politics since birth.

Pelosi's dad raised her to enter public life, in fact, she learned her politics under the Kennedy boys.

I wouldn't bet against that.

truthmatters
04-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Not really. President Obama comes to mind. It took him three years to find a birth certificate and school records are still a secret. He's the man with no past except for a fictionalized biography that he wrote. Voting present as often as possible was the safest thing the fool could do. Can the liberals find another blank slate to run?

vetting is one thing and lying is another.

What do you think ist gains your failed party to lie instead of vet?

truthmatters
04-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Mc Conall is being found out by the American people

Peter1469
04-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Mc Conall is being found out by the American people

He is a lib.

nic34
04-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Yep, the turtle done left the terrarium....

truthmatters
04-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Ole turtle head has a like 36% approval rating and wont likely be in congress much longer

nic34
04-11-2013, 09:04 AM
He is a lib.

if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail

Peter1469
04-11-2013, 09:36 AM

Actually I no longer have a hammer. For some reason my wife took it with her when she left. I guess that means I should go to Home Depot!

Mister D
04-11-2013, 10:06 AM

Coming from you that's hilarious. :laugh:

KC
04-11-2013, 12:20 PM
He is a lib.

Depending on your perspective, of course. In general though he favors more control not less, so that is a pretty good indicator.

Common
04-11-2013, 12:37 PM
McConnel is scared of the teaparty in Kentucky, they are after him like they are after many other politicians. That and re election is whats guiding McConnell right now.

KC
04-11-2013, 12:40 PM
McConnel is scared of the teaparty in Kentucky, they are after him like they are after many other politicians. That and re election is whats guiding McConnell right now.

He should be, I'm glad.

nic34
04-11-2013, 12:41 PM
so am I.....:laugh:

hanger4
04-11-2013, 03:55 PM
A secret recording of a campaign strategy session between U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell and his advisors was taped by leaders of the Progress Kentucky super PAC, says a longtime local Democratic operative.

Mother Jones Magazine released the tape this week. The meeting itself took place on Feb. 2.

Jacob Conway, who is on the executive committee of the Jefferson County Democratic Party, says that day, Shawn Reilly and Curtis Morrison, who founded and volunteered for Progress Kentucky, respectively, bragged to him about how they recorded the meeting.

Conway says neither the local nor the state Democratic party had any part in the incident.

These are the same guys who sent out racist tweets about McConnell’s wife, Elaine Chao, and her Chinese heritage.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/11/report-liberal-group-progress-kentucky-behind-mcconnell-taping/

How thick does irony have to be before it drips.