PDA

View Full Version : What does "going green" mean to you?

Chloe
04-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Relatively simple question I guess: What does "going green" mean to you?

Chris
04-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Making an effort to show concern about environment, planet, make it a better place.

KC
04-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Changing lifestyles and habits to reflect consciousness about how our actions affect the physical environment. Doesn't necessarily mean that our actions should now have a positive impact, just that they represent the intention of having a less negative impact.

It's not always the case that going green has a positive impact, but I think when most individuals do decide, they have the right intentions.

BillyBob
04-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Smoking one of Cigars' crappy cigars.

KC
04-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Smoking one of Cigars' crappy cigars.

Please stick to the topic of this thread.

BillyBob
04-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Going Green means abandoning logic and reason, believing in the liberal religion known as 'Global Warming', taking a wrecking ball to the US economy, becoming subservient to a world government and being forced to pay more taxes to bloated world rulers under the guise of curbing 'climate change'.

[I'm sorry you guys didn't like my cigar joke]

oceanloverOH
04-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Going green? If I consider eating escargot. Just kidding.

I guess going green is, like Chris and Kathaariancode said above, consciously initiating personal actions to help protect our environment and our planet. Recycling and choosing to buy recycled products; composting; planting trees and other green things; replacing worn or broken appliances, home systems and autos with more fuel and energy efficient models.

Chloe
04-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Going Green means abandoning logic and reason, believing in the liberal religion known as 'Global Warming', taking a wrecking ball to the US economy, becoming subservient to a world government and being forced to pay more taxes to bloated world rulers under the guise of curbing 'climate change'.

[I'm sorry you guys didn't like my cigar joke]

I liked your cigar joke better than you actual response, but I asked for personal opinions and so you are entitled to that.

Greenridgeman
04-18-2013, 04:52 PM

Greenridgeman
04-18-2013, 04:56 PM

Pressure washing my house with well water and no detergents, using barn floor deposits for fertilizer, planting deer food plots where waste water runs off, using no gasoline frivolously, buying clothes for functionality, not fashion, drinking water from a jelly glass, not a fancy bottled water, eating a lot of fish and game and homegrown vegetables.

So on and so forth..........!

Micketto
04-19-2013, 06:45 AM
"Going green" originally meant more than just an effort to change the way a business/person/family affects the environment, it is a whole rework of "business as usual", meaning lots of changes actually in place.

A family recycling plastic is not "going green". If they recycled, drove an electric car, and removed the TVs & computers from their home... then they are "going green".

Of course, like all things, this late in the game the phrase has become watered down so that more people can make that claim and feel good about themselves. It was "cool" when it was new a decade ago.

In most cases though, it's exactly what someone else said...
just an attempt to "represent the intention".
Or in other words, no changes that actually benefit anything.

zelmo1234
04-19-2013, 07:26 AM
While a person saying he is going green is likely to includ things that try and help the local envifoment,

The term has been hjijacked by political parties to push an agenda. And of course to try and get more revenue to support levles of spednign that are in fact a drag on the economy!

So this leads to the pushing of technologies and products that cause energy prices to increase and this does have a negative effect on the economy!

We may not like that but it is the truth!

So going Green to me means trying to do the best that I can not to waste anything!